Confused hearts

The little princess and the big servant

From the kitchen, Amy watched her roommate with a confused face. Since Amber arrived home, she didn’t move an inch from the sofa. Her hands were on her stomach and she was staring at the ceiling as if it was the most interesting thing in the universe. Jack Jack and Gongju  were sleeping on her stomach tired of barking at her to catch her attention. Suddenly, her phone ringed and when she saw the caller, she went directly to her room.

‘’Hello Min-unnie’’

‘’Amy! How is our dear llama?’’

‘’She turned into a statue, why?’’

‘’Kibum told me’’

‘’Told you…what exactly?’’’ Amy asked intrigued

‘’He said that Amber was behaving really odd at the festival so he asked her why.  At first, she didn’t want to talk about it but in the end, she told him that Soojung kissed her’’

 

 

 

Amy froze.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooojung?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kissing?

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAT?!’’

‘’Keep it down. We don’t want Amber to find out’’

‘’Oh…oh…sorry….I got excited’’Amy said happily’’I didn’t expect this. OMG!It was time’’

‘’But this isn’t everything. He said that Amber is afraid to go further with her because she is so young and  blah blah…excuses…she is sometimes a scaredy llama. It’s obvious Soojung likes her and she still denies it’’

Min began babbling out and Amy giggled. They definitely cared for each other a lot.

‘’What do we do unnie?’’

‘’Well, plan ‘’Make the llama confess for the princess’’ officially begins’’ Min said confident

‘’Gotcha. What do we do first?’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The kiss kept replaying in her mind. It was so sudden; that she wished she could enjoy it more. After all, it was probably the last kiss she will receive from her. She sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Does she like her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As an old friend? Lover?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What is she?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t even want to know the answer for that .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why was everything so complicated?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She sighed again and began petting Jack Jack.

 

 

 

 

‘’Anyway, Yuri will be back soon, my holidays will end too and I won’t see her that much and everything will slowly go back to normal, right Jack Jack?’’ She said petting his head this time’’Everything will go back to normal, right?We are going to be just friends…or even less than that’’

‘’Right?’’This time she whispered to herself

 

 

 

 

Yeah…

 

 

 

 

 

That was for the best, right?

 

 

 

 

….

 

 

Soojung was busy looking at the documents the company gave her.  She will begin working in two weeks.

 

 

 

 

Just two more weeks

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She sighed and turned down the paper in her hand…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was useless after all.

 

 

 

 

 

She has been trying to concentrate but, in the end, couldn’t.

 

 

 

 

The kiss kept replaying….

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber….

 

 

 

 

 

She closed her eyes and sighed again…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why did she kiss her?

 

 

 

Just why…?

 

 

 

 

 

It was already 5 ó clock and the llama was still in the same position. From the door of her room, Amy rolled her eyes and took a seat in the armchair.

 

‘’Did something happen?’’ Amy asked her

 

Amber looked at her from her position. Their eyes meet and she lifted an eyebrow.

 

‘’What make you think that?’’ She asked

‘’It’s way too quiet’’ Amy said giggling

 

Amber looked at her and gave her a sad smile.

 

‘’I…it’s nothing to worry’’

‘’Sure?’’

‘’Yep’’

 

Amy patted her head trying to comfort her. She kind of had an idea of what was in Amber’s head. After all, they had been friends for so many years. Suddenly, Amber’s cell phone began ringing. The llama took it out to see who the caller was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amy stopped patting her.  Amber clenched the cell phone in her hand in nervousness.

 

 

 

 

 

It was from Yuri’s house.

 

 

 

 

‘’Will you answer that?’’

 

 

Amber looked at her and hesitated. She took a big breath and answered it. Amy bit her lip

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Hello?’’ She asked

 

 

 

 

 

She hoped with all her heart that the call would be from Se Ri.