Chapter Thirty Nine

When You Were Mine

Vacation went by much quicker than Minji expected. Most likely because, unlike the past vacations, she wasn’t alone. Minji and Woohyun hung out, during the vacation, very often.

 

Almost every day, they would see each other. They would always hang out at her mansion or at the orphanage and watch movies or just simply talk.

 

Their bond strengethened to the point where it felt like they’ve known each other their entire lives. They told each other everything--whether it be allergies or hobbies or skills or likes and dislikes. Anything. Everything.

 

Over the weeks, she gradually began to move on from that playboy boyfriend of hers. But her heart still hurt whenever she thought about him. Whenever she thought about him, though, her mind would automatically compare L to Woohyun.

 

L would never hold the door open for her, and, instead, make her hold it open for him. Woohyun, on the other hand, would always hold the door open for her. L would always make her pay for dinners and snacks. Woohyun would never allow her to pay, no matter how much she protested. L would make her massage his arms and legs and feet. Woohyun would never make her give him a massage, but he would always offer to give her one. This list could literally go on and on forever.

 

 

"OPPPPPPPPAAAAAASSSSS!"

 

The fan-girls all screamed and hurled themselves at Infinite, with such ferocity and no shame, as they bombarded the handsome boys. All of Infinite enjoyed this day. L always enjoyed it the most. At least, until he fell in love.

 

"L Oppa! Will you go to the dance with me?"

 

"No! He’s going with me!"

 

"No! He's going with me!"

 

"No. He’s going with me. Now beat it." Hyuna snapped at them. They yelped and ran off to attack the other members.

 

"I’m not going with you." L scoffed at her and walked off. She blinked at him before she walked after him, "I know. I only said that to get them off your back. You’re welcome." She mumbled and shoved past him.

 

"Mianhae. I just thought…" L sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. She rolled his eyes at him. "Not every girl in the school wants to go with you, you conceited jerk." She stuck her tongue out at him, and they both laughed a bit.

 

"But… I thought you liked me." L suddenly blurted. She raised a brow at him, "What? Don’t tell me that you’ve really fallen for me… or have you?" She smirked and ran her fingers along his chest as she brought her lips close to his.

 

"No." He scoffed at her again. She smiled and adjusted his tie, "Good. I don’t want you to get in the way of my new target."

 

"And who would that be?" He raised a brow curiously. She looked at him and smiled again, "It’s time for class!" She giggled and skipped off.

 

*Then why the hell are you going to the janitor’s clos- Oh.* He rolled his eyes. *.* He flipped his hair and walked into class.

 

"Oppa! Would you like to-"

 

"No." He walked past all the girls and sat in his seat. He propped his arm up and rested his chin in his palm as he stared at Minji and Woohyun. *Are they going?* He curiously tilted his head at them. He was about to call Minji’s name but realized she could still possibly be hurt and ignore him.

 

"Yah. Nam Woohyun." L suddenly called. Woohyun turned around and raised a brow, "What?"

 

"Are you going to the dance?" L blinked at him. Woohyun stared at him, with an open mouth, "Don’t tell me you’re… asking me to the dance?! Uh… Sorry, bro… I don’t… roll that way…" Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"What the-? I’m not asking you to the dance! Why would I ask you to the dance?" L made a face. Woohyun blinked at him, "W-Well! You asked me whether I was going or not! So, I thought… you know…" He rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"Aish! Answer the damn question!" L snapped. Woohyun frowned at him, "I don’t have to answer . It’s none of your business, you nosy bas-"

 

"Woohyun." Minji hissed gently as she nudged his arm. He sighed and turned back to her. He rested his forearms on the edge of her desk and rested his chin on them as he watched her read.

 

"…Has anyone… asked you to the dance…?" Woohyun asked nervously. L immediately looked over and sat straighter as he listened for her answer.

 

"No…" Minji admitted embarrassedly but smiled faintly. Woohyun immediately brightened up. *Hell yes! This is my chance!* "Do you want to go wi-"

 

He was about to ask, but then the bell rang. He sighed and sat back down in his seat. *I’ll ask later…* He looked at her and smiled a bit. *Maybe… in more special way…* He was kind of glad the bell interrupted him, because, now, he could ask her later but in a more romantic way.

 

But he wasn’t the only one who’s planning on asking her.