Chapter Forty Four

When You Were Mine

"……What?" Minji froze, her hand still on the handle of the gate.

 

"Do you like me?" Woohyun asked again.

 

She stared at the handle of the gate but didn’t reply.

 

"Minji…" Woohyun called softly as he grabbed her hand, which sent electrifying jolts all throughout her body, and turned her to face him.

 

"Do you like me?" He asked again as he let go of her hand. She bit her lip and stared at the ground before she looked at him, "O-Of course I li-like you!" She laughed very dryly, and he raised a brow at her obvious fake-laugh, but she continued, "Y-You’re my best friend! O-Of course I li-like y-you!" She smiled nervously at him.

 

"No… I don’t mean it in that way." Woohyun frowned. Minji nervously flapped her arms at her side as she laughed even more nervously, "W-What oth-other way is t-th-there?"

 

"This way." He cupped her face and kissed her.

 

Minji’s eyes widened as she raised her arms and  touched his elbows. She was about to push him away… but didn’t. Instead, her eyes fluttered close, her lips moved with his, and her arms circled his neck.

 

 

Aeyoung, Soohyun, and Jaehwa all sat on the marble tiles. They all had their eyes widened and mouths opened as they loudly chewed the cookies and watched Minji and Woohyun converse through the screen.

 

"No. I don’t mean it in that way." Woohyun frowned.

 

"Then what way do you mean it?!" Aeyoung and Jaehwa both squeaked as they squirmed around in their seats. Soohyun rolled his eyes and shushed them, "Shut up! I can’t hear!" The two girls pouted and silently ate their cookies as they looked back at the screen.

 

"W-What oth-other way is t-th-there?" Minji asked nervously as she flapped her arms against her sides.

 

"This way." Woohyun cupped Minji’s face and kissed her.

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~!!!!!" Aeyoung jumped into the air and screamed. Jaehwa also stood up and screamed, at the same time, and they both fan-girled over the kiss, together.

 

"Yah! I think they heard you guys!" Soohyun laughed a bit when Woohyun and Minji pulled away almost instantly, startled by the random screams that came from the inside of the mansion.

 

"Aish! Look what you did! You ruined their moment!" Aeyoung shook her head. Jaehwa gaped at her, "You screamed, first!"

 

"Shut up, you crazy fan-girls." Soohyun hushed them and looked back at the screen.

 

Minji’s cheeks turned a bright red as she pushed Woohyun away. She ran back inside, accidentally tripped over a crack, and went into the mansion.

Woohyun stood there, dumb-founded at his own actions, as he touched his lips. His brain still unable to process the fact that he just kissed her, he turned around and zombie-walked down the street as his fingers still stayed on his lips.

 

"W-What happened?" Minji stuttered when she came into the mansion and saw cookies scattered all over the floor, where they sat directly in front of the screen.

 

"No! I don’t mean it in that way!" Aeyoung mimicked. Jaehwa played along and gasped dramatically, "What other way is there?!"

 

"This way!" Aeyoung and Jaehwa both hugged tightly and pretended to kiss as they closed their eyes and made kissy sounds.

 

Minji’s eyes widened as she gasped. Her face turned an even brighter shade of red, which she didn't know was possible. She buried her face in her hands, ran past them, tripped a few times, ran up the stairs, tripped some more, and ran into her room.

 

"You two are both idiots." Soohyun rolled his eyes as he smacked both Aeyoung’s and Jaehwa’s heads, and all three of them burst into laughter as they cleaned up the mess they made.