Chapter Forty Three

When You Were Mine

"What’s wrong?" L asked worriedly. She finally blinked and looked at him, "Huh? Nothing." She faked a smile before she scurried off the dance floor. He blinked at her but followed her.

 

When Minji walked off the dance floor, Woohyun finally snapped out of it. "Minji! Wait!" He gently pushed Eunmi back and turned to run.

 

Eunmi frowned. *Who gives a damn about that ?!* She screamed lightly as she ‘fell’ on the floor.

 

Woohyun was about to run, until he heard Eunmi scream. He turned back to her and saw her on the floor. He gaped at her a bit. *I didn’t push her hard enough to make her fall… did I?* Nonetheless, he guiltily held his hand out to her.

 

She bit her lip and held her head low when he held his hand out. Now that he couldn’t see her face, she smirked. She then bit her lip and looked up, with tears on the rims of her eyes.

 

"Mianhae… I… I didn’t mean to…" Woohyun felt even more guilty when he saw her face. She sniffled and rubbed her eyes, "…Ani… I know you didn’t mean to… It’s fine… Just go…" She bit her lip and lowered her head again.

 

Woohyun frowned as he slowly retracted his hand. He knew it wasn’t right to just leave her, but she told him to, and he needed to go find the 'love of his life.'

 

Eunmi frowned as her head stayed low. *Is he really going to leave?!* She wobbled back up and yelped as she purposely fell into his arms.

 

"M-Mianhae…" She gasped as her hands gripped his elbows, "I-It’s just that my ankle is still sprained and… you just pushed me and…" She was totally using the guilt-trip on him, and it was totally working.

 

"Here… I’ll help you to the infirmary." He guiltily offered. She shook her head but smiled, "Ani… I think I’ll just walk home…" She limped off.

 

"Walk? Call your driver." Woohyun slid an arm around her waist, to help her walk. She looked at him and smiled as she lied, "I don’t have a driver."

 

"I’ll call a taxi-"

 

"I didn’t bring my wallet, so I don’t have any money…"

 

"I’ll pay. It’s the least I could do." He smiled softly but bit his lip as he looked around. She smiled at him and nodded as they both walked out the academy.

 

Woohyun called a taxi over and opened the door for her. She got inside. Just before he could close the door, she grabbed his wrist.

 

"Oppa… About the kiss…" Eunmi bit her lip. Woohyun stiffened a bit. *That was my first kiss…* "I-It’s fine. Don’t worry about it." He handed some money to the driver before he closed the door and watched the taxi leave.

 

*That was my first kiss…* He pouted and felt his cheeks turn hot and red. *I was hoping it’d be with Minji…* He sighed. Then his eyes went wide. *Minji!* He looked around and saw L and Minji leave on his motorcycle.

 

"Minji! Wait!" He ran after the motorcycle. She heard him but didn’t look back as she gripped L’s waist.

 

L, who was completely unaware of Woohyun’s kiss with Eunmi and why Minji was so upset and why Woohyun chased them, was seriously confused. Like… seriously confused.

 

"Thank you… for taking me home…" Minji tried to smile but couldn’t as the image of Eunmi’s, the girl who used to bully her non-stop, and Woohyun’s, her best friend that she’s in love with, kiss flashed through her mind.

 

"Are you really okay?" L asked worriedly as he also got off. She forced the fakest of all smiles as she waved bye and turned around to face the gates. As soon as she turned around, L grabbed her arm, turned her back around, and kissed her forehead. Her eyes went wide in shock, but she didn’t say anything.

 

"Good night." He whispered and smiled before he put his helmet on and left on his motorcycle. Minji blinked, a few seconds after he left. *Did that really just happen?* She touched her forehead.

 

Usually, whenever he would kiss her, she would start to spazz and fan-girl. Right now, though, she felt no sparks, no happiness, no joy. She felt… nothing. *I guess I really am over L…*

 

She finally snapped out of her gaze and turned back towards her gate. She rang the bell, waited for the gates to open, and went inside.

 

"Agassi? Why are you back so early?" Soohyun blinked as he checked his watch. "Agassi, when I said to be back by 10PM, I really didn’t mean it." He blinked again when he saw the time was just a little over 10PM.

 

"Oh… I just… yeah…" Minji sighed as she took a cookie from the plate and bit into it.

 

"Where’s Woohyun?" Jaehwa asked curiously after she gulped down some milk. Minji pouted at the heart-breaking subject, "I don’t know!" She suddenly snapped and stuffed numerous cookies into , until her cheeks were filled to the max.

 

"Agassi…" Soohyun blinked in surprise of her loud tone, "…Did something hap-" He was interrupted by the bell. They all went over to the door and looked at the screen.

 

"Open the-"

 

"No!" Minji interrupted Soohyun. Soohyun blinked at her again, "…But it’s Woohyun. Shouldn’t we open the gate?"

 

"No! No, we shouldn’t open the gate. If the gate gets opened, I will fire you!" Minji stuffed a cookie into his mouth and walked off. Soohyun was bewildered by her actions but chewed the cookie willingly.

 

"Yeah… How does it feel to have your job threatened?" Aeyoung frowned as she , "Not good at all, huh?" She stuck her tongue out at him, and he slapped the back of her head.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Agassi." Soohyun knocked on her door. Minji opened it and blinked, "Yes?"

 

"…Woohyun’s still out there." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Her eyes widened. "What?! Really?!" She looked at her clock and saw it was already almost 11, which means he’s been out there for almost an hour.

 

"Should I… open the gate?" Soohyun asked unsurely. Minji bit her lip and leaned her head on the door, "…I’ll open it…" She finally sighed.

 

She grabbed a jacket and headed out to the gates. She opened the gate, went through it, and closed the gate again. She sniffled as she rubbed her arms, "What are you still doing here?"

 

"I-"

 

"Actually, just go home. It’s late." Minji mumbled and turned to go back inside, but he turned her back to face him.

 

"Why are you mad at me?" Woohyun frowned and stuffed his hands into his pockets. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and stared at the ground as she kicked her heels on the ground. "I’m not…" Minji mumbled.

 

"…I have told you you were a bad liar, right?" He joked lightly, but she only continued to stare and kick at the ground.

 

"Is it because I left you alone when I went to hang out with the guys?" Woohyun looked down at her, and she shook her head.

 

"Is it because I hung out with them for too long?" He asked again, and she shook her head again.

 

"…Then… why are you mad?" He frowned at her when she didn’t reply, "……Is it because Eunmi kissed me?" Minji hesitated for a few seconds before she shook her head.

 

"It is… isn’t it?" He raised a brow in amusement. *Is she…… jealous?* Minji pouted, embarrassed that he guessed it right, "I have to go to sleep. We have school."

 

"Today’s Friday, smart one." Woohyun lightly thumped the top of her head.

 

Minji made a face at the ground before she turned to face the gates. She took one hand out of her pockets and twisted the handle of the gate.

 

"Do you like me?"