Chapter Thirty Four

When You Were Mine

"What are you doing here?"

 

Woohyun scratched his head and bit his lip, "Um… I was wondering if-"

 

"No." Mr. Lee closed the gate. Woohyun’s mouth fell open, "Y-You didn’t even-"

 

"You want to take my daughter out?" Mr. Lee guessed, and Woohyun smiled and nodded.

 

"No. Go away." Mr. Lee watched him through the screen. Mrs. Lee came up and laughed, "Of course you can take her out!" She opened the gate, and Woohyun smiled as he walked in.

 

"B-But…" Mr. Lee pouted when his wife hit his head. Mrs. Lee turned to Woohyun and pinched his cheek. "Aigoo! You’re so cuteeeeeee!" She pinched both of his cheeks and stretched them, despite how red they turned.

 

"Come. Come." She took his arm and led him into the mansion. Woohyun followed after her as he rubbed his sore cheeks. She left the two guys in the living room as she went up to get Minji.

 

"Minji?" She saw her daughter still in bed and sighed, "Get dressed."

 

"I don’t want to go out." Minji pouted and pulled the blanket over her. Mrs. Lee sighed, "Are you still sulking? Come on! It’s New Year’s Eve!"

 

After a long protest, Minji finally gave in. Once her mother left, she got out of bed and looked through her closet. She combed her hair neatly and removed her glasses. Still in that depressed mood of hers, she changed into a grey sweater, black skinny jeans, and black high tops.

 

Woohyun uncomfortably shifted in his seat and fidgeted with his fingers. Mr. Lee sat with his elbows on his knees and hands folded together as he glared at Woohyun.

 

"What’s your name, again?" Mr. Lee finally spoke. Woohyun straightened up a bit and cleared his throat, "Nam Woohyun-imnida."

 

"You wouldn’t mind, if I did a background check on you, right?" Mr. Lee smiled, with his head creepily tilted to the side. "Uh… N-Not at all…?" Woohyun blinked at him, and Mr. Lee immediately asked Soohyun to get a background check done.

 

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" Mr. Lee sipped on his coffee. Woohyun shook his head. "Have you ever kissed a girl?" Woohyun shook his head. "Have you ever slept with a girl?"

 

"Well… If I never kissed a girl, I doubt I’d have slept with one…" Woohyun muttered, with a raised a brow.

 

"Don’t you sass me!" Mr. Lee threw a cookie at Woohyun’s face. Woohyun yelped and nodded eagerly as he rubbed his face. Mr. Lee shifted around and cleared his throat, "Are you in love with my daughter?" Woohyun bit his lip and looked around, "Um…"

 

"’Um’ is not an answer." Mr. Lee slammed his hands on the table and made Woohyun jump a bit. "No." Woohyun lied. Mr. Lee raised a brow, "Really, huh?" Woohyun pursed his lips and nodded.

 

"Oh! You know? In China, I met up with a really good friend of mine!" Mr. Lee smiled and leaned back, "Yes. He has a son, too, a very handsome one." He nodded and continued, "What’s great is that they own this really successful hotel company! Wouldn’t it be great if our two companies combined?" He asked Woohyun. Woohyun raised a brow but nodded as he sipped on some hot chocolate.

 

"Yes! Yes! And what better way to combine our companies than by marriage?" Mr. Lee continued.

 

Woohyun’s eyes went wide as he spit hot chocolate all over the table. He grabbed a napkin and coughed as he wiped his mouth and the table.

 

"What’s even better is that their son is so handsome! And young, too! Such a cute boy! He’d make the perfect son-in-law! Handsome! Smart! Cute! Polite! Rich, too! I should arrange Minji’s marriage with him!" Mr. Lee laughed and slapped his knee.

 

"NO! NO, YOU SHOULDN’T!" Woohyun blurted. Mr. Lee stopped laughing and blinked at him, "But why not? You’re the one who said it’d be great to combine our companies."

 

"NOT BY MARRIAGE!" Woohyun complained. Mr. Lee blinked and tilted his head, confused, "But… why not?"

 

"BECAUSE I LOVE MINJI, AND I DON’T WANT HER MARRY SOMEONE ELSE!" Woohyun blurted. His eyes went wide as he gasped when he realized what he just said.

 

"Oh… But you previously said you weren’t in love with her?" Mr. Lee blinked at him again. Woohyun bit his lip and awkwardly shifted in his seat, "I… lied…"

 

"Ahhh… But, you see… I don’t like liars…" Mr. Lee shrugged and sipped on his coffee.

 

Woohyun mentally killed himself. *You need to fix your lying habit, Nam Woohyun.*

 

"But…" Mr. Lee paused, for dramatic effect. "………………you just might be an exception."

 

Woohyun gaped at him, unable to believe that he’s just gained permission to court his daughter.

 

 "Where are we goi- Woohyun?" Minji blinked when she came down the stairs and saw Woohyun. Woohyun immediately looked up and smiled, "Let’s go!" He jumped up from his seat and smiled again.

 

"Wait. What? What are you doing here? Where are we going?" Minji blinked, confused.

 

"Well! We are going to the airport! You two are going… who knows where." Mrs. Lee shrugged as she fluffed up her hair.

 

"You guys are leaving already?" Minji’s face literally fell. She gave goodbye hugs to both her parents as they told her the usual 'take care of yourself' message.

 

"Goodbye, you little cutie!" Mrs. Lee giggled as she pinched Woohyun’s cheeks, "Aigoo! You’re so cute!" She stretched them out, and Woohyun couldn’t protest, and he knew his cheeks were going to swell up.

 

"Maybe, the next time we come, I should invite my friend’s son." Mr. Lee tapped his chin thoughtfully, and Woohyun gasped and shook his head so fast that it could've fallen off.

 

"Yeah! I showed him a picture of Minji, and he said she was cute and adorable and how he'd love to meet her!" Mr. Lee continued as Woohyun shook his head even faster.

 

"Aigoo! Stop teasing the poor boy! His head’s about to fall off!" Mrs. Lee pulled Mr. Lee away, by the ear.

 

"Ow! Ow!" Mr. Lee whined as she dragged him off. Minji sniffled and waved goodbye to her parents, one last time, before they blew her kisses and drove off. Woohyun let out a sigh of relief.

 

"Aigoo! I’m hungry! Aren’t you? I didn’t eat all day!" Woohyun complained cutely as he rubbed his stomach, with the hand that wasn’t holding hers. He side-eyed Minji and saw her brow raised at him.

 

"Aish! Don’t be such a buzz-kill! Loosen up! It’s New Year’s Eve!" He beamed at her as he twirled her around, and she laughed.

 

"Arasso… So where are we going?" She asked when he finally stopped twirling her. He looked at her and smiled, "Somewhere~" He winked as he grabbed her hand and dragged her out the mansion.

 

 


 

This chapter is kind of rushed, because I'm lazy XDD Hey. It's Thanksgiving. Cut me some slack :D Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it, like me!^^