Chapter Fifty Two

When You Were Mine

*Where’s Woohyun?* Minji pouted and patted her skirt as she sat down and looked around.

 

"Are you okay?" L blinked at her. She nodded and forced a quick smile.

 

Soon, the basketball game between TOP High and Woollim High started.

 

"Eyyy! Isn’t that Woohyun?" Hoya pointed to one of the guys on the court.

 

*Woohyun?* Minji squinted her eyes onto the court. She saw Woohyun and immediately smiled.

 

He was stretching and talking with Jinyoung, until he noticed her at the top of the bleachers. He gasped and excitedly waved at her as if he had some kind of arm spasm. He even threw hearts at her, and she laughed.

 

"Wah! Woohyun Oppa threw hearts at me!"

 

"No! He threw hearts at me!"

 

All the girls in the row below her began to argue who he threw hearts for.

 

Minji pouted jealously at them. *They were for me and only me!!!!* She huffed and stuck her tongue out at them before she looked away.

 

At first, Woollim High had the lead, but TOP High used some pretty cheap tactics that didn’t get noticed by the teachers and got ahead. Eventually, though, the score became tied. Just a second before the buzzer rang, Woohyun scored a shot for Woollim High. The entire basketball team screamed and cheered as they tackled Woohyun into a group hug.

 

All the Woollim High kids cheered for their winning basketball team. Minji also cheered really loudly, which made L pout jealousy and talk about how he could have done better.

 

"Dammit! I told you to cover him! Why didn’t you?!" Taesung yelled at his entire team. Woohyun overheard some of Taesung’s scolds and frowned, "Hey. It’s not just their fault you guys lost. It’s your fault, too." Taesung stopped and turned to Woohyun. "Mind your own ing business, you cheater."

 

Woohyun blinked in surprise and frowned at him, "Cheater? It’s not my fault you couldn’t block me." He rolled his eyes. "You know, real men would be able to accept their losses."

 

"What are you trying to say?" Taesung stepped closer. Woohyun raised a brow, "That you need to it up and stop whining like a baby. It’s just a friendly competition, bro. Why are you getting all worked up over it?"

 

"Excuse me?" Taesung clenched his fists. Woohyun glanced at his fists before he looked back up. "You’re excused. Now that you’re excused, go take some anger management classes or something."

 

Everyone on the basketball court ‘oooh’-ed and ‘aaaah’-ed. Everyone on the bleachers, though, couldn’t hear, but they could see the tension rise.

 

When Woohyun turned around to leave, Taesung turned him back around and slammed his fist into his jaw. Everyone gasped in shock. Woohyun laughed a bit, "Just for the sake of your ego, I’ll pretend that hurt." He then put a hand on his jaw. "Ow." He blankly and emotionlessly winced. Taesung growled as he punched Woohyun again.

 

Teachers finally came and pulled him back.

 

"Come on, bro. This is supposed to be a fun day where us seniors could relieve our stress about the upcoming finals. Don’t be such a party pooper." Woohyun laughed lightly as he ruffled Taesung’s hair, which made Taesung only growl angrily.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"He looked really pissed." Minji mumbled as she leaned against the lockers. Woohyun blinked at her, "And?"

 

"He looked like he really wanted to kill you." Minji looked at him. He smiled at her, "Worried about me, eh?" He wiggled his brows at her.

 

"Woohyun." She pouted and hit his arm, "What’d you say to get him so pissed off?"

 

"Aigoo." He chuckled, "Don’t worry about it, arasso? Let’s talk about how freaking awesome I was!" He laughed, "Did you not see that last shot I made? Man! Aren't I’m so awesome?" He smirked and held his chin up.

 

"You’re so conceited." Minji chortled, "But I think Jinyoung Oppa was more awesome."

 

"E-Excuse me?" His eyes nearly popped out. She giggled and shrugged, "He’s such a good leader and a great basketball player and-"

 

"Yah. Yah. Yah." He nudged her forehead. "Don’t compliment other guys in front of me."

 

"Wae?" She giggled and rubbed her forehead, "Jealous?"

 

"No." He mumbled and looked away. She poked his arm. "You’re jealous, aren’t you? Just admit it. You’re jealous."

 

"I’m not."

 

"Yes, you are~" She giggled again and poked his arm. He chuckled and grabbed her hand, "Could we just skip this childish argument and get to the making out part?" He laughed again as he leaned in and kissed her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I hate that bastard." Taesung growled as he blew out a puff of cigarette smoke before he put the cigarette back to his lips.

 

"Which one? L or Woohyun?" His friend asked curiously.

 

"Both." Taesung spat, "Especially L, that bastard. He thinks he’s so much better than I am. I’m as a good a fighter as he is!"

 

"Actually, you’re not." Another one of his friends blinked, "He beat you up at least six ti-"

 

"Shut up." Taesung glowered at him, and he immediately shut up.

 

"His girlfriend’s pretty fine, though." Some of them snickered. Taesung blinked but smirked, "Hell yeah. She’s more than just ‘pretty fine.’"

 

They all quit and headed out the restroom as they continued to say vulgar things about Minji. Once they turned into a hallway, though, they came to an abrupt stop.

 

"Whoa." One of them whistled lowly. The rest of them all snickered.

 

"Eyy! Isn’t that L’s girl, though?" One of them hushed them as he raised a brow at the couple kissing against the lockers. They all shut up and narrowed their eyes.

 

"Dude! It is! Holy crap! And it’s Woohyun!" One of them gasped, "Oh! I thought she was innocent! Who would have thought she’d be playing two guys?" The others all laughed. Taesung grinned and took a quick picture of Minji and Woohyun.

 

"What are you going to do?" One of his gangmembers blinked. Taesung rolled his eyes. "Send it to L. Duh. He’s going to be so pissed off when he finds out his girlfriend’s cheating on him." He smirked evilly and put his phone away.

 

"How are you going to get his number?" Another one of his gang members asked as they walked towards the exit.

 

"…I have my ways."