Reunion: Archery Club Lunch

Tokki Prince Charming

 


The lunch party has begun. Every single archery club member congratulated Yongguk and Jieun's engagement, including the man they highly anticipated for.

"Ilwoo! Long time no see! Thank you buddy, and who could this gorgeous lady be?"

"Yongguk, my pal, it has. Haha. This is Kim Soeun. She is a very good friend of mine."

People began cheering, "Wo0OooohooO0o! Myungsoo! Nice aim! L! Great posture!"

"Oho. Yongguk honey," called Jieun, who was buttering him up. "They're playing archery. Aren't your skills up to par my darling? Why not show off?"

"Ahaha. Babe, it should be Ilwoo. He is the real expert. He won numerous gold medals and even brought our team onto national championship. Ain't that right, Kind Il Woo?"

"Duuude don't make me man blush. That was yeeears ago."

     All four got along well and joins the rest of the crowd in due course. Ilwoo made a couple of shots—bullseye—each arrow landed in the center, gaining everyone's praise. Yongguk and Jieun questioned how he honed his skills and what sparked him to learn. He answers them how everyday he would practice archery earnestly because the girl he wanted to impress has her eyes fixated onto someone else, whom he describes is much talented and better archer than him. Their converstion became uneasy for Soeun. So she excused herself to the ladies washroom.

"Speaking of your mysterious lady, was her name Jun Hyosung?" Jieun inquired.

      Shocker. Ilwoo asked them if they know her as well. They nodded and explained to him that she is a deceitful person who insists on wanting to marry a prosperous man. He was then asked whether or not she was his girlfriend. The couple scoffed from an expected outcome and discloses him their bikini belly dance bet. This reminded him about her impulsive dating request yesterday. He excused himself afterwards to search for Soeun. And the heroine finally arrives. She wore the same outfit during her biological mom's commemoration concert. Like typical dramas, the two do not encounter and Ilwoo leaves the party early because Soeun felt rather uncomfortable.

"Heeeeh. You made it, Jun. Hyo. Sung."

    Everybody gather round her, while Jieun bashes her; like those sore losers getting bullied by the populars.

"Why so lonely? Where's your boyfriend? Jung. Il. Woo."

"Aaheeheh... Must face my own lies ...Ilwoo... Even my fortune and prayers this morning believes so ...I... It isn't too late ...we... I hope."

"Hold it. I'll save you the trouble of embarassment. He was here earlier and with a different partner."

"You better be right about this too Wonbin. We broke up, Elementary Song. He has the right to see someone else."

"Interesting. He told us you weren't his girlfriend. At. All. Now what do you have to say for yourself?"

     Totally petrified. Hyosung jitters watching Jieun parading her bikini they selected and receives pokes on her head by Yongguk.

"H [poke] yo [poke] sung [poke]! I'll remember it for eternity. Your unnnforgettable breathtaking performance. Mwuahahaha!"

     The crowd bursts laughing along with their Kingka and Queenka as the peasant was outcasted.

"Wonbin, mianhae, my pride is on the line. I can't tolerate them embarrassing me like this. I can't endure living in their shadows either. Actually, I am dating Jung Daehyun. He is currently overseas, is GM of Matoki, and is in higher position than Jung Ilwoo. Does that sound convincing?"

     Neither of them took her word for it. Yongguk first pins her and Jieun needles her last.

"Don't be ridiculous. It's impossible to have a long distance relationship."

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Silly girl. You have already lost."

"Admit your defeat."

"Attention everybody! This lovely girl, my dear friends, is Jun Hyosung. She will do a spectacular bikini dance show for us later. Sound good?"

"Awoooooo! [whistles] Bi-ki-ni! Bi-ki-ni! Bi-ki-ni!"

I am beyond doomed! It's happening all over again! Hyosung thought and struggled in one spot. She cupped her ears, closed her eyes, and shook her head away from their degrading comments and chants. Honesty... integrity... gaaaahuuuuuh... filthy lies! Eeerrughh... I wish a prince would just come and save me right now!

"Hyosung."

     In a split second, the air filled with laughter inside the room died. Everyone became startled hearing the warm, refined tone, coming from behind them. They moved aside and cleared the path for the sophisticated gentleman, who had a vest on underneath his tux and a necktie with his fringes brushed onto the side. Before walking down the aisle, he fixed his wrist sleeves and had an enticing smile across his face. As he approach the girl looking at him in awe, he slips a white tulip out from the pocket of his suit jacket and hands the flower (conveying many messages such as forgiveness and taking chances) over to her.

"Sorry for the delay and misunderstanding, I rushed my way here as soon as possible. Have I missed anything important, my gongjoo (princess)?"

     Speechless upon his arrival, Hyosung simply shaked her head lightly and accepts his flower, causing others to stare and mutter about them.

"My humble apologies for appearing late," he politely announced, facing the crowd with his left arm wrapping her right shoulder. "I am Jung Daehyun. Pleased to meet everyone."

Archery club member #1: "Hey, L (Myungsoo). Didn't you meet Jung Daehyun at a banquet?"

Archery club member #2: "Yes."

Archery club member #1: "Do you recognize him?"

Archery club member #2: "Not quite, I saw him from a distance, his face was obscured."

"Excusez moi," Jieun cuts in-between Hyosung and Daehyun. "You say you are Jung Daehyun. Very few has seen and interacted with him. His friend Ilwoo too went home. How can we trust you are him?"

"Ssongji-pie, remember what Ilwoo mentioned? Daehyun is the only person with great proficiency and can especially dictate his arrows where he wants targeted within a vast range. Like the legendary American baseball player, Babe Ruth. And we do have an archery board, why not demonstrate?"

      Everybody relocated. They patiently waited for Daehyun to put on the armguard and a three tube quiver.

"Listen carefully. This mission requires dexterity. There are five colors on the board and three arrows in your possession. You must align (horizontal/vertical) your arrows from yellow (inner), blue (middle), and white (outer) as instructed in order. If you succeed the task given, then we will believe you." informed Yongguk, passing an olympic recurve bow to him.

     Tension filled the empty space as Daehyun places his left hand on the riser grip, adjusts his first arrow against the rester, and positions his right hand fingers on the strings. He begins raising the bow and flexes the nock of the arrow against the bowstring serving. That is until Hyosung falls forward and disrupts him.

"Oopsie. Mianhaeyo. I lost my balance and tripped. Eheee," she clarified, yanking the arrow on Daehyun's hand. She then whispers and pleads, "Hajima. Let's just go home. Neh?"

     Coming this far, nothing can change Daehyun's mind. Not even Hyosung. So he returns a cheeky smile and slides her hand off the arrow, making her worry. He is in fact committed and confident he will finish what has started. Wiping his smirk off, he expresses seriousness and assumes in his shooting stance.

Afraid he might fail, Hyosung covers her eyes.

     Slowly, Daehyun lifts and draws his bow, closes his right-eye dominant to maintain a direct line-of-sightyellow target lock, steady aim, release, and repeat twice more. Applauses echoed briefly after into Hyosung's ears. She shifts her fingers little by little and scans the archery board.

  (Arrow #1) Yellow - pass    (Arrow #2) Blue - pass    (Arrow #3) White - pass 

Heol! Daebak! she jumped in joy, clapping her hands altogether with the audience who had a change of attitude, except the soon-to-be-wed couple.

"[clears throat] Isn't my lady forgetting something? My reward." asked Daehyun, pointing and tapping his right cheek in front of the uber excited Hyosung. "In this kind of moment, you're supposed to take initiative."

And to her surprise, their spectators supported positively, "Whoo0OO0o! Ki-su! Ki-su! Ki-su!"

     Talk about awk-werd (awkward). Hyosung became anxious from his abrupt request and action. In which he grabs her by the waist and pulls her in closer. Leaning his right cheek towards her face, up close and personal, he awaited. She blinked thrice, tilts her head at the cheering crowd, and reverts back at him. Giving in, her delicate shaped lips are now pressed against his caramel cheek, making him grin above satisfaction.

     Excluding Yongguk and Jieun, they aren't the slightest bit cherry. Losing is not an option. It (the bet) ain't over till the person gets the last laugh.

TAKE TWO: Action.

"Pardon me, Daehyun." Yongguk interposes the boy, who was elaborating his archery skills with other members of the club interested. "May I have the honor borrowing your partner for a dance?"

     Hyosung's eyes widen, knowing he isn't being sincere. Within an instant, she glances at Daehyun and envelopes her arms around his. Not wanting to let go.

"Yongguk, you may."

     She panics and nudges him. Implying why and don't. In his response, he gently removes her arms and gives her hands away to her high school Prince.

Shall we dance? Ballroom style.

"Since your boyfriend comes from a wealthy family, you should know how to waltz too, right? That unless..."

     Oh boy. Poor Hyosung, she had trouble following Yongguk's lead, which he intends to keep it that way. Indeed he schemes on having more than just fun with her on the dance floor. He also won't stop because he enjoys the sight of her losing footsteps through disoriented box step and whirls compiling her wooziness.

"Aiiiyoooo. Are you having cold feet, Hee~ yoo~ sung~?"

     Meanwhile, Daehyun observes the unfair treatment Hyosung is receiving from Yongguk. It was apparent what her male dance partner's objective is. Plus, every now and then Daehyun would see her try catching his attention, mouthing for his help. He too couldn't bear her getting toyed further. So when he notices Jieun laugh wickedly alone at the bar counter, he finds this as an open opportunity asking her for a dance. They strolled on the dance floor and waltzed beside Yongguk and Hyosung, who was still crying wholeheartedly inside for his help.

A good few minutes has past and Daehyun had kept a close lookout on those two.

     Once Yongguk twirled Hyosung outward, and for the last time, he deliberately sets loose of her afterwards. She spun in circles dazed with her right arm midair. This was Daehyun's cue. He makes his move and spins Jieun as well. Then he lightly pushes her lower back, forcing herself onto Yongguk, staggering them. As goes for the whirling Hyosung, he applies his left hand onto her right, locking it securely, controlling her turn. Her pace drastically stabilizes and he captures her entirely with his free hand round her thin waist.

     Allowing Hyosung to have a restoration mentality from such a miserable dance, Daehyun now sees an upward curvature on her lips when she realizes her arms are finally safe in his care. Though she was disappointed of him at the same time. They soon discuss everything through while swaying together.

"Mmm. You dared offered my hand to him. Why? Does it pleases you to see me get humiliated?" she pouted, as he chuckles.

"But isn't he your so-called Prince Charming?"

"Augh!" she puffed her cheeks. "Correction was."

"Yeah, and that was your first time dancing with the man you had secretly admired. So? Did your heart beat nervously? Pounding ba-thump ba-thump." he teased.

"An-i-yo. He is his-tuh-ree (history)." she paused. "Although, on the other hand, your behavior does strike me anxious..."

"Eo really? If that's the case," he smirks. "I advise you will need to get used to it."

     She shied away and grins a little.

"Relax, and follow my lead."

     They repositioned their butterfly hold for a rotary waltz and continue dancing.

"Waltz is the oldest form of ballroom dance. It is the first dance since evolution where couples are in close contact. The word also means to turn. In the olden days, lovers who couldn't meet each other in public would attend parties to express their longing. Only a perfect turn can be executed by giving your hands to your beloved."

With that explanation, Daehyun raises his left arm, and gracefully twirls Hyosung.

     Turning clockwise underneath the arch twice, Hyosung thinks thoroughly about herself being guided exceptionally by the person she had titled as a pauper, yet almost always tends to her aid when she needs her prince the most. She springs her arms around his neck, happily embracing him the moment she had stopped spinning and their noses touched. There was nothing more content to her now than his assurance.

     For Daehyun as well moved his right hand onto Hyosung's shoulderblade area and left onto her waist side, returning her an affectionate hug.

Hence their heart and smile brightens for one another.