Home: Can U Smile

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Those anxious feelings a person cannot neglect forever had been a bothersome for Daehyun. He did not understand why himself, but he felt compelled to approach that yellow scarf girl.

"Are you safe? Are you well? If you are then please return to me Daehyun-ah. This yellow scarf sewed with my initials. Do you remember? Because I do. I remember it is the very first gift I received from you. Now I shall bind it onto this tree branch to mark the very first place you had proposed to me. No matter where. No matter what. I'll wait for you always," her eyes brimmed with tears when a tender touch of strong warm hands comforted her cold vulnerable shoulders.

"Soeun..." voiced a concerned masculine tone.

She curves her head towards him and wipes her tears, doing her best to bring her lips into a halfhearted smile, "Oppa..."

"It's below freezing out here. You'll catch a cold." wrapping his coat around her. "Come on. Let's go home."

"Mm...Thank you Ilwoo," caressing the yellow scarf for the last time.

     As the two made their way inside a vehicle, Daehyun's urge to meet that yellow scarf girl had been halted. Not because he wanted to. Nor the man's appearance either. Rather in his case, it is the person whom tends to be stubborn and ill-tempered, prevented him. It also wasn't her intention, blocking his path from seeking that yellow scarf girl, everything was yet another mere chance.

"Yah, Wonbin!"

Heok! Hyosung! Not again! Her cheeks are uber bloated! I know she's cray cray right now, but I must clear this unknown feeling that makes me unease coming from that sad yellow scarf girl.

"Didn't I specifically tell you to stay put? Stop disappearing on me. Do you want my brain and heart to die? Why aren't you answering me? What are you looking at anyways?"

     She decides to trace her eyes with his connecting them onto a young lady in black dress. This time Hyosung does recall seeing that beautiful Miss earlier at the gas station with her millionaire boy.

"Her? Is she that breathtaking? Do you also want to marry a rich person just like me? Tsk tsk. It's better that you give up. She is already taken and that other person is, correction, was my rich man."

     Even after warning him, his dark brown eyes were stuck like glue onto that yellow scarf girl, who is barely leaving the parking lot, with Ilwoo driving. Obviously Hyosung is well aware that Daehyun is full on distracted by the beautiful Miss. So she threw one of her arm around his, dragged him back to the reception area, while pressing her other hand against his cheeks to keep him from turning over and over again to stare at that chick. Thereafter the TS comedic trios comes down the stairs and stops them.

"Could he be the one Hyosung!?!" Zinger bursted.

Chef Kang transitions in, "Your cousin named Wonbin!?!"

"Yep! He is! You're looking straight at him!" freeing her arms from a lost Daehyun, she yanks his t-shirt next to pull him in closer to her lucious lips—considering her height is short—and whispers into his ears, "They were pwetty eager wanting to meet you because your words are very profound."

     Within an instant the three dorks swarmed the confused innocent bunny and analyzed every inch of him.

"Cousin Wonbin!" Zinsuk aggressively clasps and shakes his hands with great excitement. "Your words truly gave me courage and hope knowing that TS Motel can still be saved! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

     Daehyun awkwardly slides his hands away and rubs his wrist to rid the minor pain received by Zinsuk.

"Regarding about the tale of the tortoise and the hare," Zinger inquires, "Was it a practical joke you played on Hyosung? Because only these two blank papers think and feel you are a mighty ace."

"Excuse muah!" Hyosung snaps her fingers along to a rap beat. "Z to the I-N-G-E-R! I for one obtained an IQ score of 120 in elementary school! Beat that! BAM!"

"Aight, I salute to you, Ms. Cheatsheet."

"A-ssaaAA——HEY! What are you implying!?!"

"Ohoho. You know what I mean. Muahahaha."

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me? This is war Ms. Burger!"

     Eventually their kitty fight ended shortly after Chef Kang had followed the wandering bunny, who was patting his entire arms against his own pants checking the interior designs like before, asking him a serious question in hopes to hear some good advices.

"Ahem! What are you observing for Cousin Wonbin? This small inn will soon become meaningless. There won't be anything left worth to admire for."

"Precisely," he monotonically replied examining a portrait for a brief second. Lifting his fingers onto the edges of the frames, swiping off a speck of dust collected onto it, he continues, "I was thinking that how could such a boring, antique, and filthy boarding house stay open. It should be closed."

"Eommaya!" the four extremely shock to the core shrills in unison, "Mworago!?!"

     However, a simple blink was returned to them. Facing back at the portrait, Daehyun said aloud, "A Hotel Is Made By Men and Stone." He further explains the meaning behind these phrase. "If a guesthouse reeks of stone and old age, lack hospitality, remains deprived and unclean without care, then it is the same as a lodging house being dead."

"Eo!?!" the four even more flabbergausted.

Zinsuk speaks out, "Excuse me! Who are you to begin with? Have you ever managed a hotel?"

"Saying all these nasty conceited words with confidence you must have your own stand and viewpoint about this hotel! While you are at it why don't you show us your capabilities?" followed by Zinger.

Hyosung flows in, "Yeah Wonbin! Just because you know your ABCDs don't think so highly of yourself! Unless you can prove to us your skills and talents!"

"Mhm! Demonstrate it to us!" demanded Chef Kang.

The four kept pestering him, "Show us what you got punk!"

     Without a single word needed to be said, Daehyun smirks, fixes his long sleeve tee, and gives them an index finger, which meant 'just you wait and see.' Everyone stood silently watching him rearrange flower pots, dusting off and readjusting portraits, fixing lightbulbs, and wiping the conceirge counters spotless, adding a touch of flower vase last. These actions he excecuted are to present their guests with a clean and lively image, giving them a welcomeness feel, having the mood set, and allow them to be at ease. Because to guests, a hotel is like their second home.

"WHOAAAA!" the four dorks were truly taken aback by the outcome and gave him a outstanding ovation, "DAEBAK!"

     They kept applauding until someone barged in-between their fascination with Daehyun.

"I knew it!" a female voiced out in a raised tone, "You two are here! It's already dark at night! We're leaving!"

"Hold up a sec!" Zinger cuts her off. "Choi G.NA, you should at least let Cousin Wonbin finish his sentence."

"AHA! This Korean man? He is useless and hopeless! He ain't got anything to say!" grabbing Hyosung and Daehyun's wrists, she forced them to leave with her while nagging, "Man! I shouldn't have let you guys gone out at all!"

"Aah! Cou-cousin Wonbin!!!" the trios shouted to him, but failed to win over the wicked witch's powers. Nevertheless, they regained strength from seeing the changes made inside TS Motel. "It really does look different! Cooool!"


Superstarhyo, Inc.


"Here Wonbin-ah!" G.NA stacks a mountain of food onto Daehyun's bowl. "Some bulgogi meat, tofu as well, extra rice, including kimchi! You ought to eat more!"

"E-eh ye... Mother G.NA, my bowl is overflowing though."

"No, no, no~! Eat more! Eat more! It's okay!"

     Hyosung and Zelo thought how strange their omma was acting, especially towards the person she had tried to find numerous ways to kick out of their house. They have also never seen their own mom buttering up kind words and spoiling Daehyun with such immense amount of food one could possibly intake per meal.

"Oh right! Wonbin-ah, there is a suit left behind by Hyosung's dad. We don't have any use of it. I believe it should fit you just perfectly. So tomorrow, you can wear it."

"Wae? Am I attending a funeral tomorrow that I must wear the suit?"

"Aniya! Keke. Because you will be going home."

"Home!?!" catching the siblings full attention.

"Yes! You heard me correctly! Lucky for Wonbin-ah, I was able to get in contact with his family from Cheongju. His father has fallen ill and the condition is rather serious. Since it is an urgent matter, I booked him a boat that will set off early in the morning at 8:30am sharp. Haha. You'll soon reach Jeju Island."

     The only person laughing at the dinner table was G.NA and she made a careless mistake. Instead of saying Cheongju at the end, she mentions Jeju Island. This caused Hyosung to widen her eyes and Daehyun to scrunch his eyebrows together.

"U-um," G.NA caught herself offguard and tries to cover it quickly, "Arrive at Cheongju to reunite with his family."

"But Omma," baby Zelo wondered, "How come Wonbin has to wear a suit?"

"Silly boy! Haven't you heard that one must return home filled in riches and honor?"

"Hm...and that is the main reason why Wonbin has to dress up. Interesting." Zelo nodded, and everyone else continues to eat except for G.NA.

"Exactly my son!" she chuckles and mumbles to herself, "An unattractive product needs packaging to become lucrative."

     While G.NA was busy giggling alone, Hyosung had her bowl up close to her face. She paused for a moment from eating, glances at G.NA, then shifts her eyes at Daehyun, who also stare back at her for a bit before returning to eat his food. When he looked back down with sad eyes, Hyosung glimpses at G.NA with worried eyes and continues to eat again. After dinner was over, Hyosung had a small talk with G.NA.

"Omma," she dragged her voice, "In actuality, you plan to sell Wonbin to the Jeju Islands. Am I right?"

"Hehehe. Everything is going swell! Captain Kyungwook The Action approves Wonbin as a fisherman. On top of that he will pay me $1500 dollars for him."

     Unbelivable, Hyosung thought to herself and lets out a heavy sigh.

"Furthermore, Wonbin won't be returning back for at least a year and by that time, he'll discover it too late. Muahaha! I am so brilliant!"

"Omma!" Hyosung raises her voice at G.NA, "I suspect that Wonbin already knows what we are up to and besides, he isn't the type that slacks off nor is he slow-minded. Somehow he is pitiful and he doesn't know anyone—"

"Sweety, he's like an empty shell, a body that has no memories, no emotions, and is wandering about without an identity. You're just confused and don't you want to marry a rich man?"

"I know but that's not the case—"

"Honey, that's enough. Case is closed. Go to bed. You just need to get some rest."

"Gah! Fine!" she darted to her room

     In the mean time, Daehyun was in Zelo's room sitting on a chair next to Zelo, who was occupying himself playing StarCraft on his computer.

"Aren't you suppose to be studying and doing your homework?"

"Yes, but I am taking a break right now."

"By playing game for the past 45 minutes after finishing dinner?"

"A-ah Wonbin! Don't disturb me! You almost got my character killed!"

     Since Zelo busied himself on the monitor, engaged in an epic battle, Daehyun decides to take the thick textbook placed near Zelo's mousepad. He opens it up, skims through each paragraph within that page, grabs a pen, and starts to scribble down words. Zelo finally notices Daehyun is writing on his book when he completed a quest in the game.

"H-hey! What are you doing marking on my school book?"

"Grammer check. There are quite a lot of errors you made. For example, you mispelled this and the tense used here is wrong."

"Eh? Jinjja? But, Wonbin, how is it that you know so much? Didn't you lose your memory?"

Daehyun simply shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe you can call it talent. Although an imbecile wouldn't understand. Here. You can have your book back. I'm gonna go grab a cup of water. Good night."

"Hm? Who's he talking about? What does imbecile mean? Oh wells."

[Music Inserted: Can U Smile Theme Dedicated to Hyosung from her biological mother]

After getting a drink, Daehyun heard a piano music coming from Hyosung's room. He leaned himself against her bedroom door, which was popped open of course, carefully listening and gently bobbing his head to every sound key she had played till the last tune made a stumble noise.

"OMO! You scared me!"

Oops. Guess I was caught.

"You gave me a heartattack. I couldn't hear your footsteps. What are you a ninja? Anyways why are you standing by my bedroom door in the middle of the night? Weirdo."

     With that, Daehyun enters her room and walks up to her, gesturing her to give him permission to play on her (mini toy) tabletop piano. No words were needed to be expressed. Hyosung moves aside, whereas Daehyun lifts his entire right hand and began to play that same exact melody she had recently played. She gave him a look of surprise as he was still playing on the keyboard, leaving her impressed, her lips slowly curved upwards.

"Where did you learn to play this song?"

Like usual, he shrugs his shoulders, "Must had been from overhearing you play just now that inserted and processed into my brain as fast as an LTE."

"Pssh. How bigheaded you are."

"Hey, may I ask how is it that you know this tune yet you don't play the piano."

"Mm... This melody is very special to me.  I used to hum to it all the time when I was young. But now, I can only remember fragments of it, combined with my deformed hands, thanks to carrying all those gas cylinders I am restricted from ever playing the piano. I feel that I have let down my biological mother... She was the one who taught me this song... It was a song she dedicated to me... Can U Smile... And I cherish it to this day..."

"It isn't too late. I can coach you."

"N-neo? Teach me? But aren't you leaving tomorrow?"

"So. You can master playing the song before I leave." He spontaneously pulls her close to him and takes her by the hand in his. "Come. I'll be your personal teacher for the night."

     Thus they played each individual key together until the very end. A few minutes later, they had finally come to a stop. On the last key sound, Daehyun notices something. He unwraps his hands from Hyosung and brought his attention to the ring snuggling her finger.

"This diamond star ring. It really suits you. If I am correct, the meaning star is within your name, and just like these pair of delicate hands, is as precious as a star that shines brighter than anyone else."

     The moment Daehyun looked at her, Hyosung shook her mind off from those mesmerizing words, and slip her hand away from his. Then diverted her attention elsewhere folding her arms.

"A-ah forget it! I give up. It's too complicated. You should go to bed too because you will have to wake up early tomorrow to leave. So stop lingering around. You need plenty of rest."

In a low deep tone he spoke, "When I am gone...will you...miss me?"

"Hah! Why should I miss a weirdo like you!?!" she faked a happy laugh. "Are you crazy?"

"Well...I think I will miss you...a lot. Because even though I do return home, my only aquaintance...is still you..." He heaved out a sigh and ended, "Have a good night. Sweet dreams."

For a few seconds, Hyosung stood in one place, pouting and thinking, GAAH! Who is he to make me feel guilty!?! Sigh... What do I do...


A/N: 

Nobody likes to be stuck in a dilemma. Because I was this close to cut this chapter into two. Thanks again for reading!

B.A.P's One Shot Teaser released. I'll ignore the violence and stare at how hot & cool they look. I love the sound of the instrument. Suddenly, I am reminded of the American rapper Eminem. 0.o