Yeah - I Thought That (Part 2)

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

 

When my back was to him, I sighed and didn't try to hide my sadness with a smile. It felt like I was being lied to. I was being lied to. When I reached the dining hall I saw Yongguk leaving the corridor opposite. I marched up to him with a childish scowl.
 
"Yongguk! You will have caused a major disaster in the future, you know that!" I almost shouted at him, flicking him in the forehead. He looked at me and blinked before frowning at me.
 
"Hey! Even though we're friends, you still need to show me respect. I'm still older then you!" He snapped.
 
"Yeah? And why d'you make Zelo act like that to me if we're friends?!" I snapped back. Himchan came up to us and put his hand on my shoulder.
 
"Come on you guys," He said. "Knowing Zelo, it will be over by Friday okay?" Yongguk nodded apologetically to me.
 
"I thought it would work." He said. "I'm still sure it will work." We walked to the middle table and had a usual conversation about how cute my panda lunch was and other things.
 
Zelo sat next to me and even though I tried to convince myself it didn't matter, it still made me feel quite happy. *Maybe I can play along. It's got to be better then us arguing yeah?* Himchan seemed very cautious this lunch time. He wanted to make sure that Zelo wasn't doing anything that would upset me. His usual smile wasn't there and instead there was a blankness that did not seem as nice and...Himchan-y.
 
Youngjae came up behind me and took a photo of my lunch. I turned around and did a 'peace' sign as Youngjae took a picture of me.
 
"Youngjae? You want me to teach you how to make one that's even cuter?" Youngjae looked at my food.
 
"Cuter then that?" I nodded. "Yeah! That would be great! Teach me one day!"
 
"Teach me too~" Himchan smiled, hugging me close and pouting to Youngjae who took another photo as I puffed up me cheeks. Youngjae clicked the camera. Youngjae sat down opposite me as Zelo sighed and poked my cheek. I heard Youngjae take another picture.
 
"I wanna know how to cook too! School lunch is horrible." I nodded to him and looked at everyone around the table.
 
"I am now hosting cooking lesson's apparently." I said tapping my lips. "Anyone else want to join my lesson?"
 
"I do!" Daehyun laughed while waving his hands in the air. I laughed and pointed to Himchan, Zelo, Youngjae and Daehyun. 
 
"Okay, I will teach you one day. But not Jongup or Yongguk yes?" Himchan leaned over to me and whispered very loudly.
 
"I think they do want to know. It's just their pride won't allow them to even admit it." I nodded and looked at the Casanova/Player that stole my number and the detective that only really seems to ask questions.
 
"Let's make them one anyway!" I said punching the air. "So Yongguk and Jongup, what kind of food do you like?"
 
"Duck." Yongguk said simply. I nodded taking a mental note. 
 
"Anything that taste's good." Jongup said, eating some soup from the school kitchens. "Unlike this stuff."
 
"Hana's food tastes the best!" Zelo said. "Much better then the school food." I felt my face blushing again as we started quietly eating our food.
 
"By the way, can I ask why you guys are Kingka's?" I asked quietly before stuffing a load of chicken and rice into my mouth. They all looked at me like I had asked a very random quetion. Even Yongguk and Jongup where looking.
 
"Umm...Well Daehyun's and Youngjae's parents practically own this school. And for some reason that makes them very popular." Jongup said, pointing to them.
 
"What do you mean 'For some reason'?! Jongup and Himchan are popular because they are rich and well live in big houses...you know, all the stuff that comes with being rich." Daehyun explained.
 
"I have power within this school as well you know! But Zelo...well he hangs around with us and that's why he is popular." Himchan said cheekily while chuckling .
 
"Hey! No it's because I am cool, tall, handsome and my dad owns a popular university that many idols go to...So I can see idols whenever I want to."
 
"Well the last part is right, but not the first part. That's why I'm popular." Yongguk said. "I came here at the same time as Himchan and while he had the money, I had the charisma and style."
 
I nodded.
 
"Well I think Himchan is charismatic too. I like him~" I smiled in a sing-songy voice. "So why are you guys friends? Did you get along well or where you just grouped together?"
 
"A bit of both...but us attractive guys need to stick together yeah?" Youngjae said, winking at me. I smiled.
 
"Hmmm. Yeah." I agreed.
 
"Wow. She finds you attractive Youngjae." Yongguk laughed making everyone else also laugh apart from Youngjae who just narrowed his eyes at Yongguk.
 
"Of course she does. She likes the looks of all of us. That's why she..." Zelo started to say before trailing off. I noticed Himchan doing some sort of action out of the corner of my eyes. *Is Himchan saving me again?* I wondered. I looked down at my food and forced a smile on my face. 'Maybe I should get to the class now.' I thought, not wanting to eat any more rice.
 
"I'm going to the art rooms now." I said quietly, standing up. "I'll see you later." And I walked quickly to the art rooms.
 
HIMCHAN P.O.V 
 
The lessons after lunch where quite uneventful. Even though we where in the music rooms and me and Yongguk always get lot's of attention in these classes, it wasn't great. For some reason, everytime I thought about how Zelo was treating Hana it made me really angry, deep in my heart.
 
"Himchan, oppa!" The student council president said waving at me to get my attention from all the other girls. I looked at her and nodded as she made her way closer to me. "I was wondering if you could perform for us?"
 
"Now?" I asked. Everyone seemed to want me to play an instrument and sing. *Yongguk can rap. Ask him to do something.* The student council president shook her head.
 
"We are having an school assembly in a month or two, so I was wondering if you and the other kingka's will perform for us." She explained.
 
"We'll think about it okay?" I said, not wanting to dismiss her idea right in front of her.
 
"Okay." She nodded and walked away. *Is she really not interested in us or is she just a good actress?*  I wondered. I looked over to Yongguk who was sitting at the DJ station with headphones on. He was probably putting together the song we had been working on for the past few weeks. If the melody was good, then we would work on lyrics, if not then we would get rid of it and try again. I walked up to him and asked for the headphones. He passed them to me and I listened to the song.
 
"Sounds good." I nodded and pressed some buttons to see what they did. Something very bad happened. *Crap, Yongguk is going to kill me.* I paniced quietly to myself as a crackling pounded from the headphones. I just passed them back to Yongguk and walked alway quickly. 
 
"Himchan! This took my ages to do! Now I have to start all over again!" He shouted. I smiled innocently back at him to and drew a halo above my head. Yongguk just scoffed and turned back around to start again.
 
"Oops!" I shouted and turned back to the drums. *A school assembly? What could we do I wonder? We could perform as a band. Or we could sing and dance. Me and Jongup could dance, Zelo has his stupidly fast rap and Yongguk can rap too. Then Daehyun has his high vocals and Youngjae can sing too...Hmm.* I wondered, we had performed in front of the school before, so it wouldn't be hard to do. But we needed something new. Sighing, I picked up the pencil and started trying to write lyrics...but they where all depressing. Usually ones about a broken heart. *What the hell is this crap?! My heart hasn't been broken for about two years now...why are these lyrics appearing now?!* I sighed and ripped up the lyrics, throwing them into the bin.
 
HANA/YOUR P.O.V 
 
I folded up my drawing from the art lesson and put my school bag on.
 
"Time to go home~ Time to go home~" Minki sang, skipping up to me. I just laughed and sang along with him.
 
"Time to go home~ Time to go home~" We sang skipping up to Sunmi and Mikhyun who together had no interest in joining in. They just shook their heads and walked away from us pretending not to notice us. We just laughed and stood with them quietly. The classroom bell rang and we all said goodbye before heading our different ways.
 
I walked out of the school quietly on my own, admiring the sunset and city. The whole thing reminded me of a drama. *Only this would be the part when a guy she liked would run up to her and walk home with the main girl.*
 
"HANA!" A voice called. I facepalmed myself and turned around to see Zelo running towards me. *Zelo is definatly NOT the guy I like.* I confermed to myself.
 
"What's up?" I asked as I started walking again.
 
"I want to walk with you!" He smiled. "And you might want this." He passed me my cardigan which was now dry. I took it and noticed that Zelo was walking without a jumper on. He was wearing his school shirt and had his sleeves rolled up.
 
"Waah! Thank you...do you want your one back?" I exclaimed. Zelo shook his head and smiled.
 
"No, I'm fine." He said, even though I could see him shiver slightly.
 
"You look cold though." I said holding his arm. "Pull your sleeves down."
 
"I'm fine. Besides walking with you is warming me up. You must be a very warm person." He smiled at me, making me blush. *Don't fall for him. His compliments are empty remember. DON'T FALL FOR HIM!*
 
"I thought you had a high body temperature?" I asked, looking forward because I was scared of making eye contact.
 
"I do...but my heart beats faster when I'm with you so...yeah you warm me up." He said quietly, also looking forward. I nearly fell over again when he said that. He grabbed my arm to stop me falling and keep me steady. His cheeks where quite pink now. 
 
"Ch-Choi Junhong...you are qu-quite a good actor you know that?" I stuttered, still shocked from what he had said.
 
"No. I-I can't act at all. Yongguk isn't joking when he calls me the 'innocent maknae'. I can only speak my t-true thoughts." He had started walking again. Now my heart was beating five times faster then usual. *I can't fall for him.* I told myself weakly, trying to convince myself I was stronger then I actually was. I handed him the picture I had drawn in art and took a different route home.
 
By the time I got home, I felt very dizzy. My mum noticed something was up. But thankfully she had no idea what.
 
"Here you go." She said handing me a warm drink. "Did you nearly get hit by a car again." I nodded as that was the easy thing to do. I still didn't know fully why I was like this.
 
"The last time I looked like that was when I fell in love with your dad." She laughed quietly. I nearly choked on my drink.
 
"I'm not in love." I complained. "The car was only a few centimetre's from me!" My mum smiled and pulled some food out of the cupboard so she could start cooking. I went to my bedroom and turned the radio on before falling onto my bed. The song 'Midnight' by BEAST started playing. 
 
"I'm an idiot." I sighed I shook my head and sat up. "But I'm not in love yet." Untied my tie and smelled Zelo's jumper. Even his scent made my heart jump.
 
"KYAA!" I shouted to myself and took off the jumper, throwing it at the wall. "Zelo is a good actor. That is final!"
 
ZELO P.O.V 
 
When I finally got home, I chucked my schoolbag on the floor and leaned against the wall. I ran my hand through my hair and slipped down to the floor. My heart actually was racing.
 
"I'm an idiot." I sighed. "All I needed to do was get her to like me. Why does it feel like I'm the one falling for her instead?!" I unfolded the piece of paper she had given me. It was a chibi drawing of me. I smiled when I saw it and walked into the study to find some blue tack. I stuck the drawing on the wall and slipped my shoes off.
 
"Well, it is a dare after all. I need to make her fall for me...Maybe I'm just acting along. Yeah, that's what it is." I convinced myself but I couldn't help sighing. "Stupid heart! This is a game you know!! It's not serious! Fall in love with someone else okay?!" I shouted at myself, holding my hand to my heart.
 
"Fall...in love...with someone...else...please." 
 
DUGEUN-DUGEUN DUGEUN-DUGEUN