I See You Differently

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

YONGGUK’S P.O.V 

“Why am I doing this again?” I asked, my eyes gazing up at the pathetic face of a pleading boy I’d been forced to call my ‘friend’ for the past…god knows how long. Okay…that is a bit hash, I’ll admit but-

“Because you like me?”  Zelo smiled at me, dropping his locked hands by his side and leaning against the wall behind him. My eyes flicked up to the clock behind me which read 6.21am. Did you read that properly?! 6.21AM!

“Can I ask why are at my house so early?” I questioned, scratching my leg with the opposite foot. Zelo rubbed the back of his head and shrugged slightly, with a mischievous smirk placed on his face. *I think I taught him that smirk* I chuckled quietly to myself.

“Because you wouldn’t do it if I didn’t turn up.” He stated simply. I nodded in agreement just as a strong blast of wind blew down the street, causing me to shiver, since I was only wearing a vest and sports trousers.

“True that.” I nodded again and tapped the side of the door. “But that doesn’t explain anything. Why am I doing this?”

“So I can win the bet!” He laughed, in a sing-songy voice. *Ah the bet. I made him focus on that too. Great Yongguk, you’re killing yourself here. Zelo’s both smirking at you and waking you up at half past six in the morning. Take it back! Take everything back!*

“Well what are you hoping to achieve?”

“She’ll like me,” He explained. “I have plans you know.”

“Fine, whatever,” I sighed in defeat, before taking my phone out my pocket. “But if Himchan asks then you take all the blame. Got it! I’m not dealing with that okay?"

"Deal." Zelo stood up and stretched his arms out in front of him and to the side.

"This better be worth it kid." I grinned. He nodded, with a smile that a girl would classify as cute. *Speaking of cute...* "Zelo...why the hell are you dressed like that?" My eyes looked up and down at the clothes he was wearing. Jeans, a light shirt and an argyle sweater. It was...cute.

"It's all part of my plan." He laughed, tugging on the bottom of his jumper. "Will you just do it then?" I nodded and tapped my pockets to pull out my phone. I typed the message quickly and pressed the send button.

"Happy now?" I asked, showing my evidence to the tall kid. He nodded and stepped back, showing he was going to leave now.

"Thanks hyung," He smiled and saluted as a good bye. "I owe you one." Shaking my head, I smirked to him and closed the door. It was freaking cold.

HANA'S/YOUR P.O.V 

"What?!" I exlaimed, sitting up off my bed. Tossing the book I had been reading to the side, I read the message again.

Message from: Leader Yongguk
- Emergency!
- Go to this address ASAP 

The message from Yongguk flashed up on my screen again. *An emergancy? This is not good!* Holding my phone in my left hand, I ran downstairs and waved the message in front of my dad. If I didn't know how to get somewhere in Seoul, he certainly did.

"Dad! Dad where is this place?" I asked, hurridly, worrying for my friend. He took the phone from me and thought out loud.

"Right - you take the city bound train three stops and when you get off you'll come to a large shopping street. If you turn left at the Dunkin' Donuts, you'll see a large apartment complex. It's right there." He gave me directions to the address Yongguk had messaged me.

"What's wrong?" My mum asked as I ran passed her to put on my shoes.

"I'm not sure!" I yelled back to her. As I fastened my jacket, I heard dad explain about the emergancy. I went back into the kitchen and picked my phone up off the table before shoving it into my pocket. "I need to go now! Bye!" I called to them as I left quickly and ran down the road.

I was worried for my friends. I didn't know what was wrong, and I didn't know who was hurt, but it was an emergancy and I had to get there as soon as possible. I ran through my quiet little neighbourhood. It wasn't a paticularly nice day. The sky was grey and it felt quite cold and windy, but I still ran. I had to slow down as I reached the busy streets, with all the people walking around. *It's always busy here. All day and all night*

When I reached the metro stop, I waited impatiently for the city bound train to arrive. It seemed to be taking ages. A group of six or seven teenage boys where also standing there, along with two ahjumma's and a business man in a suit. I tapped my foot as I waited for the train to come.

"Hey!" One of the boys called out. I turned around to see a tall boy with dark skin and dark hair looking at me. He had a powerful charisma which I could see, even though he was no where near me. He waved his hand for me to walk over to them, but I didn't. *Hahahaha. No* I looked down the track to see if the train was coming or not. I still couldn't see it.

"Hello?" An even talled one said. He had curly hair and a cute-yet-slightly-creepy smile. "Can you help us?" He asked. I looked over to them again, curiously and frowned.

"Please?" Another one said. This one didn't look all that much older then me. I looked at them skeptically and walked over to them.

"What's wrong?" I asked, keeping a few paces back from them. One of the other boys with dark hair held out a cookbook in front of me. I looked at them and then at the book. Back to them. And back to the book. "It's a book."

"Can you read it?" The dark one asked me with a smile. *Damn this guy's good.* I thought, being absorbed by his charm. I took the book from the pale one with the dark hair. It was in French. *Why did they buy a French cookbook?*

"A bit," I admitted flicking through the pages and looking at the tasty food. "But not very well."

"So you can read it?" The curly haired guy said. "So Kris won't have a problem reading it to you." He said to the boy who had been holding it.

"It's English at least..." The young one smiled.

"Just because I can read it," I butted in. "Doesn't make it English." I saw the train coming and pulled my ticket out of my pocket. The boys all looked at me as I stepped toward the edge of the platform.

"What do you mean?" The dark boys said, slightly confused.

"It's French!" I laughed as I walked onto the train. I walked over to stand in a empty spot and looked out of the window at the boys. Two that hadn't spoke at all where laughing along with the dark one. The curly haired boy was reading the book and looking like he couldn't tell the difference. The one who had bought the book looked like he was going to cry. I shook my head and waved at them as the train began to move again. Only then did I notice that they looked very familiar...

My mind then went back to worrying for my friend. *Why is this train taking so long?* I complained to myself. After what felt like 30 minutes, I arrived three stops away from my house. I ran of the metro (literally) and down the street following the directions my dad had given me. Before me was a large shopping street, and at the end of it was a Dunkin' Donuts. So I ran. Trying to not crash into anyone, I ran as fast as I could, a sence of ugancy coursing through my body. 

When I reached Dunkin' Donuts, I stopped, trying to catch my breath. Putting my hands on my knee's I leaned forward and breathed heavily. *I must be really unfit* I thought to myself as my legs shook beneath me. I raised my head and saw a large, and rather posh looking apartment complex in the distance, behind a couple of buildings in the foreground. It looked so far away.

"You've got to be kidding me." I muttered to myself in English, looking at how far away the building was. Sighing, I stood up straight and after checking my red faced reflection in the window, I set off down the road as fast as I could in the busy downtown Seoul shopping district. There was a bubble tea shop and a CD shop next to each other, but between them was a steep path, which looked like it lead up to the apartment complex, so I headed up there, tripping several times. With scuffed knees and a strained heart, I reached the top. Only to see that the complex was up another hill behind some buildings. At least I could see a set of stairs leading up to it.

"Does this guy think he's Repunzle or something?" I complained again, thinking of his as a quest to save a princesses. I parted my hair at the back and crossed a quiet road to head up the stairs. After 50 steps and really tired legs I reached the top and saw the complex not too far in front of me. It was like I had reached an impressive goal. I was tired, exhusted and sore but I wasn't finished yet. I needed to get to the 24th floor of this apartment complex. The second top floor. Two ladies were walking out of the building, so I took it as my chance to enter. 

"The elevator isn't working." One of them said as they left. I nodded and smiled at her though inside I was dying. 

"24th floor," I cried silently to myself. "20...4th floor." Clenching my fist, I stood at the bottom of the staircase and looked up. "3 - 2 - 1!" And on 'one' I began to run up the stairs.

First floor.

...

Third floor.

...

Eighth floor.

"This better be a freaking emergancy."

Thirteenth floor.

...

Fifteenth floor.

...

Eighteenth floor.

...

Twenty-first floor.

"I feel like I'm going to collapse."

Twenty-third floor.

...

Twenty-fourth floor.

Finally, I had made it. A twisting feeling grew in my stomach and little white dots bounced around the outside of my eyes. I wobbled my way over to the door number mentioned on my text from Yongguk. *I hope everythings okay* I thought. I rang the bell and waited in the silence for a few minutes. A rattle of the door and it opened to reveal Zelo, standing there with a warm and welcoming smile.

"Hana! It's nice to see you."

"Are you okay?" I said in a exhusted voice.

"What?" Zelo asked slightly confused.

"Are you...alright?" I asked again, swinging slightly to the side.

"Yes," Zelo said with a smile. "I'm fine."

"That's good." I smiled back weakly.

"Hana..." Zelo's quiet voice said. "You don't look very-"

Then everything went black.

 

 


 

When I woke up, I was in a stange and unknown room. It was tidy and pale but well furnished. My shoes where on the floor beside me and I saw my jacket and jumper hanging up on a coat hanger in the hallway. I touched my head and felt and cold cloth on my forehead. I had a heavy white blanket on me and a soft pillow behind my head. Quickly, I realised that I was in a living room and on someones sofa to be precise.

Slowly, I sat up and held the cold cloth in my hands. Then Zelo walked in. His tall figure stood in the doorway, and slightly worried expression on his face as he tried to smile at me. The sleeves of his jumper was rolled up and the collar of his shirt was pulled out. His hair was straight and styled messily in a cute fashion. He looked very attractive. My heart sped up quickly when I saw him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. 

"Better, thank you." I smiled at him. He smiled back and we were both awkwardly quiet. "What was the emergancy?" I asked him.

"Huh?" He questioned back at me. I pulled my phone out my pocket and opened the text from Yongguk.

"This..." I said, holding the phone out for him to look at. He walked over to me and sat on the floor in front of the sofa. Taking the phone off of me, he read the message before smiling at me.

"There is no emergancy," He laughed gently. "It's fine."

"Then why did he-"

"I asked him to find away to get you to come here," He admitted. "I wanted to see you." He shyly looked away at the floor as my heart leapt for him. "I was going to take you out today," He continued. "But seeing as you passed out, I don't think that is a very good idea." I mentally face palmed myself as I realised that in rushing to get here, I had ruined Zelo's plans. Ruined everything.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, tugging on parts of the blanket.

"Don't worry about it," He smiled. "I'm kind of happy that you damaged your own health just to come to see me." I continued looking away as he spoke. Suddenly, his hand reached to my face and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Honestly, thank you."

He stood up and started looking for something on the shelves as I pulled the blanket of of me and stood up off the sofa. I noticed I had bandages tied around my knees again. *Zelo must have helped me again* I thought, examining his first-aid skills. *He's getting better at it.* 

"Will your parents mind me being here?" I asked. Zelo chuckled slightly and turned to look at me.

"I doubt it," He said. "Seeing as they don't live here."

"You...live alone?" I asked, wondering how childish Zelo could possibly live on his own. I couldn't live on my own yet. I still needed my family.

"Yup," He explained. "My parents gave me this apartment so that I could come to school here and they could still work away."

"Oh..." My Zelo did live alone. And had been for quite a long time by the sound of it. He didn't seem so childish anymore. "Somehow, that makes me see you diferently." I admitted nodding. Zelo smiled at me before guesturing around his apartment.

"Well, it looks like you should spend today here," He grinned happily. "I have many films, games and things. Lot's of food and a guitar so you should play for me." I stood up smiling and walked towards the kitchen. 

"Let's watch movies," I called to him. "You choose one and I'll get some snacks to eat."

"Okay!" Zelo called back, a sing songy tone rang in his voice. "I wasn't joking about you playing the guitar you know."

 


Thank you for reading~