Brighter

Dating Daddy's little girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The room was filled with stalls of sobbing women and suspicious looking men talking into phones. On the other side would be a man in an orange jump suit. I was led to an empty seat with a glass I front of me. When someone was seated in front of me I took the phone on the wall and placed it on the wall.

            “Hey.” His voice was dry and hoarse.

            “How long will the trials be?” I got straight to the point.

            “For a few months.”

            “Ugh, great. I had better things to do.” I scoffed.

            “Like what?”

            “Well if you haven’t heard, I have my wedding to plan.”

            “W-wedding?”

            “Don’t bother getting upset because mom’s blessing is already enough.”

            “I wasn’t going to protest.”

            I gave him a queer look. “You weren’t?”

            “He seems to make you happy. That’s all I want for you.”

            “Good.”

            There was a long silence. We just stared at each other with black phones to our ears. Something inside me tugged and I just knew I couldn’t keep this strong front.

            “I wish you could be the one to lead me down the aisle.” I admitted.

            “I do too, but sadly your father is stupid and won’t be able to make it to your wedding. I won’t be there for a while.”

            “You’ll make it through. We are Ahn’s and we can power through everything.”

            He smiled at the familiar words he once spoke to me so long ago.

            “So, where’s the rock?” he asked to lighten the mood. I held up my left hand and showed him my ring. “It’s nice, not as big as the one I got your mother though.”

            I normally would’ve gotten mad but I laughed. “Well mom’s ring could sink her to the bottom of the ocean. Zelo knows I like simple things.”

            “I wish I could have formally met him. I have to admit that when I found out you were seeing him, I disapproved greatly.”

            “I know, with his past and all he doesn’t seem great but he is the only person I would be committed to.”

            “He does seem changed. You do too.”

“We both changed for the better.”

“You better send me pictures of your wedding. I want to see you in your beautiful dress with a bright smile on your face.”

“I will. I wish I knew what my dress looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter