Status: Between Love & Friendship

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Superstarhyo, Inc.: Kitchen Gathering


 

"JEUNGMAL!" G.NA spontaneously freaked, trying to process the logic behind what had happened earlier at Matoki.

"Chincha?" said the little puzzled Zelo, narrowing his eyes to see G.NA's next reaction.

"Is that diva going to be fine without TS Motel?" Her eyebrows rose with anticipation to hear Hyosung's answer.

"Hmm. I thought you couldn't wait 'til the day he makes a fool out of himself. May I ask why the sudden interest?" Hyosung pondered, crossing her arms and tapping her feet. Ohoho. I see. "In actuality you really do care about him still. DON'T. YOU. OM-MA?"

"Yeah omma! Normally you would badmouth him and go all haywire. 'DIVA! I'll be back to take revenge I tell you! Re-ven-ge!'" He mimicked her girly speech pattern.

     CODE RED ALERT! I REPEAT! CODE RED ALERT! FULL ON SUSPICIONS DETECTED!     

No sweat. They can't break me! These kiddos got nothing on me! I am G.NA, bah BAM! She immediately denied her true feelings and used a lemon to air smack Zelo. "Yah! Shush! Anyways, I have laundry to do. Set up the table for dinner Zelo."

He pouted and lowered his head. "Sowwie, shut down."

"Omma hang on! You want the clothes to smell lemony fresh? Or are you experimenting on cleaning that lemon in the washer?" Hyosung remarked.

     After realizing the lemon in her hand, she quickly placed the lemon on the kitchen table counter and hustled into the bathroom.

"Hey. Why are you the opposite? Not showing any emotional response I mean." Hyosung questioned Zelo. "Manager Joo's your dad, ya know."

"Well, he does not regard me as his son, especially because my existence is unkown to him. He never took a good look at me either. I also do not know how it feels to have a dad." Like a lost abandoned puppy, Zelo asked her for an advice. "Hyosunggie-noona, can you tell me how you would feel and how you should react towards your own dad?"

Given the thought carefully, she advise him on what to do and urge him to fill his words with emotions. "The next time you see Manager Joo, look straight into his eyes and say, 'Appa.' You will understand then. Be sentimental. Okay? So practice that on your own. I've to go shower."

Remaining in the same spot, Zelo repetitively expressed the word 'dad' out loud to himself.


Daehyun's House: Dining at the dinner table


"Son, I disapprove the idea on shortening the grace period. You are being too tense." Mr. Jung stated.

"Father, haven't you heard of the saying: 'One today is worth two tomorrows' by Benjamin Franklin?"

Before Mr. Jung could say another word, Mrs. Jung averted the topic. "Honey. Sweety. It has been awhile since we last gathered altogether for a nice meal. Let us enjoy our family bonding dinner time. Speaking of which, where is Ilwoo? I invited him for dinner tonight."

"Right. He called me earlier to tell you that he will be running fashionably late." answered Soeun, who was sitting besides Daehyun.

     *     D     i     N     g   -   D     o     N     g     *     

"Mr. Ilwoo is here." Informed a maid.

"Great, just in the nick of time Ilwoo dear!" Mrs. Jung warmly welcomed him.

"My sincere apologies for making everyone wait! As I drove in my car heading this direction, I was setback from watching Psy doing the gangnam style on the crosswalks. Isn't it a coincidence?"

     Everybody, except for Daehyun, giggled.

"You're such a terrible liar, Jung Ilwoo." Daehyun apathetically commented. "When will you ever change that habit of yours?"

"I personally thought it was good. Auntie Jung and Soeun laughed." He replied with an innocent grin.

Mr. Jung happily smiled. "Alright. Everyone please dig in. Help yourselves or else the food will turn cold any minute now."

     When Ilwoo scanned through the variety of food dishes, he took a small glimpse at Soeun's plate and grasps a few bulgogi meats with his chopsticks to bring forward into her bowl. But to his own dismay, Daehyun had beaten him to it. His smile began to fade... Mr. and Mrs. Jung looked at each other, blinked their eyes in agreement, and then smiled at Daehyun and Soeun. They were blissful to announce that their wedding date is scheduled on next Thursday. Broken further from the official news, Ilwoo put a forced smile on his face. He picked up his cup of wine to do a cheer and to give the two his congratulatory words.

     Unexpectedly, Soeun said there was no need because she had no plans on marrying Daehyun. She thanked Daehyun for being the one to notice her and to even hold her hands when her parents deserted her in front of the Matoki building gates. Her appreciation goes as far as to thanking him and his family for taking her in, caring for her as a member of the family, and allowing her to study in the States. If it was not for him, she would have been living on the streets. Instead she was given a warm loving family that had brought her to where she is at today. Ilwoo listened with eyes filled of sadness.

"Fine. Tell me directly what do you want from me?" Daehyun bluntly asked her.

"I only want to experience the process." She straightforwardly answered, and stood from her seat to avoid the awkward silence between them. "Ah. The soup is almost ready. I ought to get it while it is fresh hot. It will be a moment."

"Please do excuse me as well, I need to wash my hands." Ilwoo bowed with respect and left his seat.

Daeyhun, on the other hand, had no comment. He just blinked in slow motion and stared at the two leaving until they were gone from his sight.


[Music Insert: Close Friendship Theme between Ilwoo & Soeun]

In the kitchen, Ilwoo intends to check on how Soeun is doing. "Mhmm. Close your eyes and layout your hands."

She complied, withholding herself from sneaking a peek.

"Good." He patted her head. "Now open your eyes. Tadah!"

"Wah! You really know how to cheer me up!"

"Of course! Melon candy is your favorite. How can I not forget? Silly girl."

"Haha. Thank you oppa. You are the one that understands me the best."

He flicked her forehead and stuck his tongue out. "Bleh. Remember? I am your white knight. If anyone tries to bully you, I will protect you. If you need a shoulder to cry on, you can lean on mine. If you ever need someone to talk and listen to, I can lend you my ears and voice. If you need a friend, call me. I can do more. [winks] A kiss of friendship can do to patch everything up."

"Cheh. You sly." She headlock him and then let out a heavy sigh. "Oppa, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for always being the one there for me...although I wish Daehyun could do the same...especially during the times that I need him the most... Too bad there is a difference between a friend and a lover..."

For a short brief moment he paused. "Haha. You know since childhood that for Daehyun: career comes first, then you."

"Yeah, I am afraid so... But can't I be greedy?"

"Tsk Tsk. Don't let that greed eat you all up at once. You will have to pay the price. Do keep in mind, your oppa is also here. I'll be watching over you."

They gently smiled to each other and viewed the stars shimmering bright in the dark blue sky outside the kitchen glass window.


Hospital: Room 2012


Seated down on a stool, Ilwoo paid a late night visit to his mom. She laid on the bed motionless and speechless as he caressed her hair for a bit. He then clipped a crystal musical note hairclip onto her hair that he had personally bought for her. Suddenly tears formed in his eyes and dripped onto her hands. He sobbed saying that she is the most beautiful woman and that he misses her very much. There was no response received from her. He then held her cold hands close to his warm soft cheeks questioning whether or not the explosion was truly an accident and why did that have to happen after they had sold their shares over to Mr. Jung. This was hard on him. The explosion had caused his mother to become in the state that she is, lying restless in bed paralyzed, furthermore, a deceased father.

     He needed answers.

     He needed his mother.

     He needed the truth.

Enduring the pain alone, he broke into tears again trying to figure out the reason behind the explosion that had burden him with mysteries left: UNRESOLVED.


A/N:

Thanks for reading! Secret - Talk That. Love the song and the live performance. Incorporating the shadow dancers added a deeper meaning to the song and choreography. <3