Chapter Fourteen

When You Were Mine

"L Oppa!" Minji beamed at him. He looked at her and smiled. *This girl is so damn annoying...* "What's up, Babe?"

 
"I-I was won-wondering if..." She bit her lip and drew circles in the snow with her foot, "...i-if you'd like to go watch a movie with me?" She squinted her eyes shut and prayed for him to agree.
 
"Um." He glanced at Infinite. *Argh! And we're supposed to go to Inspirit tonight!*
 
"Go!" Sunggyu mouthed to him and waved bye.
 
"Get some!" Hoya mouthed to him, too. Dongwoo and Sungyeol both laughed as they hi-fived him. Sungjong gave him a thumb-up.
 
"Errrr... Sure." L frowned but agreed. Minji opened her eyes and smiled, "Really?!" He blinked at her and softened when he saw those twinkles in her eyes, "Yeah. Let's go." He took her hand and laced their fingers.
 
She squealed and and felt her heart do flip-flops as she rested her head on his shoulder, which made L unconsciously smile a bit. The walk to the movie theater was really quiet. Minji was really the only one who talked--and trust me when I say she talked A LOT. L would only nod and smile and sometimes laugh.
 
"Kyaaa! These 3-D glasses feel weird!" Minji whined after she put them on. L looked at her and laughed, "Because you're wearing two pairs of glasses--your own glasses that don't even have lenses and those 3-D glasses." He laughed even more when the 3-D glasses started to slide down her nose and almost fell on the ground, if not for her quick reflexes.
 
"And why do you have 3-D glasses in the first place? The movie's not in 3-D." L blinked at her. She shrugged. "3-D glasses are cool." She folded up both pairs and stuffed them into her schoolbag.
 
L looked at her and blinked. *She was really cute with those glasses... but she's really beautiful without them.* The corners of his lip tugged upward, but he fought it.
 
"Popcorn! Yay! Oh! And ice cream! Kyaaa! Ice cream sounds soooo good right now! Don't you think so, too, Oppa?!" Minji giggled and tugged his arm excitedly.
 
"It's freezing cold, yet you want ice cream?" He raised a brow at her. She gasped at him, "Oppa! How dare you? Ice cream is perfect for all types of weather!" She bought 2 mini tubs of ice cream and 1 large popcorn and 2 large soft drinks.
 
"Aigoo! Oppa! Help meeee..." She pouted since held 1 large soda in each of her hands.
 
"Awww! That's cute! They barely fit in your hands!" L tapped her nose before he carried the popcorn and ice cream. She pouted and looked at the 2 cups of soda that her hands couldn't even fully wrap around, "It's not my fault I have small hands..."
 
"Hurry, Babe~" L nodded for her to hurry. She snapped out of it and hurried next to him. They went into the theater and sat at the very top row.
 
"It's really empty." Minji blinked at the other 10-12 people in this large theater. L chuckled as he leaned back in his seat, "Because only idiots want to see this lame chick flick."
 
"...I want to see this 'lame' chick flick." Minji blinked at him. He looked at her and laughed before he shoved popcorn into , "You only support my theory, not counter it."
 
"...Wait... Did you just indirectly call me an idiot?" She gaped at him. He stuffed more popcorn into and smiled, "Shhh. The movie's starting!"
 
"Hmph." She glared at him with her cheeks puffed with popcorn before she looked towards the screen. L chuckled at her before he secretly pulled his phone out.
 
Oppa! Where are you? :(
 
-Eunmi
 
L rolled his eyes. *She's such a stalker.* He looked at the next text.
 
Oppa! I think I left my necklace at your apartment! Can I come get it later?
 
-Suzy
 
L rolled his eyes again. *As if I hadn't heard that trick before.* He smirked and replied 'yes' to her since she was pretty 'fun' the first time. He then looked at the next text.
 
L-ah! Can I borrow some money? You owe me, after all.
 
-Minyoung
 
L blinked at this text. *I owe her for sleeping with me? She's grading herself as a e now.* He chuckled and moved onto the next text.
 
"Oppa! No phones allowed!" Minji slapped his arm and frowned. He jumped a bit but smiled, "Sorry, Babe." He put his phone back into his pocket.
 
Minji already became too engrossed in the drama. She sat with her barely on the edge of the seat. Her elbows rested on the seat in front of her. She bit the spoon that she used to eat the 2 tubs of ice cream with.
 
L looked at her and smiled as he tucked hair behind her ear, but she didn't notice. *Her eyes are huge.* L chuckled and couldn't believe he never noticed it until now. *And she doesn't wear make-up.* He caressed her cheek with his knuckles, but she still didn't notice. *Cute.* He pinched her cheek really roughly to test if she would notice, but she didn't, so he laughed and continued to pull on her cheek until it turned red.
 
"NOOO! NOT THE PUPPY! ANYTHING BUT THE PUPPY!" She screamed at the screen and screamed again when the '' of the drama threw the puppy into the lake.
 
"NOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOO!" Minji cried and covered .
 
L burst out laughing, "You're such a dork!" He ruffled her hair.
 
"YES! SAVE HIM! SAVE HIM!" Minji jumped from her seat and stood up with her fists clenched as she desparately watched the male lead swim out to save the female lead's puppy.
 
"Excuse me. Could you get your girlfriend to lower her voice?" The other people in the theater asked L. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled, "I'm really sorry..." He grabbed Minji's arm and yanked her down into her seat.
 
"You need to shut up." He chuckled again as he stuffed popcorn into . She pouted and hit his arm before she looked back at the screen.
 
In order to keep her from causing a disturbance again, L kept feeding her mouthfuls of popcorn. She looked at him and pouted, so he held the soda out for her. She smiled and sipped on it as she stared at the screen. When she was done, he put the soda back down and fed her more popcorn. When there were some crumbs on , he would wipe it off with his thumb and keep feeding her.
 
*Wait. What the heck? Why am I feeding her popcorn and holding her soda and wiping ?* He blinked when he finally realized what he was doing, yet he couldn't stop. It made him, in a way... happy?
 
"AWWWWWH! DAT'S SUH SWEEEEE (Awwwww! That's so sweet)!" Minji cooed with full of popcorn when the movie ended. She wiped some tears and clapped her hands loudly.
 
People gave her strange looks because, 1. she was the weird girl who started screaming during the movie and 2. she's now the weird girl who started crying and clapping over the ending of the movie.
 
"Okay, Babe. Uh. That's enough." L pouted embarrassedly as he held her hands together so that she'd stop clapping. He looked at her and wiped her tear-stained cheeks. "You're a crybaby. It wasn't even that sad." He chuckled. She pouted and slapped his hands away, "These are tears of joy, not tears of sadness!"
 
"Still, it wasn't that touching or heart-warming either." He chuckled again. She sighed and shook her head, "Men. They'll never understand."
 
"Yeah. That's kinda why these kinds of films are called 'chick' flicks." He bonked her forehead. She made a face at him and left.
 
"Babe!" L chuckled and ran after her before he slung an arm around her neck.
 
His eyes went wide when he saw a tall women with a very short skirt walk by. She looked at him and smiled. He smirked at her just before she headed to the restrooms.
 
"Hey, Babe. I'm going to the restroom. Wait outside, okay?" He told Minji.
 
She smiled and nodded as she watched him run off. She rubbed her cold hands together and blew into them as she sat on the rim of the fountain outside. She pouted a bit when she remembered the night Woohyun had asked her to meet him here but never came. *I never got to ask him why he didn't come...* She sighed and looked around. Her eyes locked onto this couple down the street.
 
The male was average in height. He had messy black hair and the most adorable eye-smile. The female next to him was around the same height. She had dark brown hair that went down to her shoulders. Her eye-smile was absolutely adorable, just like her boyfriend. She also even had dimples.
 
"Woohyun!" Minji gasped and covered his mouth as she watched them push each other and laugh. *He has a girlfriend! He has a girlfriend! Kyaaaa~! Why didn't he ever tell me?!* She squealed and danced in her spot before she looked back at them.
 
The female looked at him with a frown, but he smiled and said something that made her burst out laughing. Then, they started to hit each other and push each other again.
 
*Awwwww! That's so cute! His girlfriend is so cute! Kyaaaaa! I can't believe he actually has a girlfriend!* Minji cooed over the cute couple. They kind of reminded her of how she would see siblings act in dramas.
 
"What. Are. You. Doing?"
 
"Omona!" Minji shrieked and almost fell backwards into the fountain, if not for L, who grabbed her hands before she could.
 
"Oppa! Don't scare me like that!" She scolded him as he helped her stand up. He raised a brow at her, "You were the one who scared me!"
 
"How?" She blinked at him.
 
"Well... It's kind of scary when you see someone sitting alone and clapping and laughing and squealing to themselves." He said thoughtfully as he rubbed his chin.
 
"Oppa! I'm not crazy! I'm 100% normal!" She whined and hit his chest. He looked at her and laughed, "That's what they all say. The next thing you know... they're in the mental hospital."
 
"Nooo! I'm normal! I swear! I don't belong in a mental hospital! I'm- Oppa. What's on your face?" She blinked and pointed at his lip, "It looks almost like... lip-stick?"
 
His eyes went wide. *Oops.* He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Let's go home! It's really late! And cold!" He blurted to change the subject.
 
"Yes! We should! It's freeeeezzzzzinngggggg!" She shivered and rubbed her hands together. He smiled at her as he took one of his gloves off and put it on one of her hands.
 
"What are you doing? Now your hand is going to be cold." She was about to take the glove off until he took her hand that didn't have a glove on and held it with his hand that didn't have a glove on either.
 
"You watch so many chick flicks, yet you've never seen a guy do this?" He grinned at her as he laced their fingers. She bit her lip, but the smile still grew.