Home: Smiling Heart

Tokki Prince Charming

 


 

Lights dim. Curtains shut. The interrogation process begins:

"Boy, you better speak now or forever hold your peace!" barked G.NA, who was mad-dogging the tanned guy sitting across from her. "You tainted my precious daughter's purity! Didn't you!?!"

Seated beside the dark skin-toned boy is an embarrassed girl, who quickly raised her nervous voice, "A-are you serious!?! Om-ma, Wonbin and I—"

"[tch] Jun Hyosung! Don't interfere when I am in the middle of asking Wonbin a life-or-death question! Got it? Silence is golden."

     Despite being warned, Hyosung does finish her sentence in the end, by muttering "didn't do any sort of mischievous acts..." under her breath. Due to the fact that G.NA wouldn't give her the chance to explain the rest of what she wanted to say, their innocence, unfortunately, could not be cleared.

"Alrighty. Let us move along. Wonbin, if you had dared laid a finger on my poor helpless child, I, Choi G.NA, will shred you into minced beef. You hear me?"

"Deh. In truth I," Daehyun paused for a short second to look straight into G.NA's proud eyes. He clears his throat and replies with strong confidence, "Ain't your relative, am I?"

     Sweet cherry tomatoes! The tables have turned. Both girls were taken aback, especially G.NA. Those words he had uttered out of nowhere choked her the most. Figuratively. She became mute. Lumps of sweat began to shower on her forehead and little-by-little her ego shrunk as he spoke further. Hyosung, on the other hand, squirmed quietly on the sidebar.

"I mean, you prevented me from visiting the police station before. For what purpose? Isn't it logical to have just filed a police report? Considering that my identity would have been better resolved immediately and effectively with them. Or," he leans onto the chairs backboard and crosses his arms. "Could it be? You're hiding something from me. Aren't you? What's the case? Because why would you bother to go on an extra mile to try and get rid of me. That I say seems awfully fishy. Judging by your impartial troubled expression, you don't have a plausible explanation and you don't plan on telling me anything either."

     Oh my raspberry cheesecakes! Stuck tongue tied some more. The two became stiff. His deep words entangled them against escaping their own trickeries. His directness pierced them into their hearts. His sharp mind scared them with many worries making G.NA swallow a chunk of her own saliva and causing Hyosung to clasp her hands tighter. Everything he said, coming from an amnesiac person too, is valid. What shall they proceed on doing next? Or what will he do to be exact.

"Well then," he pushed himself forward, unfold his arms, and fix his left wrist sleeve. "Before I remember who I really am and where I live, I will continue to follow through with your charades, just as long as I remain staying here."

     Rather than becoming negatively impacted like G.NA, the tension locking Hyosung's body muscle had loosened once she learned that he will keep on regardless of what happened. While the irregular beat inside her chest had shifted for a different reason once she heard that exceptional word echoing in her ears: stay. However the unease feeling she had stands anonymous to her still. It was similar to a hint of joy she felt the other night; when they were done with their piano practice, he made a sudden compliment about how the diamond star ring is beautiful and well-matched on her. That my dear friend meant her heart is smiling.

"How about it?" he tilt his head. "Col (deal)?"

"Heol!" G.NA scoffed and answers him with disbelief, "This ain't a hotel boy!"

"Okey-dokey. Suit yourself. I'll be on my way," he smirked and did a goodbye salute. "To the police station."

"W-wait!" she panicked, having been finally caught onto his hook. "What you want is a place to stay right? Since you are willing to follow through, fine, I'll compromise with you. Let us reach an agreement. You must do manual labor (such as carrying and delivering the gas cylinders), sleep on mattresses only inside our shop"

     Coming to terms over settling their issue, G.NA definitely expects Daehyun to leave on his own accord. She imagines he won't last long by cornering him into being a slave driver who is going to work till he bleeds to death. Muahaha, G.NA wickedly celebrated alone and Hyosung notices. She realizes G.NA is acting odd and finds it even stranger because she knew her mother is up to something.

"—last but not least, no fancy feelings or gestures towards my daughter, Hyo. She is going to marry a rich man! Understood?"

"Ack! Omma!" whined Hyosung.

"Arasseo. Col. The moment I regain my memories," Daehyun slows down to take a brief glance at a pouting Hyosung then returns his attention onto G.NA. "I will leave."

     Enough said. His commitment was much to G.NA's satisfaction. But as for Hyosung, her heart sank. Never would she have thought of hearing that agonizing word ringing in her ears again: leave. First her mother, then her father, and now, him. Her brain was clogged overthinking: leave as in gone, gone as in disappear, disappear as in forever, but where and when, until the front door of her house busted wide open and the bright yellow sun beamed into their eyes blinding them.

"C-cousin Wonbin!" a desperate male called out.

"Zinsuk?" wondered G.NA and Hyosung.

     They were curious to know his presence.

"Dude! You don't know how stoke I am to see you here! Cousin Wonbin, please come and help us improve our motel's management! We need you! TS Motel needs you!"

     Both ladies beyond surprised.

"It will take major efforts salvaging that motel. Won't there also be a new owner soon?" stated Daehyun.

Hyosung jumps in, "Master Joo's home is TS Motel. TS Motel is Master's Joo's life. Losing something dear to you is unbearable."

     The bellhopper nodded.

"Yah, Wonbin, as an account for rescuing you earlier today, you must attend to the motel with Zinsuk." she told him.

Daehyun scrunches his eyebrows and asks her, "Tell me. Why would you go to such great lengths trying to save something (the motel) that you already know will become a loss (demolish) eventually? You won't receive any benefits. Neither can you make any investments from it."

In a soft caring tone, she answers him, "Haven't you ever striven so hard for something or even someone that means very much to you?"

     His eyes squeezed together as well.

"If you do, whether or not you gain from it, what matters the most instead, is the thought that counts. Arachi (got it)?"

     He repeats after what she said to himself.

"Okay. Now stop lingering. You oughta get scooching! Go~ go~ go~!"

     Zinsuk turns super-duper-hyper mode that he went on to snatch Daehyun's wrist and pulls him outside.

"Yahoooo! There just might be hope left still for TS Motel! Woot! Let's go, Cousin Wonbin!"

     Hyosung decides to follow behind, except she gets momentarily stopped by G.NA.

"Jun Hyosung! Where in the world do you think you are going?"

"I'm just gonna go check up on them!" she said, ninjaing her way out the door.

"Hey! You're supposed to finish your chores!"

"Sowwie, the wind is blowing too loud out here! I couldn't catch what you said! Later Omma! I'll be back in a jiffy!"

"Aish! You little punk! Don't pretend you didn't hear a single word I said! [tch] Fine! I'll do it myself. That useless brat! Hmpf."

     Like they say, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. Anyways, when the three have arrived at TS Motel, Zinger and Zinsuk were intimidated in the beginning by Daehyun's words because he speaks with honesty. It may come off strong to others but he only means the best. Gradually, his consultation changes them and they became more ecstatic. He taught them proper use of instrument and hospitality. He advised them that every individual entering their motel is a customer, even if they plan to make a short rest stop, they are still to be treated as a valued guest. So forth.

     Meanwhile, during Daehyun's lecture between Zinger and Zinsuk, Hyosung was quite impressed on how passionate and knowledgable he was in the field of hotel management. So the more she watched and the more she listened, she began to gaze at him more in awed.

Unknowingly, her inner heart, smiles again.


A/N: 

Hope everyone had a nice Easter Sunday & April Fool's Day! SECRET's 3y6m celebration is nearing!

To SECRETxB.A.P/DaehyunxHyosung lovers, the following are two teaser fanvids I created for you as a special present:

    * Night Of The Hunter

    * Say It Now

Spazzing! I'd be in cloud nine if someone serenades me with a confession song, like the main guy from Austin & Ally:

    * Ross Lynch - I Think About You