Chapter Ten

When You Were Mine

It was finally lunch time. Everyone left the class for lunch, with their friends. L left to go meet up with Infinite. Minji packed her stuff and looked towards Woohyun, the only other person in the class.

 
"Woohyun. Do you want to eat lunch toget-" Her voice trailed into silence when he stood and walked out the class. She furrowed her brows and frowned before she hurried after him.
 
"Are you mad at me?" Minji asked when she caught up. He didn't look at her and only continued to walk. She grabbed his arm, but he shook her off again.
 
"Why are you mad?" She bit her lip and walked next to him.
 
Woohyun felt guilty. He himself didn't know why he was mad. Actually, he wasn't mad. He was... hurt.
 
"Stop here!" Woohyun ordered Mr. Song, his chauffeur, to stop.
 
Once the car came to a stop, Woohyun opened the door. He was about to step out but stopped. His eyes went wide as his mouth fell open.
 
Minji was still there. She was still at the movie theater. And that made him happy. So what was the problem if she was still there? Isn't that a good thing? The problem was was that she wasn't alone.
 
He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. *Why is she with... L? More importantly... why are they kissing?* His heart hurt to see her kiss L. He opened his eyes slowly and saw them still in a deep kiss.
 
He couldn't even feel the pain in his ribs. He couldn't even feel the dizziness in his head. He couldn't even feel the sting from his cuts. He could only feel his heart breaking into 100 million little pieces.
 
Another reason he didn't want her to see him was because of the cuts on his face. He didn't want her to worry or freak about them. He didn't want her to see him hurt. Above all, he didn't want her to know that he got beat up, because that would make him look pathetic. He wanted to make sure the wounds heal before he talked to her again.
 
"What did I do wrong? Please tell me!" Minji pleaded and brought him back to reality, "Please! I'm sorry! Don't ignore me! I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong!" She bit her lip and tugged on his sleeve. He gently shook her off again as he headed into the cafeteria, his eyes closed, because it hurt to see her hurt expression.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"L Oppa!" Minji squealed over the phone. She had called him 19 times in the past 51 minutes and was estatic to hear him finally answer.
 
"What, Babe?" He mumbled with grumpiness in his tone. She giggled, "Did you just wake from a nap?"
 
"Yeah. So what do you want?" He groaned. She pouted, "Oppa... The project for Ms. Yoon is due on Friday."
 
"And?" He rolled his eyes. She shrugged and smiled lightly, "It's Thursday now..."
 
"And?" He snapped. She winced and pouted, with fallen shoulders, "Um. We haven't started it yet..." He let out a deep sigh, "Look, Babe. Do you think you could do it yourself?"
 
"What?" Minji's eyes widened.
 
It was a really huge project that would take at least a few hours if two people worked on it, so how long would it take it if she worked on it alone? Plus, she had homework from other classes to work on.
 
"I'm really busy right now. You understand, don't you?" He chuckled lightly. She bit her lip, "I-"
 
"Of course you understand!" He answered his own question, "Because you're an amazing girlfriend who's really kind and understanding and beautiful and amazing and perfect." His voice trailed off.
 
Minji's cheeks heated up as she giggled, "O-Okay, Oppa..."
 
"Thanks, Babe~I love you." He grinned and hung up before she could say it back.
 
"Who was that, Oppa?" Anna rubbed her eye and yawned as she sat up, with the blanket around her. He put an arm around her neck and smiled, "It was nobody." He kissed her bare shoulder and made her blush.
 
"You're such a liar." Hanna pouted and hit his bare chest playfully. L looked at her and smiled even wider, "I'm not. You and Anna are the only ones for me..." He nuzzled his face into her neck and made her giggle.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Please wait here, Ahjussi." Minji smiled lightly. He nodded before she opened the door and stepped out, with her hands over her head. She closed the door and put her hand over her head again as she ran into the store.
 
"Oof!"
 
She had opened the door and run in so fast that she ran into someone. They both fell onto the ground.
 
"I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to! It was just raining so hard, and I wanted to get in fast, so I didn't look to see that someone was on the other side of the door and-"
 
"Minji?"
 
She took a deep breath, exhausted from her ramble, and looked up.