Chapter Twenty Six

When You Were Mine

Minji's eyes literally popped out of their sockets as she stood in front of this average-looking house that had music so loud that all of Seoul would be able to hear the lyrics, word-for-word.

 

She felt really over-dressed. She wore a ruffled pink tank top with black skinny jeans and pink high heels. The other girls here wore tank tops four sizes too small for them, short shorts that showed half their butts, and heels high enough to make them as tall as an average basketball player.

 

*Where’s L?* Minji bit her lip even harder as she stared at the spiral staircase. She scanned the living room again but went up the stairs when she couldn’t find her dear boyfriend.

 

"L… A-Are you in there?" She squeaked nervously as she knocked on a random door.

 

"Hey, Babe. You looking for some company tonight?" Someone, who had come up to use the bathroom, smiled at her. Minji squeaked again and shook her head violently.

 

"I'll keep you company." He hiccuped as he walked over.

 

Minji squeaked again. With only the thought of not wanting to get , she twisted the doorknob open, ran inside, and locked the door. She let out a sigh of relief as she rested her forehead on the door and left her hand on the doorknob.

 

"Oh! Hey! Wanna join us?"

 

Minji let out a loud gasp when she felt a hand touch her . She quickly turned around and found herself pressed up against the door. Her eyes went wide when she saw who the person was.

 

"Oh! Babe!" He hiccuped, "You’re-" He hiccuped again, "-here!" Minji was so shocked that she couldn’t even respond.

 

Minji stared at him in shock before her eyes drifted to the girl on the bed. The girl on the bed looked at her and smirked as she adjusted the fallen straps of her tank top.

 

"Babe! You look…" He eyed her up and down and smiled, "HOT!" He giggled and hiccuped as he s his arms around her waist.

 

"L!" Minji gasped when he slipped his hands underneath her tank top. He buried his face into her neck and trailed rough kisses all over it.

 

"S-Stop!" Minji bit her lip and pushed him away.

 

"Babe!" L stumbled over to Minji again and trapped her against the door. Minji held her breath when she smelled the alcohol.

 

L smiled mischeviously, "But... I think you’d look hotter... without clothes." He mumbled as he slipped his hands under her shirt again. Minji let out a loud gasp as she pushed him back again.

 

"What the hell?!" L groaned when he stumbled into Hyuna’s arms. Minji shakily stood against the door. "O-Oppa… I… I-I do-don’t w-want to-to…" Her bottom lip began to tremble.

 

"Why not? The whole world already thinks we’ve slept together!" He laughed and wobbled over to her. She side-stepped and watched him stumble into the door. "W-What do you mean?" She raised a brow as her eyes filled with tears. He looked at her and laughed, "Do you even know how embarrassing it is that the L has been dating a girl for almost a year yet hasn’t even banged her yet? I had to tell them something, to protect my pride!" He pouted and stumbled over to her again.

 

"B-But that’s lying! We-We haven’t…" Minji scrambled over behind Hyuna, who rolled her eyes and smirked.

 

"After tonight…" L smirked at her, "…they won’t be lies." Hyuna stepped to the side and left an open path for L.

 

"O-Oppa! N-No… I… I don’t want to…" Minji shook her head as she scurried over to the door, but L grabbed her wrist and threw her onto the bed.

 

"Hy-Hyuna! H-Help! Pl-Please..." Minji cried as L sunk his teeth into her neck. Hyuna rolled her eyes and kicked L off.

 

"You should go." Hyuna smirked and held the door open. Minji wiped some tears and sniffled, "H-How could you?" She bit onto her bottom lip that trembled too much, "I-I… thought we were friends…"

 

Hyuna laughed loudly, "Friends? Do I have to really say it to your face for you to understand?"

 

"U-Understand what?" Minji shakily stood up. Hyuna rolled her eyes. "You are one dumb little ! Okay! Listen carefully, dear." She sighed dramatically, "I only pretended to be friends with you so that I could get close with L."

 

Minji’s eyes went wide as tears filled them and stained her cheeks. Hyuna patted Minji’s head and smiled, "Now you should go… unless..." She grabbed L’s tie and made him sit up before she kissed him. L replied almost immediately as he brought her onto his lap and slid his tongue into .

 

Minji turned and bolted to the door. She covered to muffle her cries as she ran down the stairs. She ran out the door and tripped, but what did that matter when her best friend and boyfriend are about to hook up?

 

She walked (mostly tripped) down the crowded streets. She didn’t know where she was going. All she knew was that she wanted to get away.

 

"Are you alright?" One couple stopped when Minji fell on her hands and knees. She only cried harder.

 

"Hey! Are you okay?" The girl worriedly crouched down. Minji held her head low, embarrassed, as the tears trickled down her cheeks, but nodded solemnly.

 

"Are you sure? I-"

 

"Just go!" Minji snapped at the girl. The girl yelped and scurried off with her boyfriend. Minji wiped her tear-stained cheeks and stumbled back onto her feet.

 

God. Her feet hurt so bad. They turned a bright red and burned like crazy. Heck. They even bled a bit. That is kind of what happens after a girl, who’s never worn heels, walks around in five-inch heels for an hour and trips every three seconds.

 

Minji grew frustrated. She took her heels off and shoved them into the arms of a random girl as she cried, "Here! Merry Christmas!"

 

"Th-Thank you?" The girl blinked but gasped as she examined the heels, "Whoa! These are gorgeous!" She ran off before Minji could change her mind.

 

Minji’s mascara and eyeliner ran down her cheeks. She had blood on her elbows. She was barefoot. She left drops of blood as she walked. You can’t even imagine how scared people were when they saw her. They literally screamed and ran off in the opposite direction.

 

She wanted to call a taxi but couldn’t find her wallet or phone. She knew she brought them but just couldn’t find them. That made her cry even more.