Chapter Sixteen

When You Were Mine

"Minji!" L called her over. She brightened up immediately as she ran over. "Yes, Oppa?" She beamed at him.

 
"Can I borrow some money?" He asked with a smile that made her heart melt. "Of course! How much do you need?" She giggled as she pulled her wallet out from her schoolbag.
 
"Just give me all you have. I'll pay you back later." He held his hand out, and she gently placed the few thousand won she had in his hand. He smiled and kissed her cheek, "Thanks, Babe. I'll see you tomorrow."
 
"Bye, Min Min!"
 
"See ya later, Minji!"
 
All of Infinite ran off right behind him. Minji squealed as she touched her cheeks that had turned a bright red. She put her wallet back in her schoolbag and skipped back to Woohyun and Hyuna.
 
"Did you just give him money?" Woohyun asked suspiciously. Minji smiled and nodded as she fidgeted happily with her fingers.
 
Woohyun's face fell. *Now I know why he's dating her.* He wanted to run after L and punch him in the face. No. He wanted to do so much more than just 'punch him in the face'. But he didn't. He couldn't. Minji would hate him forever if he ever hurt her precious little boyfriend.
 
"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Hyuna smiled and waved when her car came around. *He's using her for money. That explains it all.*
 
"Byeeeee!" Minji beamed and waved excitedly while Woohyun was too busy staring at Minji to even care. Hyuna pouted at him. *What does he see in her? I'm cuter. I'm taller. I'm ier. I'm better in every way!* She sighed and got into her car.
 
"Bye, Woohyun! I'll see you tomorrow!" Minji waved as she skipped off. Woohyun blinked at her, "Where are you going? Your driver's not here yet." She stopped and turned to him. "I'm going to the library! And Mr. Choi's gone for the week since he left to Japan for his daughter's wedding!" She yelled back before she continued to skip.
 
"But..." Woohyun blinked again. *The library is really far and will take long if you're walking.* He blinked again when he saw her trip over her own foot. *And you're really clumsy.* He sighed and headed off in the opposite direction to his mansion.
 
"I'm home~" Woohyun yelled unenthusiastically as he stepped in. Maids greeted him and took his belongings up to his room.
 
"Woohyun-ah! Come here!" Jihyun yelled from the living room. He walked over and saw his parents and sister with 3 other people. He soon recognized them as Mr. Jung, Mrs. Jung, and Soyoung. Mrs. Jung is his mother's sister and Mr. Jung is his mother's brother-in-law while Soyoung is his first cousin.
 
Soyoung squealed and tackled him into a hug, "OPPPPPPAAAAA~!!!!" She buried her face into his chest to muffle her squeals, "IIIII MISSSSHHHED YUHHHH SOOOOOO MUUUUUCCHHHUH (I missed you so much)!!!!!!"
 
"Oh God." Woohyun face-palmed himself before he tried to pry her off him, but she wouldn't budge. "A little help here?" Woohyun hissed to Jihyun, who only smiled and sipped on her tea as she watched her brother became pale due to a lack of oxygen.
 
"So-Soyoung-ah. U-Um. Co-Could you l-let go?" Woohyun asked her nervously. She giggled and pulled her head out his chest, "Oppa! I missed you sooo much! Didn't you miss me, too?!"
 
"Uh. Yeah. Sure." He smiled and pushed her away before he went to greet her parents, "Ahjussi, Ahjumma... what are you guys doing here?" Woohyun tried to put on an happy tone, but it came out very depressed and unenthusiastic.
 
"They're going to be staying for a few weeks for Christmas!" Mrs. Nam squealed and clapped. Woohyun gaped at her, "...W-Weeks?" *That... 'thing' is going to be here for a few... weeks?!* He looked at Soyoung and went even paler.
 
Don't get him wrong! He loves his cousin. He does. It's just that she's a bit too... I don't know... hyper? Or maybe even... dangerous? Scary? Frightening? Crazy? Or maybe even all of those.
 
"That's right! Isn't that great?!" Soyoung squealed again before she tackled him into another hug. He laughed very dryly and sarcastically, "Ha. Ha... Ha...... Yeahhh. It sureeee is."
 
Over the quiet murmuring of the adults and loud squealing of his cousin, he could hear the raindrops outside get heavier by the second. His eyes went a bit wide. *It's raining.* He checked the time. *Is Minji still at the library? . And she has to walk home, too!* He remembered when he saw Minji give L money earlier.
 
"I have to go!" Woohyun blurted and ran to the door. He put his shoes on and tied the laces.
 
"Where?" Jihyun blinked at him. He grabbed an umbrella and ran out without an answer. He opened it just as the rain had started to fall twice as hard.
 
He shivered from the coldness but ran all the way to the library, which was thankfully quite close to his mansion. His shoes and socks became absolutely soaked with the rainwater. The bottom of his dress pants also became extremely wet. He tripped a few times due to the wet grounds but never fell or anything.
 
*Where is she?* He looked around the outside of the library as he panted heavily but couldn't find her. He was about to run inside the library until he saw her finally come out.
 
"Omo! It's raining!" Minji's face fell when she stepped out the library, only to feel the cold breeze and see the non-stop rain.
 
She had been listening to music when she was in the library, so she was unable to hear the loud pitter-patter of the rain. Okay. So she also fell asleep for an hour or so. Same thing... kind of... not really.
 
She put her hands over her head and ran down the wet steps of the library (and, yes, she did trip a few times and almost rolled down the stairs). She finally reached the last step and hopped off, which wasn't a good idea since she almost slipped. She yelped a bit as the rain began to drench her more but stopped running when she didn't feel raindrops hitting her anymore.
 
"Woohyun?" She blinked when she saw him hold the umbrella out for her.
 
She quickly pulled him underneath the umbrella, too, when she noticed the rain began to drench him. They had to stand really closely since the umbrella was quite small.
 
"What are you doing here?" She blinked at him again. He frowned at her, "You're an idiot. It's raining, yet you don't have an umbrella? You don't have an extra jacket either? Not even a hat? It's already 7PM. Why are you still here? Did you even eat yet? Were you seriously about to run all the way to your mansion? Do you even know how dangerous that is? Why did you run down the stairs? You tripped a billion times. Doesn't that teach you not to run down the stairs in the rain?" He attacked her with all these questions.
 
At first, she only blinked at him, but the goofiest smile broke out on her face. Woohyun stopped and blinked at her, "Why are you smiling? I don't see anything funny about this situation."
 
"I... didn't think you would worry over me so much..." She smiled at him, and his eyes turned gentle instantly.
 
"You're an idiot. Of course I would worry about you!" He cleared his throat and looked away because he felt embarrassed. Minji's eyes twinkled as she smiled softly, "Awww. That's so swee-"
 
"How could I not worry for an ahjumma like you? You probably don't even know the way back to your mansion." He smirked at her before he called a taxi over. Her face fell, but she eventually smiled again. *He wouldn't be Nam Woohyun if he didn't insult me.*
 
"Get in." Woohyun shoved her into the taxi and got in after he closed the umbrella. She only continued to smile at him. He blinked at her, "What?"
 
"Nothing." She hummed and looked out the window. He rolled his eyes to show how annoyed he was, but the smile on his face said otherwise.