Breathe

I dare you Zelo! Just try and get me!

 Writing in Italics (like this) is when a character is speaking English


I looked at my reflection in the mirror for the one hundredth time, making sure my uniform looked neat and my hair was in place. I brushed my blazer and flattened my fringe to keep it from flicking up. Glancing over at my blue school bag sitting on the bed, a slight panic ran over me as I felt as though some thing wasn't right with it. I quickly opened the bag and checked the contents...It was fine. Everything was there. I was just panicing. Again.

"Just...take a deep breath." I told myself. "Breathe."

I sat down on my bed and sighed. I was very nervous. So nervous that I felt sick. For once, I didn't want to go to school. And put it this way, I'm the kind of person to enjoy going to school.

"Stupid parents." I sighed. "I blame you for this."

I looked around my small room that didn't look like it belonged to me. It was neat and ... empty. My bed was tidy, the clothes where folded away. There where three books on the shelf and some pictures of me and my old friends in Britain. Yup, my old friends.

My dad's work had told him he could get a promotion if he moved to Korea, so he did. Took my mum and me, away from everything we knew and moved to Korea. Thank goodness we spoke Korean at home or else I would be in a lot of trouble trying to start highschool here. It was only my mum who rarely spoke Korean - she knew it, but preffered to speak English.

I stood up, swung my backpack over my shoulder and looked in the mirror for the one hundered and first time. My uniform looked so weird and so stupid. Since British and Korean sizes were so different, I had difficulty getting the correct size of uniform. So now I had to wear a skirt that was slightly too short and a shirt and blazer that was slightly too big. Oh well. I suppose...it looked cute...a bit.

I picked up my iPod and put the headphones around my neck. I played BTOB 'Wow', mainly because that was the song that was on my screen at the time. My mum was sitting in the kitchen at the table and it seemed as though my dad had left for work.

"You dad has left for work." Mum said. *Yes I already knew that* I thought.

"Well, I'm going to go too...I don't want to be late for school!" I smiled and saluted to my mum. Don't ask. It's just something I do.

"Hana! Do you want me to come with you?" Mum asked

"No, I'm good. Besides...I don't think you like the metro much do you?"

"No - but I could don't worry."

"No no, I'm fine honestly. I'll see you later!" And I left the house quickly.

 It was quite busy in the Seoul, despite it being seven o'clock in the morning. I walked down the street toward the metro station. It was really warm, much warmer then it was in Britain...but then again, Britain was always freezing cold wasn't it? I stopped into a little shop and bought a can of bon bon grape juice. I had drank that stuff before and it was really nice. And really weird as well.

When I left the shop, I turned right and walked down towards the metro station, to see the train coming rapidly in my direction.

"Waah!" I said. I never even got to open my juice and knowing I wouldn't be able to drink it on the train I kept it closed. I pulled out my money to buy a ticket before running along the little platform, trying to get on the train. When I got up, I realised there where no seats and had to stand up. "Oh." I said quietly.

Just as the door where closing, a tall boy with blonde and blue hair ran up to them, only to have them shut in his face. He banged on the window several times but then the metro started to move. He looked at me angrily and ran his fingers through his hair before running of somewhere. When he was gone, I realised something. He was wearing the same uniform as me. Well...not exactly the same, because he was wearing the boy version but...it was the same uniform! Sort of.

I facepalmed myself and looked out the window through the gaps in my fingers. Why on earth didn't I just open the door for him? I'm such a slow idiot. Sighing, I looked around the metro at the other passangers. There where many ahjumma's sitting in all the seats. Where were they going this early in the morning anyway? I was quite tall compaired to the other passengers, but I wasn't the tallest thankfully. However my hair did stand out. Light brown...maybe I should have dyed it black before I started school. My eyes also stood out. Blue. Don't know why they couldn't be brown like everyone else in my family. They had to go and be blue.

The metro continued driving for a while before we came to a metro station. Suddenly, I saw the boy with blonde-blue hair running towards the metro.

"Wait for me~!" He was shouting. I watched him running. *How in the world did he get here?* I wondered. Just as the doors began to close, he slipped into the metro and sighed. He stood next to me and tried to steady his heavy breathing. *He must have ran the whole way here!* His hair was damp with sweat and his face was red - well as red as an asian face can get anyway. Not being racist, it's just they've not seen me get red yet.

Quickly he turned around and faced me. Well I say faced me but he must have been about six foot tall or something. He must be a highschool senior or, yeah, something like that.

"You should have opened the door for me!" He whispered in a whiney voice. *A senior? He acts like me!* I thought again, just looking at him. He whiped his forehead with the back of his hand and turned his back to me.

"Now I'm really tired and thirsty now." He complained from behind him. I looked at the ground feeling slightly guilty and noticed my untouched can of bon bon. Sighing, I held it out in front of him.

"Here." I said.

"What?" He asked, turning around.

"You said you're thirsty, so here...and this is my apology so take alright?" I smiled at him holding out the drink. He just looked at me like he'd seen a talking cat.

"...Wow." He said.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head slightly and frowning.

"Your Korean is really good!" He smiled. I facepalmed myself for the second time that morning.

"Of course my Korean is good." I sighed. "Look, I go to a school here." I grinned at him and tugged on the collar of my shirt. I waved the grape juice at him. "Take it."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yup!" Yet he was still hesitated to pick it up. "What's wrong? Don't you want it?"

"No no I do but...a guy shouldn't take things from a girl. At least that's what my hyungs always say." I narrowed my eyes as I looked at him to find out if he was serious. He was. *Why are guys so uncomfortable about this sort of thing?* I grabbed his wrist and forced the bon bon juice into his hand, which was quite a confident action from me.

"Take it!" I said as I walked towards the doors.

"But..."

"It's my gift to you."

"That's even worse!"

"Then you owe me!" I called as I waved goodbye and jumped of the metro. Smiling to myself, I walked toward my new school. *Hmm...what a fun encounter!*

 BLONDE-BLUE HAIRED GUY ON METRO P.O.V

I continued watching the girl walk away even after she had gone. *Wow* I thought again. *She was weird. But then again, I kind of liked her too. Oh well*. I looked at the can of bon bon juice in my hand and continued thinking about that girl. Long brown hair, blue eyes and a cute-ish smile. And she was wearing a school uniform. *That's why her Korean is so good. She must be a student here...But I've never seen her before.* I looked out the window and then shook my head, suddenly realising something.

"Crap! That was my stop too!" I cried out and got off at the next stop. "Aish that girl! Is she determind to make me late for school!!"