Chapter Eleven

When You Were Mine

"Woohyun?" She blinked and smiled when she saw him.

 
"Y-Yeah." Woohyun mumbled as he picked up some supplies that had fallen out his bag before he stood up. He held his hand out, and Minji took it.
 
"Thanks." She smiled at him. He nodded and hurried past her.
 
"Woohyun!" She blurted and grabbed his arm before he could exit. He looked at her and smiled faintly, "Y-Yeah?"
 
"Why are you mad?" She asked quietly with her head held low.
 
His gaze softened. He felt bad. He's ignored her since Monday. Even though it's been only three days, he's missed her a lot. Because his bruises had healed today, he wanted to talk to her. But it's just that every time he saw Minji and L together... he felt angry.
 
He wasn't angry at Minji. He wasn't angry at L (okay, maybe he was). He was mostly angry at himself, though.
 
He ignores the poor girl for three days, almost. How could he just talk to her after he ignored her for three days? She might call him bipolar or something. And she'd definitely ask why he ignored her. And he definitely did not have an answer. Or, at least, an answer he could give without letting her know his true feelings about her.
 
"I'm not." He blurted. She looked up at him and frowned, "You ignored me for three days! Why?!"
 
*I knew you'd ask why.* Woohyun pouted, "I just... didn't want to be a third wheel with you and your boyfriend." He lied.
 
Well. It wasn't all a lie. He didn't want to be a third wheel. He didn't want to be around Minji when L was also around. In other words, he didn't want to see them together. He didn't want to hear or see anything related to L, and he knew if he talked to Minji, she would talk about L non-stop.
 
"Awwww~! You're so considerate!" She cooed and hugged him tightly. He flinched and hissed from the pain in his ribs. She pulled back and blinked at him, "What's wrong?"
 
"What? Huh? Nothing." He laughed dryly. She raised a brow, "But you just flinched."
 
"Yeah. Because... you have the strength of a sumo wrestler." He pretended to have a hard time breathing, which wasn't really hard since his ribs hurt so badly.
 
"You're still a big, fat bully!" She scrunched her nose and pouted before she pulled away from him and crossed her arms.
 
"You're still so fun to pick on." He ruffled her hair. She whined and slapped his hand away, "You don't need to mess it up even more! The rain's already messed it up enough!"
 
"Yeah. So what are you doing here, anyways?" Woohyun blinked at her. Minji gasped, "Oh, right! I still have to buy supplies for the project!"
 
"Project? Ms. Yoon's project?" Woohyun raised a brow. She nodded and walked off, with a shopping basket.
 
"You haven't started it yet?!" His eyes widened as he followed her. She nodded and giggled, "Y-Yeah..."
 
"It took me and Yoonhee almost four hours to finish ours." Woohyun complained. Her eyes went wide, "It took that long?!" She had only expected it to take two hours, at the most.
 
"Yeah. I'm sure you and L will get it done, by the next century or so." Woohyun teased. She frowned a bit, "L's not working on it..." Woohyun grabbed her shoulder and stopped her. "What do you mean he's not working on it?" Woohyun raised a brow.
 
"He's... busy..." Minji mumbled and grabbed a poster from the rack. He scowled, "So you're doing it all by yourself? That's crazy! You won't finish. Call him and-"
 
"He's busy." She said again. Woohyun snickered. *Busy? With what? Those es?* "I'll help you." He held the basket for her as she put bottles of glitter in it.
 
"What?" She blinked at him as she grabbed glue sticks off the shelves and threw them into the basket. He smiled at her, "I'll help you with the project. I've got nothing better to do."
 
"You don't have to. It's not your project, so you shouldn't burden yourself with it." She smiled and shook her head. He nudged her arm and laughed, "It's the least I could do for, you know, ignoring you." She looked at him and bit her lip, "I really don't want to impose on you. I'm sure you have better-"
 
"-better things to do? Um. It's either help you with your project or go shopping with my mother and sister." He made a face as he remembered the last time he went shopping with them.
 
"That's great! Spend bonding time with your family!" Minji encouraged, with a hint of sadness in her voice, since she's never had 'family' bonding time before.
 
"Are you kidding me?" His face fell, "The last time I went shopping with them, they dragged me around for seven hours... SEVEN HOURS!" His face turned a sick pale color as he shook his head.
 
"That's a lot of exercise. Exercise is good." Minji . He gave her a look, "Not when you have high heels, handbags, and dresses thrown at your face. Not when you have to carry five tons of shopping bags. And definitely not when you have to sit for three hours in a hair salon filled with old ladies who keep checking you out." He cringed at the last part.
 
"Okay. Okay. I guess I can save you~~~" She giggled and grabbed a box of markers and left to the register. He smiled and followed after her, "You're my hero~" He set the basket on the counter, and the worker started to scan all the items.
 
"I know!" She smiled proudly. He rolled his eyes and bonked her forehead.
 
After they bought all the supplies, they headed back into her limousine. Mr. Choi was surprised to see Woohyun but smiled. He drove off to the mansion, while Minji and Woohyun continued to talk and laugh about the randomest things. Soon, they pulled over into the driveway and went inside.
 
"Welcome back, Agassi." Two long lines of maids and butlers all greeted her. They were surprised to see Woohyun, because Minji's never ever had a guest over.
 
"Shall we prepare snacks?" Soohyun, the head butler, offered. Minji looked at Woohyun, who shook his head. "No thanks~" She smiled and led Woohyun up to her room as he carried all the supplies.
 
"You've got a nice mansion." He whistled as he looked around. She smiled, "Thanks."
 
"Where are your parents?" He asked when he only saw butlers and maids but no parents. Minji slumped a bit but smiled, "They're on a business trip."
 
"Aw." Woohyun pouted and went into her room. "Whoa!" His eyes widened at the bright colors.
 
All four walls were different colors. The wall where the doorway was was a neon green and had dozens of different pictures on it. The wall across from it was a bright yellow with more pictures and a bulletin board with post-it notes. The wall diagonal from it was a hot pink with dozens of posters. The wall across from the hot pink wall was a sky blue with even more posters.
 
The carpet had four different designs split equally into squares. One of the squares was a fuzzy black and white zebra print. Another square was white with multi-colored polka dots. The other square was filled with blue and pink flower designs. The last square was a bright red with dark red stars.
 
"Oh God... Why do you have so many posters of Super Junior?" Woohyun's eyes widened at the dozens of posters she had of them.
 
"Because Super Junior Oppas are daebak!" Minji squealed as she hugged a pillow with Donghae's face on it. He looked at it and frowned, "You're one of those crazy sasaeng fans, aren't you?"
 
"What?! I am not!" She pouted and threw the pillow at him and laughed because Donghae's lips hit Woohyun's lips.
 
"Ew." Woohyun kicked the pillow aside. Minji gasped and picked it up, "Don't kick my oppa like that!" She rubbed Donghae's face, as if to check he was okay.
 
"...Okay. You need to get professional help." Woohyun joked and patted her head. She pouted and hit him with the pillow, "Okay. You need to get out my mansion."
 
"Aw! Don't be that way!" He whined as he belly-flopped onto her queen-sized bed and rolled around in her Super Junior blanket. She made a face at him, "Are you here to help me with my project or not?"
 
"I WAS here to help you with your project... but NOW... I'm here to sleep." He giggled and buried himself under the Super Junior blanket and rested his head on a pillow with Kyuhyun's face on it.
 
"You !" Minji made a face at him again before she sat down at her black desk covered in Super Junior stickers and started on her project.
 
She worked on it for the next few hours until it was almost midnight. Once she finished it, though, she fell asleep with her head buried in her arms.
 
"Minji..." Woohyun called out sleepily from underneath the blankets. He didn't hear a reply, so he groaned and pulled the blanket down and stuck his head out.
 
"Min-" He stopped when he saw her head lying on the desk.
 
He rubbed his eyes and sat up, his hair ruffled and crazy from the nap he had just took. He threw the blanket to the side and stumbled out of bed but luckily caught hold of the bedstand before he could fall. He groaned and rubbed his eyes again as he walked over and kneeled by the desk.
 
*She's so cute.* He tucked her bangs behind her ear. He carefully lifted her bridal style, and she automatically snuggled against his chest. His cheeks turned red, because her face was so close to his, as he laid her gently on the bed. He tucked her underneath her Super Junior blanket and rested her head on a pillow with Eunhyuk's face on it.
 
*I can't believe she has Super Junior pillows and blankets.* He frowned as he held up a pillow with Yesung's face. *She's such a creep.* He chortled and threw the pillow on the bed. He kneeled beside the bed and rested his forearms on the edge.
 
*...I'm a creep, too, aren't I?* He chuckled as he grazed Minji's cheek with the back of his hand. *Her skin is really soft...* He leaned in closer and closer until the tips of their noses touched. Their lips lightly grazed.
 
For a while, he stayed like that--his lips very lightly grazed against hers. Since he felt it wasn't right to kiss her while she was asleep, he pulled away. Instead, he planted a very long and lingering kiss on her forehead.
 
Her eyebrows wrinkled together and her nose scrunched as she unconsciously smiled.
 
"I love you." He kissed her nose and smiled before he stood up and left.