Holiday! (The Journey)

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

"Have a good time!" My mum said, giving me the one hundredth hug as I stood by the front door with my backpack on. In a few hours, me and my closest friends were going to be going on mini holiday together to the beach.

"Remember to wear sun cream and drink plenty of water." My dad said to me from behind my mum. I nodded to him and saluted like usual.

"Yes sir!" I laughed and held the straps of my light blue backpacks and got ready to open the door. Before I did, I checked my reflection in the mirror by the entrance. Today I was wearing white shorts and a light pink box t-shirt with the words: "You knows ma love fro nobodys but you~" in white - even though the English is pretty appalling, I still found it really cute so I wore it - and some light blue converse which matched my bag. I opened the door.

"Text us every now and then so we know you are doing good." My mum said, giving me the one hundred and first hug.

"I will," I laughed. "It's only for two or three days. Don't worry about me."

"Have fun!" They said to me as I left.

"I will!" I grinned waving good bye to them and I walked quickly down the street. Put my white headphones on and played 'Yoohoo' by Secret, which sounded appropriate. Almost skipping, I arrived at the metro stop were I saw Sunmi and Zelo waiting for me already. I waved at them and took of the headphones. "Hi!" I called to them, feeling quite excited.

"Hey." Zelo said to me as I got next to them. 

"Hi," Sunmi greeted me. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good." I laughed. "I'm quite excited for this you know." Sunmi and Zelo both smiled and nodded.

"Me too," Sunmi said, clapping her hands together. "I wonder what it'll be like."

"I've been there once before," Zelo said, scratching the back of his neck. "Last time it was alright, but we just sat around or played a bit of sports." I frowned, a bit dissapointed. Then I made a plan, and declared it by hitting my fist off the palm of my hand.

"That will not do at all!" I said out loud. "Let's go on an adventure. We can go to the beach, but let's go look around too."

"What?" Zelo said, sounding like I was making him do something unthinkable. Sunmi poked Zelo's head and sighed.

"Don't be so lazy." She scoffed. I looked closer to what they were wearing. Sunmi had short denim shorts and long white vest and a minty-green backpack. She was also wearing the hidden-wedge sneaker shoe things, so she was taller then me by a few centimetres. Zelo had a blue vest on and some long shorts along with some sneakers. He also had a backpack.

"Whatever," Zelo shrugged, taking a few steps away from Sunmi. "We're just waiting for Youngjae now, and then we'll meet the others at the express link train station alright." I nodded and looked around before quickly turning back to them. *Wait, what?*

"Why are we meeting Youngjae here?" I asked, thinking that it sounded quite pointless for him to come this way, rather then meeting him at the train station. Zelo put his hands up and shrugged.

"I honestly have no idea," He stated, while looking out for the metro to arrive. "I was wondering that too." We stood awkwardly quiet for a few moments. My stomach was twisting with excitement. I hadn't been on a holiday without my family before. This was my first one with friends. And boys. I had a sudden thought of us at the beach together. Just picturing that made me feel flustered and a blush grew on my face really quickly. I looked down the track and saw a metro coming towards us.

"Could Youngjae be on this one?" I asked out loud. Zelo and Sunmi looked at the oncoming metro train. Zelo frowned slightly.

"Maybe."

"Probably." They said at the same time. I looked at them both and scoffed at their useless answers. They also both seemed pretty awkward. It made me feel uncomfortable. The metro slowed to a stop at our station and we waited patiently as the passangers around us got on and off. Then we saw Youngjae bound his way onto the platform.

"Youngjae!" I called to him, waving my arm in the air to get his attention. He turned to face us and then walked towards us. He ran his hands through his hair as we met in the middle.

"What's up?" Zelo asked him casually as we met.

"I'm good," Youngjae said simply. "We ready to go?" We nodded. Sunmi stood quietly and pointed to the other side of the platform.

"We need to be on that side." She pointed out. Youngjae smiled and grabbed her hand before leading the way to the other platform. I kept still, momentarily shocked. *Youngjae just held - no. Is STILL holding Sunmi's hand. Are they? Does that mean they're...dating?* I watched them walk ahead. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zelo, also staring after them. He looked between me and them several time.

"Eh?" He said, pointing at them and tilting his head. He walked beside me and looked at me while still pointing at them. I just stared at this new pairing in front of me. "What is this? How lo-? Since whe?...Eh?" He asked me. I felt a faint smile grow on my lips, but I was still shocked. Sunmi hadn't told me anything about this. She hadn't even told me what their conversation after school that day was about. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I said and tried to walk forward, but Zelo stepped in front of me.

"You could have told me this you know." He said with a smirk.

"I didn't know," I chuckled and walked past them. We then jogged up to either side them and prepared for an interigation. "Unnie."

"Hyung." We approached them and spoke at the same time.

"What is this?" I asked, guesturing to their still linked hands. I could see Sunmi's face blushing slightly. She was still embarrassed by this, even though she did like Youngjae. She stried to pull her hand away but Youngjae held it tighter.

"I noticed that hyung," Zelo said, smirking. We stopped walking and waited for the next metro to come that would take us to the train station. "You like her a lot huh?"

Youngjae smiled with a nod and pulled Sunmi closer to his body. "Yes I do."

HIMCHAN'S P.O.V

We stood slightly impatiently at the express link train station for the others to come. The others being Youngjae, Sunmi, Zelo and Hana. Why the heck Youngjae had decided to meet up with them first instead of coming right here was a mystery to me but anyway. It was still pretty hot today, it had been lately. But summer was always hot in Korea.

I remembered the time that Hana told me about summer in Britain, and the fact that it rained more then it was sunny. I tried to imagine a cold summer, but it was quite difficult. I looked down the track and threw my hands into the air.

"Aish! Why is it taking so long?" I complained. "It's going to be too late to do anything by the time we get there." Jongup, Daehyun and Yongguk looked at me with weird expressions.

"Calm down," Daehyun said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "It won't be that much longer."

"But I'm gonna be tanning at this rate!" I complained, putting my head in my hands. Jongup chuckled lightly and Yongguk just laughed at me. We stood quietly for another few moments before Jongup's curiousity got the better of him.

"So what are we going to be doing?" He asked.

"Sleeping on the beach?" Suggested Yongguk, stretching his arms as well. I laughed

"Knowing Hana she's going to make us go on an adventure or something." I said out loud, noticing I had a dryness in my throat. Looking around, I noticed a vending machine by the door and checked my pockets. I had spare money. "I'm just going to get a drink." I said, guesturing to the vending machine. As I was pressing the number for a bottle of water, Yonngguk came up in front of me and leaned against the machine.

"I never asked you," He said. "What was all that about the other day?"

"Huh?" I asked, picking up my bottle of water.

"You were asked if you liked Hana and you didn't instantly deny it." He said. My eyes instantly dropped to the bottle. I knew what he was talking about, but what could I say back to him? 

"Well..."

"Do you?" Yongguk was interigating me quickly. I still couldn't raise my eyes. I wasn't sure. I couldn't tell properly. Many feelings where buzzing around me, what could I do?

"I'm not sure." I spoke the truth.

"What does that mean?" There was a edge in his voice, that caused me to look up at him.

"It means I'm not sure," I said again. "I can't tell."

"You should be able to tell if you love a girl or not!" He snapped at me. Something about the way Yongguk was acting made me feel uncomfortable.

"Well, I can't okay!" I said back, matching his tone of voice. He looked straight in my eyes and frowned slightly. I stared back. Yongguk and I rarely ever spoke to each other like this. We mostly had mutual respect for each other, so this kind of conversation was never used. "Why would it matter to you anyway?" I asked, but almost as soon as I said that, I regret opening my mouth. Yongguk's composure dropped and a sadness showed in his eyes. *That was a low blow, Himchan* I thought to myself.

"You know why." Yongguk said quietly. Yes. I did know. Hyojun. Hyojun was Yongguk's version of Hana. He looked after her like a sister and loved her a lot. They must have had a relationship like that for four years or something. He delt with bad situations with her, when she was bullied, dumped or getting into any trouble. Yongguk was very happy when with her. He loved her like a sister - except the feeling was stronger - that was how he described it. Yongguk truely loved her, we could all see it so much, we could see how cheerful he was with Hyojun.

But two years ago, Hyojun kissed Yongguk. She said she felt a different love for him now. She wanted them to date. Yongguk didn't want that at all, but Hyojun cried so much he accepted. He couldn't bare to see her upset. He never could. So they dated for a while. Yongguk explained to us that he didn't like it at all. He felt uncomfortable, but he was sure things would go back to normal after a while. Then one day, Hyojun broke up with Yongguk, saying she didn't feel right with him like that, but because she had ruined it for them, they couldn't continue to  be close. And then she moved city. We'd never seen Yongguk so upset after that. He was depressed. Crushed. And we all felt even worse, because we couldn't relate to his pain in anyway. Even now we could see he was still upset about it. After all this time.

Yongguk was worried that this would happen to me and Hana.

"It won't be the same for us." I said quietly, though unsure.

"You don't sound confident about that at all."

"I don't think I love her, but I can't be sure."

"Well you better find out soon, because if something happens to Hana, it will not only hurt you, but the others too."

"What do you mean?" 

"Youngjae and Daehyun enjoy her being around us. Jongup likes her too, even though he isn't the greatest at showing it. Me as well."

"Ah yes..."

"And Zelo loves her."

I froze there. Zelo? Loves Hana? I didn't see that, I thought he was only playing on the dare.

"What? Are you sure? Did he tell you?"

"Zelo likes her a lot. I'm pretty sure and No he didn't tell me." Yongguk smiled slightly, cheering up a bit and answering each of my questions.

"How can you tell?"

"How can you not?" 

"But..."

"Most guys wouldn't put as much as he has into a dare. He came to my house at around about 9am just to get me to text her and get her to his house. He stood in the way of boiling soup for her."

"Oh."

"Zelo definatly likes her." Yongguk concluded. I nodded, realising that that made a lot of sense. It was like seeing the answer to a jigsaw and then being able to put it together yourself. I laughed quietly.

"How could I not see that?" I chuckled hitting myself on the head lightly. Yongguk grinned and shrugged, then guestured behind me. I turned and saw the metro slowing to a stop at our station. "Ah, finally."

HANA/YOUR P.O.V

Our metro was finally pulling up to the station. Zelo and I had to awkwardly sit together behind Sunmi and Youngjae while watching their skinship. Zelo kept shifting uncomfortably beside me and looking at me, but I tried hard to avoid his gaze. I didn't want to start blushing right now, since I was already pink faced from the weather. We got out of our seats and walked towards exit. Out the window, I could see the others standing. Himchan and Daehyun waved to us and we waved back. The doors opened and we stepped out.

"Oh my - it's so hot here." Zelo complained stepping out into the sun.

"Eh?" Daehyun said pointing to Youngjae and Sunmi, almost as soon as the stepped off the metro. "What is this?"

"You two?" Jongup asked, noticing their linked hands almost instantly.

"Youngjae?" Himchan grinned, wanting an explanation.

"You have a girlfriend Youngjae? Wow." Yongguk laughed, rolling his eyes. Youngjae shrugged and whispered something in Sunmi's ear but I couldn't hear what. I looked at them curiously but got nothing.

"Should we go now?" I asked openly. Yongguk nodded and span around to walk into the enterance of the train station. We followed him, and talked in groups to each other. Jongup went over to Youngjae and Sunmi, curious as always to find out what was going on with them. I walked with Himchan, Daehyun and sort of with Yongguk. Soon, we reached another platform and saw that our train was already there.

"Oh," Yongguk said looking at the train. "Quickly, quickly come let's go!" He rushed us all onto the train. Yongguk went on first but he didn't open the door to the compartment so all eight of us stood squashed together in the doorway.

"Yah! Yongguk, open the door." Youngjae complained.

"Aw, I was enjoying us getting close," Yongguk laughed. "We seem to be distancing these past few days."

"We have a whole holiday to bond and get close," Daehyun sighed. "Right now you should open the door." Yongguk pressed the button and we all walked into the empty seating area. 

"Wow, it's so empty." I said, almost shocked. Every other time I had been on a train it had always been crowded with people. Everyone took a seat randomly, chucking their bags on empty seats and lying across chairs. Zelo chuckled and fell back onto the seat behind me, before grabbing my wrist and pulling me down next to him.

"What's up?" He asked, looking at me.

"Why are we taking up so much space?" I asked. Himchan sat across from me and stretched out his legs.

"I payed for this whole compartment," He explained to me, while putting his backpack to the side. "So we can sleep, dance, sing or do whatever and no-one will be annoyed." I put my mouth to an 'oh' shape and looked around. Youngjae and Sunmi were sitting together, close enough to us to be involved in our conversations, but distant enough to talk together. Jongup was a few rows down, lying down and talking with Yongguk. Daehyun sat near Himchan, opposite Zelo. Shortly after we were all comfortable, the train began to move.

"Oh~ We're going now." Himchan laughed, clapping slightly.

"Ha, I'm excited." I smiled, looking out the window. The sun was shining brightly as the outskirts of Seoul sped past us. We all talked and laughed for over half an hour. I explained that this was the first time I'd been away, Sunmi said that it was the first time she'd been away with people who weren't Minki and Mikhyun. Himchan and Yongguk tried to explain the house and beach to us and Daehyun, Youngjae and Zelo talked about the things they had done last summer.

"The beach is privately owned right?" Jongup half stated and half asked. Yongguk nodded.

"Neh," He said. "It's usually open while we're away and then it get's cleaned and closed before we arrive. I can open it while we're there if we want." Zelo leaned back and put his hands behind his head. Daehyun leaned forward however and tapped his head slightly.

"I can't remember if there are any cute girls there," He said. "If there are, we should open the beach." I heard Jongup laugh from behind the seat and he waved his hand in the air to dismiss Daehyun idea.

"There will already be cute girls there Daehyun," He laughed. Jongup sat up and turned around to look at us. He put his iPhone in his pocket and leaned his head on the back of the chair. "Can we open some windows? It's too hot in here." We nodded and set about opening most of the windows. Zelo and I turned around opened three of the windows behind us. Himchan and Daehyun did the same behind them, only opened four instead. Youngjae and Sunmi opened three windows near them and Jongup and Yongguk opened windows near the bottom. It was already beginning to cool down a lot.

"I want to listen to music." Youngjae said out loud. Daehyun then nodded, as if he suddenly remembered something. He leaned over all the stuff and pulled out what looked like a tiny guitar case, which he then passed to me.

"If you can play guitar, then you can play this." He smiled. I looked at him with wide eyes. *How does he know I can play?* I wondered. I quickly looked at Zelo and frowned as he smirked at me. Slowly, I opened the little case and took out the ukulele inside.

"Oh," I smiled. "I haven't played one of these for ages." I strummed it softly and tried to find the chords that I used often. When I had a hang of it, I played a random tune and looked around everyone. "Any requests?" Everyone sat quietly a moments, thinking of what they wanted to hear.

"Daehyun sing a song," Jongup said to him, raising his head. "A nice summery song."

"Eh? I don't know any summery songs." Daehyun protested, looking at us all.

"What about 'Summer Dream'? By DBSK," Himchan thought out loud. "Do you remember that one?" While Daehyun tried to remember the lyrics, I worked about finding the correct chords. After a few minutes, we were ready. I started playing the chorus and Daehyun sung along.

"Each time I meet you~" He sang. "Summer becomes new~" I was surprised to hear that Daehyun had a strong singing voice, I'd never heard him perform, or any of them for that matter. When we were finished, everyone clapped a bit and then nominated Youngjae to sing this time.

"What?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah Youngjae," Sunmi laughed, poking his arm lightly. "Sing a song for us." Youngjae grinned a bit and shook his head.

"Nu-uh," He smirked. "I will sing for you later, but not now okay? Later." Sunmi blushed slightly as Zelo and I noticed that Youngjae had winked at her when he said that.

"Oh~" We all laughed at Youngjae's clever flirting. I turned and looked out the window again, seeing the sea not to far away from us.

"It's the ocean," I smiled happily, walking over to Himchan seat and kneeling on it, to look out the window. The sea looked so blue and refreshing as it shone in the sunlight. "It's so pretty." The sea was always very nice to look at, especially on a moving train. Then I had an idea of what to play.

"Hi ya ya?" Sunmi asked me as I started playing the chords.

"Yup, summer days," I smiled. "Do you know the lyrics?" Sunmi nodded and Yongguk stepped forward a bit.

"I know the rap," He smiled. "Beautiful, ocean bright. Just you and I. In your eyes I can feel heavenly paradise. Don't be afraid of what you feel inside, it's okay, you don't have to cry yourself. I'll give you my word, only one love, you know, no-one can make happy, as the way that you do. Baby this is true love ("My love." Himchan, Jongup and Zelo said together.) As always I'm here. Baby this is our world."

"Wow," I clapped for them. I'd forgot that the beginning rap was in English. "That was very good. And your English is good too."

"Thank you," Yongguk grinned. It seemed he also enjoyed perfroming. "Now, it's your turn." He smiled.

"Eh?" I wondered.

"I heard you're good at singing." He explained.

"Who told you that?" I exclaimed, even though I new fine well who it was. Zelo. Seeing as he was the only one who had heard me sing before. Almost on cue, Zelo sat up and put his arm around me, pulling me close to him. I shook slightly. *Aish.* I thought to myself. *This is crazy. We have more skinship here then Youngjae and Sunmi. And we're not even dating. But still...* My heart was still racing from our closeness. *Why does he always do this to me? He only needs to do something like this and it makes my heart go crazy.*

"You are a good singer though." Zelo smiled. When he spoke, I was even more aware of his closeness, with the fact that I could feel his breath against my skin and his arm around me. All my senses seemed to be on high alert. But what made it worse for me, was that Zelo seemed to be completely comfortable with it. No broken speech. No increased heart beat. If anything, he was cooler and more confident. And so increadably charismatic.

"Okay, okay, I'll play," I said, holding the ukulele upright. "But move a bit. I can't play with you sitting so close." Zelo pouted a bit but moved over, giving me more space. "Sunmi you sing too."

"What?" She complained, but I knew she would do it if, she had to. And she had to. I played the beginning of 'Yoohoo' by Secret. To me, it explained my feelings the best.

"I only saw you as a friend. I only thought you were cute. Don't know why, I don't know why. But I'm getting attracted to you." I began, before guesturing to Sunmi to carry on. She sighed slightly but did anyway.

"How, how, how should I tell you? Do you hear me? I am fallin' in love. It's only in you in my head. I keep on missing you." *Sunmi has a good voice.* I thought to myself happily.

"I guess I love you - Yoohoo. I only see you - Yoohoo. I want to meet you as a lover, not a friend. Please look at me - Yoohoo. I can't take it anymore - Yoohoo. More then yesterday, more then today. I will love you tomorrow, oh my love." We sang together, before deciding to end the song.

"Wow~" Yongguk and Jongup said together, smiling and clapping.

"That was good!" Daehyun grinned also clapping. Himchan joined in too, laughing and clapping.

"You have good voices for singing," Youngjae smiled to us, then he turned to Sunmi. "You were singing that for me right? No-one else. Only me." Sunmi nodded smiling at him, and I turned my head and grinned to myself. They where going to have a good relationship together, I could tell. I looked at Zelo who was staring at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked him quietly.

"That...That was very good." He said simply. There was something shaky in his voice and he turned his head away to look out a far away window. I shrugged to myself and put the ukulele back in the case.

"Hey look guys," Yongguk said to us all, and pointing out the window to a beach and house. "We're here."