Holiday?

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

I wasn't joking when I said the weather was getting hot, by the way. I'm not saying that you didn't believe me, but I'm just confirming my earlier statement. We good? Good. 

It was a hot day. I wasn't used to the temperature change from Britain to Korea, so I found it very hot. Even with suncream lotion on, I still managed to gradually get a tan, which was a bit dissapointing. In Britain, it was considered pretty to have a tan, so much so that people would wear fake tan (though, in my opinion they mostly looked orange) however here in Korea, you were prettier if you had pale skin. In Britain I didn't tan and in Korea I did, it seemed I had no luck to be considered 'pretty' or 'beautiful' anywhere I went.

A mid-term break was approaching us, and many students were anticipating it. Every break, plans and events were being made between various groups of people. Minki and Mikhyun had a basketball match with another school. Some really pretty sunbaes where having a party, with a whole bunch of popular people (Sunmi and Himchan had been invited, but both had refused politely). Shiyoon oppa, who I had recently met, was going to Hong Kong and some people were going to America to practise their English - though, I didn't fully see why they had to go to America to practise English.

Due to the nice weather, we had been successfully managing to get our teacher to give us more sports time in the hot sun. This morning, just before lunch our class were going to go outside to play softball. For the girls, our sports clothes were now changed for the summer term, which meant we wore shorts rather then cotten trousers, it was too hot for them anyway.

Sunmi and I lazed about at the back of the classroom. It was seriously too hot. Mrs Lee couldn't force herself to force us to do any work, so we all just sat uncomfortably around the classroom. Me and Sunmi were sitting on the floor with our back pressed to the cold radiator on the wall beneath the window. I had taken off my jumper and Sunmi pushed her socks down as much as she could. Zelo and Daehyun sat on the floor in front of us. We had outstreached our legs in an attempt to keep cool.

"How can your legs be so long?" Sunmi pointed out, noticing that my legs were longer then hers.

"But," I said in defense of myself. "I'm not that much taller then you."

"You still have long legs." She muttered and leaned back even further. I fanned myself with a piece of paper in my hand and rubbed my forehead. Zelo stretched his arms into the air and then collapsed forwards, putting his head on the floor in front of him.

"What the heck are you doing?" Daehyun asked lazily.

"Shutdown, sorry." Zelo said in English. I chuckled quietly and kicked him gently with my foot.

"Wake up." I said to him, also speaking English. Shaking his head from side to side, Zelo raised his head and smiled shyly at me. He was remembering the other night. I blushed and turned away, even though there was no real reason for me to feel shy. I couldn't remember what happened after I fell asleep. All I remembered was waking up on Zelo's bed while he was sitting at his desk with his head down.

Sunmi recieved a text message. Her phone buzzed in her pocket before she pulled it out and read the name on the screen. I tried to read her expression, which was easier said then done. First, she looked surprised to have recieved the message. Then, she looked confused as she put her finger on the screen to open it. As she read the message, a happy look spread across her face. I slyly looked over her arm to read the message:

Can I meet up with you after school? Please~ I promise you I'll not waste your time

Sunmi held her phone to her chest and smiled brightly, but not before I saw the name of the person who had sent her the message. Yoo Youngjae. I squealed slightly and gripped her arm as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wha- Did you read it!?" She exclaimed, looking at me shocked. I chuckled darkly and grinned at her.

"You can't hide anything from me," I laughed. Sunmi looked down, slightly embarrassed but then raised her head, a faint blush growing on her cheeks. She read the message again and then put the phone in her pocket. But then her face dropped.

"What if it's something bad?" She fretted.

"Why would it be?" I queried.

"I can't think of a reason but-"

"There won't be anything wrong."

"Well-"

"Put it this way, if he upsets you, tell me and I'll beat him up." Sunmi, Zelo and Daehyun all looked at me with shocked expressions. Then Sunmi smirked, Zelo chuckled and Daehyun just continued to stare at me. "What?" I asked, kind of confused.

"I haven't heard you talk like that before." Sunmi smiled, punching my shoulder lightly.

"Eh...."

"You seem quite tough now," Zelo laughed. "I like it."

"I was always like this," I smiled. "But now I have more confidence around you guys."

"Who was the message from?" Daehyun asked Sunmi. She blushed again but shrugged to cover it.

"A friend." Daehyun also shrugged and pulled out his own phone.

"Alright then," He said, before an evil look grew on his face. "A friend called... Yoo Youngjae?!" Sunmi and I looked at him with wide eyes. Was his guess serious? Or was it just a joke? *How did he guess so quickly?* I wondered to myself. Zelo also looked at Daehyun and then at us.

"Hyung," He smiled awkwardly. "You can't just make assumptions like that."

"It's not an assumpt-"

"Alright," Mrs Lee sighed, standing up and interupting whatever Daehyun was going to say. "Let's go to the sports field to play softball. Come one, come one." Tired from the heat and mumbling slightly, we lazily made our way out of the classroom and down towards the sports department. Me, Sunmi and the rest of the girls in our class walked into our changing room. I changed into my dark blue shorts and white top and with Sunmi, left the changing room. We sat at the exit door in the shade, waiting for the teacher to direct us to leave.

"Your legs look longer in those shorts." Sunmi pointed out.

"Will you stop commenting on my legs!" I snapped back at her. Sunmi giggled at me and jumped up as the teacher arrived with some cones and a baseball bat.

"Park Hana, Geum Sunmi," The Mrs Lee said to us. "Can you carry these down to the field while I lock up the cupboard?"

"Of course." We said together and we took the cones and bats from her. I leaned against the door to open it and we walked outside, followed by the rest of our class. It was nice outside, a slight breeze made it cooler outside then it was inside. When we reached the field, we placed the cones in four opposite corners as the bases, one cone where the bowler went, one where the batter stood and one just next to the fourth cone as the home base. The we sat on the grass underneath a tree.

"Sit over here," Zelo said to me before I sat down. "Next to me." He took my hand and pulled me onto the grass next to him. I gasped as I fell down next to him but smiled afterwards. Sunmi sat next to me and I lay back on the grass. Mrs Lee then came over to us and organised us into teams.

"Team One, Team Two, Team One, Team Two, Team Two, Team One, Team One, Team Two." She said, going through us all and pointing at us. I had Zelo in my team - Team Two - and Sunmi and Daehyun were together in Team One. Our team were feilding first so we spread out and held our postions. I couldn't be bothered fielding...it's when you actually have to do something. Zelo and I spoke quietly together instead of doing any work.

"What should we do for lunch?" Zelo asked me, looking around at the game.

"Hmmm, we definatly can't eat inside," I said. "It's way too hot."

"So..."

"Do you want to eat out here?" I questioned, pointing to the tree. "Since it's-"

"HANA, ZELO!" People were shouting. "THE BALL, GET THE FREAKING BALL!" We turned around at the same time to see the ball rolling at high speed to the other side of the field.

"Oh ." Zelo said, his reactions were much slower then mine as I was already planning. *Both run ---> Zelo stop half way ---> I get ball ---> Throw to Zelo ---> Zelo throw to home base.*

"Let's go!" I shouted at him, grabbing his arm and running as fast as I could. "You stop! I'll throw it to you." Zelo stopped running as I sprinted for the ball, catching it before it got too far. Taking two or three long stides, I threw it as hard as I could (which wasn't very far) and Zelo just managed to catch it. "Throw it home!" I shouted at him before he span around and launched it to our classmate at the home base. I looked to see who had hit the ball so far and was not that surprised to see Sunmi, running past the third base and heading for the home cone. She passed, just before the ball touched home, so she was considered safe. Grinning, she turned around and saluted to us before joining her cheering teammates. I clapped slowly and dramatically for her as the teacher swapped the teams around.

Thankful to get out of the sun, I walked with Zelo to the tree and lay underneath it. I put my hands behind my head and closed my eys. I heard Zelo sit next to me. With my eyes shut, I could hear many things. Cars driving past the front of the school, Team One deciding who should go where, Zelo breathing unsteadily...

"You look like a sleeping angel." He said quietly. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Why would you say something like that Junhong?" I asked, sitting up and turning away from him as a blush grew on my face. "You make it awkward you know..." Zelo chuckled and looked at me.

"You are blushing aren't you? Ha ha, you are very cute when you blush, you look like a cherry tomato." I turned around to him and scowled, which just made him laugh even more.

"I am not blushing," I snapped. "And what crazy person thinks cherry tomatos are cute?" Zelo stopped laughing at me and came close to me. I could feel his breath on my face and I held my breath. Just with our closeness I managed to feel faint.

"I really like..." Zelo said quietly, looking into my eyes. "Cherry tomatos" He winked at me and poked my forehead with his finger. I hit him gently on the arm and pushed him away from me.

"Why did you get so close to me to tell me that!?"

"Aww," Zelo laughed. "Did you think I was going to confess?"

"No!" I said quickly - maybe too quickly. "I thought you were going to say something meaningful!"

"Eh? Was that not meaningful?" I ripped some grass out of the ground and threw it at him.

"On what planet would that be considered meaningful?" I exclaimed. Zelo was nearly rolling on the floor laughing now.

"You're so funny when you are annoyed." He laughed out loud. I could see members of Team One looking at us like crazy fish in a tank. I crossed my arms and turned my back to him.

"Stop teasing me!"

"Choi Junhong! Get off the floor and bat for your team!" Mrs Lee shouted to him from the field. Zelo got up to bat and I took it as my oppertunity to lie back down on the grass. "Hana! Your turn." I sat back up again and saw my team mates holding the bat up for me. Zelo was standing at the second base. I walked down the the bottom of the hill and took the bat.

"Zelo needs to get back for us to draw," Minki said from behind me. "You need to get a home run for us to win."

"A home run? From me? That's funny." I said, swinging the bat around and taking my place in front of the cone. Mikhyun smiled at me from the bowlers stand and threw the ball to me. And I missed it. Someone threw it back to Mikhyun who stood ready again.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Hit it this time okay?"

"I'll try." I got ready and Mikhyun threw the ball again. This time, I hit it with all my strength and it sped across the field, not as far as Sunmi had hit it, but still pretty far. I dropped the bat and ran. I ran as fast as I could to the first base. "Zelo! Run home!" I shouted at him, with several other people. I stumbled past the second base as Zelo reached home - judging by the cheer from our team - and out the corner of my eye, I saw someone throw the ball towards Sunmi. I sped past the third base and headed for the fourth base. Sunmi threw the ball to Mikhyun who caught it and threw it to the person on the home base. Who missed it. *My chance!* I thought and slipped passed the home base, scraping my knees and hands.

"Safe! Home run!" Mrs Lee called. "Team Two win by 25 points to 23." We had won. Daehyun held out his hand and helped me up. I took his hand and limped slightly forwards with him towards Sunmi and Zelo.

"Well done," Sunmi grinned. "That was impressive."

"Are you alright?" Zelo asked, looking at me. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm fine. Let's go inside." I pointed to the school building and we all turned to go inside. When inside, I quickly remembered to ask them whether or not we should eat outside. Daehyun and Zelo agreed and Sunmi asked if she could eat with us today. I invited her happily and then we all went into our changing rooms to put out uniform back on. The bell rang for lunch and we made our way to the dining hall. Himchan and Yongguk were already there and we saw Jongup and Youngjae coming out of their classroom.

"Hyung," Daehyun said to Yongguk. "We're thinking about eating outside today, since it's so hot and there is no AirCon in here. You coming?" Yongguk looked at us and shrugged.

"I guess so." He said, picking up his lunch and standing up. Himchan also picked up his food and came over to us.

"Hey donsaeng," He smiled to me. "You fell over again."

"Yup," I laughed awkwardly. "During sports."

"Aish! You need to be more careful or else you'll hurt yourself badly one day." He patted my head and turned around to Youngjae and Jongup. "We're eating outside today." They both nodded and we all headed towards the exit.

"Sunmi," Youngjae spoke up. "Are you eating with us?" Sunmi nodded and almost instanly, Youngjae moved away from Jongup and began talking to her. They both ended up walking apart from us. We reached the big tree and happily sat in the cool shade. I chucked my schoolbag on the grass and sat down and began eating my lemon chicken. We mostly sat in silence until we finished eating our lunch.

"So what classes do we have this afternoon?" Youngjae asked up. 

"Maths and Language." Himchan said before taking out this bottle of water.

"...I really hate Maths and Language." Yongguk sighed afterwards. I smiled to myself and stretched my arms.

"We have Music right?" I asked my other three classmates. Daehyun and Sunmi nodded while Zelo just shrugged, clearly having no clue of what he was supposed to be learning.

"And we have Science and Art." Jongup said, pointing between himself and Youngjae. We nodded and began talking about various other things, such as EXO finally having a comeback, the hot weather, some juice and bubble tea that we really wanted, sports, the hot weather, Yongguk hating Maths and Language and lastly...the hot weather.

"Ah~ It's too hot!" Himchan complained, fanning himself with a jotter he took out of his bag. That was a brilliant idea...but I didn't have any jotters with me. Himchan noticed and he fanned me with his jotter too. I smiled and leaned closer to him to get more of the cool air.

"Himchan, you and Hana still look really good together," Youngjae said to us, jokingly. "You do like her don't you?" Himchan froze and looked at me with wide eyes. Nobody said a word.

"Himchan?" Yongguk said quietly, leaning forward a bit.

"N-no..." Himchan muttered. We sat awkwardly quiet. *Why did it take Himchan so long to answer?* I wondered. It was still silent. Uncomfortably silent.

"It's too hot!" I said loudly, taking away the silence. "I wish we could go on holiday!"

"Yah! We have a mid-term break coming up soon you know." Sunmi said to me.

"No," I said stretching. "I wish we could go somewhere."

"You mean, like to a beach together?" Jongup asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. Everybody thought about it for a few seconds.

"That actually sounds like a good idea." Daehyun said.

"Yeah, and my family have a summer home by the beach," Yongguk said making up the plan. "We could take the train there, stay for a night or two and then come back."

"Oh really? We can go?" I said, thinking about it.

"I like that idea." Zelo said, getting quite excited. Us going on holiday together. It did sound like fun.

"Himchan?" I asked. "You'll come too?" Himchan smiled brightly.

"Of course."

"Sunmi, you too?" I said inviting her. She nodded and grinned at me.

"Don't see why not~"

"Alright!" Youngjae said. *He's happy that Sunmi's coming* I laughed to myself. Jongup leaned back and nodded to himself, accepting the plan and probably thinking about something else, not that I know what that was.

"So we're going on holiday yeah?" Yongguk said in his deep voice.

"Holiday!"