Chapter Forty One

When You Were Mine

"First, L. Now, Woohyun?"

 

"What a ."

 

"Ew. She’s not even that pretty."

 

Minji bit her lip as she held her head low, embarrassed. Woohyun glared at the girls, and they ran off. He looked at Minji and grabbed her hand. She looked up at him and blinked, but he gave her a soft smile as he led her into the gym.

 

"Oppa! You’re here!" Hyuna squealed and ran over before she bumped Minji aside and linked her arm with Woohyun. Infinite all walked over, too.

 

"What the hell? Don’t touch me." Woohyun gave her a disgusted look as he shook her arm off him.

 

"…Minji." L suddenly spoke, his voice sad. Minji bit her lip but looked at him, "Y-Yes?"

 

"You look beautiful…" L smiled gently, and Infinite all howled with laughter as they also started to compliment her. Minji bit her lip even harder as her cheeks pinked, "T-Thanks…"

 

"Oppa! Dance with me!" Hyuna demanded cutely as she tugged on Woohyun’s other hand. He frowned at her as he put his hand in his pocket, "Not even if my life depended on it."

 

"Oppa!" Hyuna whined and crossed her arms.

 

"Let’s dan-"

 

"Oppa!"

 

Woohyun blinked and turned around, "Oh… Eunmi-ah…" Hyuna also turned and frowned, Ew! It's the ." Eunmi glared at her before she turned to Woohyun and smiled.

 

Minji frowned a bit. *Woohyun’s friends with Eunmi?* She bit her lip as she remembered all the dozens and dozens of times that Eunmi’s slapped her, kicked her, locked her in the restrooms, yanked hard on her hair. In other words, Eunmi and her friends were the one who always bullied her.

 

"Oppa! You look really handsome!" Eunmi smiled at him. He smiled back, "You look really beautiful as well." She blushed as she nervously fidgeted with your fingers, "Are you here alone?"

 

"No." Woohyun stepped aside so that Eunmi would be able to see Minji. Eunmi frowned but quickly smiled again, "Minji-ah! I didn’t think you would come! I love your dress!" *But your face makes me want to puke.*

 

"T-Thanks! I-I like yours, too…" Minji raised a brow. *Why is she nice, all of a sudden?* She looked at Woohyun and frowned. Hyuna raised a brow, "What about my dress?" Eunmi rolled her eyes, "...It's... whatever." Hyuna glared at her, "Yeah? Well, you, too, ."

 

"Excuse me?" Eunmi gasped and put a hand on her heart, offended. Hyuna raised a brow again, "You'r excused. Get your little ty out of here."

 

"Okay! Um!" Hoya and Dongwoo grabbed Hyuna's arms before she could claw Eunmi's face out. "Bye!" Infinite all dragged her away. Eunmi stuck her tongue out at Hyuna before she turned to Woohyun and smiled. Woohyun cleared his throat, "Is your ankle okay?" Woohyun looked down at Eunmi’s ankle.

 

"Yeah! Thanks for worrying! Thanks for yesterday, too…" Eunmi scratched her head embarrassedly. Minji blinked at them, "What happened, yesterday?"

 

"Huh? Oh… Eunmi hurt her ankle, during a game of soccer, so I carried her to the infirmary." Woohyun shrugged. Minji felt saddened, almost hurt, to hear that but smiled, "Oh…"

 

"Eunmi-ah!" Her friends called her over. She smiled at Woohyun as she touched his arm, "Bye, Oppa…" She glanced at Minji and smirked at her hurt expression before she walked off. Woohyun sighed in relief before he turned to Minji, "Let’s dan-"

 

"Woohyun! Dude! Come check this out!" Jinyoung and the other athletes all called him over as they sat around at a table. Woohyun looked at Minji and frowned.

 

"It’s okay… Just go…" Minji encouraged and lightly shoved him in their direction. Woohyun frowned a bit, "I’ll be right back, arasso? Wait here." He ordered before he ran off.

 

He ran over to their table and took a seat by Jinyoung. Jinyoung told him something before they all showed him this video that made him burst into laughter.

 

Minji sighed a bit as she leaned against the wall and waited. Her heart felt heavy when she saw Eunmi walk over to Woohyun and run her fingers along the back of his shoulders. Her heart literally dropped, though, when he didn’t even bother to do anything about it. Instead, he looked at her and smiled before he looked back at the screen and laughed.

 

*What the hell is that doing to my target?!* Hyuna growled and shoved the rest of her cookie into L's mouth before she walked over. She bumped Eunmi aside and linked her arm with Woohyun’s before she rested her head on his shoulder.

 

Eunmi looked at her, and Hyuna stuck her tongue out at her. Eunmi raised her hand to slap Hyuna (which is something I know we all wish would happen), but her friends dragged her away before she could.

 

Woohyun assumed it was just Eunmi that rested her head on his shoulder and didn’t really care, since they were friends, so he didn’t bother to look or shake her off. Instead, he focused his attention on the video and burst into laughter at one of his friend’s witty comments.

 

*I thought Woohyun didn’t like Hyuna…* Minji frowned and suddenly felt it was hard to breathe. She knew he wouldn’t even notice if she left, since he was having such a great time with his friends, so she decided to go outside for fresh air. She found a tree out in the field. She patted the grass and pouted when she felt it was wet.

 

"Here…" Someone laid a jacket on the grass. Minji blinked and looked up, "L…What are you doing out here?"

 

"I was worried when I saw you come outside… Are you okay? Are you not feeling well? Do you want me to take you home?" He asked worriedly as he crouched down, too, and felt her forehead.

 

For the first time in her life, the very first time in her whole entire life… she didn’t feel sparks.

 

"I-I’m fi-fine…" She lightly slapped his hand away. She sat on the jacket and leaned her head against the tree as she stretched her legs out. He smiled a bit and sat next to her.

 

"Your is going to be wet." She suddenly blurted. He looked at her and laughed, "I know."

 

"Here… You could have your jacket back…" She was about to take the jacket out, but he stopped her. "Don’t worry about it." He smiled at her.

 

Usually, whenever he smiled at her, her heart would beat faster and her stomach would get butterflies. Now, though… she felt nothing.

 

"…You look… really… beautiful…" He mumbled softly, with a light chuckle. Minji awkwardly shifted around. "It’s really surprising to hear you say that… and twice…" L blinked at her, "Why? I’ve called you that many times."

 

"You’ve never called me beautiful. You only called me ‘hot’ or ‘y’ and that was when I wore something short and tight." Minji suddenly rambled on and on but stopped herself.

 

"…I’m sorry…" He sighed and closed his eyes as he leaned his head back. She tensed up a bit. "For what?"

 

"For being an ." He chuckled lightly. She looked at him, for him to continue.

 

"I only dated you… because you were rich…" He admitted. Her heart hurt to hear that, though she knew it already.

 

"I never cared about you… You meant… nothing, to me…" He paused as he thought before he spoke, "I thought it was fun… playing with you… and it was… but somewhere along the lines… I started to care…" He finally opened his eyes and looked at her. She quickly looked away.

 

She couldn’t look at him. Not because she would melt under his gaze, like she usually would have, but because she couldn’t stand to look at him, after what he had done to her.

 

"I’m sorry… I’m a bastard… I’m an … I don’t deserve your forgiveness… but I’m going to ask for it, anyways…" He gently took her hand. She bit her lip and worked up the courage to look at him.

 

"I’m sorry… I’m sorry for using you… I’m sorry for cheating on you… I’m sorry for playing with you… I’m sorry for all the tears I caused you… I’m sorry for all the sleepless nights I gave you… I’m sorry for everything… For one last time, just one last time… can you forgive me? I promise I won’t screw up, this time."

 


 

Hey, guys!^^

I started a new fanfic! Yay! XDD

I was wondering if you guys could read it, subscribe to it, comment on it? :D It'd really mean a lot to me, if you guys would support it like you guys support this one! Thanks! :) Here it is!

MY FAKE FIANCE'S BROTHER [CLICK]