Next move

Dating Daddy's little girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Minah’s point of view)

            Zico and I walked into the studio together, again. Because the press is still stalking us around we have to be together all the time or at least go out in public every once in a while. Today was going to be another long day with just Yong Guk, Zico and I in the studio because Zelo has decided to tag along. He arrived with Yong Guk through the back while Zico and I came through the front which was flocked by paparazzi. Once in the elevator I took a step away from Zico, whose shoulder was pressed against mine.

            “What? Afraid your boyfriend will see?”

            “Yeah, wouldn’t want him to punch you in the face again.” I said looking up at the numbers above the doors slowly moving up.

            “I won’t let that happen twice.”

            “Let’s hope not. To know that the leader of Block B was beat by BAP’s maknae would be a big hit to your ego.”

            “I still can’t see how you love him.”

            “Well you should get your eyes checked then. It’s pretty clear.”

            “What is it you love about him exactly?” he asked.

            “Everything.” I answered plainly.

            “Yeah right, there must be one thing that drives you off the walls. I mean you guys were totally opposite. Rich girl with her momma’s looks and her daddy’s money and the personality of a saint. Or at least you were.” He looked me up and down then a look beamed across his face as if he just figured out a problem. “He changed you.”

            “And?”

            “No wonder your father hates him so much. He changed Daddy’s little girl into a rebellious girl trying to bring down her own father. Dating the bad boy, going against his rules, being a big girl.”

            “That’s exactly what happened but all for the good.” I felt tears blur my eyes as I got more and more upset. Thankfully the elevator door opened and I stepped out before they could fully open.

            I strut down the hallway, trying to get to Zelo as soon as possible. He was standing right outside the studio door leaning against the wall. He looked at me and smiled and I quickly smiled and ran into his arms so he wouldn’t see me on the verge of crying.

            “I hate this.” I snuggled my cheek on his chest.

            “I do too.” I saw him look up, which meant Zico was coming. “And I think you’re not going to like who else is inside.” His mutter made me look up in suspicion. Just by one look I knew. Our minds were almost on the wavelength that we could mentally communicate the way Soya and I do.

            “Who’s here?” Zico asked.

            “Your boss.” Zelo answered.

            I grasped the door knob and yanked it open. Yong Guk, who was in front of the computer, and my father, who was on the couch, both jumped.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I was-“

            “Not you.” I interrupted Yong Guk. “You.”

            “I’m here to see what progress the boys are making. What are you doing here?”

            “I’m BAP’s music producer.”

            “You are?”

            “Yes.”

            “There’s so much I don’t know. Maybe we should have some dinner and catch up.”

            “I have an album to produce so maybe next time.” I rolled my eyes and sat on the love seat next to Zelo. “So Yong Guk, what have we got so far?” I relaxed myself. When it came down to business, we were all content, drama or not.

            “I’ve got one song down, we just need lyrics and I was going to go over it with Zico.”

            “Alright, let’s hear it.” I leaned against Zelo and rested my head down on his shoulder.

            “Could you have some respect for your father and not show so much skin ship in front of me?”

            If looks could kill I know the one I gave my father could have. I saw deep in his eyes that he almost cowered, and this was a professional business and deal making man.

            “Could you have some respect for us and not interrupt while we’re working?” he put his hands up in defeat and sat back. “Anyway, play it.”

            We worked for a good few hours and my father said nothing. When Zelo and I would talk or hug he would glare and I knew it pissed him off so I never stopped. I don’t know why he’s there, I’m not going to talk to him and he isn’t of any use because he doesn’t know a single thing about music. He’s a business CEO, sure it isn’t the most ethical business, but business is all he knows. This is why I have such a knack for it as well.

            “So, who wants to go out for lunch?” Zico asked.

            “Can’t, we have practice.” Yong Guk declined, even though we didn’t have any schedules at all.

            “Then how about you girlfriend?” he asked me.

            “Not your girlfriend.” Zelo wrapped an arm around me protectively.

            “Once we walk out those doors she is.”

            “Guys.” I growled.

            “Stop it. You’re not her boyfriend.” My father stood up and pointed a finger at Zico, and then he turned to Zelo. “And neither are you.”

            “Yes he is.” I looked up at him coldly. On the outside I seemed calm but everyone in the studio could tell I was a ticking time bomb.

            “He did not ask my permission and I do not approve.”

            “Last time I checked, this was the twenty- first century and I didn’t ask for your permission. Asking if I can date someone I love is so old fashioned.”

            “He never even asked if he could have my blessings for this so called marriage. I am still your father.”

            “I claimed that you were not my father anymore way before we decided this so technically I have no father to receive blessings from.” I stood up and was about to his eye level. “Enough with the dancing around, because you are cutting it close. I will not be tolerating the fake dating, the criminal daddy, and stress any longer.”

            “What do you plan on doing?” he asked.

            “Being the daughter of a business man has taught me many things. Never let the competition know your plans, plan and strategize for success, and-“ I stepped up closer. “- always be ahead of the game. But.” I stepped back and gave him a pitiful look. “You’re no competition, more like a pawn in the game.”

            I left without grabbing Zelo or even glancing at Zico. I didn’t even get to see the look of shock or anger on my father’s face. He thought I was just being a delinquent and going against his rules, but no, this goes way deeper. The gracious and loving man who raised me was gone because all I see now is the head to illegal schemes that ripped apart our family. I plan to bring him to justice and to heal what he has damaged.

            At home, I was sitting in the living room with Soya eating ice cream, my usual comfort food. I’ve been eating so much ice cream because of the stress I swear I’m getting fatter.

            “So is operation Illusion in action?” she asked.

            “I think so.” I jabbed my ice cream.

            “When’s your next fake date with Zico?”

            “Not soon I hope. He’s been getting more and more reckless and intimate and he’s pushing his luck.”

            “Ugh, he makes me sick. He tried getting some information out of me about you.”

            “Like what?”

            “Favorite color, favorite flowers, dream date, and other things like that.”

            “Purple, tiger lilies, beach date.” Zelo came in and plopped next to me on the sofa.

            “And that’s why I love you.” I leaned on his shoulder.

            “I can’t believe you guys have been together for three years already.” Soya sighed.

            “That means you and Himchan have been together for three years too.”

            “True, but you guys still seem the way you were before; young, naïve, and unsure about tomorrow.”

            “T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter