Chapter Twenty Eight

When You Were Mine

It was around eight in the morning. A small but luxurious black car pulled into the driveway of the mansion. The chauffeur stepped out first and held the door open for the couple.

 

The man was very tall and looked very young. His brown hair was spiked into a slight fohawk and complimented his fierce eyes. He didn’t even have many wrinkles as his skin was an light tan. He wore a black suit with a red tie that made his outfit look very simple yet bold.

 

The woman was also very tall and young-looking. Her hair was very straight and such a light brown that it almost looked orange but matched very well with her hazel colored eyes. Her skin was absolutely flawless and very fair. She wore a white blouse, black blazer, a black skirt that went to her knees, and a pair of black high heels.

 

"Soohyun." The woman spoke into the speaker.

 

There was light mumbling and groaning. Then a loud gasp. Then the loud pounding of feet. Then a loud bang. Then a painful scream. Then the gate swung open so quickly that the couple almost got knocked over by the wind.

 

"OH MY GOD!" Soohyun nearly fainted when he saw the young couple. They rolled their eyes at him but laughed, "Merry Christmas to you, too..."

 

"And nice pajamas." The woman raised a brow as she eyed him up and down.

 

Soohyun blinked at them and looked down. He wore red pajamas that had brown teddy bears all over them. His eyes went wide as he gasped and hugged himself, as if it would help cover the fact he wore teddy bear pajamas.

 

"What’s all the screaming about?" Aeyoung grumpily marched out of the doorway, blinked at the broken pot of flowers, and walked over to the gate.

 

She rubbed her eyes and screamed when she saw the young couple. She slapped her cheeks, but the young couple were still there. She looked at Soohyun, and he looked just as shocked.

 

"...Matching pajamas?" The man chuckled at Soohyun and Aeyoung.

 

Soohyun and Aeyoung both blinked at him and then at each other. Soohyun went as red as tomato. His cheeks heated up hot enough to melt the snow. Aeyoung cleared as tints of pink showed on her cheeks, "It was a 2-for-1 special…"

 

"Did you two get married yet?" The man suddenly asked. Soohyun gaped at him, "W-What?! W-Why would you ask that?!"

 

"So you two didn’t get married yet?" The woman blinked at them. Aeyoung become flustered, "N-No! We’re not even dating!"

 

"Oh… That’s a shame…" The woman turned and stuck her tongue out at her husband, "You owe me a trip to Paris!!" The man pouted and pointed accusingly at Soohyun, "Why didn’t you propose? Now I owe her a trip to Paris!"

 

"Y-You guys made a bet about us?" Aeyoung’s mouth fell open. The woman nodded proudly before she went on and on about how she's always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower. The man rolled his eyes at his rambling wife before he turned and frowned at Soohyun, "And we’re paying for it with your paycheck." Soohyun’s face fell, and he opened his mouth to protest.

 

"I’m kidding. Take a joke. Women like men who know how to take a joke." The man patted Soohyun's shoulders and winked at Aeyoung.

 

Soohyun stood in shock, his eyes wide and his mouth open. Aeyoung was so shocked by the man's bold actions that she choked on her own saliva.

 

The young couple giggled and hi-fived each other as they entered the mansion. The maids and butlers didn’t scream like Aeyoung and Soohyun, but they gasped very loudly and dramatically.

 

"Does nobody know how to say ‘Merry Christmas’?" The young couple pouted at the awkward silence that followed. "M-Me-Merry Ch-Christmas!" The maids and butlers all blurted and bowed to them. "That’s more like it!" The man winked at them before he and his wife headed up the stairs.

 

Soohyun, Aeyoung, and Jaehwa all followed the couple up the stairs. The rest of the maids and butlers started to clean again as the chefs scrambled off to prepare breakfast for the couple.

 

The man twisted the doorknob of one room and opened the door very quietly and slowly. They both entered. Soohyun, Aeyoung, and Jaehwa all entered behind them.

 

They all slowly crept around the bed. The man and woman both shook their heads and clucked their tongues at the Super Junior blankets, pillows, posters, and stickers. They cupped their mouths and cleared their throats, ready to scream.

 

"Wait!" Jaehwa blurted loudly. The couple stopped and blinked in confusion.

 

"Is that…?" Aeyoung covered and gasped when she noticed there were two figures in the bed.

 

"What?" The man and woman looked onto the bed.

 

Underneath the Super Junior blanket, they could see one petite figure curled on her side. Beside her was a taller and manlier figure that had his arms wrapped around her. Although only the top of their heads showed, it could be seen that their foreheads were leaned on each other and their noses were brushed against each other.

 

The woman accidentally gasped really loudly, too surprised by the intimate cuddle scene. They all stared at the bed, wide-eyed.

 

The taller, manlier figure that lied underneath the blanket stirred around as he groaned. Eventually, he released the girl's waist and sat up. His hair was absolutely messy but absolutely adorable. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He blinked at the people, who blinked back. He rubbed his eyes again, to double-check whether he was imagining it or not.

 

"OHHHH, !" He gasped and accidentally rolled off the bed when he realized there were seriously real people there.

 

His forearms rested on the edge of the bed as he sat on the ground and rubbed his eyes, to triple-check. He recognized Soohyun, Aeyoung, and Jaehwa. However, he did not recognize the other two people. But he did know that those two people definitely did not look so happy.

 

"Huh?" The petite girl slowly sat up and looked around, confused, as her hair was also an absolute mess.

 

She lightly rubbed her swollen eyes as her vision fixed onto the people by the bed. fell open. Unable to believe it, she rubbed her swollen eyes again and slapped her tear-stained cheeks. The people didn’t disappear, like she thought they would.

 

"UMMA! APPA!" Minji squealed in shock. Woohyun’s eyes went wide as he stared at the young couple. "U-Umma? A-Appa?" The couple nodded, frowns painted on their beautiful faces.

 

Woohyun gaped at them, for a few seconds, before he face-palmed himself. *This is such a bad first impression...*