Unusual Sadness

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

 

I woke up at 6:30 as the light shone through my windows, lighting up the room. The curtains where open. I opened my eyes slowly, and noticed that I was sleeping on the floor. The room smelt strongly of paint. I lifted up my head and stretched, noticing paint all over my arms and in my hair.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed. The room was half painted a light blue colour. I scratched my head and smiled, remembering my painting efforts last night. I'd stayed up quite late, trying to paint and redecorate my whole room. There were bottles of coke and packets of sweets everywhere. I stood up and looked at the time. 6:35.
 
"Aw man!!" I ran into the bathroom and turned the shower on, turning the temperature up high. Playing a song on my iPod, I jumped in the shower...well not literally but you know...and tried to get as much of the paint out of my hair as possible. It was a Japanese song playing. 
 
"Hot hot hot hot!" I cried, turning the temperature down a little bit. As soon as Limited Addiction, by Tokyo Girls' Style finished I jumped out of the shower and quickly dryed by hair. I ran to my bedroom, of course slipping on the way there, and put my uniform on quickly. Hopefully my hair would be dry by the time I got to school.
 
I picked up my school bag and iPod and jumped downstairs again. I ran into the kitchen and looked at the clock 6:45. I took a mini loaf of sweet bread and my mum passed me a cup of hot chocolate.
 
"How will you be today d'you think?" She asked, eating fruit salad.
 
"Um...Good I think. As long as I don't mess up somewhere!" I drank my hot chocolate and reached for my toothbrush. It had been left in the kitchen because I always sleep in...it saves some time at least. I waved goodbye to my mum and ran out of the house and down the street towards the metro stop.
 
Again, it was crowded, with ahjumma's taking up all the seats, because they had some important quest or something which meant they had to sit on the seats of the metro all day. I held on to the banisters, wondering if Zelo was coming on today. I didn't know if I wanted to see him or not. Yes and No. No because of all the things he said about me yesterday. And Yes...but I didn't know why. I just spent the whole ride, hoping he would turn up. But he didn't.
 
I walked towards the school and found Himchan standing by the gate, which made me smile instantly.
 
"Morning!"
 
"Morning Himchan!" I waved to him and we walked into the school.
 
"So yeah, I'm making sure you keep your promise and sit with us today. All of us. All of today."
 
"Yah! You're making me feel like I don't have a choice." I laughed. Himchan grabbed my arms and turned me around to face him with a very serious expression.
 
"You don't." I looked at him, not sure if he was joking or being serious. He didn't even smile. I looked blankly at him, before he started grinning.
 
"Well, put it this way. You could leave us and I'd get us all to follow you." I smiled and stuck my tongue out. 
 
"You certianly would not follow me everywhere!" I laughed.
 
"How much do you want to bet?"
 
"How much you wanna bet you can't get Daehyun into the girls' toilets?" Himchan's expression blanked before quickly changing to a smile.
 
"Good point. I could get Yongguk in though."
 
"Really?"
 
"He went in before you know?"
 
"What? Are you serious?"
 
"Yup. There was a girl in there he wanted, but she was applying make-up so he just walked in and asked for her number."
 
"Ah...there is no length Yongguk won't go to for the girl he loves." I laughed.
 
"Well there is one thing he won't do but...I forget! Let's sit down!" I hadn't noticed that we where now inside the school. Himchan dragged me to the middle table and we sat next to Jongup who was sleeping on the table.
 
"Aish! This kid doesn't seem to get much sleep." I laughed and shook Jongup.
 
"Jongup? Jongup! Jongup sunbae!! Wake up now." 
 
"That is not how you do it." I jumped slightly as I heard Youngjae and Daehyun laughing behind me. Daehyun held my shoulders laughing as Youngjae crept up to Jongup and whispered in his ear.
 
"Just watch this." Daehyun laughed quietly to me and Himchan shook his head.
 
"This again? Is this the only tactics you know Youngjae?" He scoffed.
 
"Yes...but it worked on you Himchan hyung if you don't remember!" I noticed Himchan blush and look away. Youngjae leaned back towards Jongup.
 
"Oppa~ Oppa~ Wake up...Please wake up Oppa! Let's go out now yes? Why are you sleeping on our date? Oppa~ If you don't wake up I'll have to kiss you. Hehehehe!" Youngjae whispered in a very cute aegyo voice. I widened my eyes at Youngjae's very convincing act. I would have fallen for it.
 
"H-Himchan? You fell for this?" I asked Himchan, pointing at Youngjae who was laughing. Himchan shook his hands at me and covered my eyes, while doing some hand gesture to Youngjae.
 
"Well...I didn't fall for the aegyo. But I did wake up when Youngjae happened to kiss me!"
 
"What?!" I looked at Youngjae. "Youngjae? Are you...you know..."
 
"No! No! No! I'm not!" Youngjae shouted and sat down next to sleeping Jongup. Daehyun was still laughing. *Daehyun is the guy that always laughs. He never seems to stop laughing!*
 
"He certianly is not gay...remember how he acted towards you yesterday when you laughed?"
 
"Shut up! That was not my fault at all!"
 
"Well if you don't mind..." I jumped again and saw Yongguk standing behind Daehyun, standing behind me.
 
"Yah! Yongguk you made her jump!" Daehyun laughed, still holding my shoulders. Yongguk put his hand on my arm and leaned to face me.
 
"Why is that?" He asked in his thundering voice. *These guys seem to like skinship a lot.* I thought, feeling Daehyun's hands on my shoulders and Yongguk on my arm.
 
"Because of your deep voice, it's like an earthquake!" Yongguk walked passed and sat down opposite me.
 
"And what's your opinion on earthquakes?"
 
"Scary and powerful." I tapped my head and nodded.
 
"Good. That was what I was going for." Yongguk looked at his phone and started texting. *He is always texting. He is either very popular texting many people, or not so popular, texting one person.*
 
"Jongup is still sleeping." I pointed out. We all looked at him and sighed. He was sleeping like a child.
 
"Oh well, he needs to wake up for class." Yongguk laughed and walked up behind Jongup and lifted up his chair. Jongup jumped and woke up quickly, crouching on the floor.
 
"What the hell are you doing Yongguk!?"
 
"Waking you up...sleeping in school is not good for you Jongup."
 
Jongup sat back on the chair and looked towards the door.
 
"Zelo's here." He said. I felt my heart jump a bit and debated looking or not. If I did then he might think I was forgiving him, but if I didn't, he might think I was being a coward. Maybe I was over thinking it. I felt everyone's eyes looking at me.
 
"What?" I asked, pretending not to notice much. Himchan coughed.
 
"Well, yesterday...you know."
 
"What about it?"
 
"We're worried you're gonna burst into tears or something again." Youngjae said. "Even though I kind of admired you yesterday...I never been impressed by a normal girl before." I laughed, these guys where kind of caring in their own way.
 
"Thanks but I'm not the one who will be crying. It will be Zelo if he tries anything like that again. I'll kick his !" I clenched my fist and smiled. Yongguk burst into laughter.
 
"She's a powerful one, behind her innocence. The kind of girl who could be a spy or an assassin. I like that." I felt my face going red. Jongup looked at me.
 
"Are you blushing?" He asked, pointing at my cheeks.
 
"Ah! Did we catch you out?" Daehyun asked. "Are you really an assassin? Sent to kill us. But you'll fall in love with us and not be able to kill us. It always works out like that."
 
"You watch to many drama's Daehyun." Youngjae said laughing. "She's clearly a spy, trying to get information from us, using her charms as a way to get info from us. We're onto you." Youngjae pointed to his eyes and then pointed to me. I laughed, noticing Zelo sit down next to Yongguk.
 
"What do you think Zelo? Is she a spy or an assassin?" Zelo looked at Daehyun, avoiding looking at me.
 
"Who?" He asked. Himchan looked at Zelo. He seemed kind of tense. I looked at Youngjae, who scratched his head and looked at the table, clearly feeling awkward. There was an unpleasant feeling at the table.
 
"Um...Hana." Daehyun said quietly and simply. He was still standing behind me and it seemed like he wasn't going to move.
 
"Oh." Zelo took his phone out of his pocket and began texting someone...or atleast it looked like he was. Yongguk looked up from his phone, also feeling the awkwardness around us. He looked from me to Zelo and back to me then Himchan. This was beginning to feel like some sad drama. 
 
"So is she a spy or an assassin Zelo?" Yongguk asked. Zelo sighed and shook his head, frowning.
 
"I don't know. Why should I care anyway? It's stupid what you're talking about." He said. Yongguk widened his eyes a bit and looked at Himchan, who was staring at Zelo.
 
"I don't care if it's stupid, I asked you to pick one." Yongguk said.
 
"Well, she's not cut out to be either. They have no emotion you know."
 
"You watch to many drama's Zelo." Youngjae said. I sighed and tried to stand up but Daehyun was holding me down, and Himchan had grabbed my wrist. *But I want to go.* I looked at Himchan who just sighed and nodded. He let go of my wrist and Daehyun sat down next to Zelo.
 
I stood up and walked towards my locker. Himchan got up as Zelo mutered something that sounded like 'She's not you sister you know.'
 
"Himchan you don't need to come." I forced a smile as I stood infront of my locker and pulled my keys out of my schoolbag.
 
"I didn't want you to start crying."
 
"I didn't leave to cry. I left to stop myself from beating him up." I laughed. It was Himchan's turn to force a smile. 
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"Ah~ You really do have the instincts of an older brother huh, oppa?" I giggled a bit and put my keys in my locker. Himchan smiled and leaned his head against the locker next to mine. He seemed very happy. He closed his eyes and laughed and looked at me.
 
"Haha call me that again."
 
"What? Oppa?"
 
"Yeah!"
 
"Aish...you're like a kid wanting a nickname!"
 
"That was nice though!" I laughed and opened my locker. Over Himchan's shoulder, I saw a girl scowling at me. I frowned but looked back at my locker door.
 
"What the heck? There is a dent in my locker door!" I looked at my locker door on both sides and saw a dent going inwards, like it had been hit or something. Himchan looked at the door. 
 
"Oh. This is your locker? Sorry about that!" Himchan stood infront of my locker and started hitting it trying to put it back. "Fix you stupid locker!"
 
"You did this?!" I gasped, poking Himchan in the cheek.
 
"Yeah...yesterday after you left, I kind of punch the locker to make sure I didn't punch Zelo..." Himchan looked away kind of embarrassed. I smiled and quickly hugged him although it was quite awkward.
 
"Thank you...oppa." I smiled and looked at the locker to hide my face from blushing. "Fix you stupid locker!"
 
The bell rang for class. I waved goodbye to Himchan and walked to class. Daehyun caught up with me and started walking with me to class. He was quite at first, and I was starting to wonder if he was shy. But soon he started talking.
 
"So..what do you want us to learn today?" He asked. I sighed. *Is Daehyun forcing himself to talk to me?* I tapped the side of my head and hummed in thought.
 
"I want to learn English!" I said, clapping my hands together. Daehyun widened his eyes at me.
 
"English? English is too difficult!!"
 
"No! English is easy!"
 
"No it's not. Well maybe it is for you, but not for me!!"
 
"How is it difficult?"
 
"Well, the alphabet is nothing like hangul, some letters make one sound and other letters make the same sound, you can have many different spellings of the same word...and word that sound the same but are spelt differently! It's complicated!"
 
"...I don't think so. But Korean is complicated! It was for me anyway."
 
"Korean is easy."
 
"No it's not! The formalities where complicated. The hangul is very different from our letters. And some words where 10 times longer to say then in English."
 
"...Both languages are stupidly difficult!" We laughed. We where nearly at the classroom by now.
 
"I think Zelo admire people who can speak English...well he did the last time I asked."
 
"Really?" *Zelo will admire me...I doubt it after what he said yesterday* We walked into the classroom together and sat down at our seats. I pulled out my pencil case and notebook and started drawing some pictures until the class was ready. I was drawing little chibi characters.
 
The teacher came in and (YAY!!) gave us some textbooks with English questions in them. She told us to work on them, and if we needed help, we could work with the people around us. *It seems our teacher is quite lazy and doesn't like working.* I smiled to myself and started answering the questions. Then the teacher left the classroom. After about 20 minutes, I came across a word in Korean I couldn't read. 
 
"E? Or is it an A? Damn I can't remember!" I drew a star on the side of my English jotter and looked up. Daehyun had moved to the front of the classroom and was talking to some guy sittin at the front. I think I had recognised him before.
 
Zelo was still sitting in front of me. He was trying to do his work at least. I debated whether or not I should ask him for help. *No way will I ask him for help! I'm not showing ny weakness!!* I looked at the word again and tried to translate it. *Screw it* I thought and leaned forward on my desk.
 
"Zelo?" There was no response.
 
"Zelo?" No answer again. I raised my voice again and tried again.
 
"Zelo?"
 
"Junhong!" I snapped, getting sick of him ignoring me. He still didn't turn around. 
 
"Stupid, deaf, stupid, idiot jerk who is very self-centered and annoying who doesn't know anything about anything!" I snapped at him in English. Daehyun noticed me and walked back up to his seat.
 
"What's up?" He asked, smiling nicely.
 
"Umm...I don't know this word." I said quietly, pointing at the on the page. Daehyun leaned over and looked at the devil word.
 
"Oh, that's 'Describe'." He smiled and sat in his seat.
 
"Describe?"
 
"Yeah. Describe." I nodded and looked at the word. I had never seen that word before. Ever. I opened my notebook and wrote the word down, in hangul, romanized and English.
 
"Now! I will never forget!" I closed the notebook and tapped it smiling. "Thanks Daehyun."
 
"No problem!" He smiled and turned around, finally starting his own work. I saw him elbow Zelo and whisper somethings harshly to him. I shook my head and went back to my own work. When I finished my work, Sunmi came and sat next to me.
 
"So how are you?" She asked.
 
"Um...I'm fine thanks." I shrugged and leaned back in my seat.
 
"I'm wondering if you want to come out to a coffee shop later?" She asked.
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah!" I smiled, going out with a friend sounded like fun. I hadn't been out with friends for a while.
 
"Sure! After school today?"
 
"Yeah! Okay! Sorry if I sound excited but I haven't been to a coffee shop for ages."
 
"No it's cool~" Sunmi smiled like a little kid just as the bell rang for break. We stood up and walked out of the classroom towards the dining hall. As we were walking along the corridor, we saw a girl from class 2-B crying. Sunmi ran up to her and hugged her.
 
"Hyun Ok? What's wrong?" I walked up to them to see the girl who was really upset about something. Sunmi told be to go to break and she'll see me back in class. I nodded and watch them walk into an empty classroom. *No wonder Sunmi is so popular. She is very caring for everyone.* I walked into the dining hall and and stood at the side, with my hands in my pockets.
 
"Come with me sil vous plait." And an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I turned to see Yongguk dragging me down a corridor and into another empty classroom.
 
"Yongguk where are we going?" 
 
"No where..."
 
"Don't lie. We are clearly going somewhere!" Yongguk pushed me into the classroom and shut the door before sitting me on a table. "And how do you know French?"
 
"I don't. Now listen to me. Somethings up okay? Well actually two things are up and I'm not talking about the lights."
 
"That...doesn't make any sense."
 
"Just listen. Firstly, something is up with the student council. I don't know what but I do know something is different with their president as her flirting with Himchan was different then usual. They might scout you so - yeah it's a prewarning."
 
"A prewarning? Okay then." I said nodding, still thinking that Yongguk was being crazy.
 
"And another thing. Zelo might be very cold to you these days. I think it's a stage of shock, that's all."
 
"Cold?"
 
"Yeah. He's never been shouted at by a normal girl before."
 
"Normal? Why do you guys keep calling me normal?"
 
"We are Kingka's remember?" Yongguk laughed as I sighed and looked at the floor.
 
"Oh yeah...Kingka's."
 
"Anyway, Zelo will hopefully get over it soon. That's all." Yongguk stood up and held out his hand to pull my off the table.
 
"Why did you tell me this?"
 
"Himchan told me to look out for you too....so I will." Yongguk smiled and walked towards the door.
 
"Himchan seems to care too much." I giggled and walked out of the classroom.
 
"No, I don't think so. He seems to care the right amount. Me...I cared too much and lost a girl close to me. But at the same time, I didn't care enough."
 
"What happened to your girl?" I asked. Yongguk stopped walking for a moment and looked down the corridor. The he shook his head and started walking. 
 
"Nothing, nothing." We walked quietly towards the dining hall where the rest of the Kingka's where waiting. They all greeted us well, except Zelo, who of course didn't look up.
 
The rest of the day seemed to pass quite quickly, but sadly. Zelo ignored me for the whole day. He wouldn't help me, talk to me or even look at me. It was painful for some reason. It hurt my heart a lot. But every time I felt sad I shook my head and tried to think of the coffee house and Sunmi. But it only worked a bit. I felt like the characters in a drama, when the person the love doesn't love them back. *But I don't love Zelo!* I told myself as I looked at him sitting in front of me. *I don't! I can't! It's impossible for me to love someone, I don't know well....And who said such bad things about me!!!* I sighed and shook my head. *I don't.*