Chapter Fifty Four

When You Were Mine

“It's all my fault, you know?“ L groaned and banged his head on the bar counter.

 

“Uh-huh.“ Anna, his e, rolled her eyes and poured him another glass of vodka. He sighed and drank it all before he slammed the cup on the table, “I didn't even know they were dating! What the heck! I thought they were just friends, you know?!“

 

“Uh-huh.“ She poured him another glass. He shakily lifted it and groaned before he drank it, “I mean, I knew he liked her, but damn... I didn't know she liked him, too!!!!” He clutched his head in pain, the alcohol finally getting to him.

 

“Mm.“ She poured him even more. He sighed again and rested his forehead on the counter, “Do you think...“ He hiccuped, “...if I hadn't cheated on her, she would... still be my girlfriend?“

 

“Mm. Sure?“ She shrugged and looked around boredly. He sighed for the billionth time and took his phone out. He opened up the text message, which was sent from an unknown number, and stared at the picture of Woohyun and Minji kissing.

 

He had received the picture, half an hour ago, and had been drinking ever since, as if drinking would drown out the excruciating pain he felt in his now-broken heart.

 

“It's all my fault.“ He groaned and banged his head on the counter, “Aish! L, you stupid head!“ He started to hit his head.

 

“Yeah. Okay. Um. Bye.“ Anna rolled her eyes again before she hurried off to find another customer. L rolled his eyes back at her and drank the rest of the bottle.

 

“Another?” The bartender asked, and L nodded as he rested his forehead on the counter. The bartender quickly poured him another shot as L continued to rant to him about his feelings for Minji.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“No…”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You wouldn’t...”

 

“I WOULD! AND I JUST DID!” Woohyun laughed evilly as he killed her, “WHAT NOW, A?!” He howled with laughter as he threw his controller down. Minji pouted and also threw her controller down, “You . I don’t want to play anymore.”

 

“I ? You’re the one that lost!” He snickered. She rolled her eyes and made a face at him, “I hate you.”

 

“Don’t be hating just ‘cause you lost, Baby.” He laughed and ruffled her hair before he turned the PS3 and TV off. She pouted and fixed her hair.

 

Suddenly, her phone rang, and she immediately answered it.

 

“Yoboseyo?” She grinned. Woohyun raised a brow at the bright tone she used. She started to twist her hair as she giggled, “Yeah, I’m free.”

 

“Yah. Yah.” Woohyun hissed at her. She covered the speaker of the phone and blinked at him, “What?”

 

“Who is that?!”

 

“It’s the worker from the ice cream parlor.” She smiled sweetly. He stared at her in disbelief before he snatched the phone and ended the call.

 

“Yah.” She pouted and reached for her phone.

 

“Why are you talking to him?!” He snarled at her as he held the phone away. She raised a brow and crossed her arms, “Why can’t I talk to him?”

 

“Because you’re my girlfriend!” He whined and crossed his arms. She cleared and kept a straight face, “Actually, I’m not.”

 

“I don’t get it! What does that mean?” He groaned frustratedly and threw the phone on the couch. She furrowed her brows at him. *Am I even this dumb?* “Well!” She cleared again, “You never officially asked me to be your girlfriend.”

 

“…Am I supposed to?” He tilted his head at her. She gaped at him, “Yes!”

 

“But…” He scratched his head, confused. “…why?”

 

“What do you mean ‘why’?!” She gave him a strange look.

 

“Well!” He scoffed, “If we hold hands and kiss and go on dates, I’m pretty damn sure we’re dating!” She pouted and stomped her foot, “It doesn’t hurt to make it official, okay?”

 

“Actually, it does, doesn’t it?” He blinked, “Since I’d be wasting my breath to ask something that I shouldn’t need to ask.”

 

“Oh.” She scoffed, “So it’s a waste of breath to make me happy?”

 

“Aw, Minji.” He pouted and poked her arm, “Don’t be like that!” She made a face at him as she grabbed her phone and walked towards the door.

 

“Yah!” Woohyun pouted again and grabbed her hand, “Okay! Okay! Fine!” He put his hands on her shoulders and turned her to face him. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“…That’s it?” She blinked at him. He blinked back, “What?”

 

“Can’t you make it any more romantic?” She pouted and felt her shoulders deflate.

 

“Aish!” Woohyun rolled his eyes. “Why are you such a needy woman?!”

 

“Aish! Whatever!” She huffed and took her phone out, “I’ll just call that CUTE worker from the ice cream parlor. Oh, he asked me on a date to the movies. I think I’m going to agre-“

 

“NO!” Woohyun whined and threw her phone onto the couch. Minji raised a brow at him, “Why not? Since we’re not dating, I could go out with whoever I want, right?”

 

“B-But…” He pouted and sighed, “Okay. Fine.” He cleared his throat and gently grabbed both of her hands, “Okay. Um.” He cleared his throat again, “Um… Uh. Okay.” He cleared his throat again again, “Um.”

 

“Okay!” Minji chuckled and pulled her hands away, “It’s fine. I was just kiddi-”

 

“Hey.” He pouted, “You interrupted my speech.” He grabbed her hands again. She blinked at him, “Speech? ‘Uh. Um. Okay. Uh.’ is not a speech.”

 

“I-I was getting there! Gosh!” He pouted again before he cleared his throat, “Okay. So, um.“ She laughed, but he ignored her and continued, “I… Um.” He cleared his throat again, “Okay. Screw the romantic speech.” He rolled his eyes. “It’s a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Aw.” She pouted, “What happened to Namgrease?”

 

“Namgrease-“ He scoffed, “-doesn’t want to waste his breath by giving a romantic speech that you would probably forget in five minutes.”

 

“Jerk.” She laughed and hit his arm, “Fine.” She chuckled, “Yes, I will be your girlfriend.”

 

“Awesome!” He grinned widely, “Now let’s make out!” He leaned in and kissed her. She chuckled a bit.

 

Before she could wrap her arms around his neck, her phone started to ring again.

 

“Geez!” Woohyun groaned and pulled away, “I swear! If it’s that ice cream guy, I’m going to beat the ice cream out of him!”

 

“Actually-” Minji laughed, “-it wasn't the ice cream guy who called me earlier.

 

“T-Then who was it?“ Woohyun gawked at her. She chuckled, “It was Aeyoung.

 

“Trying to make me jealous, huh?“ He glared at her and looked away angrily. She laughed and answered her phone, “Yobos-“

 

“Do you know anyone named Kim Myungsoo?”

 

“Um.” Minji raised a brow, “Yes?” She looked at the screen and saw that this was L’s number but definitely not his voice.

 

“Oh, well, you’re the first person on his speed dial. Could you come pick him up? He keeps saying how he needs to see you. You’re Minji, right?”

 

“Yeah…” She frowned a bit, “Where is he?” She quickly stood up and grabbed her bag.

 

“Inspirit. Thanks.”

 

She sighed and ended the call before she called her chauffeur to pick her up.

 

“Yah.” Woohyun frowned and grabbed her wrist, “Where are you going?”

 

“I have to pick L up from Inspirit.” Minji mumbled after she told her chauffeur to come. Woohyun frowned even more, “Why?”

 

“He’s drunk.” She shrugged. He pouted and pulled her into a backhug, “Just call Infinite or Hyuna to pick him up.”

 

“I know, but…” Minji shrugged again and slipped out of his arms. He frowned, “But what?”

 

“He wants to see me.” She walked to the doorway and slipped her sneakers. Woohyun raised a brow, “So?”

 

“So?” She raised a brow back at him, “Don’t worry. I’ll be right back.” He rolled his eyes.

 

“Yah.” Minji frowned at him, “Come on! You can’t seriously be mad, can you?”

 

“Of course not!” He smiled sweetly at her, “Go. Just go pick up your drunk EX-BOYFRIEND and take care of him until he sobers up. Or, maybe, even for eternity.” Minji laughed and kissed him, “You’re cute when you’re jealous.” He scoffed, “Baby, are you kidding me right now? I’m cute all the time.” She rolled her eyes as he pulled her in and kissed her again.

 

“Bye~” Minji laughed and pushed him away before she opened the door and walked out.

 

“Yah!” Woohyun called out to her and smiled, “I love you!” He threw some hearts at her.

 

“I love you, too!” She laughed before she blew him a kiss, which he caught and pressed against his lips.