Final Chapter

When You Were Mine

“Wahhh! Wahhhhh! Wahhhhh!”

 

“…Minnie, it’s your turn…” Minji’s husband mumbled sleepily as he poked her side. She groaned and buried her face into the pillow, “You go.” He pouted, “I went, two hours ago!”

 

“I gave birth!”

 

“…………Fine.” He pouted and groggily walked into the baby’s room, “Yah… Miyeon-ah, why are you crying?” He pouted grumpily and picked the baby up. Miyeon stopped and stared at him before she giggled and poked his nose.

 

He quickly changed her diaper and washed his hands. He then softly sang her a song until she fell asleep and kissed her temple before he went back into his room.

 

“You won’t be able to guilt trip me, next time!” He huffed and fell onto the bed. Minji giggled and rolled onto her stomach, “That’s what you said the last six times.”

 

“…Shut up.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was around the late afternoon. Minji had gone out to buy some groceries, while her husband and nine-week-old daughter stayed at home.

 

Outside the supermarket, she saw a kid walk by, and he wore a Death Note t-shirt. *Myungsoo.*

 

Every time she saw something Death Note-related, she would always think about her ex-ex-boyfriend who had passed away five years ago. It had been so long since then, but she still remembered the day, as if it were yesterday, and she will continue to remember it for the rest of her life because he will forever be apart of her that she'll never forget. *Are you doing well?* She pouted and looked up at the sky.

 

A short wind passed by and made her smile before she got into a cab and left to her house. When she arrived, she paid the driver and went into the house.

 

“Hyuna!” She gasped in surprise and dropped the bags. Hyuna looked over at her and smiled, “ANNNYYYEEEEOOONNNGGG!” She greeted happily and hugged her tightly.

 

“W-What are you doing here?!” Minji hugged her back. Hyuna giggled, “I was just-“

 

“Ahem, I’m here, too, you know?” Hoya cleared his throat. Hyuna rolled her eyes. “We were just in the neighborhood, visiting my parents, and decided to drop by!”

 

“Hoya Oppa!” Minji grinned and hugged him tightly. He smiled and hugged her back, “I haven’t seen you since you gave birth! You still haven’t lost any of that baby weight!”

 

“YAH!” Minji pushed him away. He chuckled, “I’m kidding!”

 

“It’s not nice to kid about a woman’s appearance, especially after childbirth!” Hyuna shoved his face aside. She cleared , “Excuse my rude husband. He can be an , at times.” She rolled her eyes at him.

 

“I love you, too.” Hoya made a face and sat back down.

 

After Hyuna became pregnant, their parents forced the both of them to get married. At first, of course, it was only for the sake of the baby. Eventually, after a year or so, they actually developed genuine feelings for each other. Now, they even have their second child on the way.

 

“Minnie!”

 

Minji turned her attention to her husband, who seemed to be having some trouble with the baby. She chuckled, “I got her.” She scooped the baby into her arms and walked into the baby room.

 

“I’ll help!” Hyuna giggled and ran into the room, “Wow!” She gasped, “You two have an awesome nursery!”

 

“Thanks.” Minji beamed proudly, “He built it.” Hyuna stared at her in disbelief. “Seriously?”

 

“Yup.” Minji giggled and started to change Miyeon’s diaper. Hyuna put a hand on her slightly enlarged belly. “Stupid Hoya… He hired some workers to build ours.” She made a face, “That lazy butthole.” Minji laughed, and Hyuna followed.

 

Miyeon blinked at the both of them before she, too, started to giggle.

 

After Miyeon had fallen asleep for her daily nap, the two women headed out the nursey, only to find the house completely empty.

 

“Where’d they go?” Minji blinked.

 

As soon as she had said that, she heard the roaring laughter of men come from outside. Minji and Hyuna both blinked at each other before they went outside. Minji gasped and covered .

 

The seven men all stopped and looked over.

 

“Min Min Noona!!!” Sungjong squealed and hugged her. She gawked at him, “Wh-What are you all doing here?!” The rest of Infinite all gave her big hugs and wet kisses on the cheeks, which earned some fake coughs from her jealous husband.

 

Infinite and Minji hadn’t seen each other since her wedding, over a year ago. The only reason she kept in contact with Hoya was because she and Hyuna practically became BFFs.

 

Now there was only one other person who hadn’t hugged her, besides her husband.

 

“Woohyun.” Minji smiled softly at him. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he laughed, “Hey…” She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck. Surprised, he blinked rapidly and repeatedly before he smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

The rest of them all headed inside to let Woohyun and Minji have some 'alone time.'

 

Minji pulled away from the hug, first, and they both stood quietly.

 

Soon after L’s death and graduation, Woohyun had gone to university abroad. As much as they tried to make it work… they couldn’t. Eventually, after a few months, that led to the big split. They hadn’t seen each other or even talked to each other since.

 

“Soooo…” Woohyun cleared his throat and scratched his head, “……how’s lifeeeee?”

 

“Good.” She chuckled and rubbed her arm. He nodded and looked around at her large house. “I could tell.” She nodded back and awkwardly looked around, too.

 

“Soooo…… you got married.” Woohyun pointed out the obvious. Minji laughed, “A year ago.”

 

“And you didn’t invite me.” He frowned. She pouted, “I wanted to!”

 

“Sureeee you did.” He rolled his eyes and huffed. She pouted again but suddenly raised a brow, “Actually! If I remember correctly-“

 

“Which I doubt you do.” He snorted. She faked a cough and continued, “-I sent the invitation to your secretary, who said you were at a meeting in Japan.”

 

“Excuses.” He gave her ‘the hand’ and huffed at her before he walked into her house. She made a face at the ground and smiled before she walked in after him.

 

“Oh, I never got to introduce myself.” Minji’s husband smiled and held his hand out to Woohyun, “I’m Jiho.” Woohyun smiled back and shook his head, “Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.” Minji chuckled, “You still introduce yourself the same way.”

 

“Shut up.” He grinned and pulled his hand away.

 

“I’ll go prepare drinks.” Minji made a face at her ex-boyfriend before she walked into the kitchen. Jiho chuckled, “I’ll help!” He went after his wife.

 

Woohyun slightly flinched as he watched the married couple interact sweetly before they entered the kitchen. He shook his head a bit and sat down.

 

“Did you get married, Hyung?” Sungjong suddenly asked. Woohyun smiled sheepishly, “No… How about you guys?”

 

“Yup.” They all nodded. Woohyun’s face fell, “And none of you invited me?”

 

“I tried, dude!” Dongwoo chuckled, “You were at some ‘important’ meeting in China.”

 

“It wasn’t my fault that stupid old man couldn’t fly out to Seoul!” Woohyun pouted.

 

He still couldn’t believe they were now all married, even the maknae! Actually, he could believe Sunggyu was married, since Sunggyu had fallen in love and married with Jihyun, despite how she was three years older. So, yup, they were brother-in-laws.

 

“Do you at least have a girlfriend?” Hoya questioned. Woohyun felt his shoulders deflate.

 

It when all your friends are married and you’re the only one who’s forever alone. Poor Woohyunnie :(

 

“Don’t tell me…” Dongwoo raised a brow, “…you’re still… in love with Minji?” Woohyun chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, “Oh, geez. Was it that obvious?”

 

“Dude! Seriously?” Hyuna gaped at him, “It’s been, what, FIVE years since you two split?”

 

The memory made his heart clench and stomach turn. The pain rushed over him like a wave, all over again. Though the break-up was five years ago, he could still remember word-for-word how it went, how much pain he felt, and how many tears he spilled. It was still fresh in his mind, like it was just yesterday.

 

He dated a few women over the years, but none of them could even compare to Minji. To him, she was on a level beyond what any other girl was. To him, she was far beyond perfection. He's tried hard to move on but couldn't. There was no other girl that made him feel the way Minji made him feel. Not even one.

 

“Dude…” Infinite and Hyuna gave him sympathetic looks. He smiled, “I’m fine, honestly.” He waved it off coolly.

 

“Do you regret it?” Hyuna asked, “Leaving her to study abroad?” Woohyun was silent for a few minutes. Before he could reply, a loud shatter was heard from the kitchen.

 

Worried, they all stood up and hurried over to the kitchen.

 

“Ahehehee…” Minji giggled and scratched her head as she stared at the broken cup, “My bad…” Woohyun smiled. *Same old Minji…* He shook his head and laughed lightly.

 

“Aigoo.” Jiho thumped her forehead, and she made a face at him, “It’s okay, guys.” Minji looked at their friends, “We’ll be fine.” She smiled sheepishly. Infinite and Hyuna chuckled and shook their heads before they walked back to the living room.

 

Woohyun practically tuned out everything she said. He could only see her, that twinkle in her eyes, that smile on her face, and he couldn't stop the tears that formed in his eyes.

 

That was the way she used to smile at him.

 

“I’ll clean this up.” Jiho shoved Minji out the kitchen. “You go… do something that doesn’t involve glass!” He joked, “Or sharp objects! Or… anything that could be used to harm either yourself or another human being.”

 

“Meanie.” She made a face at him before she laughed and turned to Woohyun, “Oh.” She blinked, Are you okay?” Woohyun blinked the tears away before she could see and slapped on the fakest smile he could, ”Yeah, I'm fine.”

 

Are you sure?” She worriedly placed a hand on his forehead, in case he had a fever. He didn't have one, but after she touched him, he felt his cheeks start to burn a bright red and heart start to speed up. Um. Yeah.” He awkwardly stepped back.

 

She stared at him in surprise. She wondered why he was so awkward around her. *Could it be that... he still likes me?* She cocked her head again but laughed to herself. *No.* She shook her head. *It's been five years. He definitely would have moved on already.*

 

So you have a daughter?” Woohyun asked as happily as possible but it came out bitterly. She smiled at him, Yeah, she's only a few weeks.” He nodded solemnly, that fake smile still on his face, ...Can I see her?”

 

“Of course!” She beamed as she grabbed his hand and walked him towards the nursery.

 

He missed the feeling of her soft skin, the sound of her laughter, the sight of her smile, the way he felt sparks whenever she even just looked at him, the way his heart beated so crazily for her. God. He missed her. He missed her so much.

 

“Look!” Minji held up a laughing Miyeon. Woohyun smiled, “She's cute.” *Just like her mother.*

 

“Just like her mother!” Minji self-praised and nuzzled her nose against her daughter’s cheek.

 

“Aigoo.” Woohyun chuckled, and Minji giggled at him, “Here! You wanna hold her?”

 

“Um. Sure?” He took the baby girl into his hands and held her at eye-level. She stared at the stranger before her before she burst into giggles and clapped her hands.

 

“Say ‘hi’ to Woohyun Ahjussi!” Minji giggled again. He gawked at her, “Ahjussi?! It’s ‘Oppa’!” He looked at the baby. “It’s Woohyun Oppa, not Woohyun Ahjussi. Remember that, okay?”

 

“Ahaha!” Miyeon giggled and nodded eagerly, despite how she didn’t understand a word he said. She was probably thinking what all other girls thought: ‘damn, this guy is cute’!

 

“Drinks are ready!” Jiho hollered from outside. Woohyun carefully set the baby girl down in her crib, and he left the nursery with Minji.

 

Everyone all chatted happily together and discussed their lives and jobs and bleh. Hoya had Hyuna in his arms, and Jiho had Minji in his. Woohyun basically zoned out, his attention only on the love of his life, who was absolutely oblivious to the fact he still held feelings for her.

 

*I don’t regret it…* Woohyun smiled and looked down at his feet. He watched as a small teardrop hit the tip of his sneakers.

 

*…because she’s happy.*

 

 


 

Well, guys! That's the end! >.< Finally. Geez. //sigh of relief// Lololol. But it was really heart-breaking to check that 'mark story complete' button :( I still can't believe I gathered over 150 AMAZING subscribers on just my first fanfic //ugly crying//

I honestly don't know how you guys managed to read this crappy fanfic (seriously, I would have given up halfway on this horribly slow fanfic) O_o Either way, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I would post awesome gifs but I'm so lazy right now. I really wouldn't have been able to do it without your guys' support. I love you guys!! <33333