INEVITABLE

S.W.A.G.(secretly we are gay) (Discontinued)

TAEYEON’S POV

A knock on the door made me stop on my thoughts, I did not even lift my head as I heard the creaking noise from the door.

“you okay?”

Though it’s been weeks, Yuri’s concerned voice made me want to cry then and there.

“it’s inevitable.”  I hugged my knees closer to my chest.

Yuri hummed silently, probably not knowing what to say to make me feel better.

“Ice cream?” I titled my head towards her, a small smile gracing my face.

“will it make you smile?” The way she asked me so sincerely was enough to make me smile.

I nodded with a sincere smile.

“Ice cream it is then.” She stood up from the bed and went to the door. “go change, I’ll be waiting at the living room.”

The door was closed once again and as much as I wanted to forget about the news this morning, the truth is still the truth, everybody knows about Tiffany’s relationship with Nickhun.

It’s just the confirmation that was needed anyways.

Tiffany has been quietly open with her relationship with khun. That picture of her during our ‘oh’ promotions during 2010. That was a picture where she was wearing the lock necklace. It was sweet for locksmiths but the truth was, Tiffany was wearing another necklace under it. She was wearing a couple necklace with him. They had been subtly obvious with their relationship. They would have the couple stuffs used at the same period of time but thanks to TaeNy it was all covered.

Maybe it was just all in my head. Maybe TaeNy was never real….it was made to hide.

I look towards the door, took a deep breath and went to change my clothes.

When I arrived at the living room I saw Yuri talking with Tiffany. I cleared my throat to catch their attention.

“gosh, what took you so long?” Yuri rolled her eyes.

Tiffany looked at me then to Yuri.

“You guys going somewhere?” she made it sound that the question was addressed to both of us but she was only looking at me.

“yeah, Taeyeon wanted Ice cream plus we’ll go shopping for some clothes.” Yuri smiled.

Tiffany looked like she wanted to say something but she just kept mum.

“let’s go Yul.” I dragged Yuri to the door.

“Tae!” Tiffany called.

Yuri nudged me and whispered. “I’ll wait outside.” She waved goodbye at Tiffany before closing the door.

“I’m sorry.” She said with her head bowed down.

“what for?” I asked.

“you haven’t talked to me since the news broke out. I know you’re hurt and….”

“Tiffany, I said I’m fine. For the nth time I’m fine.” I cut her words.

She looked up at me, meeting my eyes.

“your actions tells me otherwise.”

“Look, I still love you, okay. But it doesn’t change the fact that you’re still his girlfriend. You don’t have to say sorry to me, If there’s someone who needs to be sorry, that would be me. I shouldn’t have told you all those stuffs knowing you’re in a relationship. I…I shouldn’t have confessed. I’m sorry.”

She went a step closer and I took one step back.

“I have to go.” I said as I open the door, wanting to run out of the situation I’m in.

“Taeyeon-ah…will you be back?” She mumbled.

Knowing what she meant, I look at her one more time and nodded before closing the door.

……..

“Froyo?” Yuri asked as she drives. “I thought you want ice cream?”

“Can’t I change my mind?”

“ooooh. I sense angst.” She glanced at me.

“Shut up, Yul.” I pretended to sulk on my seat.

Yuri giggled and the radio.

The loud music was enough to drown my thoughts.

“ahhh…Taeyeon-ah?” Yuri started out carefully.

I look at her and raised an eyebrow.

“if this is about Tiffany, just save it.” I sighed as I ran my finger through my hair on a tired manner.

“Ani! Ani!” she quickly said.

“then what is it?” I asked curiously.

“Krystal…she’s..she’s the one who’s sending me the letters.”

“WHAT?”

The car swerved a little when I shouted.

“Krystal? Soojung-ah? Our Jessica’s Soojung?”

Yuri nodded timidly.

“aigoo~ what a twist.” I let out a chuckle.

“I know right? She’s always so mean and disrespectful to me.” Yuri shook her head.”ahhh…Taeyeon-ah?”

I gave her a sharp look.

“Yah! Yuri-ah! Stop using that tone. You’re making me nervous.” I warned her. “Spill it.”

She nodded.

“Krystal and I….”

I gasped.

“ Yul, stop this car.”

She gave me a terrified look.

“Are you gonna lecture me about this?” she asked.

“Hell, yes!”

“Then I won’t stop.”

“Stop it or I’ll mess up with your driving.”

She sighed in defeat and pulled in a corner. I spoke as soon as the car stopped.

“What the hell are you thinking? Actually you were not thinking.” I scolded her.

“Look, she was the one who wanted this. She said she’ll help me get over Jessica.”

“You’re the older person here. You should’ve at least considered that she’s still Jessica’s sister. Omo, Jessica would go berserk about this.” Imagining an angry Jessica had always made me terrified, aigooooo~

“I messed up.” Yuri ruffled her hair.

I put a hand on her shoulder.

“do you like her? Krystal I mean.”

Yuri looked at me as she thinks for a moment.

“I told you, she’s mean and disrespectful to me. The kid doesn’t even call me unnie. But…..”

“if you’re gonna tell me that you see Jessica in her then you should really stop, Yul.”

Yuri went silent.

“she asked me for one month. Can we at least try?”

“Yuri, you’re just going to hurt both, yourself and Krystal.”

“I won’t hurt her.” I saw the sincerity on Yuri’s face.

“Intentionally, yes. But what if one month passes and nothing has changed?”

Yuri went silent.

“Taeyeon-ah can you just please trust me with this?” she gripped the steering wheel tighter as she look at me, her eyes pleading.

“Fine, but isn’t she dating someone?”

“Rumors, she said.”

I nodded my head.

“Arasso, if this is what you want, then I’ll be at your back. Just..just be careful.”

Yuri nodded with a smile.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” I patted her head.

…..

“what are we? A couple?”

Yuri was insisting we get a matching stuff, a shirt, a cap or anything that matches.

“Ani, I think it’s just cute that we get to have something in common.” She explained.

“We both like girls, that’s enough for us to have in common.”

“Taeyeon-ah~” Yuri whined.

“oh, Taeyeon!”

Yuri and I whipped our head from the direction of the voice.

“Janhae?” I said surprised at her sudden appearance.

Janhae is my co-endorser for b-ing. Cute kid, I remember how Tiffany sulked about me going to Thailand to shoot a commercial with Janhae.

“Hi!” she waved at us.

“what brings you here?” I smiled at her.

“work stuffs.” She answered.

I felt Yuri nudging me on the side.

“ah, Janhae, this is Yuri.” Yuri bowed at her and smiled.

“Hi, Yuri. I’m Janhae. I’m from Thailand. Taeyeon’s co-endorser.” Janhae bowed too.

“omo, Taeyeon-ah she’s cuter in person.” Yuri giggled.

I remember on checking some Instagram pictures of Janhae and showing it to Yuri.

I elbowed Yuri.

“Yuri..” I called her name in a warning voice but she just stuck her tongue out at me.

“uh, Janhae. Are you with somebody?” Yuri asked as she look around.

“nope. My team went on different places. I’m just strolling around.”

“great! Why don’t you just go with us. Taeyeon and I are just about to eat some froyo.” Yuri excitedly said.

I gave Yuri a look.

She mouthed me with a ‘what?’

“uh, thanks but I guess I’ll just go around the place. I don’t want to disturb you or something.” She politely declined.

Yuri was glaring at me now.

Aish!

“I insist Janhae. I think it would be nice to have you as a company around the city. Come with us please?”

She bit her lip shyly, trying to weigh things.

“are you sure I wouldn’t be a burden?”

“nope.” I smiled to assure her. “let’s go?”

She nodded shyly as I lead her the way.

We entered the froyo shop and chose a table overlooking the passing cars and walking people.

“I’ll go order now.” Yuri volunteered.

Janhae and I nodded.

I look at Janhae as she watch the people passing by.

“how long are you staying here?”

She look at me and shrugged.

“one week? I guess.” She scratched her head.

I chuckled at her cute expression.

“sooo, have you went around the city?”

She shook her head.

“It’s just my second day here actually.”

Aigoo.. I don’t know what to say….Yuri where are you?!

“Seoul is pretty big, you should have a company in touring around the city.”

“yeah. I’ll remember that.” She giggled.

Yuri arrived with a tray of froyo.

“here’s for you, Taengoo and here’s for you Janhae-ssi.” Yuri smiled as she handed Janhae her froyo.

We talked for some more time when suddenly someone went on our table.

We all look at the person on hoodie. Her eyes we’re covered with sunglasses.

We all stopped eating when she sat beside Yuri.

Yuri and I froze when she removed her sunglasses.

“Krystal?” “Soojung?”

She removed her hoodie and shrugged.

“why are you here?” Yuri was over the initial shock.

“Manager oppa saw you ordering and since my schedule for today is over, here I am.” She smiled.

“Hi Taeyeon unnie and…”

“Janhae.” Janhae offered her hand and Krystal shook it with a smile.

“I’m Krystal. Nice to meet you.”

“nice to meet you too.” Janhae smiled back at Krystal.

“what are you guys doing here?” Krystal asked.

“uh, Yuri and I was just strolling around the we saw Janhae and now here we are.” I explained.

Krystal nodded.

“Taeyeon unnie, can I just borrow Yuri for the rest of the day?” Krystal pouted a bit.

“uh…sure, I guess?”

I saw Yuri shaking her head but too late, I just said its fine.

“yey! Let’s go Yuri.” Krystal pulled Yuri with her.

“I’ll see you at home.” She threw her car keys at me “go take my baby, don’t dare to put a teeny tiny scratch on her” she warned. “ it was nice meeting you Janhae. Enjoy your stay here.” She said at her.

“nice to meet you too. I will, thanks.” She smiled before waving goodbye.

When Yuri and Krystal had left I spoke.

“let’s go?” I grabbed my froyo and stood up.

“where?” Janhae asked with her spoon trapped between her lips.

“around the city. I’ll be your company slash personal tour guide.” I grinned while pointing myself.

…..

“I’m hungry. Are you hungry?” I was pouting a bit as I look at Janhae.

She chuckled and with a pout she nodded her head back at me.

I have brought her around the popular places around the city and it was time for dinner when we have decided to end our mini tour. We were never close to be honest but out of politeness I have agreed to tour her around the place and hey! It’s not that bad. She’s not that bad. She’s really pretty inside, out.

“Where do you want to eat?” I asked her.

“Certainly on a plate.” She answered.

I gave her a look and we both laughed.

“Witty.” I remarked with a grin.

“Anywhere will be fine.” She answered.

I nodded and I pulled in to the nearest restaurant.

I almost dragged Janhae inside the restaurant,  we were laughing when we entered the restaurant, good thing there we’re only a few people and I’m a regular here so it’s not actually a big deal that I’m here.

“Are you really that hungry? You actually dragged me inside this place.” She shook her head with a smile.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Taeyeon-ssi!”

Seriously, why am I so in demand for this day?

Lazily, I look around the place for whoever called me. I saw a guy waving his hands frantically at me.

“Isn’t that Nickhun?” Janhae asked me.

I gulped. Damn!

“I think so. Let’s go.” We went to his table and there was Tiffany.

Omo! Aigoo~ Aish! Heol~

“Hi, Khun.” I waved at him. “ Hi, Fany.” I nodded at her.

I frowned when I saw her looking at somewhere and when I traced the line of her vision, I realised that I was holding Janhae’s hands, entwined actually.

I cleared my throat and slowly slipped my hands away from Janhae’s

“why don’t you just sit with us?” Nickhun offered.

Tiffany and I we’re both about to protest but Nickhun said that he was insisting.

Another two chairs we’re brought, Nickhun transferred beside Tiffany and I was unfortunately seated infront of Tffany, with Janhae beside me, opposite Nickhun.

While waiting for the foods to arrive, Janhae and Nickhun seems to be quite into a conversation since both are from Thailand, leaving me and Tiffany in an awkward position.

I fiddled with the spoon on the table when I felt a slight knock on my leg.

I look up and saw Tiffany looking at me. I raised both my eyebrows to say ‘what?’

She sighed and shook her head.

Our orders arrived and some more casual talking was exchanged.

The dinner ended, with Nickhun paying everything for us.

“thanks for the spontaneous dinner, Khun.” I chuckled at him.

He smiled. “that was nothing.”

“Thanks, Nickhun. It was nice meeting you. And you to Tiffany. Nice to meet a lovely couple like you.” Janhae smiled at them.

Tiffany bowed and thanked her.

“are you okay Tiff?” Nickhun asked when he noticed the gloomy look on Tiffany’s face.

“just feeling a bit tired, that’s all.” She made a small smile.

“uhm, we’ll get going now, Taeyeon, Janhae. Tifany’s not feeling pretty well.”

I nodded.

“will you be riding with us back home, Taeng? I haven’t seen your car around.” Tiffany asked.

“I have Yuri’s car, plus I have to send this kid back first.” I ruffled Janhae’s hair.

Janhae pouted and elbowed me.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and said.

“let’s go Nick, I feel like barfing.” She strutted towards Nickhun’s car.

We bid our goodbyes and while heading to Yuri’s car, Janhae asked.

“is Tiffany okay?”

“yeah, I guess so. Let’s go.” I opened her side of the door.

“are you okay?” she asked.

“why won’t I be?” I gave her a questioning look.

She shrugged.

“I’m just asking.” she walked ahead of me and said. “I’m a TaeNy shipper by the way.” She stuck her tongue out and her eyes bended as she smiled.

…..

“I told you Fany. All I know is that they’re good friends.” I heard Yuri’s voice when I entered the house.

“why were they holding hands?” Tiffany asked.

“friends do that, we do that. Don’t make a big deal out of it, girl.” Yuri stopped on her track. “hi, Taeng.”

Tiffany froze on her place and Yuri was now sipping on her tea while looking back and forth at Tiffany and me.

“this tea makes me sleepy, goodnight guys.” Yuri faked a yawn before walking to her room.

“milk?” Tiffany asked while showing her glass of milk.

I shook my head. “no, thanks.” I was about to go to when she stopped me by calling my name.

“do you still like me?” she asked hesitantly.

I nodded my head.

“please say it.” She walk closer to me.

“I still do.” I look into her eyes.

“will you still wait?” her voice cracked a bit.

“I’ll try but truth be told I don’t have forever.”

I left her standing there.

………….

A/N

see what I did there? jantae! lol