Chapter Eight

When You Were Mine

"What the-?" Woohyun squirmed around as someone put a bag over his head. *What the hell's going on?!* He felt someone hold his hands behind his back. Woohyun assumed the person was behind him, so he banged his head backwards and hit something hard.

 
 
"OWWWW!!!!" Woohyun and the other guy both hissed in pain. The other guy stumbled back after he let go of Woohyun's hands. Woohyun hurriedly took the bag off his head and looked around as he rubbed the back of his head.
 
 
"Dude! Seriously?! You're an idiot!" Five guys face-palmed themselves at the one with a red forehead.
 
 
"That guy's head is hard!" He whined as he continued to rub his forehead. Woohyun raised a brow at them. *...They... fail as kidnappers.*
 
 
"Get him!" One of them pointed at Woohyun.
 
 
Immediately, the guy with the red forehead charged at him. Woohyun grabbed the guy's fist, just as it was about to hit his face, and threw him over his shoulder.
 
 
"Aw, fuuu-" The guy howled in pain as he rolled around on the ground, while he held onto his back. The leader rolled his eyes at him and kicked his side. The guy groaned and stood up with a hand on his sore back.
 
 
The five guys all charged at Woohyun while one of them, the leader, stood back and watched.
 
 
Being the skilled fighter he was, Woohyun managed to beat up two of the guys, but they managed to get up after they were kicked by their leader. Woohyun got injured pretty badly--cuts on his cheeks, blood on his lips, bruises on his ribs. I mean, it was five versus one (since the leader didn't fight), and Woohyun isn't freaking Superman or something.
 
 
While Woohyun took on four guys at once, one of the guys left and picked up a wooden board. He smiled evilly as he approached Woohyun. The four guys Woohyun fought saw him with the wooden board and smirked. They distracted Woohyun and managed to hold his arms behind his back.
 
 
"Argh!" Woohyun managed to get them to let go. As soon as they let go, he looked up and saw a wooden board flying down at him.
 
 
He groaned and held onto his forehead as he fell on his knees. Blood immediately ran down his head and covered his eyes.
 
 
The four guys snickered at him. One of them kneed Woohyun's chin and caused him to cough blood as he fell backward onto the ground. Another one of them kicked Woohyun in the stomach and caused him to roll onto his side.
 
 
Woohyun stayed curled up as they kicked him. He grew angrier by the second. He had expected this to be a fair fight with fists and feet only, yet one of them uses a wooden board?
 
 
Woohyun grabbed one of the guys' legs and made him fall. This started a chain reaction as the five guys got knocked down by each other, like dominos.
 
 
"Get up, you weaklings!" The leader kicked all of the guys who lied on the ground. They all groaned and stood up.
 
 
Woohyun got up and stumbled around. His vision blurred, and he shook his head. Blood dripped down his face and obscured his view. He clutched onto his ribs that burned from being kicked seven times as he watched the five guys charge at him.
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Minji bit her lip and tapped her foot. She checked the time--9:17PM. She looked around, but there was no sign of Woohyun.
 
 
She contemplated on whether she should leave or not. She wanted to leave because she's waited over two hours, in the freezing cold air of winter. She didn't want to leave because she would feel bad if Woohyun came and didn't see her.
 
 
Suddenly, two white sneakers touched the tip of her sandals. *Woohyun!* Her eyes brightened as they trailed from the shoes to the legs to the waist to the chest but immediately darkened when she saw the face.
 
 
"...L?" She blinked in surprise. He looked down at her and smiled, "Hey." She bit her lip and looked down. He frowned for a second but smiled as he grabbed her hands and pulled her up, "What are you doing out here? Alone, at that." He put one hand on the side of her hair and it gently.
 
 
Her ears and cheeks burned up as hot as the sun. She wanted to slap his hands away, but she liked it whenever he her hair. It made her heart flutter. It made her feel relaxed and happy. It made her feel... loved.
 
 
"I-I..." She stuttered. She was so nervous that she couldn't even talk.
 
 
"Can we talk?" L asked.
 
 
She looked at him and bit her lip. She looked around again, in case Woohyun was around. She kind of relied on him to save her from L. Whenever L would talk to her this past week, Woohyun would always manage to pull her away.
 
 
"I'm waiting for someone." Minji blurted but felt guilty when she saw L's shoulders fall.
 
 
"R-Really? Are you... on a date?" He asked, with this pain in his voice that made her heart clench. She bit her lip.
 
 
She wanted to explain to him that it wasn't a date, that she would never go on a date with anyone but him. But if she did, he would know she still loves him. And if she told him she was on a date, she'd be lying and she hated lying.
 
 
"It'll only take five minutes." L tried again. She looked at him and softened at the despair in his eyes.
 
 
"I... can't..." Minji let out a shaky breath, "He might be here soon." He raised a brow at her, "How long have you been waiting?"
 
 
"Two hours." She blurted. He frowned, "Two hours is a really long time."
 
 
"I've waited longer." Minji looked at him and spoke with an unintentional bitterness in her tone.
 
 
She has waited longer. Whenever Minji went on dates with L, he'd make her wait anywhere from five minutes to five hours. Because of her patience, she even once waited seven hours.
 
 
"Please... I really need to talk to you..." L's voice shook. She looked around and bit her lip again, "I... I don't know... I have a feeling he'll be here soon..."
 
 
*I have a feeling he won't be here at all.* L smirked inwardly before he spoke, "Let's go for a hot chocolate. We'll walk to the cafe, get hot chocolate, and walk back to this spot. If he doesn't come by then, he won't come at all. What do you say?"
 
 
"Um..." She glanced around hopefully but sighed, "Okay... I guess..." L smiled at her as he grabbed her hand and dragged her away to the cafe. She glanced back to see if Woohyun would show up.
 
 
He didn't.
 
 

 

I at writing violence scenes, don't I? Lol. I can't write them, even if my life depended on it. XD