A Failing Experiment

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

Almost a week had past since I shouted at Zelo. Since he insulted me beyond my own understanding. It didn't hurt me anymore though. It made me very angry. I had been picked on before. Bullied in Britain as well. For many different things. But not for this kind of reason. *Being called a ?! Can you believe that?* I shook my head as I continued running around the sports pitch of my school.

I clenched my fists as I ran faster. *How dare I be called a ! Me of all the people! That kid has no idea what he's talking about!* I sprinted forward as fast as I could. Looking behind me I saw the rest of the PE class quite far behind. *How fast was I running?* I thought as I stopped, giving them a chance to catch up. Sunmi was pretty close now.

"Don't stop!" She shouted. I frowned at her. She shook her head and ran up to me. Then I remembered, this was still a race after all. I turned around and ran, but I didn't seem as fast this time. I wasn't stressed or angry. I needed to get pissed off again before I was taken over. *He called me a ! He thinks I'm trying to get attention from him. Why would I want attention from him?! Of all people!* That was it. I was running faster, remembering that I had used running as a stress release in Britian.

I shot off round the track again and looked at the teacher who held one finger up and drew a circle in the air. *One more lap. Got it.* I ran as fast as I could. I had to keep up this pace even though it felt like my heart was going to stop working any moment. I felt my hair blowing back behind me like a cape on a superhero. *Haha yes I'm a superhero! What should be my superpower? Telekinisis? Yeah okay, my superhero name can be Luhan. Actually teleportation would be helpful right about now. Right call me Kai!* I laughed to myself and ran faster.

I noticed Sunmi, Minki and Daehyun almost in front of me. I laughed and picked up my pace. Finally we had crossed the line. I couldn't tell who crossed the line first. And neither could the teacher apparantly who told us it was 'too close to call'. I sighed and sat down on the grass, trying to catch my breath. I breathed slowly and soon as I was back to normal.

Sunmi walked up to me smiling.

"You ran like a superhero!" She laughed shaking her head.

"That's funny, I was just thinking about being a superhero. I was thinking a name like Kai! What you think?" Sunmi tapped the side of her head.

"Hmmm...Teleportation? No it looked more like you where flying. So Kris is more appropriate yeah?" I smiled at her. I stretched and we walked towards the school so we could get changed.

"So my nickname is now Kris? Well you looked like you had a fire about you, so should I call you Chanyeol?"

"Yes MAMA MAMA. Wait no your more like a MACHINE!"

"So...are you an EXOtic?" I asked. Sunmi grinned and scratched her head.

"I might be." She smiled. We walked into the school and towards the changing room. I held my throat and sighed.

"I'm really thirsty right now." We walked into the changing room and changed back into our school uniform. I splashed some cold water on my face and waited for Sunmi. She was taking a while so I walked towards the window and opened it. The cool air cooled me right down. I closed my eyes and smiled. I had started to love the cold weather. It reminded me of Britain. Sunmi called my name so I closed the window and walked up to her.

"Yes? What's up Sunmi?" I asked walking up to her. She was holding a bottle of pink liquid.

"I got this new perfume. Do you want to try it?" I looked at the bottle.

"Sure!" Sunmi sprayed some on me. It smelt nice like some sweet flowers. Usually I wore a vanilla perfume but today I had forgot to put any on so Sunmi's perfume so it smelt great.

"Wow this smells really nice." I smiled, just as the bell rang for lunch. Sunmi waved goodbye as she, Minki and Minhyun left to go home for lunch. *I wonder if they eat in their own homes, or if the visit each other* I thought as I took my lunch out of my locker. I saw Zelo walking towards a table. He was still ignoring me. *He is such a child. He is so very immature.* I thought while mentally sticking my tongue out. I was planning to go to the library for lunch, but Himchan walked up to me and puched me to the table Zelo was sitting at. Even though he had been doing this nearly every day, I still didn't know why, or fully understand why.

I sat at the table without complaint because I was eating, but as soon as we sat down, ready to fight for my freedom.

"Himchan. I love sitting with you, I really do...but I have a Science test next and I need to study." I smiled, trying out aegyo, hoping it would work. It did. Sort of.

"Waah! So cute~ Now I can't let you go at all!" ..... Well at least my aegyo works. But I always thought it was suppossed to be to get what you want. Clearly not. I sighed and pulled out my textbook while eating some food, which I had now become accustomed to Youngjae fangirlling over and taking photos and Himchan eating. In fact it would have been weird if they didn't.

"Let's study together please!!" Daehyun called, sitting next to me. He pulled out his textbook and we both started cramming. We quized each other on how to prepare the practical. I highlighted things in Daehyun's notebook to help him out. He smiled throughout the whole thing.

"I think I can do this, Hana. I really think I can!" He hugged me out of happiness, which made Yongguk and Jongup laughed. Himchan acted like the protective older brother and Youngjae joined in acting like the jealous boyfriend.

"Yah! What are you doing! Don't hug my little sister. Leave her alone you weirdo!" Himchan said widening his eyes.

"Yeah! Don't touch my girl! I hardly get any time with her, yet you just go around hugging her as you please. Get off." Youngjae pouted.

"No. This is my chance to confess. I love you Hana! I love you!" We all started laughing uncontrollably, except Zelo of course. My sides where starting to hurt alot. Youngjae seemed to be hurting the most.

"Man I'm gonna laugh myself a six-pack at this rate." He said between laughs. Which started us all laughing again. Yongguk was shaking his head and frowning, or trying to.

"You guys watch too many drama's." He sighed, trying to keep the place calm as his booming laugh stopped slowly. We sat quietly and I touched the side of my face. My cheeks where really hot. *I guess I still haven't cooled down since PE* I picked up the cool juice and held it up to my face to try and cool down. Jongup looked at me and smiled. Why did he always seem to notice me when I was red?

"Did you like Daehyun's confession?" He asked, grinning. I looked at him.

"What? No! I'm still hot from PE." I shook my head, instantly. Jongup laughed.

"Sure sure, and why don't I believe you?" He looked away as I lifted my textbook to cover my face. Daehyun looked at his own textbook but still spoke towards   Jongup. 

"She's probably telling the truth. She was running very fast in PE today. I think she'll be scouted for Sport's day." Suddenly I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"What? Scouted for Sport's day?" Himchan said.

"Yeah." I looked at everyone at the table. *Is Sport's day a big thing? Wait, I'm not even that fast am I?*

"Sport's day is not a big thing is it?" I asked looking at everyone. 

"No Sport's day is not a big thing." Yongguk said as I sighed. "Being scouted for Sport's day however is something else." I widened my eyes at Yongguk.

"Basically, everyone takes part in sports day." Youngjae said.

"And it's just for fun." Added Jongup.

"But if you where scouted, then it's a whole different story." Yongguk explained.

"Because everyone in your year is counting on you to win. If you win, then they get a day to lotte world. And for some reason, every Highschool student wants a trip to lotte world." Himchan said.

"Because then it is closed to the public and only opened to your year." Daehyun finished. I nodded slowly.

"Seems stressful." I said finally.

"Not as stressful as this test." Daehyun said looking at the clock just as the bell rang. We all stood up and waved goodbye as we went to class.

"Hana, Daehyun, Zelo. HWAITING!!" Himchan and Youngjae called to us. We smiled and waved as we walked to the science lab. I noticed Daehyun looking slightly worried, like he had just hit Yongguk with a car or something.

"It'll be fine, Daehyun. We studied remember?" I smiled as Daehyun nodded. Zelo just shook his head and sighed.

"This experiment is easy. If you screw it up then you're an idiot." Zelo said as he walked into the classroom. We looked at him and shook our head. We walked into the lab and took a seat at the desk. I watched Zelo with his cool and careless style. He ran his hand through his curly hair. I noticed the wind from the window blowing his hair slightly. Some how I could smell his fresh scent from the other side of the classroom. I felt my heart jump and beat faster. I put my hand on my heart trying to slow it.

"Hana?" Daehyun said, holding my shoulder. I turned to face him too fast and he looked at me startled. "Are you okay?" I looked at him blankly for a moment before smiling.

"Yes...I'm fine. I was just wondering why the window was open, when we where some of the first people in this classroom." *THANK YOU JONGUP!* I was even startled at my own response. That had to be the quickest lie I have ever made up in my life. Daehyun smiled and pointed to the equipment on our desks.

"I got yours too." He smled. I looked at all the equipment on the desks.

"Thank you Daehyun." I walked up to the desk and put my goggles and lab coat on. "We can do this." Daehyun also put his coat on and the whole class looked at Mr Jin who told us the type of experiment we where doing and what our outcome had to be. We set to work setting up the equipment and started mixing chemicals in the beakers. 

I held my beaker up high and added some universal indicator to make sure my mixture was an alkali. It turned purple, so I happily poured my mixture into the final test tube. Mr Jin walked up to me and looked at my test tube.

"Yes, this looks fine Hana." I smiled as I was told my work was done well. "Can you do me a favour and get the write up papers from the science base?"

"Yes sir!" I said taking off my goggles and placing them on the desk. Daehyun smiled at me from the other side of the table.

"Hana! I might pass this one you know! I mean I always pass, but still. I don't think I can fail!"

"Yay! Hwaiting Daehyun." I giggled and walked out of the classroom to get the write up papers.

3rd PERSON P.O.V 

Hana walked out of the classroom and towards the science base. In the mean time, the rest of the class worked hard on their experiments. Sort of. Daehyun stepped away from his beaker table and went to the test tube rack to get his final test tube.

At the back of the classroom a girl with long hair that had been puffed up with too much hairspray, looked around the classroom. She saw that Hana's table was clear and she walked up to. Making sure no one was watching, she poured in a bottle of bronze metal. Soon Hana's alkaline experiment had turned bright red and was fizzing. She walked away from the table and laughed quietly to herself. 

"I hear the Kingka's hate stupid girls. These two hate them the most. If they can't do a simple experiment, they won't like them at all." She walked back to her own table and stood next to Zelo.

"Hey Zelo, it seems that Hana is an idiot. Look at her experiment." She said. Zelo looked up and frowned at Hana's experiment. He tried to force a laugh but he couldn't. '*Hana's not an idiot. How could she make that kind of mistake?*

Daehyun walked back to the table and noticed Hana's experiment just as she walked in. Hana gasped when she saw her test tube bright red. She quickly put the paper on the teachers desk and ran up to her test tube.

"Oh man what happened what happened?! Waah!! This is very bad!" She cried in English, trying to find out what she had done wrong. Daehyun watched her, just as confused. The girl who sabotaged her experiment laughed quietly to herself and fixed hermascara  covered eyelashes while Zelo just watched, un sure of what to do.

Daehyun looked at Hana's failed project and then looked at his own. Hana was still panicing, and she decided to try again quickly. She walked over to the other side of the classroom and picked up the metals and liquids she would need for her retry, but the teacher told the class to stop. Hana put down the chemicals and sighed. She felt like crying.

"Okay." Mr Jin said. "Daehyun, I'm afraid you fail this experiment. It's suppossed to be an alkali substance not an acid." Hana turned around shocked. Daehyun's experiment had failed. "Hana, however. You're experiment was done very well. You pass."

"What?!" Hana and the other girl at the back of the classroom called. Daehyun had swapped his and Hana's experiments. He had failed, for the first time, to help her out. Hana walked up to Daehyun and looked at him. Daehyun smiled weakly before looking at the floor. Mr Jin told the class to leave after he had checked everyones experiment. They all picked up their things and left the lab.

When they got out of the lab, Hana tugged on Daehyun's sleeve.

"Why did you do that?" She asked. Daehyun shrugged and smiled.

"You shouldn't have failed. People shouldn't have ruined your work. I couldn't let you fail." He said. Hana let go of his sleeve. It was the end of the day and everyone was heading home.

"Thank you very much." Hana bowed. Daehyun blushed.

"You don't need to bow to me." He said.

"And you don't need to fail because of me." Hana said and she turned around and ran to back to the science lab. When she was in the classroom, Daehyun turned around and saw the girl with the big hair walking down the corridor. He ran up to her and pulled her arm.

"Oppa!" She smiled, looking like she would faint from happiness.

"If you ever sabotage Hana's work again, I will get you kicked out of this school. Understand!?" The girl scowled.

"Why shouldn't I? That needs a lesson-"

"UNDERSTAND?!" Daehyun shouted at her.

"Yes." She said quickly, looking like she would burst into tears any moment. Daehyun let go of her and walked down the corridor towards the dining hall where the rest of B.A.P where.

HANA P.O.V 

I walked into the lab and bowed to Mr Jin.

"Sir, I need a favor, please!" I scratched my head and looked at him nervously. He nodded at me and smiled.

"What is it?"

"Um...Can you give Daehyun a chance to resit please." I asked bowing to him.

"Why are you asking." I stood up straight.

"Well, something happened to my experiment when I left the classroom and it turned acidic. Daehyun swapped our experiments so I wouldn't fail." Mr jin nodded.

"I see."

"Please let him resit!" I exclaimed, putting my hands together.

"Okay...tell him to come up at sometime and he can resist his test."

"Really?" I smiled, happily. "Thank you very much sir. I'm going to go see if I can catch up with him and tell him. Thank you again!" And I ran out of the classroom.

B.A.P P.O.V 

"Himchan!" Daehyun said as B.A.P where walking down the path towards the exit of the school. "You owe me big time!" Himchan frowned and looked at Daehyun.

"How so?" He asked.

"Your sister's experiment failed. So I swapped ours so she didn't fail." Himchan stopped walking and widened his eyes.

"Really? Waah! Thank you so much!!" Himchan bowed to Daehyun slightly. "Okay, I'll treat you to coffee."

As this conversation was going on, Zelo and Yongguk where walking slightly ahead having their own conersation when Himchan joined in.

"Zelo, don't you think this ignoring Hana is getting a bit stupid." Yongguk said, holding Zelo's shoulder.

"Well, what else do I do?"

"Think about it Zelo...she dared you to try and get her..." Yongguk laughed as he noticed Himchan's shocked expression.

"You think I should - are you sure?" Zelo looked at Yongguk, sensing a fun game coming on. Yongguk nodded and smiled and Zelo turned to walk down towards the metro stop.

"Okay! It's on!" Zelo laughed as he walked down the path. Himchan just froze and looked at Yongguk.

"How could you? I seriously hope you have a plan Bang Yongguk!"

"I do, I do - don't worry."