Chapter Fifty One

When You Were Mine

The next day, Minji was beyond happy. She couldn't stop thinking about Woohyun. Seriously. She barely got, like, three hours of sleep. She mostly just rolled around in bed and squealed as she thought about Woohyun, Woohyun's greasiness, Woohyun's smile, Woohyun's eyes, Woohyun's abs (especially his abs).

 

This morning, she even had Aeyoung put make-up on for her and curl her hair. She even wore the flower pin that Woohyun had chosen for her when they went on a double-date with Hyuna and L.

 

She seriously couldn't wait to see Woohyun. She missed him so much, despite how she had seen him yesterday. Her heart started to speed up just thinking about him.

 

When she came to school, though, she was surprised to see how tense everyone was. Nobody really smiled or talked. They seemed so… depressed?

 

"Why’s everyone so sad?" Minji pouted to Infinite, who were also quiet. Sunggyu pouted, too, "No… It’s because… they are coming…"

 

"They? Who?" Minji blinked. L gave her a look. "Them." She blinked again. Then, it finally clicked. "W-Why?"

 

"Usually, for Sports Day, it’s homerooms versus other homerooms. This year, though, they thought it’d be fun to compete against another school…" Dongwoo explained, "That just happened to be TOP High…" Minji also soon tensed up.

 

Suddenly, they could hear loud bangs and screams and laughters. They all knew what that meant. The yellow buses that pulled into the front of the school confirmed it.

 

Everyone watched as dozens of students from TOP High hopped off and lauhged loudly and ignorantly.

 

"Woollim High! Nice!" Some guys whistled at the nice-looking academy that Infinite, Minji, Woohyun, and Hyuna attended.

 

"Damn! Whoa! Nice you got there!" One of the TOP High students winked at some girls, who frowned and walked off.

 

"Oh! Hyung! Hyung!" Another student hit this guy’s arm. "Look! It’s Infinite!" He howled with laughter. All the guys immediately turned and looked inside.

 

"Whoa! L, buddy, is that you?! Ha! I haven’t seen you in forever, bro!" They all snickered as they coolly walked over.

 

"Yeah. Since the last time I kicked your ." L rolled his eyes, and their smiles all disappeared.

 

"Well… Who is this little cutie?" They all looked at Minji and flashed her killer smiles that would have made her fan-girl, if she hadn’t known they were Infinite’s rival gang.

 

"Nobody you need to know about." L frowned at them. The guys all ‘oooh’-ed and ‘aaaah’-ed as they laughed.

 

"What’s this? What’s this? The cold-hearted gangster got himself a girl? And a hot one, at that!" One of them howled. Minji frowned, "I’m not his-"

 

"Let me introduce myself." He grabbed Minji’s hand and kissed it. "Hello, my dear! I’m Kim Taesung, but you can call me Tonight~" He winked as he kissed her hand again. Minji bit her lip and pulled her hand out before she wiped it on her skirt.

 

"That’s gotta be the oldest pick-up line in the book." L scoffed as he protectively pulled Minji behind him, "Can’t you be any more original? Not even your gang name is original. The Dragons? Really? More like The ." Infinite all cracked up, as well as every single other student that watched.

 

"What’d you just say?" Taesung raised a brow. L blinked at him, "You didn’t understand me? Well. I can’t expect someone with a peanut-sized brain, like you, to understand that. Let me rephrase it for you: YOU GUYS ARE ."

 

"Hey!" Taesung turned and snapped at the students that came from TOP High. They all stopped their laughter and looked down in shame.

 

"Look. I didn’t come here to fight." Taesung frowned at L. L raised a brow, "Even if you did, you would lose." Everyone snickered again.

 

"Bastard." Taesung yanked L forward and raised a fist. Hoya caught it before it could pound into L’s face. "Don’t forget who’s territory you’re in." He narrowed his eyes.

 

Taesung warily glanced around at all the Woollim High kids. He then looked back and saw only two and a half dozen students from TOP High, most of which were ty girls that were as thin as toothpicks. He rotated his shoulders and cleared his throat as he lowered his fist, "Whatever. I’m not going to waste my time on a pathetic bastard like you."

 

"Only losers would use pathetic excuses like that." L scoffed as Infinite all walked off.

 

The crowd all dispersed and headed into the field and gym, where the events were to take place. Minji was about to follow Infinite, but Taesung’s gang suddenly surrounded her.

 

"You’ve got real pretty hair." One of Taesung’s gang members smiled at Minji as he twisted her hair. She gulped and slapped his hand away, "T-Thank you?"

 

"You look really cute in that little uniform of yours." Another one winked at her as he played with the bottom of Minji’s skirt. Her eyes widened as she slapped his hand away and patted her skirt. "Thanks but-"

 

"I’d think she’d look a lot cuter without the uniform, if you know what I mean." The guys all burst into laughter as they continued to touch her.

 

"Come on, guys." Taesung shooed them all back. "Give the lady some space." He ordered as he turned to Minji and smiled, "What was your name again? Beautiful? Angel?" He winked as he grazed her cheek with his knuckles.

 

Suddenly, Taesung’s face whipped to the side as his body slammed into the lockers.

 

"Aw! Fuuuu-" He touched the corner of his lip and saw blood. "Who did that?!" He looked at his gang, and they frantically shook their heads. Before he could speak again, two hands grabbed his collar and slammed him against the lockers again.

 

"If you ever… ever touch her again…" L spat in Taesung’s face, "I’ll kill you… Is that understood?" Taesung didn’t reply, so he slammed Taesung into the lockers again. "Is. That. Under. Stood?" Taesung hissed but nodded. He was finally released and slid down against the lockers until his hit the floor. His gang all hurried over to him and helped him up.

 

"L…" Minji frowned. L grabbed her wrist and dragged her off. She could tell he was angry, by the way he gripped her wrist so tightly.

 

When he felt her wince, he finally stopped and let go. "I’m sorry…" L apologized softly.

 

"It doesn’t hur-"

 

"No… I’m sorry that I left you there." He nodded to Taesung and his gang. Minji smiled a bit and shook her head, "Well, you came back for me, right?" L softened and also smiled as they walked into the gym and sat next to Infinite.