Event: Engagement Party

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Superstarhyo, Inc.: Hyosung's Bedroom


"Kehehe." Hyosung giggled underneath a blanket, while biting onto a flashlight, trying to sew an outfit in the dark on the mattress.

     FLASHBACK BEGINS:     

"Please sell me that dress, Choco! I know $23 isn't enough, but this is my entire life savings!" Hyosung begged, holding her bunny bank.

"You want this dress that bad? Why?" She questioned with her arms crossed.

"I must, please Choco! I beg you! That dress will mean a lot if you could just let me have it!" Hyosung answered, kneeling on the ground.

"Cheh. It's tattered anyways." She rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, Choco! Thank you! Thank you!"

     FLASHBACK ENDS.     

"Huhuhu."

G.NA heard laughter coming inside Hyosung's room. She switched the lights on and uncovered the blanket on Hyosung, "YAH!"

"AHHHH!"

"Jun Hyosung, go to bed! It's past 10pm! I told you to sleep early! Don't waste electricity!"

"Arasso..."

"What's that cloth? You——!"

"Ack! No matter what you say, I will go to the concert even if I have to sneak out behind your back!"

"Huh? I never forbid you from going. You cray cray~! Besides, I don't want to be an embarrassment of this village if I don't let you attend to the concert. There have been rumors spreading like virus around the village about you borrowing Choco's dress."

"Oh..."

"You can't wear that dress. The stitching is done totally wrong. Here, give me. I will fix it for you."

"Hehe. Thanks, omma!" She expressed her gratitude, resting her head onto G.NA's shoulder.

"Mhmm." G.NA patted her head. "You know, I didn't care much about your father when I first met him. He came to this village, being a lonely widower with a child he had raise alone.

"Eh? That is not what I understood from Choco's sister. According to her, she said that you felt appa was an honest man so you——gah!"

"Nonsensical! Don't listen to Zinger!" She whacked Hyosung's head.

"No wonder you were misjudged by Manager Joo..." Hyosung mumbled before G.NA smacks her again. "Ohoho. You the best! Appa made the right choice in marrying you, omma!"

"Neh, majayo! I did everything I could for him! But how was I repaid!?!"

"Amugeotdo! Dad was at fault! You were left with his $200k debt combined with his ex-wife's medical debt, including a very sick child who belongs to his ex-wife. You must have felt a load of regret!"

"Yes, originally I wanted to take Zelo away only. But I had to turn back because I realized that I forgot something..." G.NA looks at a smiling Hyosung. "It was your brother's milk powder." She continued sewing the dress.

"Uh huh. I knew that Zelo recognized my sick condition and for leaving me behind, you must have felt bummed out."

"Hah! That wasn't the case! I had to take you away during the noisy commotions when the creditors arrived!"

"Neh~ Neh~ Omma, trust me. You are the awesomest person ever!" Hyosung chuckled, leaning her head against G.NA's shoulder once more.

"Of course I am! Haha. Say that loud and proud to me again!"

"Teehee. You are the awesomest person on this planet!"

They both kept laughing and giggling together.


Daehyun's House: Office room


     *     k     n     o     c     k   -   k     n     o     c     k     *     

"Daehyun-ah, you forgot TS Motel's portfolio in the car." Soeun said.

"I knew you would bring it to me." Daehyun grabbed the folders.

"Oh! I also found this brochure when I was cleaning the passenger seat area."

"I have never seen this and what was it doing inside my car?"

"That's what I wanted to ask you. The letter is written 'To: Jun Hyosung.' Who may that be? It looks as if there is a concert held the same day as our engagement party too."

Daehyun takes a good look at the brochure, remembering the time Hyosung rode in his car and used his cellphone.  "Ah... She must be the one... So there really was a concert..."

"Is something wrong? Was there a misunderstanding?"

"Mhm." He nodded.

"Well, why don't you make it up to her? You can buy her a dress she can wear for the concert."

"Hm..."

"That was only a suggestion. Do what you feel is right." She mentored. "Alright, off to bed for me. Don't work too hard now. You have to be at your best for the engagement day tomorrow. Have a good night~!" She kissed him on the forehead, before exiting.

      Few seconds later, Daehyun made a phone call.

"Hello, Jongup? My apologies if I woke you up. Do me a favor tomorrow. Okay?"


Superstarhyo, Inc.: Living room


"Objection! That dress matches Choco a gazillion times better!" Zelo wittily commented, shaking his head.

"Hush! Can't you tell from a white lie? Omma even spent a diligent all-nighter to mend this dress." Hyosung said, posing like statues.

"Mhmm. The dress is really beautiful. But it doesn’t agree with your style of image.” G.NA remarked, making a peace sign.

"YAH! OM——!"

     *     k     n     o     c     k   -   k     n     o     c     k     *     

"Ahem! Pardon me, but is Miss Jun Hyosung here?" someone asked by their entrance door.

     G.NA and Zelo went to check out the gentleman requesting to see Hyosung.

"Why hello handsome, how can I help you today? We got everything that you need right here, such as entertainment to food." G.NA suggested.

The young gentleman pulls out a handkerchief and wipes his sweat off his cheeks. "E-eh...May I ask if you are Miss Jun Hyosung?"

"Haha. 'Miss,' very sweet to hear that from such a young good-looking fellow." She paused, crossing her arms and changing gears. "What is your purpose seeking for my daughter, huh?"

     He placed the handkerchief on his mouth for a brief second. Hyosung finally comes to join them.

"Ah! You must be Miss Jun Hyosung! Please follow me this way!" He requested, walking towards a vehicle outside in front of the gates, opening the backseat car door.

     The three followed and looked at him with their heads tilted in question.

"Please get inside the car, Miss Jun Hyosung." He gestured his hands, implying for her to enter the car.

"Why so sudden? Are you planning to kidnap me?" Hyosung stood close besides Zelo, pinching onto his shirt.

"My boss instructed me to buy you a dress. This must belong to you. Am I correct?" He handed her a letter.

"Your boss? Oh. The invitation card... Impossible, but how? Could your boss' surname be Jung?"

"Neh. Now please come inside the car, time won't wait."

     Hyosung was about to step inside, only to be stopped by G.NA.

"Look, you seem like a decent guy who would not lie either, but a stranger taking away my daughter out of nowhere, I cannot allow that." G.NA said, patting the young gentleman's suit. "Zelo! Accompany your sister for me and report back to me if anything odd occurs. Okay? Go~!"

"H-he-hey!" He hesitated, watching Zelo dash into the car.

"Hyosung! Go~!" She ordered.

     The young gentleman bites the inside of his lips and wipes his sweat again with his handerchief. Just when he was about to enter the driver seat, G.NA scared him. She told him that she has already notated down his license plate number. Then she asked him for his contact number to keep tabs on him. If anything goes wrong, she will call the police. He answered her with a smile, got inside the car, and zoomed away.

"Hey, wait! Don't leave! How am I supposed to find you then! I am single! You hear me!" She yelled. "Nice. It was loud and clear."

     On the way to a clothing shop, Hyosung and Zelo stuck their heads outside the window to take a good view of the the urban city. They pointed, screamed, and chatted amongst each other from fascination. Once they reached to the store, both of them started to rampage through the entire clothing shop like little kids who found treasures. Everyone, the driver, the owner and the employees of the shop were speechless watching those two run around in circles, grabbing and throwing clothes, poking and playing with mannequins displayed, making shockful faces at the price tags, and so forth.

"Jongup, are they really friends with GM Jung or are they just street beggars?" the owner doubted.

"Sigh. GM Jung ordered me to bring them here. Son Heonsoo, you are a talented stylist. Select a formal outfit for her." He asked.

     Heonsoo snapped his fingers. Two female employees went up to Hyosung and dragged her to the changing room. Zelo wanted to follow and save Hyosung, but was blocked by Jongup. He decided to negotiate with Jongup, telling him that he will let him off if he gives him a free outfit. This led Jongup to chuckle, and call his boss telling him that he has never felt so irrated before and to give him a break next time. Daehyun, on the line, laughed on how unbelievable those people are to handle and hangs up.

     After Hyosung and Zelo finished getting a new makeover, G.NA made a priceless facial expression when they returned. Zelo became extremely dashing and cool. Hyosung became extra gorgeous with hair extension and makeup on for the first time in her life. The dress she chose brought out her curves and the jewelries added a nice touch. They bragged for awhile until Hyosung said her goodbyes to catch the bus.

"Omma, Hyosunggie-noona does look like a beautiful fairytale princess, when she is all dolled up and keeps shut." He commented.

"Indeed! She looks like a younger version of me. Mhmm." G.NA said dreamily, while posing.


Engagement Party: Soeun's waiting room


     *     k     n     o     c     k   -   k     n     o     c     k     *     

At first, Soeun mistook the person knocking for Daehyun. It was Ilwoo. He smiled, saying how lovely she looks in a white wedding dress and if they should practice the exchange of rings. She agreed to his request. As he was holding her right hand, he reached into his pockets. Soeun panicked and slipped her hand out of his. He knew that would happen, so he grinned, opened his hands and showed her the melon candies.

"Haha. You should have seen your own reaction! You really thought I was being serious?"

"Oppa! Hey you always like to tease me! You better watch out for karma punk!"

He placed the sweets onto her hands, stood behind her, who was sitting on a chair, looking straight at the mirror together, he leaned his head onto hers with one hand on her shoulders. "You know, since we were kids, I would always give you melon candies to cheer you up whenever you are unhappy. You would no longer crying, and then brightly smile at me." He paused for a bit. "From today onwards, your special smile will only belong to him, Daehyun. I give you two my blessings with everlasting smiles."

She became shocked and looked at him. "Ilwoo..."

     He kissed her on the top of her head.

"Isn't that the groom's job, Jung Ilwoo, to kiss the bride?" Daehyun walked in, fixing the buttons on his sleeves. "For that, your help is not needed."

Soeun notices the tense atmosphere between the two. "Look Daehyun-ah! Ilwoo gave me these sweets for our blessings."

"Hmph. Soeun isn't a kid anymore yet you continue to entice her with sweets." He then turned to Soeun. "And why did you comply?"

"Congratulations." Ilwoo lifted one hand for a shake. "The engagement is official and I can let go now."

They stared and smirked at each other for a minute, then finally shook hands. With that, Ilwoo left.

Daehyun walks up to a vase of white roses, takes one out and explains to her what the white rose represents. "I was told that white roses mean compatibility from a florist. Hmph. That in which you are the only one for me." He smiled and handed her the rose.

"Hehe. That is the sweetest and most romantic thing you have ever said to me since I have known you..."

     *     R     i     N     g   -   R     i     N     g     *    

"Hi, Jongup! Is the set ready?" He glanced at Soeun, grinning happily. "Perfect, I will meet you in a bit."

     After the call ended, he told her that he had made another order of the ring that was lost in the sea. She sincerely smiled, asking if he had to go and collect the ring personally. He answered that it is a once-in-a-lifetime affair so he wants pick up the ring himself. Nodding in agreement, he held her left hand in the air and kissed her on the cheeks. During that moment, the white rose pricked her right ring finger causing a drop of blood to drip onto her pure white dress.

"I'll be back." He smiled, leaving the room.

Once Soeun was alone in the room, she had a worried look as she stared at her wounded finger and the white rose.


Driving through a botanical garden park, Daehyun eyed at the duplicate ring he had finally retrieved from Madame Sunhwa. He could not stop himself from smiling, until the speed of the car began to decelerate in the middle of the street.

"Jongup, what is the matter?" He asked, rolling his windows down.

"Her." Jongup pointed outside the window at a girl climbing onto the branches of a tree. "She seems to have a lot of time on her hands, for someone that should be punctual. Instead she rather enjoys herself playing with birds. Weird girl she is. Not to mention, she called you Principal Jung many times. Other than that, I must say that she does look different, when she is completely dressed up..."

     Daehyun brought his knuckle beneath his chin and continued to look beyond the car window, staring at Hyosung with curiosity. I now understand. An ugly duckling can become into a swan, but in the end, a duckling will always be a duckling. Eventually it will reveal itself.

"Give her a ride to the concert, Jongup." He ordered, stepping out.

"Huh? But sir, your engage——."

Daehyun nodded to ensure that he will be fine and strolled off, thus Jongup followed his instructions and drove forward to meet Hyosung.

      *     V     a     R     o     0     o     M     *     

 

Moments later, a grey car suddenly appeared and accelerated towards Daehyun's direction.

 

     *     V     a     R     o     0     o     M     *     

 

Daehyun hears a car speeding right behind. He ran as fast as he could.

 

     *     S     c     H     r     E     e     E     c     H     *     

 

There was nowhere else to run, no place to hide, nor could he outrun the car any longer.

 

     *     S     c     H     r     E     e     E     c     H     *     

 

He was frozen in trapness.

 

     *     B     A     M   -   B     O     O     M     *     


A/N:  

The fun will begin the next chapter, or two (?). I promise, again, it will be more exciting...? You may have noticed, I like to add music to liven up the story, like a real drama? Thank you so much for reading and being patient!! Much appreciated!