Chapter Forty Two

When You Were Mine

Minji searched his eyes. They were different. They were soft. They were sad. They were sincere, unlike all the other times he’s apologized. She knew he really meant it, this time, and he really did.

 

"…I…" Minji stared at him before she finally sighed, "…I forgive you…" L's eyes immediately brightened as his lips twitched upward.

 

"But…" She pulled her hand out. "…I… I don’t want to… I don’t think I… I don’t think I’m ready to… be in a relationship, with you, again…" She bit her lip when she saw the smile on his face disappear.

 

"I get it…" He smiled again but softer, "…You don’t trust me. I expected that. If I were you, I wouldn’t trust me either. So… let’s be friends." *For now.* He smiled and held his hand out. She stared at it before she eventually shook it. They both battled into an unofficial staring contest, until they both broke out into smiles and laughed.

 

 

"Oh God! Look at this kid’s face!" All the guys broke into another round of laughter as they continued to watch the video and make fun of it. Hyuna only rolled her eyes as she boredly ran her fingers up and down his arm. *Geez… Guys are so loud…*

 

"Yah… Eunmi. Stop." Woohyun shrugged his shoulder a bit, tickled by her fingernails.  Hyuna raised a brow and pouted, "Eunmi?" Woohyun blinked as the smile on his face disappeared. *That’s not Eunmi’s voice…* He turned his head, and his eyes went wide when Hyuna’s nose lightly grazed his.

 

"What the hell?! Where’s-" Woohyun gently shoved her away and looked around. *Aish! Of course Eunmi wouldn’t do something so… seductive like this.* He looked at Hyuna and frowned, "If you ever touch me again, I will seriously beat the out of you. Got it? Keep your filthy hands off me." He dusted his arm and adjusted his collar before he walked off.

 

"Filthy?" Hyuna blinked and looked at her hands, "I think they’re quite cute…" She pouted at her hot pink nails studded with small sequins.

 

"They are!" The other guys all cooed over her. She looked at them and frowned, "Ew." She cringed and left to find L or any other member of Infinite that she could make out with.

 

"Eunmi?" Woohyun looked around for her but couldn’t find her. *Wait… Why am I looking for her?* Woohyun blinked and stopped. He scratched his head and looked around. His eyes locked onto the area near the doorway and went wide.

 

*! Minji!* He spun around as his eyes scanned every inch of the gym but couldn’t find her. He turned towards the exit and ran towards it but stopped when he saw a couple walk in.

 

"No! I think-" Minji talked but stopped when she saw Woohyun. L blinked at her, "You think what?" He chuckled before he looked straight ahead and saw Woohyun.

 

"Oppa! Did you call my name?" Eunmi asked as she walked over and linked her arm with Woohyun. He gaped at her, "N-No… Wait… I mean… yes… but-" He stopped and looked at Minji.

 

"Did you want to dance?" Eunmi asked innocently as she purposely (yes, purposely) rubbed her cleavage on his arm. Woohyun accidentally looked down but looked away immediately as he gulped, "U-Um… I-I…"

 

Don't misunderstand, though! He wasn't getting . He just felt... awkward. Wouldn't you feel awkward if some girl rubbed her s all over your arm? Personally, I'd feel digusted and cuss them out, but still.

 

"Dance?" L asked Minji. She looked at Woohyun and frowned before she looked at L, "Sure…" He smiled and grabbed her hand before he led her out onto the dance floor.

 

"Oppa?" Eunmi continued to rub her cleavage on his arm as she blinked innocently at him. He agreed, only after he saw Minji and L on the dance floor. She beamed at him before she dragged him towards the dance floor.

 

Just as they had gotten on, though, the song changed from very upbeat to very slow.

 

Woohyun immediately looked towards L and Minji. He felt his heart grow heavy when he saw that she had his arms around his neck as his arms were around her waist. *That should be me…* He swallowed hard at the painful sight of the 'love of his life' slow dancing with her ex-boyfriend.

 

Woohyun and Minji both danced with different people yet only stared at each other. Minji didn’t even bother to listen to L, her attention too focused on Woohyun. Woohyun didn’t even bother to listen to Eunmi either, his attention also too focused on Minji.

 

"Oppa! Are you okay?" Eunmi blinked at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He kept his eyes glued on Minji, who still had her eyes on him, too, and nodded. "I’m… yeah…" He absent-mindedly answered as he tightened his grip around her waist, only out of anger and jealousy when he saw L pull Minji so closely that their chests touched.

 

Eunmi, though, didn’t know that. She giggled and smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder. She’s never met a guy (and she’s met very many guys) who could make her heart race so quickly and her stomach get butterflies. *So… this is how love feels…* She closed her eyes and smiled.

 

Woohyun looked down and saw her head rested on his shoulder. He blinked but didn’t say anything as they continued to dance. His eyes then looked back at Minji, who had her eyes still on him. He was so focused on Minji that he didn't realize what happened, until he saw the hurt look on her face.

 

Woohyun’s eyes went wide. *Eunmi. Eunmi’s lips. Me. My lips.* That was all he could think when he saw Eunmi with her eyes closed and lips pressed against his. He was too shocked. He didn’t know whether to kiss her back or push her away, so he just stood there like a statue. His eyes, though, weren’t frozen and found their way to Minji.

 

Minji watched as Eunmi kissed Woohyun. That made her heart crack. When she saw Woohyun not push her away, though, her heart didn’t just crack. It broke. It broke into a million pieces. Then, it hit her...... hard. *I love him.*