Chapter Twenty Nine

When You Were Mine

Everyone stood as still as statues as they waited for Mr. and Mrs. Lee's reaction on the situation. It was so quiet that all their heartbeats could be heard but so intense and awkward, at the same time.

 

Mr. Lee blinked at Woohyun. Woohyun blinked back. Mr. Lee blinked at Minji. Minji blinked back. Mr. Lee narrowed his eyes on his daughter’s swollen eyes and puffy cheeks. He then glanced at the bandages on his daughter’s elbows.

 

Mr. Lee's eyes went wide in realization. The way his daughter had cried all night. The way his daughter had cuts on her arm. The way his daughter was in bed with a boy. There was only one possible reason......................

 

"You my daughter?!" Mr. Lee suddenly accused Woohyun. Woohyun’s eyes went wide. "W-What?! N-No! I-"

 

"Then how did her eyes swell so much? Then where did these cuts on her arm come from? You dare to and abuse MY daughter?! Yeobo! Call the police!" Mr. Lee told his wife as he rolled up his sleeves and ran towards Woohyun. Woohyun screamed as he jumped onto the bed and ran to the other side, "S-Sir! I-It’s not li-like that! I-"

 

"Then why did she cry? Then why does she have cuts? Then why are you in bed with her?! Huh?! Huh?!" Mr. Lee started to strangle Woohyun, and Woohyun started to choke and turn pale.

 

"A-Appa!" Minji gasped and slapped her father’s hands away.

 

As soon as his hands were released, Woohyun face-planted into the bed, rolled onto his back, and panted heavily as his brain tried to process what the hell just happened.

 

"Yeobo, you need to calm your overly-dramatic down." Mrs. Lee sighed and slapped the back of her husband’s head. Mr. Lee stared at her in shock. "He... He... He our daughter! How could I calm down?!"

 

"Appa!" Minji bit her lip as she fanned Woohyun, who looked ready to pass out.

 

"If he didn’t you, then why are you crying?!" Mr. Lee glared at Woohyun. Woohyun awkwardly grabbed a pillow with Shindong's face and covered his own face with it, as if Shindong would protect him from the wrath of the over-protective father.

 

"Why am I crying?" Minji blinked as she tried to recall why.

 

When she remembered what happened at L’s party, her bottom lip tembled before she burst into tears. She cried hard and loud as she buried her face into her hands.

 

"HA! SO YOU DID HER!" Mr. Lee yanked Woohyun up and raised a fist. Soohyun, Aeyoung, and Jaehwa couldn't take it anymore and burst into laughter.

 

"What’s so funny?" Mr. Lee frowned at the trio. Soohyun wiped an invisible tear and laughed, "It’s just… you’re so… overly-dramatic…" Jaehwa nodded in agreement. Aeyoung started to hit Jaehwa's arm as she laughed harder, "It's... because... Woohyun... is... so cute..." She was so tired that the last part came out as a whisper.

 

"Woohyun is what?" Mr. Lee blinked at her, since he didn't hear that last part. Woohyun felt nervous and stared at a poster of a shirtless Siwon. *Is that a new poster?* He smiled at the poster. *Minji is so erted.*

 

Mr. Lee followed Woohyun’s gaze. He looked at the smile on Woohyun's face and the shirtless Siwon before he gasped in sudden understanding, "Oh! Now I know why everyone’s saying that I’m being overly-dramatic! It’s because you’re gay! I’m so sorry!" He immediately let go of Woohyun’s collar.

 

"...........What?" Woohyun blinked, to make sure he heard correctly. Mr. Lee fixed his tie. "I'm sorry. I overreacted. If I had known your ual preference, I wouldn't have gone all 'over-protective-father' on you. I just... care about my daughter a lot, so I tend to jump to conclusions..." He rolled his sleeves back down.

 

"....................What?" Woohyun furrowed his brows in confusion. "...What...? Where...? How...? Where... did you get that idea?!"

 

"My little angel! Why are you crying?!" Mr. Lee threw Woohyun off the bed, sat down, and hugged his crying daughter. Mr. Lee looked around for his missing wife and rolled his eyes when he saw her staring at that shirtless Siwon. "Yah. Mrs. Lee. Stop being a creep, and come comfort your daughter!" He scolded her.

 

"Oh, right!" Mrs. Lee turned around and opened her arms dramatically. "Come to mommy!" She nearly fell when Minji ran into her arms and cried harder. "What's wrong, sweetie?" Mrs. Lee gazed longingly at the Siwon poster as she Minji's hair.

 

"W-Woo-Woohyun..." Minji sniffled and turned to face Woohyun. Mr. Lee gaped at him, "Y-You...?"

 

"Wh-What?! No!" Woohyun shook his head frantically. Minji tackled him into a hug and cried into his chest, "I-I... do-don't..."

 

"Okay... You want me to tell them?" He asked as he hugged her back. She sniffled and nodded against his chest.

 

"Arasso. Go freshen up. Your face is so hideous that it's scaring me." He bluntly told her. She whined and hit his chest but laughed lightly before she ran to the bathroom.

 

Woohyun only told everyone a vague explanation of what happened. Because he wasn't at the party and she didn't talk about it last night, he only knew the important part: L cheated on her with Hyuna. Just at the mention of L and Hyuna, Woohyun already felt his anger begin to boil as his fists already began to clench.

 

"Awwww! My poor baby!" Mrs. Lee sniffled. Mr. Lee only blinked at Woohyun, "Well....... That doesn't explain why you were sleeping with my daughter." His face was expressionless but his voice filled with suspicion.

 

"U-Um..." Woohyun uncomfortably shifted in his seat as he sipped on hot chocolate. Mr. Lee narrowed his eyes. "Do you like Minji?"

 

Woohyun's eyes popped out as he hot chocolate poured out of his mouth and back into the cup. He was so taken aback by the sudden question and didn't know how to answer, so he didn't. Instead, he continued to cough and wipe his mouth with a napkin as he ignored the disgusted look Mr. and Mrs. Lee gave him.

 

"W-Woo-Woohyun!" Minji's voice was very soft and quiet but filled with a pain that made Woohyun's heart break. She ran down the stairs, tripped a few times, and shakily handed him his phone.

 

Woohyun's eyes changed as soon as he saw her. They were no longer filled with his hatred and anger towards L and Hyuna but love and warmth. He felt himself melt at how cute she looked, despite the fact her eyes were swollen and cheeks were puffy.

 

Minji didn't have her glasses on. With a black pin, her long side bangs were clipped back as the rest of her hair was tied into a low side-ponytail that rested on her left shoulder. She had on a black tank top, a black off-the-shoulder sweater, black shorts, and black knee-socks.

 

Others may have seen her outfit quite depressing, with all the dark colors and whatnot, which matched her current mood, but Woohyun found it adorably y. Even with swollen eyes, he still thought her eyes were mesmerizing and beautiful. Even with puffy cheeks, he still thought she looked unbelievably cute like a cute little chipmunk.

 

Mr. Lee raised his brow at Woohyun. He took notice of the change in Woohyun's eyes. He took notice of the smile on Woohyun's face. Mr. Lee suddenly smiled and shook his head but kept silent.

 

"Aren't you going to answer your phone?" Mrs. Lee blinked at Woohyun, who was too focused on Minji's 'adorable' yet swollen eyes.

 

"Woohyun." Minji poked his arm. He snapped out of it and smiled at her, "Huh?" She pointed to his phone. He looked at it and cleared his throat, "O-Oh..." He hurriedly bowed and left the room.