Sunbae!

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

"Why can't I come?" I'd spent all of Saturday morning complaining to my parents. My grandmother, who was still livng in the UK had become unwell, and both my parents were going back there to visit her. I however, had to stay in Korea to continue with my school work. Somehow, I had managed to developed a sickness on Saturday afternoon as my parent left. My head pounded constantly, my eyes were droopy and I randomly broke out into cold sweat. It was hideous. I  tried to get myself better, with many different types of soup and tea and ended up staying in bed all weekend, but by Monday morning, I was still unwell. (I was getting better though, if I was strong, I'd most likely be better by Monday evening, or Tuesday morning) It wasn't nice but I still decided to go to school.

"You can't stay home." I told myself as breakfast in the morning. I sighed pathetically to myself and took a mouthful of hot tea.

"No," I sighed, rubbing my head. "I can't afford to miss school. It's not fair on my parents." *Why the heck am I talking to myself?*

"I'll come home if I start feeling worse." I nodded to myself and washed my cereal bowl. I had to get to school.

I picked up my bag and put my shoes on quickly. After putting a scarf on and covering my mouth with it, I headed off to school. To my pleasant surprise, Zelo was standing at the path outside my house. His hair was a little curled today, almost like it had been when we first met. Except slightly blue. And he was wearing a cap. I'm pretty sure he wasn't wearing a cap when we first met.

"Hey!" He called to me cheerfully with a warm smile that automatically dropped when he saw me wave a tired arm in the air. "What's wrong with you?" He asked me, coming closer.

"Stay back," I said with a muffled voice, holding my arms out in front of me for him to keep at a distance. "I have a sickness." Zelo looked at me with wide eyes, but then walked close to me anyway. He felt my forehead, like my mum had done and looked at my puffy eyes. He then took of his cap and put it on my head.

"If you're sick, then it's a good idea for you to stay warm. Your head too." He tapped the top of my head and we began walking to the school. I didn't want to take the metro, because - since I didn't have a mask - there was a possibility of spreading my sickness. And the ahjumma's really didn't need my sickness.

"I'm walking to school today." I pointed out to him, in case he didn't know. Zelo shrugged and kept walking with me.

"So? I'm still coming with you." He said, simply. I felt my cheeks burning when he said that. It made me feel really happy. *Zelo  is still going to walk to school with me. Even though he lived-* I suddenly remembered that Zelo lived closer to school then me. Of all my friends, I lived the furthest away from the school. What was Zelo doing all the way at my house?

"Zelo-" I started to say. To my surprise, Zelo stopped suddenly and placed a hand on his chest. "What? Do you have heartburn?"

"My heart seems to beat faster when you say my name." He chuckled shyly. We started walking again before I remembered what I was going to say to him.

"Why were you all the way at my house when you live closer to school then me?" I asked. We were half way to school by now. It seemed we were walking quite quickly today.

"Well, we're not in the same class anymore, so I won't really get to see you until lunch - or during break if you were to leave the classroom. I kind of miss you." He murmured the last part. But I still heard him clearly. My heart was beating twice as fast. *He is missing me?* It sounded too good. I missed him in class too. I missed his random comments, his messages and him asking for help in class. I missed it a lot. Eventually we arrived at school. As we were about to sit down, Daehyun, Mikhyun and Sunmi came up to us.

"The classes have changed again." Sunmi explained.

"What? Are we in the same class now?" I asked. Sunmi shook her head and pouted, but she didn't look that upset. For some reason, I had a feeling I knew why.

"No, I've been moved up to class 2A. So I'm not in the 1 class anymore," She explained. "But I'm in Youngjae's class now." That's what I thought. No wonder she looked so happy. Her and Youngjae had been getting on very well the past days. It was good, but it did mean I didn't have that much time with her anymore. *No! I shouldn't think like that. It's good that Sunmi is happy.*

"And my class too," Daehyun explained. "I'm permenantly in class 2A now. Minki and Mikhyun have been put into class 2B." Mikhyun nodded in agreement. 

"What about us?" Zelo asked Daehyun, who responded with a shrug.

"No idea," He admitted. "The class list is over there in case you want to find out." He pointed to a notice board by the school office. Zelo and I left the trio automatically and rushed over to the class list. On our way there, a senior girl - probably from Himchan and Yongguk's class - bumped into me. Stumbling a bit, I quickly gained my balance, but Zelo's cap fell off my head. The older girl bent down to pick it up.

"Here's your...hat." She said slowly, inspecting it. She handed it back to me with a blank expression before turning to go on her way.

"Thank you, sunbae!" I called out to her. We then continued walking to the class list. Thankfully there was no-one there so we could see our class list.

"Class 1A, Choi Junhong...and, Park Hana!" I exclaimed, reading down the list of names on the class list. "We've moved up a level. We used to be in 1B. Now we're 1A!" That was good, especially for me. It meant my grade work would be higher too.

"And we're in the same class. Wait a second..." Zelo looked back at the class list. "Moon Jongup. Jongup is in our class too." *Eh? Jongup?*

"Did he not get moved back up to class 2A?" I wondered, remembering that Jongup was pretty smart. Why would he be in a lower year set?

"Clearly not," Grinned Zelo. "But he is still young. Me and you are the youngest in this school and Jongup is not that much older then us." Oh yes, I'd forgotten that I was the youngest person in the whole high school. The bell suddenly rang for class and we cheerfully headed off to our classroom. When we got there, there was a mix of other students too. Some I recognised from our old class and some where new, people I didn't recognise at all. Zelo and I decided to sit together, at a seat near the back of the classroom by the window. This was my first time having a partner since I started school.

"I don't have to miss you anymore." I laughed to Zelo, hitting his arm playfully. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"You missed me?" He asked, with a tone of disbelief.

"Of course I did," I grinned, sleepily. "How could I not?" Zelo just smiled and scratched the back of his neck. Jongup then walked into the class and sat at the desk in front of us automatically. Something about him did not seem so cheerful.

"Hyung?" Zelo asked. "What's up?"

"I've been put in class year 1 that's what's wrong." He complained, turning around to face us.

"To be honest with you, you really shouldn't have been put in class year 2," Zelo sighed to him. "Seeing as you came to school the same time as me."

"Aish whatever, this isn't even funny." We decided just to leave Jongup to himself, complaining about his sudden year drop. I suppose it did sound pretty bad, almost as bad as being held back a year, except, Jongup had never done this stuff before. *How did he even get put in year 2?* I wondered to myself. Our teacher came in and handed around textbooks, whilst telling the students to 'shut up'. The joys of a new teacher. Mr Son was apparently a really strict teacher sometimes. *Doesn't even make sense.* I sighed to myself and put my head down on the table. It was pounding again and my ears were ringing. Suddenly I was shivering in my seat. Closing my eyes, I gradually fell asleep.

I woke to find Zelo nudging me gently. As I opened my eyes, I saw Mr Son standing beside me with a worried expression.

"Hana, are you feeling alright?" He queried. I rubbed my eyes and tried to smile, but I don't think it looked very comforting for him.

"I don't feel very well." I admitted, sitting up in my seat and picking up my pen. Mr Son looked at me again.

"Go outside and get some fresh air," He ordered. "If you take these bottles to the schools recycling centre, then it will look like you have a good excuse." I stood up and picked up the plastic bottles Mr Son had pointed at.

"Thank you." I walked out the classroom. School was usually quite quiet during class time. Walking towards the exit, I saw Yongguk hanging around the front door. "Are you on actual, proper guarding duty again?" I asked sleepily.

"Yup," He confirmed with a smile. "And you. Park Hana of class 1A. Where are you going and what are you doing?" 

"Bang Yongguk of class 3B. To the recycling centre to recycle these bottles." I held up the bottles so he could be sure. Pretending to be a guard, he picked up the clearly empty bottles and looked inside. He then tapped them several times and shook it around before handing it back to me.

"Seems legit," He said with a shrug. Opening the school gate, he let me out. "If you're not back soon, I'll be coming to find you, got it!"

"Uh-hu." I grinned and stepped outside. Today was not an overly warm day. My fingers where nipped my the cold as I held the bottles in front of me. Breathing the cool air deeply, I headed towards the recycling centre. Thankfully, it wasn't too far away. When I reached there I slowly put the bottles inside. After hearing them fall to the bottom with a light THUD I turned around to leave.

"Hana!" Someone called my name. Turning around, I saw a group of roughly six or seven girls standing in front of me. *Why are they not in class?* I wondered. "Hana come here." The group called me again. Cautiously, I walked towards them.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. The girls laughed sharply. I didn't like the sound of that at all.

"Is something wrong? I wonder," A familiar looking girl stepped forward and looked at me, straight in the eyes. "Yes. Lots of things are wrong."

"Should we list them for you?" Another girl said, walking around me like I was some sort of prey. I was starting to panic. A feeling that was rising from inside me was all too familiar. My mind suddenly flashed back to several incidents. A science experiment that failed. A broken bracelet. Deodorant being sprayed. Food being thrown. Clothes going missing. I didn't like where this was heading.

"Six girls in this school, are perfectly matched for six boys. Together, these twelve are the most perfect pairing ever created. But one day, another girl arrives. She breaks everything. Everything perfect about the match - she destroys." One girl explained. I was the seventh girl, right?

"She doesn't use class, cuteness or style. But she is a . A disgusting who uses her techniques to reach the boys." Another said. This was going too far. *I'm not like that.* "She becomes close the the boys, and the perfect pairing is deleted forever. Because of her."

"The innocent boys, can't see past her ways and devote all their time to her. Their perfect girls are lost-"

"You don't actually think that do you?" A voice from within me laughed out. I didn't have much courage, but I had more then enough pride to get them to stop talking about me like that. A cold looking girl stepped forward. Then I recognised - the senior class president!

"What are you talking about?" She snapped suddenly.

"If you were so perfect for them, they would have stayed with you. You probably weren't even set before I arrived. You are not their type!" Even though I was sure what I said was true, I had a feeling I was only making the situation worse. Turned out I had. The class president glared daggers at me, like she was trying to contain her anger. But she couldn't. Suddenly, she pushed me down onto the concrete floor. My elbows grazed against the floor. Then she kicked me. First in stomach, then the neck and my face. It hurt so much. I looked up through tears eyes to see another girl stand by me. She jumped on my hand several times.

"I'd like to see you play music and sports with that hand now!" She spat at me. I yelled out in pain, praying someone would come to help me. But no one did. I tried to get away, but the girls kept hitting me down. There was a metallic taste on the tip of my tongue. Blood.

"Don't try to get away you ugly ." One of them said before hitting my head of the ground. That was the worst. It was so painful, I wanted to faint. But I had to stay awake. God knows what they would do to me if I passed out. Then someone approached me with scissors. *Please don't cut me with that!* I begged in my head. The girl pulled me up by my hair.

"I heard they like girls with long hair. So lets fix you up." She snapped at me. I felt the scissors cut through my long hair. I dropped the the ground, brown hair was everywhere beneath me. My hair was short. Cut messily just by my shoulders. It was the least painful thing they had done to me. Then a rock was hit against my head.

ZELO'S P.O.V

"Hyung, were did Hana go?" Daehyun asked. Yongguk had sent us all a message, saying that Hana had left the school and hadn't come back. We needed to find her.

"To the recycling centre." He informed us. Then we all headed out in that direction. Inside I was praying she was alright. The worst I could think of was that she might have passed out. But that was the worst that could happen. Right? As we reached the centre, we heard lots of shouting.

"What the hell?" Himchan said, frowning. We turned the corner and saw something that made each of us feel sick with anger. Hana was getting beaten up. By some girls I didn't even know. Himchan and Yongguk ran over to her first, closely followed by the rest of us.

"What the are you doing!" Shouted Yongguk in his scarily deep voice. Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup pulled all the girls away. I went straight to Hana. Her hair had been cut, her arms were bruised, her hand looked damaged and she was bleeding. This was very bad.

"Oppa! She has been playing you all along. Why can't you see that?" The student council and senior class president shouted at Yongguk.

"Shut up!" Himchan yelled angrily. I looked back at Hana. She was unconscious and I was fearing the worst.

"Hana. Wake up, you can't sleep yet." I shook her gently, feeling very worried. I almost felt sick. The girls left suddenly. Youngjae and Himchan looked at each other and nodded.

"We'll get rid of them." Youngjae said, and he turned to Daehyun and Jongup. "We can name all those girls right?" They both nodded. "Right, we'll make sure those girls never come back to this school again. When Hana wakes up, tell her that we'll visit her later." They left to do their stuff. Yongguk swiftly came over to us and picked Hana up.

"Let's just get her home." He said, and headed towards the exit of the school. I followed picking up her school bag. Her house key fell out the pocket, so I picked it up and led the way.