Reunion: High School Diary (2)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


"Chongmariya (it's really true)! My boyfriend iiiiiiiiiiiis called Jung. Il. Woo. He is the Creative Director of Matoki. Extremely handsome, smart, and rich with great manners."

     Flaunting another man's name spoiled Daehyun's bright white smile, and without further ado, he leaves out of their sight.

"Splendid. Tomorrow afternoon, my archery club members are having lunch gathering."

"Yongguk and I will distribute our invitations too. Why don't you and Jung Ilwoo join us?"

"Aaahah... My apologies, our schedule is packed doing errands."

"Heeeeeh. I knew you bluffed."

"Meee, lie, nooooo. Fine. Ilwoo and I will rearrange our plans to be there."

"Excellent. But if you are lying, you must wear a bikini and belly dance like you did in high school."

     Yongguk snickered alongside Jieun.

"Hah! Who's scared? Bring it on! And if you lose, you'll be the one in bikini dancing."

"Marvelous. Ilwoo is also member of the club and he knows my honey Yongguk. We'll be expecting the both of you, especially Ilwoo's story. Can't wait till then. Look forward seeing ya in a bikini doing those belly moves. Pfft. Buh-bye."

Dear gosh, what have I gotten myself into. I cannot become a laughingstock for the secondth time, Hyosung thought and immediately seeks the person she could possibly rely on.

"Won. Bin. Mmmm. I have a favor I would like to ask of you."

"Why don't you ask Jung Ilwoo? Since he can play the piano very well, compliments your hardworking hands, and helped you find flowers." said Daehyun, in a harsh tone, while setting up chairs and cleaning tables outside the inn.

"Y-you eavesdropped on us! Y-you saw me being ridiculed! Omo! Was that amusing?"

He flares, "What I saw back there was a liar! Why didn't you honestly tell them your man is Wonbin!"

"Weeell, you said I was an embarrassment; giving my blood to the wrong person and wanting to bury yourself in a hole."

"So why bother?" He paused, noticing her captivating gaze, and tries escaping by flicking water onto her. "Because I am staying at your house, I don't want people to have an impression that I am also a liar like you."

"Hmph. It isn't a crime faking I am rich. And just because I am a poor person, I shouldn't have the need consuming all those malicious insult from the wealthy people."

"Even so, that isn't the point for you to have to lie."

"Ugh! You wouldn't understand, unless you had been the one tricked, especially wearing a bi," she stopped herself and he darted at her. "Never mind. I'll go find Jung Ilwoo instead since he is the only person that can and will help me in this kind of situation."

     Hyosung kicks a chair and marches off, leaving Daehyun return doing his cleaning duty in an aggressive manner.

>> • <<

In the chairman's office of Matoki, Ilwoo believed this is the right moment for everyone to know about Daehyun's disappearance and Soeun felt Mr. Jung deserves an honorable funeral. However Youngjae doesn't. He manages influencing Mrs. Jung on keeping the funeral private and not expose Daehyun's disappearance yet to prevent further company issues.

     Concluding their meeting, Mrs. Jung suggested Soeun to move on and considers her more like a daughter than a daughter-in-law when Youngjae left. She then places Ilwoo's hand onto Soeun's, giving them her blessings, hoping Ilwoo could take care of Soeun from now on. Bringing a sincere smile onto Ilwoo's face, he invites Soeun to join him and meet new friends at his club's lunch gathering tomorrow. Mrs. Jung agreed it would be best for her too. Resulting Soeun to accept his offer. Afterwards, Ilwoo receives a phone call and meets with the person on the other end of the line at Matoki's swimming pool.

"Hey, Jun Hyosung, what's the matter?"

"Ilwoo, will you please date me?" she bowed ninety-degrees.

"Pardon, did I hear correctly?" he chuckled with astonishment. "Is that alright with you?"

"Yes! I don't have anyone else who can help me now except for you. If you are free tomorrow, may you accompany me to a party?"

"Tomorrow? Oh I am so sorry. I am booked for a reunion. But what's wrong? Why suddenly date?"

"Siiigh. I made Wonbin angry. I pretended being rich in front of my old friends and he disapproved my action."

     It's true and Ilwoo would've agreed with him too. Thus Hyosung thanked Ilwoo still for seeing her and walks away. She assures herself that everything will be fine as time passes. Taking a few steps forward, Ilwoo follows and gives her a hug, which Soeun happens to see by coincidence. His skinship petrified Hyosung. She assumed he was trying to molest her, but clarifies the hug was a simple consolation and continues encouraging her until she regains her positive state. Once she does, they said their goodbyes, and Ilwoo turns.

"Eo? Soeun, you haven't left?"

"Ah, mhm. By the way, who is that girl? I've never seen her here before."

"Her? I met her not long ago. She's from Secret Busan Fishing Village. She is quite odd, but at the same time, adorable."

     Soeun sees him smiling genuinely towards the skipping girl and begins wondering herself.

     After speaking with Ilwoo, Hyosung held onto her amulet, wishing its power on finding her rich man for the party to work. Two female workers walked past her, they spoke about their new and previous GM. Catching her full attention, she quickly dashed backwards and asked them who this GM they mentioned earlier is, making those girls scrunch their eyebrows at her.

     Meanwhile, Hana, Choco, Zinsuk, and Chef Kang were being nitpicky. They complained about the extensive task list Daehyun created individually for them. As if his mood isn't tampered enough, he scolds them.

"Why did we go through all those hassles saving this inn if you only end up disregarding quality service and your guests' perspective!"

     No argument there. Channeling Master Joo. He hastily changes the atmosphere telling them that Daehyun's ideas are beneficial since they must prepare themselves for their next month's magazine interview. Eventually the three learn the reason behind Daehyun's abnormal temper from Chef Kang, who witnessed Hyosung and Daehyun bicker by accident.

     Speaking of their quarrel, Brian caught on fast. He advise Daehyun that nothing can be resolved venting anger out onto his employees. He then lectures him about the use of one's heart and eyes when judging for the truth.

>> • <<

Hours later, Hyosung came home with a shopping bag.

"Omma! Where's Wonbin?"

"He's in the storage room. Hmmmmm. You seem awfully concerned about Wonbin these days. And what is in that bag you are holding?"

"Oooh thiiiiis? Just some clothes. Outta go omma!"

     She rushed to where her last chance would be.

     Approaching the storage room,  Hyosung taps her knuckles onto the door for the boy's attention.

"Sssoooowwieee. I shouldn't have lashed out on you, Wonbin. It was unintentional."

     Daehyun acknowledges her presence and stops halfway organizing inventories.

"I know. Me too. I should've spoken nicely."

     A grin grew on his face, he does a bunny peace sign while looking down, and lets out a small laugh.

"Really I'm forgiven? Yay! Glad to know we have reconciled!"

     He grips the towel around his neck and wipes his sweat.

"Now that we are on good terms again. Doooooes that mean you will help me? Because there is this party I am attending tomorrow and I would like you to me as Jung Daehyun!"

"Me. Be. Jung. Dae. Hyun. Geuneun nuguya (who is he)?"

"He is the GM of Matoki. Higher position than Jung Ilwoo. Currently overseas and likes to keep a low profile from the media. Therefore you will have no problem impersonating him. Also, this bag is your suit inside that I have arranged!"

     She shook the bag in front of him and he whacks it aside.

"I thought you understood why I was irate. Clearly you don't. You are such a materialistic girl. Why can't you be proud going to the party meeting your friends with the real me?"

"On a different light, every girl hopes her boyfriend is a successful person. Anyways you don't treat me as your girlfriend so why not pretend and help me?"

"Shallow!"

"Oh okay then I suppose me performing the belly dance and getting scorned by other is better!"

"I just don't want to be involved in your lies. Haven't you heard? Honesty is the best virtue."

"You think I want to lie? You think I enjoy lying? I ain't a fool! The more one lies, the worse it gets, and costs consequences. So yes I do understand honesty is virtue! But if you are teased and treated like dirt for being honest, would you still think that is virtue? Lies!"

"It is your own lies you must face in order to solve the problem."

"Ani ani ani! It isn't! This is useless! You don't mind whether or not I get teased! You don't care about me at all!"

"What about me? How about my thoughts and feelings? You asked me to pretend to be someone else I am not. Selfish!"

"Guuuh! ARRASSO! Forget that I ever asked you!"

     She storms out and enters the living room area a few minutes later.

     G.NA goes over and checks on her depressed daughter. She knows about Hyosung's fight earlier, including Zelo, because the two were shouting loud to each other around the house.

"Hyo-sweety, if something is troubling you. Let your mother know. Wait! What's with the backpack? Are you running away my dear?"

    A slender girl comes in and interrupts, making Hyosung terrified.

"Yeeeelloooow! Jun~ Hyo~ Sung~!"

"Neeeeeo! What brings you here, Elementary Song?"

"I came alone personally to deliver this letter of invitation for our club's gathering tomorrow. I also wanted to check up on you to see if you are trying to flee. Aha. And I was right all along."

"Oh what this bag? It belongs to my dongsaeng. I was helping him pack up for his field trip tomorrow."

     Within an instant, Hyosung tosses her backpack onto Zelo.

"Uh huh! My dearest son is attending a school trip!" said G.NA, elbowing her son.

"Y-yeeee! Tomorrow I am going on a field trip! Gomawa Hyosunggie-noona!"

"Fabulous. I have nothing to worry myself about."

     Finally, Daehyun finishes his chores in the storage room and heads out to the washroom. There, from a distance, he sees a haughty girl remove a gum from , places it on back of the card, and presses it against the entrance door.

"Ah! I almost forgot. I prepared something specially for you. Aren't I sweet?"

     It was a y two-piece baby blue bikini Jieun held up to their eye levels. The three randomly bursted into laughter.

"Ohohoho. This battle hasn't even ended. Don't be too confident of yourself Elementary Song if I win."

"Haha. Sure. Keep in mind. Don't stay up too late because it is baaaad for the skin. Buuuuh-byyyyye now."

     The girls stuck out their tongues waving goodbye.

     Midnight has striked and someone is causing a ruckus in the kitchen.

"Noooooona! You have low alcohol tolerance. Why did you drink so much huh?"

"Aiiigoooo! Jun Hyosung! What in the world are you doing?"

     An annoyed G.NA took the empty bottle of beers from Hyosung's hands and slammed it onto the table, alarming Hyosung. She stands up, looks at G.NA and narrows her eyes, then brought her hands onto G.NA's cheekbone, rubbing it.

"Song. Ji. Eun. Did you get plastic surgery? You look ugly!"

"Stop talking nonsense! You're drunk!" she yelled and slapped Hyosung's shoulderblade.

     Zelo hurried beside Hyosung and linked his arm on one side with G.NA on the other. They dragged her outside with force, while she kept on trying to resist.

"Aiyoooo! Don't be like this noona! You are disturbing everyone from their sleep!"

"Tch! Jun. Hyo. Sung! You drank too much already! Just go to bed and rest!"

"MmmMMmmm. I am not drunk! Let go! Let go of meeeeeeee!"

     She swung her arms and pulled forward overpowering the two. Her head then landed onto Daehyun's chest, who had no idea what was going on with all the noise. And she begins crying the moment she looks at him.

"Uhuuhuuwahahauh! You are right. It's my entire fault! [hiccup] I deserve this! I shouldn't have lied in the first place! I shouldn't blame you either for not helping! Mianhae! [hiccup] Miaaaanhaeeeeyoo!"

     She pound her head against his chest and he patted her.

"A-uh okay. It's alright. I don't blame you as well."

     For a bit she stops weeping and tells him straight in his eyes.

"I hope my wangja (prince) [hiccup] will come and rescue me."

     He covers his mouth.

"Wonbin isn't bad either.. [hiccup] Except he doesn't have a dime! Uweeeaaaheei!"

     Unsure of what he shall do next, Daehyun shifted his eyes at G.NA, who couldn't stand it anymore, gestures him to take Hyosung into her bedroom. He supports and comforts her all the way till they reach her room. After placing her onto the bed, he glances at her diary and remembers what Zelo told him about the confession in a bikini. Quietly he pulls a loose page and skims.

"Prince Yongguk and Song Jieun are very close. Prince Yongguk was rich, smart, and handsome. How I truly wish a prince would come and rescue me."

     That was it, and he puts the page back in its place.

     The sun has rised and Hyosung was no longer in bed nor her dress. She normally wakes up late and no one in the household knows where she has gone to this early in the morning. The party starts in the afternoon and she left her invitation card behind. G.NA blamed Daehyun for not helping Hyosung and letting her suffer. His compensation is to spend his whole day working. He notices something on the back of the invitation card and smirks. It was written words of what he said about confronting one's lies.

     Half an hour passed, Zelo pitied his sister's fate and pressures the busybody Daehyun to finish reading Hyosung's diary.

Dear diary,

     Whenever I see Prince Yongguk, my heart keeps beating faster and faster. Dooguen doogeun. I couldn't contain it any longer. So I decided writing my true feelings onto a love letter and sent it to him.

     He didn't reply. But kyaaah my admiration towards him continued to grow enormously.

     Finally, one day, o-m-gee I was invited to his birthday party! It was a bikini theme. We can gain admission only if we belly dance. To be honest, I don't have much friends and I have never been to these types of party.

     Man! I was very nervous on the day of his birthday. We were alone. By alone, I mean no one was here besides the two of us. He cued the music on his boombox. Yoohoo by Secret. I happily danced on the grass like a little girl eating cold delicious ice cream in the hot summer heat. However, it melted in a matter of second.

     Without realizing, he was pointing and laughing hysterically at me. I didn't understand why. I stopped dancing and turned around. Oh gosh. A group of rich kids were pointing their fingers laughing directly at me too. Then I looked back at Yongguk.

     It was her, Song Jieun, standing beside him. I didn't know what to do. Front and back. Everyone just teased and laughed at me. And the sprinklers came on... I was their entertainment. I was their biggest joke. Not a single hand lent...as each droplets of water hit me...

     Prince Yongguk and Song Jieun are very close. Prince Yongguk was rich, smart, and handsome. And so was Elementary Song. Why didn't I notice this before? Why must I be the one to experience this? Why?

     Sigh....How I truly truly wished a prince could have come and rescued me then.

"Tragic right?"

"Wasn't this all in the past? Why didn't she tell me the truth?"

"Hyung, have you ever been defeated before? If you have, you would understand the agony."

     Daehyun recalls the time in the storage room. His argument with Hyosung.

"Why are you hesitating? No need to think hyung. She is waiting for you to save her."

     His eyes burned with determination, "Arrasso."