The bird that flew away

The little princess and the big servant

The short haired girl played with her Rubik cube trying to kill the time. She will go out within some minutes. She thought but it has become hours because the person she was waiting for didn’t knew what minute meant. Anyway, she didn’t complain. She will lose if she did.  Soon, she finished her cube for the 20th already and her gaze shifted to the photo frame next to the tv. A smile spread across her face.

 

She was hugging a long black haired girl. They were both smiling happy looking at the camera.

 

She felt giddy remembering in what circumstances that photo was taken. Just after, she proposed to her. Everything was happiness that day. A guitar, a song and a ring were everything she needs to give her girlfriend.   After 5 years of relationship, she was sure she was the one. Who else can fill for that spot?

She took it with her hands and admired the beauty of her wife to be. She sure was lucky to find the right one at a young age. Most people find out later. But she has just found her at the sweet age of 17 years old.

 

Lucky, lucky, lucky

 

Her friends around her age were jealous of her.  She chuckled remembering some of them. They complained about being single while others just shrugged their shoulders happy to still be free.  Some of her older friends were already married. They seemed still happy after so many years. Sometimes she asked herself if she will be like that or…

 

She shook her head.

 

 

No.

 

 

 

They will work out…

 

 

 

 

 

…because they are meant to be, right?

 

 

‘’What are you doing?’’  A soft voice asked while giggling

 

She just got off of their run and the image of her girlfriend shooking her head remembered her of a dog drying its body after a bath. Amber just shrugged her shoulders and gave her a big smile. She placed the photo frame on its place and went to grab the woman’s hand.

 

‘’Exercising my head. You should try it too’’ She said

 

The young woman laughed at her comment. Amber always managed to make her smile. That was one thing she loved about her.

 

‘’Ok. I will. But not today. We are late’’

‘’And whose fault is it?’’ Amber asked mockingly

‘’Amber’s fault’’ She said playfully

 

Amber’s grin grew wider. She liked this childish moments with her.

 

‘’Really? I think it’s…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Suzy’s fault’’

 

 

Suzy giggled in embarrassment. She said 20 minutes and she took an hour. But everything was for the person in front of her; she always wanted to look pretty just for her.  She pecked her cheek and smiled.

 

‘’Forgiven?’’

‘’Yup. Let’s go’’

 

The couple exited their apartment hand in hand.  

 

Yeah….

 

 Everything was happiness back then.

 

….

….

 

 

They arrived late after meeting their friends. They had a long chat with Min, Fei and Jia because they couldn’t see each other at all the last months. They were excited talking about how the wedding would be making Suzy embarrassed. Amber giggled remembering her tomato face. It was fun to see Suzy red. She played with remote control in her hands. She was in the living room while Suzy was in the bedroom changing.

 

That what’s she told her two hours ago…

 

 

Amber crunched her eyebrows. That’s strange…

 

 

She turned the tv off and went to their bedroom. As soon as she entered, her gaze and Suzy’s met. Suzy was holding tightly on her laptop. She looked tense. Amber knew it in that instant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Something was off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She came near her and stood just next to her.  Suzy looked back at her laptop trying to absorb just what she had read.

 

 

 

 

 

Why now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

She bit her lips and looked at the ring in her finger and then at her girlfriend…

 

 

 

 

 

Why now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber looked at her with pleading eyes. She wanted to know what was troubling her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy took a big breathe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’A Korean company has offered me to be part of her company as an acting trainee’’


 

 

 

 

She knew she hadn’t finished. Suzy took another deep breathe.

 

 

 

‘’They also said that they have some drama and cf directors interested in me. They want an answer immediately’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s eyes widened…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She felt as her whole world was crumbling down. Suzy looked worried at her. Amber was just frozen.  Then… this means…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy took her hand. She startled her for a bit but her gentle touch calmed her…a little. Suzy looked at her whit a little smile.

 

‘’Don’t worry. I will say no. I already have a life here with you.  I will say no’’

 

 

 

Amber observed her girlfriend turning off her laptop and guiding her to lean on the bed with her. Suzy smiled and played with her fingers on her face. She enjoyed the touch and slowly fell asleep.

 

 

 

Everything was right, wasn’t it?

 

 

 

She realized she was lying to herself. Everything wasn’t right. Even though, Suzy still smiled at her, she knew her girlfriend was a bit down.

 

 

 

 

Who won’t?

 

 

 

 

 

Since she knew her, Suzy’s dream was becoming an actress. She majored at it in the University but she hadn’t been really lucky at all. And now a big company was offering her a good opportunity and she was saying no because of her….because of her engagement.

 

 

 

 

 

Was it all right?

 

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

 

She knew the answer and she knew what to do too. She loved the girl and because of that…

 

 

 

 

 

How much she wanted to not have a tongue in this moment…

 

 

 

She came near her girlfriend who was sitting in the couch with her laptop on her lap. Her girlfriend smiled at her like always. She gave her a little one and sat on the table in front of the couch. Suzy stared at her. Amber was not a serious person at all.  The older woman looked at her .

 

‘’What’s wrong, ba…?’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Let’s break up’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy couldn’t believe what she was hearing.  Did she…? But…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’I don’t want to hold you back or be a burden in your life. I don’t want you to think about ‘’ what ifs’’ I want to see you accomplished your dreams and be happy. I…’’

 

 

 

 

She was going to break too if she kept seeing the girl she loved crying. She held her hands and placed a gently kiss on each one. Some tears began falling from her eyes too. She lifted her gaze to see the teary one of Suzy.

 

 

How much she wanted to go back to the happy time…

 

 

 

 

 

But this was the correct thing to do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Even if it hurts.

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Please, achieve your goals and above all, be happy’’

 

 

 

Her voice sounded so husky now.

 

 

 

 

Was it because of the tears?

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t know. She just wanted to hold the girl in her arms forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But forever sometimes ends quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She played with the ring in her hand.  She looked at it for the last time and threw to the ocean with all her force.

 

 

It was the right thing to do.

 

 

People said that when you set free a bird and it flew away but it never returns, then…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…it was never truly yours in first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The young woman twisted her body in her sleep. She opened her eyes and darkness surrounded her.


 

 

 

She had just dreamed of her.

 

 

 

The first time after so many years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She put an arm on her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Suzy’’

 

 

 

 

 

She called her name but she knew she wouldn’t come.

 

She was just a memory now. 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Well....you thought it was the end? xD Well...no TT___________TT

I think they had a long way before the happy ending -_________________- 

I'm updating now because once f(x) has their comeback.......this fic will be forgotten by the authour and the readers xD So comment and I will update as often as I can until the 24 >u<