Chapter Four

When You Were Mine

"I have to go home!" Minji blurted, with tears in her eyes, before she ran down the stairs.

 
L watched her run off but didn't bother to run after her. He only shrugged. Because he knew it'd be easy to gain her forgiveness, he didn't want to run after her when he had two hot girls with him.
 
"Aren't you going after her?!" Woohyun glared at him. L shrugged again. "I'll just apologize, at school, tomorrow." He yawned as he threw an arm around his girls.
 
"What? You-! She-! Argh!" Woohyun clenched his jaw before he ran after Minji.
 
*I hate bastards like that.* He ran out the club and looked around. He caught her wrist, just before she got into a taxi.
 
"Who are you?! Stop following me!" Minji snapped. He blinked at her and let go of her wrist. She sniffled and rubbed her tearful eyes, "M-Mianhaeyo..." She felt guilty, since she's never raised her voice at anyone before.
 
"It's fine." He smiled softly.
 
It hurt him to see Minji hurt, but he didn't know why. I mean, he doesn't even know the girl, yet he's so attatched to her?
 
"Do you want to talk about it?" He offered. He didn't even know why he wanted her to find comfort in him. He just didn't want her to leave.
 
"Errr... I... don't talk to strangers." She mumbled and left in the taxi. He watched the taxi disappear around the corner. *Strangers... Right... I almost forgot.* He chuckled at himself before he also headed home.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Minji sighed as she touched her swollen eyes. She had cried the whole night. She even cried herself to sleep. She really didn't want to go to school. More specifically, she really didn't want to see L. But she had to go. She wasn't going to let him ruin her perfect attendence record.
 
"Have a good day at school, Agassi." Mr. Choi, her chauffeur, smiled when they arrived at the gates. She stepped out and forced a smile back, "Thank you. Have a good day as well, Ahjussi." She closed the door and watched him drive off.
 
*Since he ditches very often, he won't be here... right?* She sniffled. Her eyes began to sting as she recalled last night. She slapped her cheeks. *It's not time to think about this! There's a test in math! You have to do well! Fighting!* She puffed her cheeks and pumped her fists before she skipped into the school.
 
"Minji."
 
She skidded to a stop. *The one day... The one day that I actually want him to ditch... he doesn't...* She bit her lip.
 
"Hey." He smiled at her. She felt tears form again. *How could he do that and still smile at me, like nothing happened?* She lowered her head, unable to look him in the eyes, because she felt herself melt under his loving gaze.
 
"Babe..." He whispered softly as he put a finger on her chin and raised her head for her to look at him. She looked him in the eyes, flinched, and looked away. She blinked rapidly, in order to get rid of the forming tears.
 
"I'm really sorry... I... I was drunk... I don't even know... I'm so sorry... I..." His voice cracked.
 
Minji's heart began to clench even more, at the sound of his voice crack. She told herself not to look at him, but her eyes wouldn't obey. Her heart broke when she saw tears in his eyes and down his cheeks.
 
"I'm so sorry... I love you so much... I do... I really do..." He cupped her cheek and softly grazed it. She felt her bottom lip tremble.
 
It hurt her to see him like this. Even if he was the one who hurt her, she still loved him. I mean, you can't move on from someone in only one night.
 
"Please... Please give me... one more chance... I won't mess it up..." He pleaded and wrapped his arms around her neck as he pulled her in for a hug. Minji's cheek rested on his shoulder as she stared at the wall.
 
Her heart melted. It felt amazing to have his body close to hers. It felt amazing that he would cry for her. It felt amazing that he loved her so much.
 
L rolled his eyes and gagged as he embraced her. *Is she going to say something or what? Geez. I'm supposed to meet Eunmi in the janitor's closet right now.* He glanced at the clock and rolled his eyes again as he waited for her response.
 
"Helloooo~!!!!"
 
Minji and L both pulled away and blinked at the person, who waved happily and smiled brightly.
 
"Woohyun?" L blinked at him. He nodded and smiled, "You remember my name! That's awesome!"
 
"Wh-What are you doing here?" L blinked at him again. Woohyun glanced at Minji and smiled, "I'm a new student here~! I hope I'll see you two often!" *Very often. Especially you, Minji.* Woohyun thought to himself.
 
"Y-You're a high schooler?" L both raised a brow. Minji brightened immediately.
 
She loved whenever they got new students. She loved to give the new students tours. She loved to befriend the new students, especially because everyone now hated her because she was with L, so she had no friends at all. New students were the only people she had a chance of being friends with.
 
Minji and L had expected him to be an adult, though, since he was at the club. Then again, they were teens themselves and were also at the club. This says one thing and one thing only... Inspirit needs better bouncers to stop so many teens from going in.
 
"Yup~Minji! Would you like to show me to my first class? This academy is REAAAALLLYYYY big!" Woohyun complained cutely as he spread his arms widely, to show how big the academy was. She giggled lightly, "Of course~Let me see your schedule!" She held her hand out. He beamed at her and handed his schedule to her, "You're the bestest, Minji!" They both laughed and skipped off.
 
L stood there, with his mouth open in shock. *Did I just get ditched?* He shrugged it off and headed to the janitor's closet.
 
"Kyaaaa~You have this class, too?" She smiled when they arrived in front of a classroom. He gazed lovingly at her. "We have the same class? That's awesome..." He laughed.
 
He was happy to know that Infinite and Minji also went here. Scratch that. He was only happy to know that Minji went here, that she had the same class as him.
 
"That's awesome." L mimicked Woohyun's tone as he shoved past him and dragged Minji into the classroom.
 
He had to cut his make-out session with Eunmi short and was quite grumpy about it. He didn't even know why he ditched Eunmi just to come to class. I mean, since when has the L ever wanted to go to class?
 
Woohyun frowned at her awkwardness. He could tell she was still hurt. Who wouldn't be hurt if they saw their boyfriend come out a hotel room with two girls? *He doesn't deserve her forgiveness.* Woohyun grinned and ran between them.
 
L clenched his jaw when Woohyun bumped him into the teacher's desk. *This guy... I'm gonna kill him...*
 
"Minji-ah! Where's your seat? I want to sit next to you!" Woohyun threw an arm around her neck, which made L's eyes grow wide in anger. She blinked at him but smiled, "...What was your name, again?"
 
Woohyun's smile faded. *L said my name a few minutes ago, yet she doesn't remember?* Woohyun shot L, who snickered, a hard glare, which L gladly returned. They glared at each other for so long that the tension was thick enough to be sliced with a knife. No. It was so thick that the knife would literally get stuck trying to cut it.
 
"Errrr... Your name?" Minji asked awkwardly, to break up the glaring contest. Woohyun snapped his head to her and smiled brightly, "Woohyun. Nam Woohyun."
 
He frowned at L, who mimicked him. *How is this guy a gangster? He's so childish.* Woohyun rolled his eyes and ignored L.
 
"Annyeong, Woohyun! I'm Minji!" She beamed at him. He blinked her, "I... already know your name... I've said it a million times."
 
Minji face-palmed herself. "Right... Sorry... Forgot." She pouted embarrassedly. Woohyun only smiled even wider, "That's cute."
 
"What's cute?" Minji and L both stared at him. Woohyun tapped Minji's nose affectionately and smiled, "It's cute how you have such bad memory."
 
Minji's cheeks and ears turned red. It's not that she liked him or anything or felt happy that he complimented her. It's that she wasn't used to compliments. She never heard them too often, not even from her boyfriend (unless she wore something revealing and tight), so it surprised her to hear someone she's barely just met call her cute.
 
L chuckled. *Cute? More like annoying...* He slid his hands in his pockets and walked off to his seat near the middle of the classroom. He rested his arms on the desk and buried his face in it before he fell asleep.