Event: Commemoration Concert

Tokki Prince Charming

 


     *     S     c     H     r     E     e     E     c     H     *     

 

Within a short distance away from Daehyun, the grey car braked all of a sudden.

 

     *     S     c     H     r     E     e     E     c     H     *     

 

In which out of the blue came a yellow cab in full throttle mode aiming for one particular person.

 

     *     B     A     M   -   B     O     O     M     *     

An unconscious Daehyun was taken away by a mysterious man from the yellow cab. And the only witness is the grey car driver, who quietly drove elsewhere.


Commemoration Concert


"Eek, I'm late, I'm late! Principle Jung! Mianhae! You wouldn't believe me, but on my way here I saw an abandoned baby bird lying on the grass. It cannot fly yet and seeing the bird helpless, I wanted to be of aid. Therefore I climbed the tree to put the poor innocent creature back into its home nest for safety!" Hyosung quickly explained, panting for air.

"Okay, okay! Haha. No problem I understand! Your mother's memorial concert is starting soon, come this way please!"

"Neh! Ah! Also thank you very much for the chauffeur and the dress! Hehe. That was very kind of you Principle Jung!"

"Mwo? I think you've mistaken me for someone else."

"Jeungmal? If it wasn't you, then who?" She pondered.

Meanwhile, in the backseat of the yellow cab, Daehyun begins to regain conscious. "Ow... Where am I...?" He shook his head, and then realizes the situation. "Who are you!?! What do you want!?! Stop this car right this instant! It is an order!" He yelled, reaching over the driver's seat to take hold of the steering wheel.

"Aiish! Silence!" The yellow cab driver argued. "Stay put or else the car will lose control!"

     Daehyun did not care. They struggled between each other to gain full control of the car.

"Gah! I mean it! We'll crash! Get off of me——eayaaAAH!" screamed the yellow cab driver.

     *     E     e     e     E     E     R     R     K     *     

Back to Hyosung, Principal Jung gave an introduction speech about Mrs. Jun's good deeds and contribution to their piano music industry before passing away. He even praised Hyosung for carrying on her mother's legendary piano skills as an outstanding music teacher. When Hyosung heard that, her smile faded from unease and dishonesty.

"Everyone, may you please welcome her daughter, Miss Jun Hyosung!"

     *     c     l     a     p     s     *     

Feeling very anxious, Hyosung tried to keep her cool and went up the stage to collect an award on behalf of her mother. She continuously smiled and bowed to every person as she proceeded on to accept the award. Standing still right before a podium with a microphone, she cleared .

"First off, it is an honor to be here. Secondly, I am proud to see my mother's choir program she had created be recognized. Ten years ago, I had lost my mother. She loved music more than anything. Despite that she was unable to further her teaching career due to spinocerebellar degeneration. Even so, she not once, gave up on music. I will always remember that. Because rather than suffering from the pain, she stayed positive and battled every obstacle, come what may. Music is her inspiration. Speaking on her behalf, I know she would love to give a huge gratitude to everyone. So please support the choir program from now on and in the future."

     *     c     l     a     p     s     *     

"In addition, I would also like to give my thanks to another special person who took great care of me when my late mother passed away. Because of her, I am able to be where I am standing at today." She said, turning to Principle Jung and asking him if she could borrow his phone for a bit.

     *     R     i     N     g   -   R     i     N     g     *    

>> • <<

"Mother G.NA, annyeong?"

("Huh? What's with the strange name change?") G.NA questioned, while Zelo listened in next to her.

"Hm... How should I put it...?" She muttered, placing the phone on speaker against her stomach. "My mother G.NA never went to school, she was poor, rants too much, raises her voice a lot, can't even speak Korean language well, likes free stuff, bargains——"

("Excuse me! Did you call me just to talk bad behind my back? Cheh! That girl! I'll show her who the boss is! Hmph!")

"——she had married my appa thinking he was an honest scholar. My appa, unfortunately, had accumulated many debts. He earned money for our family by working as a street sweep cleaner and a side job as a newspaper delivery man. Until one day, he died from lung cancer... My mother G.NA could have lived a happy-go-lucky life, instead she chose to take me in and the debts that was not hers but my father's. Troubled from the circumstances around us, I stopped studying after high school...I also do not know about music...yeoreobun mianhe!"

     Hyosung faced Principle Jung again, confessing that she was no pianist teacher and apologizing for lying. The more she progressed into her speech, she began to sniffle.

"Mother G.NA, what I really want to say is that...You are a very important person to me and...I love you very much, omma."

("Uhuhuhu! Are you purposely drowning me with tears? Really! This girl!")

"For the past few years, I understand that you had endured all the pain by yourself trying to clear off my father's debts. Now, speaking on behalf of my father, thank you...thank you for everything!" She tearfully finished her speech, bowing ninety degrees.

A choir group comes into the picture and sings along to Jay Chou's song named 'Listen to mother'.

     "Mother's hardships, she doesn't let you see them

      The warm recipes are in her heart

      If you got time, hold her hand more

      Hold hands and sleep walk together"

To the person who provided me this gorgeous dress and a chauffeur, although I do not know who you might be, thank you very much. I am extremely grateful especially to you because this day is the most meaningful moment in my life... Dedahnhee kamsahamnida. Hyosung sobbed, thinking to herself.

     In the meantime, the engagement party had been delayed. No news was heard of from Daehyun since he left. His parents trust that he is fine, Soeun was concerned, Ilwoo had doubts, Youngjae expressed disappointment, and Jongup did his best to search for Daehyun.

It was already late at night. Hyosung was happily driving and singing together with G.NA in the passenger seat and Zelo sitting on the truck bed.

     "Listen to mother's words

      Don't let her get hurt

      Want to quickly grow up

      Then I can protect her"

Hyosung told them that she was surprised they came to pick her up after the commemoration concert ended. Zelo explained that omma went around the village telling everyone about how she was very moved by Hyosunggie-noona's words and the choir singing in the background. G.NA smacked Zelo, causing Hyosung to glance at them and laugh.

     A shadowed figure appears out of nowhere.

"HYOSUNG! LOOK OUT!" G.NA noticed and shouted, warning Hyosung to brake and jerk the car.

     *     S     c     H     r     E     e     E     c     H     *     

"What was that!?! Where in the world did that person come from!?!" Hyosung shakily inquired, gripping tight onto the steering wheel.

     The three of them panicked. Little by little they got out of the car and crept altogether towards the body on the ground to check.

"O-M-GEE!!!!! It's that CPR ert, omma!" She fearfully exclaimed.

"A-ah! You mean h-he is the one that rescued y-you during the sedan race c-competition when you h-had a leg cramp!?!" Zelo stuttered, holding onto G.NA's shoulders.

"Dear oh my! He is the one that asked for directions the other day!" G.NA took a good look at the person with a shockful expression.

"Omo omo omo omo! What do I do!?! What do I do!?! I hit him!?! I killed him!! I'll be arrested for murder by the police!! Uwahaha! Ottokkeeee!" Hyosung freaked out, feeling shivers all over her body.

"Jun Hyosung! Quiet! I-I'll go and check if he is breathing! Zelo come help too!" she signaled.

G.NA was actually shaking on the inside as she creep her hands towards Daehyun's body. Zelo, however, was still hiding behind her and holding onto her shoulders scared as a puppy.

     *     f     l     a     s     h     *     

"KYAAAAAAAH" The three screamed and immediately grabbed Daehyun's body. They put him into the truck bed and covered him with an oversized sheet.


 Superstarhyo , Inc. 


G.NA, Zelo, and Hyosung dragged Daehyun by the legs to bring him into the kitchen. Sadly they were not careful enough that Daehyun's head knocked onto the corner of a tablecounter and then a chair leg. Finally, they lay his body flat on the cold kitchen floor.

"What now, omma!?!" Hyosung asked.

"To the hospital!?!" Zelo answered.

"Brilliant! But that's too late!"

"This is my fault! I murdered him! The right thing to do is to turn myself in!"

"Andwae! As your mother, I am the responsible one! Tonight, I was the person that drove the truck, not you! I'll be going! Hyosung, take good care of your brother for me please! Understand?"

"Omma! Don't!" Hyosung and Zelo held onto G.NA's arms to stop her from making another step.

     The three of them encircled Daehyun's body, trying to find an alternative solution to their mess. They spent the night walking around the kitchen without rest or sleep. It was already morning. Their minds drifted apart after exercising their brain for a long period of time from wondering what they should do still. Gradually, G.NA and Zelo were ready to pass out by the table, as they were sitting on the ground.

     As for Hyosung, she prepared a wet towel and decided to go to where Daehyun's body was laid down at. She gently wiped his face cleanly, then took his left hand, held it, and lightly cleansed his hand with the soaked towel. While she was wiping his hands clean, Daehyun slowly opened his eyes. He gazed at her and saw a halo above her head, with bright white lights shining around her. After Hyosung finished cleaning his hands, she looked up and their eyes met.

"Oh-o-OMMA!" Hyosung jumped, pointing at Daehyun.

"WAAAAAH!! Y-yo-you-you're ALIVE!?!" G.NA went to grab a pan in her hand.

"WHOAAAA!" Zelo backed away and put his fists up.

"Ugh..." Daehyun rolled his body to the side to sit up halfway. He touched his head with his palms and scanned the place. "Should I...be dead...?"

"Aniyo!!! You should live of course!" The three said in sync.

"Do I...know you...?" He questioned, tilting his head.

"Nope!" They said altogether again.

"Then what am I doing here?" He questioned, blinking his eyes with curiosity.

"Don't you remember? Last night, I was driving and I accidental——." Hyosung was about to admit what happened, but G.NA cuts in and gestures an 'X' with her arms to tell Hyosung to forget explaining.

"You accidental...ly hit me!?!" He said.

"A-an-aniya!" Hyosung answered, followed by G.NA.

"Ouch..." Daehyun agonized, moving his right leg.

"H-have you really forgotten? Everything?" Hyosung leaned in closer to see his reaction.

     He shook his head lightly, feeling aches coming from his head.

"Do you...know where you live?" G.NA asked, bending down close to him.

"Do you...know your name?" Zelo asked, crawling closer to him as well.

"Gah...my head hurts..." He pushed Zelo's head. "I can't seem to remember...anything..."

"Eh hahaha... Such a great relief!" The three said altogether.

Leaving Daehyun to wonder at them with lost eyes like a little kid.


A/N:

Merry Early Christmas~! This is your present my lovely readers! Tip for next chapter: Daehyun's hairstyle will slightly change. *cough*