Chapter Thirty Three

When You Were Mine

"I don't like you." Soyoung blinked at Minji and frowned.

 

"...Eh?" Minji blinked. Woohyun's eyes widened as he slapped his little cousin's head. "Hey! Don't say that!" He scolded her. Soyoung pouted and glared at Minji, "I have the freedom of speech, so I could say whatever I want, and I don't like you!" She stuck her tongue out at Minji. Woohyun gaped at his cousin, "Aigoo! Where do you get this bluntness from?!" Jihyun raised a brow at him, "Um... I don't know... Maybe from her cousin that she loves oh-so much?!"

 

"What? I am not blunt." Woohyun scoffed. His family all gave him a strange look. Woohyun pouted a bit, "I'm just... brutally honest..." He mumbled.

 

"...Okay... I should... go..." Minji blinked again and looked around for her parents as she walked off.

 

"No! Minji! Wait! Don't- Ow!" Woohyun hissed and held his jaw. Minji quickly turned and frowned, "What's wrong?" Woohyun peeked one eye open and shut it as he continued to hiss, "Ahhh... My jaw... Ahh..." His family gaped at his obvious fake pain but didn't say anything.

 

"Uh..." Minji raised a brow at him. Woohyun peeked one eye open but shut it as he hissed again. Minji bit her lip, "Um... I'll... get some medicine?" She offered unsurely as she walked off.

 

She talked to the security guard, and he gave her some medicine. She thanked him and headed back to Woohyun.

 

Woohyun grinned widely when he saw her and sat on the ground, with his legs folded. He patted the spot next to him before he put his hands in his lap. He watched and laughed at the confused look on Minji's face as she sat next to him.

 

Minji carefully applied the medicine on the corner of his lip. She was surprised that Woohyun didn't even flinch. She was scared, though, because the smile on his face wouldn't disappear for even a second.

 

"...Errr... Is there something on my face?" Minji bit her lip when she felt awkward at how intently he gazed at her. Woohyun smiled even wider, which she didn't know was possible, and shook his head cutely.

 

"Errr... Okay..." She looked at his lips as she finished dabbing the corner with medicine.

 

"I never told you but..." Woohyun curled a strand of her bangs behind her ear, and she shivered from his touch. He paused, for dramatic effect, before he continued, "Merry Christmas!" He grinned and flicked her forehead. *And I love you.*

 

"Ow!" Minji pouted as she rubbed her forehead before she flicked his forehead, "Yeah. Merry Christmas."

 

"OOOOPPPPAAAAAAAA!" Soyoung whined and jumped into his lap as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Minji raised a brow, "Cousin, huh?" She stood up and walked away.

 

"She’s just my cousin! Seriously! Minji! Wait!" Woohyun threw the girl off his lap and stumbled after her.

 

"Seriously! You could do a blood test on us!" Woohyun desparately convinced her. Minji looked at him and laughed, "Why are you freaking out so much? I don’t care if she’s your cousin or not."

 

Woohyun frowned a bit. *But I care…* "Well… Just know that she’s not my girlfriend! I’m single! You know? y, free, and single?" He started to dance the chorus part for Super Junior's 'y, Free, and Single', and Minji burst out laughing.

 

"Ahem."

 

They both looked up and jumped a bit, startled.

 

"Appa. Umma. Where were you guys?" Minji asked as her laughter died down. Mrs. Lee smiled as she ate popcorn, "We saw that kid punch Woohyun, so we left to go buy popcorn, but when we came back, the fight was already over." She pouted, upset that she missed the fight.

 

"Was that L?" Mr. Lee suddenly asked. Woohyun frowned a bit but nodded. Mr. Lee stared at him in disbelief and scoffed, "That was L?! You idiot!" Mr. Lee smacked his head. "Why didn’t you beat him up even more?! Aish! You idiot!" He smacked Woohyun’s head again.

 

"W-Well… T-There were lots of scared people and children and… it was really slippery..." Woohyun pouted as he rubbed the back of his head.

 

"Who cares about other people?! What the hell?! He broke my daughter’s heart! You should have broken all his bones! Why didn’t you?! Because it’s ‘too slippery’? That’s a lame excuse!" Mr. Lee smacked Woohyun’s head again. He stopped hitting Woohyun when he noticed that Minji’s eyes were starting to get teary, from the mere mention of L.

 

"Hey! Let’s get some ice cream?" Mrs. Lee suggested as she ate more popcorn.

 

"Yeah! Ice cream! Let’s get ice cream!" Woohyun cheered as he grabbed Minji's hand and dragged her out.

 

"OPPPPPAAA! I WANT ICE CREAM, TOO!" Soyoung bumped Minji to the side and linked her arm with Woohyun. Woohyun gaped at her before he looked at Minji, who had her brows raised.

 

"Minji! She’s just my cous-"

 

"Oh! We’re going to get ice cream? Cool! I want some!" Jihyun ran over, with all the adults behind her.

 

"Yeah… y, free, and single my foot!" Minji huffed at him and marched off. Mr. Lee pointed at Woohyun and laughed at him before he followed his daughter out. Mrs. Lee sighed and shoved the container of popcorn into Woohyun's hands, "You're welcome." She pinched his cheek and ran off.

 

"No! Wait! I-!" Woohyun tried to run after her, but Soyoung held him back. He looked at his cousin and frowned, "…I hate you."

 

"I love you, too, Oppa…" Soyoung giggled as she hi-fived Jihyun, who was cracking up like crazy.