Midnight stories

The little princess and the big servant

The young woman entered the house. Dark welcomed here so she turned the lights on.  She looked around trying to spot Amber or Se Ri, but she couldn’t find neither of them.

The clock marked 11:00pm.

Then, maybe they were upstairs. She went to her niece’s room and as soon as she opened the door, she smiled.

Se Ri was sleeping peacefully on her bed. Arms and legs open almost occupying all the bed while…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Amber was on the edge almost falling out of the bed.

 

Soojung chuckled.  She wanted to see Amber falling but it wasn’t fair when she took care of Se Ri while her unnies and she were away. She came closer and poked the older girl’s arm.

Still sleeping, Amber shood her hand away. Soojung grinned. She poked her shoulder now. Amber moved her shoulder.  What else? Cheek now.   The llama moved her head trying to scare the mosquito. 

 

Soojung giggled. So funny, but she needed to wake her up so she opted for the best way to do it.  Her fingers traced the features of her face and after a while, they stopped in front of her nose. The young woman tapped it lightly. Then, her thumb and index fingers went to each sides of the nose and…

 

 

 

 

 

…pinched it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The old girl woke up for the sudden lack of air. Her eyes widened when she noticed a black figure in front her.

 

 

 

 

BURGLAR!

 

 

 

 

She opened ready to  shout but a hand tapped it.

 

 

‘’It’s me, stupid’’ Soojung said trying to not laugh so loud

 

Amber raised an eyebrow and sat…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…well….she tried…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because of the lack of space, she ended up falling on the floor. Soojung couldn’t contain anymore and went to the corridor to laugh.

Amber pouted, stood up and went to greet the mocking woman. Soojung saw her not so happy face and tried to stop. She remembered she wanted to do something with the older girl and grabbed her wrist. Amber looked at her curious.

 

‘’Follow me’’ Soojung whispered

 

The older one nodded and Soojung lead the way downstairs. After walking a little, they arrived to the kitchen. Soojung signaled her to sit while she went to search for something.  Amber leaned on the table. What would she want at 11:30?

 

She heard Soojung back on the kitchen placing something on the table. She lifted her gaze.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Beer?’’

‘’Yup. Drink with me’’

 

Soojung placed a personal bottle in front of her and took another for her. Amber hasn’t still processed the situation. The younger woman already opened her bottle and was drinking like some thirsty….man…..

 

‘’Is there something in my face? Drink, stupid! Don’t make my beer go to waste!’’

 

Amber nodded and took a sip of it. She wasn’t really fond of it but she thought Soojung had a reason to do it. Maybe…

Soojung notice her discomfort and decided that it was better to explain. She wasn’t a drunken woman or anything like that…

 

‘’If you don’t want, don’t do it’’

‘’No, it’s okay’’

 

She took a big breathe. It was difficult for her to express her thoughts. She looked at Amber. Maybe with her…

 

‘’That jerk made me wait for 2 hours before appearing.  He didn’t even text me or anything like that to tell me he was going to be late’’

 

Amber realized the reason of her behavior….

 

 

 

She wouldn’t say anything. She would just listen to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes you need more someone to listen to you than to give you advice…

 

 

 

‘’When he show up, he came with his long lost best friend. You know…it was really uncomfortable. They kept talking about their stuff and I felt like a third wheel.  At least, his friend tried to include me in their conversation, but I didn’t get what they were talking about.  I kept glaring at him but he was so distracted that he didn’t care’’

 

 

Amber wanted to giggled…

 

 

 

 

 

 

...A  person immune to her glares?

 

 

 

 

Even when she was little and glared, she scared the hell out of her and of some of her friends too.

 

‘’After a while, his friend noticed and I managed to scare him. But when he was gone, all the conversation died. He didn’t even ask me about my flight or my family’’

 

 

Soojung felt a lot better after telling the llama about her day. Amber listened at her with attention like what she was telling was the most important thing in the world.  She took another sip of her beer and the llama spoke.

 

‘’How long are you with him?’’

 

The younger woman crunched her eyebrows. She didn’t exact remember to be honest.

 

‘’One year and a half. I think. We started a little before finishing university. We were going to break up, but we got an offer here in different companies and we decided that we will continue here’’

 

Amber took another sip of her bottle. Soojung was already on the third one. She wanted to stop it but she knew that it will only make her mad.  The young girl stopped for a moment and looked at her.

 

‘’What about you?’’ She asked with curiosity

 

 

One hour and a half later…

 

‘’Stupid, give*hic* me another*hic* bottle?’’

 

Amber looked down on the table for the box of bottles. Nothing.

 

‘’There is *hic* any, pri-princess’’

‘’Prin *hic* cress? *hic* you *hic* don’t call me *like*hic*that anymore’’

‘’Rea*hic*lly? I will *hic* call you *hic* princess *hic* again’’

‘’That’s *hic* good. Now *hic* MY BOTTLE!’’

‘’Wait a *hic* moment’’

 

Soojung buffed and the older girl came near to the fridge again and put her hand behind the big machine. She smiled when she touched what she was looking for. She gave Soojung a smirk and showed her treasure.

 

‘’Yuri’s *hic* secret’’

‘’Let’s *hic* open *hic* it!’’

 

 

Half an hour later…

 

The empty soju bottle was forgotten. The alcohol already kicked and Soojung looked at Amber.

 

 

 

She wanted to…

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’All the *hic* single ladies*hic* All the *hic* single ladies*hic* All the *hic* single ladies*hic*’’

 

‘’Go *hic* princess *hic*’’

 

Soojung got bolder and took the bottle as a microphone. She just repeated the chorus because she didn’t remember the rest of the lyrics. Not that her companion noticed that anyway. She placed the bottle in front of Amber.

 

‘’Your *hic* turn’’

‘’Me? *hic* well…’’

 

 

She didn’t remember either the song so…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Y-M-C-A…*hic* just  go to *hic*the y-m-c-a’’

 

Amber began moving in a funny way making Soojung laugh really hard. After a while, she hit her lightly on her arm making her stop.

 

‘’That’s *hic* so old’’

‘’Old *hic* is *hic* good’’

‘’Rea *hic*lly?’’

 

Soojung didn’t give her time to answer. The young woman stood up and came near her.  She sat down on her lap. The closeness didn’t make awkward the situation.  It just felt… natural. Amber secured her by hugging her waist while Soojung placed her arms around her neck.

 

‘’How *hic* good?’’

 

The question made Amber froze. She saw Soojung leaning closer to a place she shouldn’t but at the same time she couldn’t move her body to stop the girl from coming too near.  Soojung smirked when she noticed the red face of the woman in front.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just a few inches more…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At this point, she didn’t know if this was the alcohol’s fault  or…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’What are you doing?*yawns* It’s late’’    

 

 

 

Soojung and Amber froze. Se Ri looked at them and yawned. She went to the frigde and took out the milk box. She opened and drank it from the peak. Her mothers weren’t here to tell her to not do that. After she finished, she closed the door and went back to her room.

 

The duo looked at Se Ri and after she left, at each other and then at their position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung felt her face hot. She didn’t want to face the girl below.

 

 

 

 

Amber too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Princess…eh…let’s go to sleep’’

 

 

She didn’t know how she managed to talk without the hic but she saw Soojung nodding.

 

 

 

Se Ri had just tucked in bed after a sip of milk. She wondered why her aunt Soojung was on Amber’s lap…

 

 

 

 

Anyway…

 

 

 

 

 

She had had caught her moms in a similar positions countless of times so maybe…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…it was some kind of game

 

 

 

 

 

She will ask Amber to teach it to her then. For the mean time, she wanted to sleep. But the sudden noise of her door opening didn’t let her.

 

 

 

 

 

She turned to see who it was.

 

 

 

 

 

Her aunt and the stupid were at the door with arms opened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘’SE RI! WE LOVE YOU!’’

 

 

 

 

They came closer, sat next to each side of her and hugged her.

 

 

 

 

 

Ugh…

 

 

 

 

Se Ri wanted to kick them off but the sound of their snores in her ear told her that they were already slept.

 

 

 

 

Double ugh…

 

 

 

 

 

‘’Sometimes  family love ’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

The little girl thought and with that, she tried to fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi?

 

Sorry for not updating. I have a good excuse xD

 

I had an accident and had just 8 fingers left so I couldn't really write with the keyboard. Using one hand is just uncomfortable

-______________- But I'm better now so because I got like 30 comments and f(x) comeback in near...double update! :D