Stronger Bonds

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

Sports seemed to be one of the most inportant things at our school. In fact, anything that wasn't an actual subject seemed to be more important then lessons. If that even makes sense. Let me explain.

1) Even though we might have tests coming soon, the teacher will let us go to a different class if we feel like it.

2) We have more lessons of Sports then we do of English

3) Music and Cooking are also a lot more regular then they are at any school in Britain

I started to notice this fact on my third week at school. Just after lunch our whole class had somehow decided that instead of studying for our maths test next week, that we where going to go outside and do athletics instead. Even though it was freezing. The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly, but it was just a disguise to convince people to go out in the cold. 

Sunmi, Minki and Mikhyun waved goodbye like usual and I pulled out my lunch and waved to Himchan who walked up to me.

"Have you had a good morning?" He asked as we walked towards our table. 

"Yup." I nodded smiling. "And we're going to do some athletics after lunch so it should be a good afternoon." Himchan stopped walking and looked at me.

"You have athletics?" He asked.

"Apparently. The class just chose to do it after lunch."

"But me and Yongguk have football."

"So we will be doing sports at the same time?" 

"Looks like it." Himchan laughed as we sat down. Yongguk, Youngjae and Jongup where already sitting at the table eating their lunch and talking about a song they where planning on performing. Jongup wanted more lines but Youngjae didn't want to lose lines and they couldn't take any of Daehyun's lines because he wasn't there to decide.

"Why don't you change song?" I suggested. "Write a new one so you can all get parts that you want."

"Ha!" Yongguk scoffed. "Easier said then done. Why don't you write us a new song?"

"Wha~? I can't write a song! I've never written one before!" I exclaimed. Jongup and Youngjae just laughed as Zelo and Daehyun sat down next to us. We ate quietly for a few minutes before Himchan started talking again.

"You know we're all doing PE together." He said. We all looked towards him and frowned. *All of us?* I wondered. 

"Well, not all of us." He continued. "Hana, Zelo, Daehyun, Yongguk and me have outdoor sports together." 

"No! I wanna see Hana do sports!" Cried Youngjae in a joke-like voice, which gained a lightish punch from Yongguk.

"That didn't sound right." He chuckled and ate his cheeseburger. Youngjae turned a light pinkish colour and he also stopped talking to eat his lunch. We spent the rest of lunch talking about random stuff that seemed to have no real point. But I did seem to notice a few things today that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

The first one being that Zelo seemed slightly nervous and a little jumpy. He was pinker then usual too. *What's up with Zelo? He is usualy really cheerful and happy and...flirty.* I also noticed that Jongup was not asking many questions. He was saying more random statements and comments. *It seems like this is the first time he has actually been comfortable.* And I noticed that there was this one girl with mid-length black hair and a pink cardigen on who walked around the table almost seven times. It was starting to weird me out a bit.

Himchan turned his head to speak to me.

"You will wanted to take of your bracelet when you do athletic by the way." He said. "It seems important to you so we don't want it to break." I looked down to my wrist. I was wearing a bracelet. And it was very important to me. It was the last thing I had been given my my grandmother before I came to Korea, and since she was so sick, I was unlikely to ever see her again. This bracelet was precious to me.

"How did you know?"

"You wear it all the time that's how I know." Himchan winked at me and took a drink of his juice. I smiled and looked at my food. *Himchan is a very considerate person. An ideal brother. He notices everything.* I looked at the girl who was walking around our table again. *Well...not everything.*

The bell rang for the end of lunch and we stood up to go to our classes. The sunlight refelcted off my bracelet and it shone brightly in my face. 'I should really put it somewhere safe.' I thought. I looked around and saw that nearly everyone was away in their classes. Nearly everyone. I noticed Jongup slowly walking to class. Ever so slowly. *Perhaps he could look after it for me* I thought.

"Jongup sunbae!" I shouted to him and jogged over to him. He turned around and faced me, smiling slightly.

"Sunbae? You don't need to call me that." He laughed. "What's up?" I slipped the bracelet off my wrist.

"Can you please look after this for me?" I asked, handing it to him. He took it and looked at it.

"The bracelet from you grandmother?" I nodded to him. "I can look after this. Now go to class or you will get into trouble." I bowed to him quickly and ran to the PE department. When I got changed, I looked around for Sunmi. A girl from our class told me she had gone to the library to study. It seemed maths was not her strong point.

I left the changing room and went outside with the rest of the class.

"HANA!" Someone shouted. I turned around and saw Himchan further away from me, calling me to come towards him and Yongguk. I jogged over to him quickly and stood with them.

"What's up?" I asked, scratching the back of my head. Yongguk looked at me and smirked.

"You look good in the sport's clothes." I said. I tilted my head slightly and frowned.

"Umm...thank you?" Himchan stepped in front of me and and shook his head at Yongguk.

"Please don't check out my sister Yongguk." He sighed. "She is younger then us you know." I peeked out from behind Himchan and stuck my tongue out at Yongguk who stuck his tongue back out at me. As I stepped back, I felt a pair of warm arms pulling me from behind into a back hug. I stood there for a moment waiting to be set free.

"You are the perfect height form me you know?" Zelo said from behind me. "Perfect for me to hug." I felt a tingly feeling in my stomach as I tried to step away. I turned to face Zelo, who pouted at me.

"You don't want a hug?" He complained.

"You have just hugged me a minute ago." I laughed and looked over the feild where Daehyun was getting ready to run. I ran over to join him.

ZELO'S P.O.V 

I watched Hana run over towards Daehyun and sighed. *Why is she like this? Why is she the only girl in the school who is not interested in me?* I walked over to Yongguk and stood with him.

"Hyung...it's not working." I said to him as we walked over to a part of the feild to try running ourselves.

"What's not working?" He asked as he stretched his arms and legs. I also started stretching, but for some reason I couldn't really be bothered. I looked over to Hana who was racing across the feild with Daehyun. Himchan was also walking over to join them.

"I can't get her to like me back. I'm failing the dare." I turned back to look at Yongguk who was also watching our friends. Hana was now sitting on the grass laughing with Daehyun. Just something as small as that made be insanely jealous. *Why does she not act like that with me? Why does she not like being around me?*

"Perhaps you need to change your tactics." Yongguk suggested. I looked at him.

"I don't know any other tactics then being nice to her."

"Then do some research or something." Yongguk sighed and he sprinted down the field. I brushed my top with my hands and waited for Yongguk to come back.

"Well...what would you do?" I asked. Yongguk breathed heavily and looked back across the field.

"I would flirt with her."

"But suppose she seemed to get on better with other guys then she does with you." Yongguk laughed and got ready to run again.

"Oh that's simple." He grinned. "Don't let her talk with other guys." And he was off again.

HANA'S/YOUR P.O.V 

I managed to change back into my uniform before my class had started walking back to class. Himchan hugged me quickly and told me that he would see me after school and Yongguk just winked and waved goodbye. I looked around for Daehyun but he was walking ahead of me with three girls laughing with him. *Ah...I suppose that is one of the things that go along with being a kingka. You need to flirt to keep the public interested.* Then I felt two hands on my shoulders.

"Hello~" Zelo sang and began walking next to me. I smiled at him and kept watching Daehyun with the other girls. *I wonder why Zelo and Himchan doesn't act like that.*

Zelo chuckled quietly and smiled at me, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. I turned at him and looked at him.

"What?"

"You're face is pink." He laughed. I groaned and covered my cheeks with my hands.

"Ah~ It's so annoying." I sighed.

"No. Don't cover your cheeks." Zelo said, tugging on my hands and pulling them away.

"No~ I'm gonna die of over-pinkness!"

"Don't die. Your cheeks are cute. So red!" He pulled my hands and I tripped backwards. I was now leaning against the wall with Zelo standing in front of me, pinning my armsby my sides. I felt my face flush red as I stared forward, my eyes being level with his neck. *Don't make eye contact. Don't make eye contact.* I kept telling myself, pretty sure I would feel something I didn't want to if I looked at him.

"Hana?" Zelo asked. *Damn it. Don't look.* "Look at me please." I raised my eyes and looked at Zelo. He looked right at my eyes, like he could see all my thoughts clearly. My heart started beating really fast. *Oh no! I'm sure he can hear it now. Slow down. Slow down.*

"Yes?" I asked, debating whether or not to break the eye contact or not.

"You are pretty. Don't hide your face." He dropped my hands and waited me to walk down the corridor again. I felt a tingling feeling in my stomach and I felt like I was going to faint.

"I-I see. You are just doing the same thing that Daehyun is doing now right? You need to keep the title of Kingka somehow don't you?" I looked forward and walked towards our class.

"You're wrong I-"

"HANA!" We both turned around to see Jongup walking towards me with my bracelet in his hands.

"You can just go to class. I'll see you in a minute." Zelo nodded and turned away to go to class.

"Here's your bracelet." Jongup smiled handing it to me. I bowed to him slightly and looked at the bracelet.

"Thank you very much." I said, smiling. Jongup nodded and put one of his hands in his pocket.

"No problem. I'm just going buy a drink from the vending machines." He said pointing to the dining hall. "See you later." I nodded to him and fastened the bracelet to my wrist. Turning around quickly, I almost crashed into a senior girl. She looked slightly older then me. Probably in Youngjae and Jongup's class. I bowed slightly and tried to step around her.

"Sorry." I said, but as I moved, she stuck her arm out stopping me getting past.

"That bracelet Jongup gave to you. Can I see it?" I looked at her then at my bracelet.

"Okay. But please becareful with it. It is very important to me." I handed her the bracelet but she just scoffed as I gave it to her.

"Of course it is. I suppose anything that a kingka gives to you is precious. But why did YOU get it?! WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL!?" She shouted in my face. Before I could even think about taking the bracelet back from her, she had pulled the bracelet apart. As if in slow motion, the string snapped apart and the beads fell to the floor.

"NO!" I cried. I crouched down and frantically trying to pick up the beads. My heart tugged as I felt like the only thing connecting me to the other half of my family snapped as easily as the string. My eyes filled with tears as I looked for all the beads.

"Why don't you just ask him to get you another one?!" The girl snapped at me, before kicking me to the ground. I looked past her to the end of the corridor and saw someone walking this way.

"Hana? Chun Ai?" A familiar voice asked. *Jongup?*

"Oppa!" This girl, Chun Ai smiled at him.

"Hana? Why are you crying?" Jongup asked, completely ignoring the girl who had spoken. I shook my head and rubbed the tears from my eyes, whilst continuing to look for the beads. Jongup crouched down and picked up a bead. I looked at him and he stared deeply into my eyes, probably trying to find what Zelo could read easily earlier.

"Chun Ai? Why are their beads everywhere?" He asked her.

"I-I snapped her bracelet." She admitted quietly.

"Why?" Jongup asked.

"She doesn't deserve this kind of gift from you! GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU OPPA! Give it to me." She cried to him. Jongup marched up to her and grabbed the collar of her shirt, pulling her close to him so he didn't shout at her.

"This was given to her by her grandmother. This is very important to her, and you snapped it out of jealousy for something that was not true! I would never give it to you anyway. Never!" He almost threw Chun Ai backwards. She stumbled backwards and started crying. Dropping her head, she ran down the corridor.

Jongup came next to me and helped me pick up the beads. Awkwardly he put his arm around me and gave me a hug.

"Sorry." He mumbled. "I'm not good at this kind of thing. I usually leave it to the others." I giggled quietly.

"It's okay." When I couldn't see any beads around me, I sighed and leaned against the wall. Jongup looked around and smiled at me like he had just been hit by a lightning bolt of inspiration.

"Do you have all the beads?" He asked. I looked around and then nodded.

"I think so."

"Okay. Come with me then." He held out his hand and pulled me up before walking with me down the corridor. I followed him curiously, holding my beads in my hands. We walked up to the art department and opened the door to one of the classrooms. The teacher was sitting at her desk typing on her computer.

"Can we please use the craft room Miss?" Jongup asked very politely. The teacher looked up and nodded, smiling while pointing to the door to the left.

"Are you making more jewellery for us Jongup?" She asked.

"I am making jewellery but this time for Hana." He pointed to me then turned around and pushed me lightly into the room. He switched on the light on and I saw we where in a very small room with many little drawers and things I couldn't recognise.

"Welcome to my corner of security." Jongup chuckled quietly. "Yongguk and Himchan have the music room. I have this place." He took off his school bag and passed me a little pot. "Put the beads in here." He said. I dropped the beads in carefully. Then Jongup pulled out a drawing of my bracelet and stuck to a board.

"Wow. You're a good artist." I exclaimed.

"Thank you." Jongup said quietly and he opened a drawer before pulling out three pieces of string. He walked over to a seat infront of a giant magnifying glass and switched on a white light. He then began twisting the string and inserting the beads carefully. "If I do it like this, it will have stronger bonds." I sat quietly and watched him work, amazed that someone like Jongup could do something like this.

"You're missing a bead." He said after a while.

"What?" I asked, standing up and going over to see his work. A bead was missing? Really? "Can't you just cut the string and forget about the bead." Jongup shook his head and smiled.

"No. There is an equation in this. Mess with the result and you will mess up everything." He ran his hands through his air and looked around the room. His eye lit up as he looked at a drawer and walked over to it. He opened the drawer and smiled. He picked up a bead and smiled, holding it up to the light.

"I made this bead myself." He grinned proudly. I walked closer to him so I could get a better look. It was a blue bead with little stars painted on it from the inside. Jongup held it up to the light and smiled. "Look."

"What my heart tells me to do." I read out loud. Jongup nodded. "It's so pretty." Jongup smiled and sat back down at the table and worked on attaching it to my bracelet.

"Are you sure you want to put it here?" I asked.

"Yes." Jongup answered simply and finshed the bracelet and he tied it. Picking it up carefully he passed it to me. "Look after it." I took the bracelet and put it on my wrist as Jongup walked out the room.

"Yes Sunbae!"

"Don't need to call me that!" Jongup shouted back at me even though I couldn't see him.

"Yes Jongup!" I laughed. "I will look after it."


Thank you for reading~ ☆