Chapter Thirty Six

When You Were Mine

Minji crossed her arms and leaned her head on the wall. She watched as the kids played on the small playground in the back of the orphange. She laughed a bit when Woohyun started to get beat up by the children. She bit her lip as she thought about what the ahjumma said.

 

Woohyun was an orphan. I would tell you more, but it’s not in my place to do so. If you really are special to him, he’ll tell you when the time comes.

 

*He’ll tell me eventually, right?* Minji thought. *But it’s none of my business, anyways…* She pouted a bit, still curious.

 

"Noona! Come play with us!" Two little boys each grabbed her one of her hands and dragged her to the playground.

 

"Tag! You’re it!" One little girl giggled as she poked Minji’s leg and ran off.

 

"Hurry, everyone! Run from the zombie panda! She’ll eat you, if she catches you!" Woohyun warned the children, and they screamed as they ran around.

 

"Yah!" Minji glared at him and ran after him. He laughed and stuck his tongue out at her before he ran off.

 

After a long and tiring game of tag, they all headed into the orphange. Minji sat in a circle with all the little girls and brushed their hair after they took showers. She would tell them all these cute princess stories that made them all giggle. Woohyun and the rest of the boys all sat at the table and played with toy cars after they also showered. Woohyun, though, sat with his elbow on the table and his chin in his palm as he smiled at Minji.

 

"Hyung… You must really love her, if you can’t even take your eyes off her." Some little boys . Woohyun looked at them and smiled, "One day… you kids are going to be just like me…" The little boys all made a face in disgust, and Woohyun laughed as he ruffled their hair.

 

"Kids! It’s time to go to sleep!" The ahjumma called.

 

"But I don’t want to go to sleep!" The kids complained. Woohyun ruffled a little boy’s hair and laughed, "Why not? Sleep will help you grow!"

 

"Oppa!" Some little girls ran over and hugged his arms. "Will you sing us to sleep?" They batted their eyelashes and sniffled cutely. Woohyun chuckled, "Fine. Let’s go!"

 

All the girls headed into their rooms, while all the boys headed into the room across. Minji and Woohyun both headed into the boys' room to tuck them in.

 

"Noona! Can I have a kiss?" One little boy giggled as he puckered his lips. Woohyun's jaw literally dropped to the floor, "The nerve of this kid..." He accidentally let out a short yet piercing scream when Minji kissed the kid's forehead.

 

"Hyung!" The little boy that was right beside him covered his ears and pouted. Woohyun didn't even notice, as he was too busy clutching the blanket as he watched Minji tuck another little boy in.

 

"Noona! Me, too!" The other little boys started to giggle at Woohyun. Woohyun gasped again as Minji kissed another boy's forehead.

 

"Hyung! You ripped my blanket!" The little boy beside him whined when his little blanket was slightly ripped by Woohyun. Minji looked over and raised a brow, "Bully." She scoffed at Woohyun as she walked over and tucked the little boy in.

 

"Noona!" The little boy puckered his lips. Woohyun finally blew up and shoved a pillow in the kid's face. "Aish! You little brats! You're doing it on purpose, aren't you?!"

 

"Woohyun!" Minji gasped at him before she hit his arm. He blinked at her and pouted, "B-But! T-They're just doing this to make me jealou-"

 

"Wah! Woohyun Hyung is being mean to me!" The little boy cried. Minji glared at Woohyun as she hugged the little boy.

 

"B-But!" Woohyun whined and pointed at the little boy, who hugged her back. His eyes widened as he gasped when the little boy stuck his tongue out at him, "Minji! Minji! Look! He's sticking his tongue out at me! This little brat!" He nudged the kid's forehead, and the kid began to whine.

 

"Woohyun! Stop it! You're hurting the poor kid!" Minji slapped his hand away. The little boy pouted to Minji, "Noona! Kiss it, to make it better!" He took his hand off his forehead, and Minji kissed it.

 

"A-Aw! B-But!" Woohyun whined and stomped his foot as he crossed his arms. Minji shot him a playful glare, and he shut up but continued to make faces at the kid.

 

After they tucked in all the boys, they headed into the girls’ room. Woohyun sat on one of their beds as Minji tucked them all in and gave some of them kisses, too, since they asked.

 

Even though they were innocent little girls who had no ulterior motive to make Woohyun jealous, Woohyun still got jealous. He would pucker his lips and ask Minji to kiss him, too, but she would shove his face away, still angry over what happened in the boys' room.

 

Once everyone was tucked in, Woohyun started to sing. Some girls fell asleep instantly, at the sound of his soothing voice. Others giggled and squealed over his voice before they fell asleep. Minji, though, was so captivated and mesmerized that she couldn’t even blink.

 

"Good… night... Op… pa…" One little girl murmured as she drifted off to sleep when the song ended. Woohyun smiled and pulled the blanket up to her chin before he stood up and headed out the room.

 

"Are you coming?" He turned and blinked at Minji. Minji snapped out of her daze and smiled a bit, "Yeah…" She closed the door and left the room.

 

"Bye, Ahjumma! It was nice to see you again! I’ll visit, soon!" Woohyun hugged the ahjumma and kissed her cheek. She laughed whole-heartedly as she patted his back, "Take care of yourself." He nodded and headed out the orphanage.

 

"It was really nice meeting you!" Minji smiled at her and bowed, "I hope you won’t mind, if I visit often, too." She giggled a bit. The ahjumma laughed and hugged her, "Of course not! The children seemed to really like you! Me, too, of course." Minji smiled and went outside.

 

As soon as she came out, Woohyun smiled and took her hand as he led her down the street, which made her unconsciously blush. He called a taxi over and told him the destination before he let Minji go inside.

 

"Where are we going?" Minji blinked when she realized they were headed in the opposite direction of her mansion. Woohyun smiled as he looked out the window, "Somewhere." He winked at her, and she made a face at his vagueness.