Today He Acts Weird

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

By Friday, I was still finding it hard to ignore Zelo's weird flirty attitude. Even though I chanted to myself every day that he was only playing with me, my heart still manged to skip a beat everytime he said my name and still seemed to completely stop whenever we touched. But I was getting over it...I thought. Classes on Friday where fairly decent. Cooking, Sports, Music and Art. It was known as our creative extra-curricular day which was very incredibly pointless for nearly everyone unless you where planning to do any of these things with your life.

Daehyun, Sunmi and me walked to the Home Economics room together while explaining what we where going to be doing. Zelo hadn't turned up to school yet, so he was either not coming in or was very late. We walked into the classroom and sat at a table. Since Zelo wasn't there yet, we had an awkward number of people. Minki and Mikhyun worked together like always and I would have worked with Sunmi but Zelo wasn't there so Daehyun wouldn't have had a partner.

"Why don't we work in a trio?" I suggested, shrugging. Everyone else was in pairs, all ready to start. Daehyun and Sunmi nodded but before they answered, Daehyun got a message on his phone and checked to see what it was. 

"It's from Zelo." He said, opening it. While he was reading it, I saw a smirk appear on his face. He looked at me then handed the phone to Sunmi who also smiled, but looked at me cautiously. I frowned.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning forward to try and see. Daehyun put his phone away quickly and shook his head.

"Zelo is only late. He was helping an ahjumma down the street and he missed the train." He said. "Anyway...can I work with Sunmi?" He put his arm around her.

"You wanna work with Sunmi?" I asked. Sunmi honestly looked like she was going to hit Daehyun. Again, she didn't like to get close to boys unless they where family, or Minki and Mikhyun. But she smiled and held onto Daehyun's arms.

"I kind of owe him a favour." She said. "Before you came, Daehyun had helped me out with a cake and now I need to help him out because..... 'simple vegetable soup' is apparently his only cooking weakness." Sunmi looked at the recipe. So did I. It read Simple Vegetable Soup. *So Daehyun can do complicated cakes but not simple soup?* I smiled and nodded. Daehyun looked angrily at Hana and nodded in agreement.

"Okay then. I can cook soup." I said and put my apron on. The teacher walked forward and told us that we had three soups to try from. Simple Vegetable Soup, Cream of Tomato and Chicken Noodle Soup. I decided to try making Tomato soup. As I gathered my equipment, Zelo walked into the classroom and bowed to the teacher.

"Sorry, I'm late." He said and walked towards us. "Daehyun has a partner? Hmmm...Can I work with you Hana?" He asked. I nodded and passed him a recipe. We started to work, mixing cream and puree together on the cooker. I washed some tomato carefully under the tap and Zelo took them, mashing them up in the blender so they where smooth. While I mixed the ingrediants together I heard Daehyun and Sunmi whispering harshly to each other.

"Simple vegetable soup is my only cooking weakness? I can't make soup, is that what you're saying?!" Daehyun said angrily.

"What else was I suppossed to say. I needed an excuse or she wouldn't buy it!" Sunmi snapped back. *Sunmi needed an excuse? Why did Sunmi...* I looked at them again and continued listening. Or eavesdropping if you want to be picky. I felt like a spy, seeking information.

"Well," Daehyun sighed while chopping vegetables. "I hope Zelo has a good reason for this. And Yongguk too." Sunmi nodded. *Does she know about Yongguk and Zelo. More to the point, what does Zelo have to do with this?* I looked at Zelo, who was still blending the tomato's. His hair was straight again and his time he had styled it so it wasn't as floppy anymore. It was more stylish in a way. He looked up from the blender and towards me. We made eye contact for a moment before I looked back at the pot, blushing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Zelo smiling to himself, which made me feel even worse.

I walked towards our selection of spices and tried to choose one to add to our soup. I decided to add basil, so I picked it up and added a few pinches into our cream and puree. While I was mixing, I felt Zelo come up behind me. He stood quite close as he poured the tomato's into the mixture. I continued stiring for a while longer before I heard Zelo sigh.

"Why are you sighing?!" I snapped at him, putting down the spoon and trying to turn around. Zelo just turned me around to face the bowl and grabbed my hand, making me pick up the spoon.

"You need to mix all the soup, or else the ingrediants will seperate. You could have some really strong parts and some really weak parts." I watched Zelo move my hand and stir the soup. His hand was warm and soft. "If you mix like this, it will be even and taste better." I felt my heart beating as I tried to move my hand away, but Zelo wouldn't let me.

"I...know how to stir soup you know." I said. "I have made soup before." Zelo took his hand away and looked at my face. 

"Why are you so red? And why is your breathing uneven?" He asked as a smirk formed on his face. "Could it be that you have fallen for me?"

"No way! This cooker is hot!" I snapped, looking back to the soup. Zelo smiled and pushed me lightly to the side and taking the spoon.

"Then I will divide this between us and you can cool down." He touched my cheek lightly and winked at me. "However I do think you look very cute when your face is pink." I widened my eyes at me as I felt his breath on my face. His comment was making me very red now. I pulled myself away pouted at him.

"Don't tell me your lies Zelo!" I said covering my cheeks with my hands. He just chuckled and poured the soup into our containers. When the class was over, we picked up the container and got ready to walk to our next class. Zelo picked up my soup container, telling me it was 'too hot' for me to carry. I shook my head at him and tried to take it off of him but he just smiled at me.

The next class we had was PE. I was kind of looking forward to it. Sports was always a fun subject. I changed into my sports clothes and re-tied my hair into bunches. I took off my bracelet and put it into my bag just before we left the changing room. The teacher called us over and said that we could either do basketball or tennis. Zelo and Daehyun stood with the class that wanted to do tennis so I dragged Sunmi to the basketball court. *I certainly don't need Zelo to embarrass me during PE.* I thought to myself.

"What if I didn't want to play basketball!?" She exclaimed while laughing. She almost tripped over as I dragged her to the bottom court.

"Of course you wanted to do basketball! You're too cool to play tennis!" I laughed back as I picked up a basketball. The sports teacher told us to go into our own groups today as their where not enough people in the class was too small to play a proper game. I dribbled the orange ball and passed it to Sunmi.

"One-on-one?" I asked. Sunmi smiled as her gaze passed me. She threw the ball towards me, but it was too high for me to catch. *I have no hope to pass that unless I got telekinisis!*

"Two-on-two?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned around to see Zelo holding our basketball. I sighed and shook my head.

"No! I wanna play with Sun-"

"Yes! I wanna be on Zelo's team!" Sunmi innterupted me. Me, Zelo and Daehyun all looked at Sunmi.

"You wanna work with Zelo?"

"You wanna work with me?"

"YAY! I get to play with Hana!" We all shouted at the same time. Daehyun skipped up to me and linked arms with me. "Let's play well together, Himchan's sister~" He sang. Sunmi walked up to Zelo and whispered something harshly at him, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. Zelo responded my putting his hands up in the air in a confession action, but when she turned her back to him, he had a slight look of pain which hurt my heart to see.

"Offence or Defence?" Daehyun asked after we walked to our half of the court. I looked at Zelo and Sunmi. *Sunmi will probably go offencive huh?*

"Offence!" I grinned and stretched my arms. I twisted my ankles for a mini warm up and I saluted to Daehyun. I stood in the centre circle with Sunmi as the teacher threw the ball into the air so we could start our game. I jumped high and hit the ball back to Daehyun. He caught it, thankfully, and ran up to the basketball net that Zelo was defending. 

"Yah! Daehyun!" I called to him. He threw the ball to me and I caught it. As soon as Zelo and Sunmi where near me, I passed it back to Daehyun who then shot. And missed.

"Sorry!" Daehyun cried as I ran to pick up the ball, but I was beaten there by Sunmi, who picked up the ball before me and ran to the other net. She passed the ball to Zelo, who paniced and passed it back, not knowing what to do. Sunmi also took this as her chance to score, but she also just missed. That was how the game seemed to go on for about 20 minutes. We'd get it then miss, they'd get it then miss. *Aish! Someone score already!*

Daehyun got a hold of the ball but he was at the wrong end of the court. With an almighty throw, he practically launched the basketball across the court. I ran to try and catch it but Zelo was also running to get it. Zelo jumped into the air to pick it up and at the same time I did. However what I hadn't noticed was that Zelo was jumping backwards.

THUD!

Zelo jumped backwards into me and we both fell to the floor. As soon as I hit the floor, I closed my eyes, silently praying that I wouldn't pass out. But and aching pain in my back and a heavy weight on my legs forced me to open my eyes. When I did, I saw Zelo leaning over me, with his hands on either side of my head. My heart almost leapt out of my chest as I saw Zelo looking over me like that. It seemed like he was in shock. He was expressionless and motionless. His hair had lost it's style because of his sweat and had become quite floppy, I could almost feel it lightly touching my skin. His eyes where really dark, but they happened to also look really shiny or sparkley. Everything I noticed about Zelo seemed to make my heart jump, like his scent and the smoothness of his skin.

I don't know how long we where lying there, but I suddenly I noticed that nearly the whole class where watching us. Zelo seemed to have me enchanted from some hypnotic charm but I couldn't break out of it. *You need to Hana! Don't fall for his charm. Break this curse.*

"Zelo..." I said. That seemed to wake him up and he looked around. He suddenly turned pink like a marshmallow and he got up. The girls had a mix of disbelief and jealousy on their faces. Sunmi walked over to me and held out her hand to pull me up. I took her hand and looked over to Zelo, was standing with his head leaning against the wall and Daehyun was talking to him. I stood up and picked up the basketball. I rubbed my back and sighed.

"Shall we keep playing?" I asked. The teacher shook his head and told us all to just to get changed back into our school uniform. Sunmi and I both walked into the changing room.

"You have a bruise on your back." Sunmi said when I changed my shirt. She walked up to me and poked my back.

"Ow!" I cried. I definatly had a bruise on my back.

"You definitly have a bruise on your back. It's gone purple already." I sighed and got changed quickly. At least the next class was Music. A subject that involves nothing to difficult if you can play an instrument. Which I could. We left the changing room and walked towards our classroom. We had 20 minutes before lunch and we had music after that.

When I got to class, there where many girls and boys trying to talk to me and Zelo.

"Are you dating?" Someone asked.

"Do you like each other?"

"Hana I'm jealous of you!"

"Zelo why did you fall on her?!"

"Did you fall in love with Hana?"

"Hana! Tell me about it!"

"Yah! Can we leave Hana alone yeah?" Sunmi, spoke out. "Annoy Zelo okay? But leave Hana alone. Her back hurts!" All the girls looked at Hana and nodded. *Well there is good thing about being popular I guess.*

"Sunmi. Do you want to come out with us sometime?"

"Can you style my hair for me Sunmi?"

"Let's play sports at sometime!!"

"Hey! Leave me alone too okay!" Sunmi laughed, and the class moved over to Zelo and Daehyun.

"Leave us alone too!" They cried at the same time, walking to the back of the classroom. Nobody knew what to do now. Me and Sunmi weren't talking and neither where Daehyun or Zelo. They looked like kids. *How do you entertain kids? With a game? But their teenagers. Music?*

"Umm...Do you wanna play a game?" I asked out. Everyone turned to me.

"What kind of game?" Minki asked.

"A cover song game. So you sing a Kpop song, and the class have to guess what one."

"No! I can't sing!!" A girl with dyed brown hair said.

"Well, you sing the songs in funny voices, to make it more difficult!" So for the next 15 minutes, we sat and guessed the songs our classmates where trying to sing. Minki even went up and sang 'Fantastic Baby' by BIGBANG in a very high voice. The whole class was laughing so much as we got tears in our eyes. Finally, lunch time started and like usual, I was ordered to sit at the same table as Zelo, but I noticed that Himchan was missing.

"Where is Himchan?" I asked Yongguk.

"He went home a while ago." He explained. "He didn't feel very well." I nodded and sat down. I pulled out my phone. *I'll send Himchan a get well soon message.*

Message to: Channie-Oppa
- Did you go home sick??
- Get lots of rest then okay~ ^^

Very soon after, I got a reply

Message from: Channie-Oppa
- Yeah I will sleep well~
- You're message made me feel better already xD

I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket and started to eat my lunch.

The rest of the day went much faster then usual, and in every lesson, Zelo was right beside me. In music, he sat with me and tried to play the guitar. I laughed as I taught him the cords, everytime he learnt a new one he would scratch his head and shout that it was too difficult. In art, he sat next to me and started telling the whole class that I was going to be a popular mangaka in a few years.

Before I knew it, school was over. Only as I walked home did I really notice how Zelo had acted today. Cute and flirty. Even more then usual. *Aish! This boy is messing with me! It's so annoying.* I thought to myself on the metro home.*But I need to act like I haven't noticed any change. Act normal.*

Act normal? Is that even possible. When your head is telling you one thing but your heart is telling you something else. How do you choose which one to listen to? What do you do? Maybe you should just...you know...go with the flow.