Chapter Thirty Five

When You Were Mine

"Woohyun Hyung!" They all literally jumped into his arms and clung onto his legs.

 

"Aigoo! Did you guys miss me this much?" Woohyun chuckled at the little girl in his arms. They all nodded and went on about exactly how much they missed him.

 

"Hyung! Who’s this?" One pointed at Minji. Woohyun looked at her and smiled softly, "…Someone really special to me, so treat her well, arasso?" He winked at the children. They all giggled and went over and hugged her legs.

 

"Annyeong!"

 

"Noona~~~You’re really pretty!"

 

"Yah! I said treat her well, not flirt with her!" Woohyun snapped at the kids. He blinked at himself. *Oh, geez. I must be going crazy, if I'm getting jealous over five year olds.*

 

"Let’s all go inside! It’s cold!" Woohyun shooed them all, and they squealed and ran inside.

 

"What are we doing here?" Minji laughed. Woohyun felt his eyes blur with tears as he stared at the run-down orphanage but smiled, "It’s cold... Come on..." He grabbed her hand and led her inside.

 

"Woohyun-ah? Is that you?" An ahjumma gasped and hugged him tightly, "How have you been? I haven’t seen you in weeks!"

 

"I’ve been good…" Woohyun sniffled a bit, "And you?" She smiled and nodded as her gaze drifted to Minji, "And who is this beautiful young lady?"

 

"She’s someone who’s RRREEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY special to hyung, so you have to treat her well!" One little boy giggled and ran off to play.

 

"And don’t flirt with her, or hyung will get mad at you!" Another little boy warned the ahjumma and giggled.

 

"Aish! These kids!" Woohyun glared at them but laughed as he chased them around.

 

"A-Annyeonghaseyo! Minji-imnida…" Minji bowed to the ahjumma. The ahjumma looked at her and smiled, "Come on. Why don’t you help me prepare dinner for the kids?" She took Minji’s hand and led her to the kitchen.

 

"Oh… Um… I’m not exactly the best chef, but I’ll try my best…" Minji giggled embarrassedly.

 

As they both began to cook dinner, the ahjumma would tell all these adorable stories of the children. Minji would listen and laugh as she carefully cut the vegetables. She would sometimes look out onto the playroom and laugh at Woohyun, who would pretend to be a dinosaur and chase the kids around.

 

"Does Woohyun come here often?" Minji asked curiously. The ahjumma looked out into the playroom and chuckled when the kids started to chuck toys at Woohyun, "He comes very often."

 

*I wonder why.* Minji tilted her head curiously but didn’t say anymore.

 

After half an hour, the dinner was finally ready. Minji set the table before she called all the children over. They all immediately sat down and dug into their food.

 

"Areh yuh gun eee (Are you gonna eat)?" Woohyun asked Minji, his mouth full of rice and curry. Minji laughed and wiped his mouth, "I’m not hungry…"

 

"Aigoo! Your dad already told me you haven’t eaten all day!" Woohyun shoved a spoonful of rice and curry into , and her eyes widened as he moved her jaw up and down to make her chew.

 

"Oppa! Feed me, too!" Some little girls pouted as they watched Woohyun feed Minji. Woohyun laughed and started to feed them, too.

 

"Noona! Since Woohyun Hyung is busy, I’ll feed you!" A little boy held out a spoonful of rice and curry for Minji. Minji giggled and opened , but Woohyun snatched the spoon and ate the food off it.

 

"Yah! That was for me!" Minji pouted and Woohyun’s arm. Woohyun handed the spoon back to the kid and smiled, "Only I can feed her." He stuck his tongue out at the kid before he held out a spoonful of food to Minji. Minji rolled her eyes and laughed as he put it in .

 

"Hyung! Is she your girlfriend? Is that why you get jealous over five year old kids?" A boy suddenly asked curiously. Woohyun choked on his food, and Minji turned red as she patted his back.

 

"Y-Yah! It’s rude to talk and eat, at the same time!" Woohyun scolded the kid before he drank some water.

 

"I would get jealous, too, if I had a girlfriend as pretty as noona." One little boy giggled and winked at Minji, who was shocked that she just got hit on by a six year old.

 

"Y-Yah! Stop it, you little flirt!" Woohyun flicked his forehead, and all the kids laughed.

 

After a crazy dinner with the dozen little kids, Minji and the ahjumma went into the kitchen and started to wash all the dishes.

 

"I never knew Woohyun was so close with the children here." Minji smiled softly as she soaped some dishes and handed them to the ahjumma.

 

"It’s probably because he used to live here, too, so he feels a close bond with them." The ahjumma also smiled as she washed the dishes. Minji looked at her and blinked, "Woohyun… used to live here?"

 

"He never told you?" The ahjumma blinked at her, "He was an orphan."