[Spin-off] Bonfire Night

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

Based on the British tradition of Bonfire Night - this is a SPINOFF chapter and is not related to that actual storyline.


 I opened my eyes and looked up at the clock on my. 6:30am. Sighing, I pulled myself out of bed and slowly walked towards the bathroom with my eyes still shut. I felt like some sort of ogre with heavy feet and messy hair. I pushed the bathroom door open, stepped inside and pushed the door shut again. Quickly, I the tap and splashed the cold water on my face, forcing my eyes to open.

"Mother of a fudge monkeys !" I cried as the cold water hit my face and ran down my clothes. The cold droplets landed on my bare feet making me shiver. I grabbed the hair brush from the shelf and brushed my hair quickly before washing my face proparly and leaving the bathroom. I walked into my plain bedroom and put on my uniform. Somehow that had taken me only five minutes.

I jumped down the stairs and walked into the kitchen where my mum was sitting eating a bowl of noodles. I stuck my tongue out at her.

"How can you eat savory food so early in the morning?" I asked, pulling out a loaf of sweet bread and started making a cup of hot chocolate.

"How can you eat sweet food so early in the morning?" My mum mimicked, watching me pour syrup on the sweet bread.

I smiled and sat at the table eating and drinking as fast as I could. I put my cup and plate in the sink and ran upstairs to get my schoolbag and brush my teeth. There was clearly no way my teeth could actually be clean with the speed I cleaned my teeth at but atleast my breath would be minty. I literally threw some mints into my mouth, causing me to choke before I jumped back down the stairs again and headed towards the door.

"HANA!" My mum shouted as I opened the door.

"What?!" I called back, checking my watch.

"Do you know what day it is today?"

"Monday...Bye!"

"No it's Bonfire night!"

"Oh yeah...Well I'm gonna be late so-"

"We have fireworks!"

"What really?"

"Yup, so invite some friends around and we will watch them together! Bye!"

"What?!"

"Bye!"

I shut the door and walked down the street pretty quickly. *What the hell? How can I invite people to watch fireworks with me...do they even know anything about bonfire night and our fireworks?* I walked down the street quickly towards the metro station and sat at the seat. I saw the metro coming and stood up. I spent nearly the whole ride trying to think of who to invite and how. *Sunmi maybe...and Minki would maybe go...I don't know about Mikhyun though.*

"You seem to be distant today." Said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Zelo standing behind me, smiling. *Zelo? Could Zelo maybe?...Nah.*

"No I'm fine...just thinking. How are you?" Zelo nodded his head several times and put his hands in the 'okay' sign.

"I'm cool!" He said. We talked quietly all the way to school. When we entered the gate, I saw Himchan standing there, looking for something or someone. I went and stood next to him, trying to find what he was looking for.

"Himchan...what are you looking for?" I asked. Himchan span around and smiled at me.

"Hana! Found you!" He ruffled up my hair and smiled at me and Zelo.

"Himchan...don't make my hair messy." I complained in a joke-like way.

"Yah! Call him oppa like I told you too!" We all turned around to see Youngjae standing a few steps away. He waved 'Hello' to us and pointed towards the door. "Will we go in?"

"Yup~" I smiled. "Zelo? Himchan?"

"Oppa! It's Oppa!" Youngjae frowned shaking my shoulders. I shook my head from side-to-side. I laughed at Youngjae as we all walked inside the school and sat at a table in the middle, where Jongup was already sitting.

"What took you so long?" He asked, when we sat down at the table. Himchan just laughed and shook his hand, telling Youngjae to 'Never Mind.' I smiled at them and looked towards the door, seeing if anybody else was coming in. I saw Daehyun and Yongguk walked in together. It was quite funny seeing them together. There was Yongguk with his unmistakeable swagger and Daehyun with his unmistakeable...something. But it wasn't swagger. They sat down with us as the other boys started talking quietly among themselves. I stood up and started to walk towards my locker.

"Where are you going?" Himchan asked, looking up at me from his seat.

"Umm...to my locker?" I said, pointing towards my locker and smiling slightly. Himchan nodded and I started to walk away.

"You'll come back right?" He asked. I turned around and smiled, sticking my tongue out a bit.

"Maybe..." I laughed and turned back around, towards my locker. I put in my lunch and pulled out one of the jotters I would need for the morning. When I closed the locker door, Zelo was standing there.

"You're creeping up on me a lot today you know?" I laughed, putting the locker key in my backpack. Zelo shrugged and leaned against the locker door. I frowned up at him. "What's up?" Zelo looked at me and looked like he was going to say something, but he must have changed his mind because he shook his head and leaned it on the locker.

"Are you sure?"

"Huh? I was wondering if...Nope nope never mind." Zelo looked kind of sad, but I couldn't think of why. *Should I try to cheer him up? But how?* I thought about inviting him to see the fireworks but I shook my head. *Nope nope, let's not do that. I'll invite Sunmi, Minki and Mikhyun.* I looked back at the table and saw Himchan look over then quickly turn his gaze back. *Is he smiling? What? Why? Did I miss something?*

"Do you want to go back to the others?" I asked, taking a few steps forward. Zelo grabbed my arm and pulled me back to stand next to him.

"No...just stay here until class starts okay?" He asked quietly. My heart was racing and I was getting worried my face was blushing. Zelo let go of my arm and I just looked at where he had grabbed me. My whole arm felt really hot. Why was Zelo acting weird? Was he feeling sick? I looked at him and saw he was staring at me too. Then my face blushed bright red.

"Hahahaha! You're blushing again!" Zelo laughed and poked my cheeks, making me blush even more. "You look like a tomato!"

"Yah! I get nothing but abuse from you Zelo! And your hyungs." I pouted in a 'aegyo' like way. Zelo stopped laughing and looked at me.

"Did you just pout? Aigoo~ so cute!" He laughed again. I frowned at him and marched back to the table in the middle and sat next to Himchan. He looked at my face and grinned.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Zelo is a jerk."

"How so?"

"He called me a tomato!" Himchan looked at Zelo who was walking up to the table. He stood up and walked over to him, grabbing his shoulder.

"Tomato? Huh? Huh? You think my dongseng is a tomato?" Himchan was pertending to beat Zelo up, which made us all laugh a lot. The bell rang and me, Zelo and Daehyun all walked to class together. I kept my eyes open for Sunmi, trying to see if I could find her anywhere. I sat in my seat at the back and saw her, Minki and Mikhyun walk into the classroom. Miss Lee told us that she didn't have any lessons for us that morning so we should jsut sit and revise together.

"Sunmi! Mikhyun! Minki, come over here!" I called them over, and they made their way over together.

"What's up?" Sunmi asked as she sat on my desk and swung her legs. I stretched my arms and grinned at her.

"Can you come to my house today? Well tonight?" I asked

"Umm...sure why?"

"To celebrate bonfire night!" They looked at each other.

"What's bonfire night?" Mikhyun asked leaning on my desk.

"It's like a celebration in Britian. Basically, I long time ago, this man called Guy Fawks tried to blow up the British Parliament with gunpowder. But he was caught and now every year on the 5th of November, we celebrate him not blowing up the parliament with Fireworks and Bonfires."

"Ohh...I'll come!" Minki smiled raising his hand into the air like a primary school kid.

"Yeah me too!" Sunmi said. "So you'll have fireworks?"

"Yup!"

"I guess I'll come." Mikhyun shrugged and nodded.

"You know you could sound more enthusiastic!" Sunmi scolded him. Mikhyun smiled and shrugged again. We all talked for about 20 more minutes before they went to sit down. I smiled, quite happy with myself that my three friends where able to come.

"Bonfire night?" I looked up and saw Daehyun facing me with a weird smile.

"Umm...yeah." I scratched the back of my head and yawned.

"...Why wasn't I invited?" He asked. I widened my eyes. *Daehyun wants to come?*

"You want to?"

"Sure...me AND Zelo will go." Zelo, who hadn't been listening turned around and frowned.

"What?"

"Me. You. Hana's house. Tonight. Fireworks." Daehyun said basically. Zelo nodded and turned back around to face the front.

"Wait what! Hana's house?" Zelo looked at me. I nodded and stretched again. *Man I'm tired!*

"So do you want to come?"

"Yup yup." The bell rang for lunch and I waved goodbye to Sunmi and the others. I took my lunch out of my locker and just as I was closed my locker, I felt someone pulling the back of my jumper. It was Himchan. Of course it was.

"Sit with us dongseng~" He sang. He pulled me and we sat down at the same table as last time. Daehyun and Zelo sat down not long after and Youngjae, Jongup up Yongguk where already sitting there. We where eating lunch quietly until Zelo started speaking.

"So hyung's...who else is going to Hana's house to watch the fireworks?" They each looked at me.

"Huh? Hana are you having a celebration?" Jongup asked.

"Sort of..." I nodded and looked at everyone. Himchan put his chopsticks down and pulled on the edges of my hair.

"Yah! Why didn't you invite me first?" He complained like kid.

"Sorry sorry...so do you want to come?" Himchan smiled and nodded.

"Of course!"

"Can I come?" Youngjae asked.

"If you want." Youngjae smiled and put some chicken into his mouth.

"Yay!" Yongguk looked at his friends and sighed.

"I'm not leaving them alone in your house Hana, don't worry. Me and Jongup will come."

"What?" Jongup leaned back in his chair and sighed. I looked at all the Kingka's who where casually eating their lunch.

"So, you're all coming?" I asked.

"Seems so." Zelo said, drinking a bottle of mango juice. I nodded and started counting all the people who where suppossed to be coming to my little house to watch the fireworks.

"So there's me...my mum and dad...Sunmi, Minki and Mikhyun ...and you guys. That's 12 in total... Aw man, can we even fit 12 people in our tiny house?" I shook my head and grinned. "It's fine it's fine."

"So your parents will be there?" Himchan asked smiling. "Alright, I will make a good impression."

"Remember to introduce yourself as her 'oppa'!" Youngjae grinned, finishing his food.

"Youngjae! What is with you? First you keep asking if she's my girlfriend...now all this oppa crap!" Himchan shaked his head laughing.

"Hmm...Do you think I'll be able to act cool in front of them?" Daehyun asked.

"No! All you need to do is be polite and kind. And helpful if they ask for help." I grinned, waving my hands at Daehyun. "Just be yourself." Yongguk laughed and shook his head at his friends.

"You guys have no idea what to do when meeting a girls parents. Just follow my lead okay?" Yongguk placed his hands behind his head and grinned.

The bell rang for class and we all stood up to go.

"In case I don't see you again, let's all meet up at the school and I'll take you to my house at 8pm okay?" We all nodded and headed towards our classes.

AFTER SCHOOL AT HOME 

 I needed to wrap up warmly as we would be out quite late and it could get quite chilly. I put on some skinny jeans and a knitted cardigan with some cream fir boots and a jacket.

"Nice and warm!" I smiled to my reflection as I put on some gloves and a hat. I jumped down the stairs and waved goodbye to my parents.

"I'm going to pick up my friends now!" I waved and headed towards the door. It was getting quite dark outside.

"HANA!" My dad shouted.

"What?!"

"How many people are you inviting again?"

"8 boys and 1 girl...hmmm that sounds pretty bad..."

"No not at all. Bring them here quickly. Bye!"

I walked towards the metro station, quite excited to get to see everyone outside of school. I jumped on the first metro that came and I headed towards the school. When I got off the stop however, I was surprised to see everyone waiting for me there.

"Hi Hana!" Sunmi smiled, jumping towards me and giving me a hug. I looked at everyone and smiled.

"So are you ready?" I asked. Everyone nodded so we crossed the platform and waited for the home-coming metro to come. When it arrived, we road it home having to stand up again, because all the ahjumma's where coming back from wherever. *Where have they been this late at night anyway?*

We walked through my quiet neighbourhood until we reached my house and I stood at the door.

"Please be nice to my family. And don't act like a gangster Yongguk. Daehyun. Else I'll get in trouble for hanging around bad boys." I laughed.

"We will be good!" Yongguk smiled, waving his hand around his head like a halo for an angel. I opened the door and shouted to my parents.

"Mum! Dad! I'm back! My friends are here too." My parents walked into the house from the back garden and waved and bowed to my friends.

"It's nice to meet you." They said.

"Nice to meet you too!" My friends all said together. I looked at my friends and then at my parents.

"I'll introduce you to everyone. So this is Sunmi, this is Minki and Mikhyun. And here we have, Yongguk, Zelo, Daehyun, Jongup, Youngjae and Himchan." I pointed to each of my friends and they bowed as a greeting.

"Himchan is her oppa!" Youngjae shouted out after I said Himchan's name.

"Youngjae what the hell?!" I shouted as Youngjae started laughing a lot, along with the others. "Yes Himchan is like my brother but that is it!" My dad nodded and looked at Himchan.

"Look out for her okay?" He said. Himchan nodded and bowed to my dad.

"Of course." My mum took us all into the back garden where they had already started a small bonfire with seats around it. We all sat down around the warm little fire. I had Sunmi on my left and Himchan on my right. The fire was very warm. My mum brought out cups of hot chocolate as my dad set up the little firework display. Soon he set it up and all the fireworks started shooting out up to the sky. There where blue, green and silver ones, red and gold one and pink, red and silver ones. They where all very pretty.

30 MINUTES LATER 

"Let's go inside for a bit!" My dad called as the last firework flew off into the sky. "You don't need to go home just yet." My friends all clapped towards my parents for the little firework display they had set up. I felt very happy.

"Let's collect all these little chairs." I heard someone say. It was very dark, and I couldn't tell who was who, but I think it was Yongguk, judging by the deep voice. 'Wow Yongguk can be polite when he wants to be.' I smiled as my friends impressed me, even more then they where impressing my friends.

"Hey Hana!" I heard a quiet whisper a bit behind me. I turned around and could almost see the outline of someone but it was too dark to tell who it was.

"Hello?" I asked giggling quietly, "Who is that?" The voice chuckled a bit.

"You can't tell?"

"No...I really can't" I stepped a few strides forward, trying to see who was talking to me. I couldn't even tell my the voice as he was whispering. *At least I know it's not Sunmi.* Suddenly the person grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his warm arms around my back and held me close to his chest. Startled, I tried to pull away but this guy held my close, pulling me closer to him the more I tried to move.

"Stay like this...A little longer." He whispered. *Who is this?!* I leaned my head on his chest and I felt my heart beating so fast. He moved slightly and I felt his warm lips kiss me on the forehead. My heart was racing faster and faster, I fellt like I was going to faint. This stranger span me round several times and let go of me before escaping into the house before I could tell who he was.

My heart felt like it was going to stop beating as I watched the boy walk into the house. After waiting afew minutes, I walked into the living room and saw all my friends standing and sitting in my house with their jackets and coats and shoes hanging up. They all looked like they had been in here for ages. *Who was it?* I wondered.

"What's wrong?" Himchan asked. He walked up to me and tapped my cheeks. I held his hands.

"Nothing nothing. I'm fine!" I smiled and took off my own jacket and shoes. *Who was it?*

Who was it?