Status: Superior / Luck (?)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Superstarhyo, Inc.


 

There is nothing like the smell of fresh air in the morning. G.NA prepared her special snack in the kitchen. Zelo preoccupied himself with school homework in the living room. Hyosung, on the other hand, had trouble getting ready...

"G.NA dukboki style! Yum!."

"Omma!" whined Hyosung holding a cup and a toothbrush.

"Whoa! Sweetie you missed a spot if you are trying to shave your mustache?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Be more serious please."

[clears throat] "Alright."

"The water supply is out, AGAIN."

"Agh dang! Our neighbors must have forgotten to make a payment to their utility bills."

"Heol. We'll be found out if our water pipe tends to be connected to the same family."

"Ooo smart! I'll switch and use another family!"

"Uh huh."

"Not to mention, Jun Hyosung, can you deliver a cylinder of gas to Choco's family? They ran out of gas supply."

     Just hearing that particular name, Choco, brought a smile in awed on Zelo's face.

"A—arasseo."

"Don't forget either, sign up for the sedan chair competition."

"Okay."

"I heard that the first place prize winner will receive $217240 SKW (=$200 USD)."

     *     c     h     a   -    c     h     i     n     g     *     

"Chincha!?!"

"Gasp. What do you take me for? Now go earn some money for the family living expenses. Got it?"

Yay! I can buy my dress then! Ahem. "Affirmative, I will be on my way now." She ecstatically marched off.

>>  15 minutes later

Hyosung carried two tanks of gas outside the house, loaded them onto the truck, and gleefully sang. "Money money makes you da- da- dance all night, night."  She happily skipped to the mailbox afterwards and skimmed through various letters. "La da di da da ah~" Her spirit lifted higher from the sight of what she had been waiting for. "Woot! Eomoni's memorial concert invitation card. Can this day get any better? Teehee. Next stop Choco's place!"

>>  30 minutes later

She parked her car, hopped out, unloaded a gas cylinder, and brought herself towards a clothing store, the Amazinger. She then placed the tank on the ground and leaned closer to the glass window to take a good look at a mannequin. Mother, if I win the competition, I will be able to wear this dress, especially to the special event created in memory of you.

     *     s     m     a     c     k     *     

Hyosung snapped back to reality. "Yah! Choco, why did you do that for!?!"

"Hmph. Jun Hyosung, don't even bother. Daydream all you want. But that dress is more suitable for people like me: full of beauty and grace. Just bring the gas in."

"Ha. Ha. How would you know? I have yet even worn that dress."

"Pfft. No need. One can already tell who the superior person is just by looking at our hands." She haughtily said, flipping her hands in front of Hyosung's face.

Appalled, Hyosung was taken aback. True, compared to Choco's, her hands were rather rough and dry. She grew up experiencing and doing hard work labor since childhood. "Cheh. What gives? Who wants such plastic hands like yours?" She replied with a plastered smile. To top it off, she threw the cylinder over her shoulders, swung it across Choco's direction, and walked past her. Lucky for Choco, she ducked to dodge the swing. Hyosung finished in a sarcastic tone, "Oh my. Look at the time. I've to deliver gas. See ya (don't wanna be ya)."


Choco's House


"Hyosung! What took you so long? Can't you see that I am shivering?" Zinger nagged the moment Hyosung arrived. "It's so cold! I have shampoo on my hair. I spent the past 10 minutes washing my hair. My fingers are practically shriveled waiting for you to replace the gas tank water heater."

     Unfortunately, her whine was not heard because Hyosung only cared about installing the new gas tank.

Two minutes after, Choco showed up extremely annoyed about earlier. "Augh, how dare you, Jun Hyosung!"

"Great, all set! Your total is $30590 SKW (=$28 USD), Zinger-sshi." Hyosung stated, completely ignoring Choco.

"Wae! How could the price be increased by $5? My normal pay has always been $23." Zinger inquired.

"You requested for a rush delivery. Therefore, it is an additional $5 charge."

"Mwo! That is absurd. It is extortion, Jun Hyosung!" fumed Choco.

"Well then. Forget this ever happened. I'll quietly take my leave, and you can search for a different business partner to do your orders with."

"No wait! I'll give you the money." confirmed Zinger.

"Unnie! But—"

"I know, she does this quite often. Honestly there is no other shop we can depend on, except them. At least the slight amount changed isn't too big of a deal, plus our business is better than hers."

     Grr. Choco irate to the max. Jun Hyosung, you...

"Thank you very much." Hyosung displayed her gratitude and slowly curved her lips into a devilish smile. "It was my pleasure doing business with you."


Secret Busan Fishing Village Park


[Music Insert: Fated Person Theme for Hyosung]

"Success does have its rewards." Hyosung evilly laughed walking alone in the park. "$23 for home and $5 for me. Muahaha!"

     Suddenly she was interrupted by a mysterious man wearing a straw hat, with round circle lens sunglasses, and a fan.

Tsk. Tsk. The strange man clicked his tongue and said. "Miss, you have the darkest aura that I have ever come across. I cannot imagine the catastrophe that awaits you. I am worried for you little girl."

"Say what? Hah. Crazy and weird you are..."

      *           B               O                O            M           *     

She hit her forehead on a light pole and bled a bit. "Eh!!?!! ...Bad...luck!?!"

     The strange man witnessed her accident and acted as if nothing had happened. After he had previously warned her, Hyosung turned to him for guidance.

"Master!! I was wrong! You are indeed a great psychic! Please save me with your powers!" She pleaded.

"Yeeee~ If you follow and listen to my instructions, you will successfully avoid and prevent any mishaps."

"O-kay!"

"You can even meet a wealthy man."

"You're joking."

He then reached into his pouch, pulled out a necklace, held it up to Hyosung's eye level, and shook the necklace around as if he was brainwashing her. "You see. This is a love amulet that will help you locate a wealthy man." Completely drawn in, she stared at the necklace, and scanned every detail of the design. Its a bunny holding a star with a crescent moon on the center. "This shaped bunny would make a tokki sound that will have the star twinkle along with a shining moon. If that does occur, it is a sign that you have met the one."

"Wow, thank you Master."

"You are very welcomed. That will be $23."

"Huh!?! $23!?!"

"I'll take my leave then."

"Ack! I'll pay! I'll pay! It is worth it..."

"Authentic money. Much appreciated." He bowed.

"Thanks a lot Master! Take care." She waved goodbye and gazed at the amulet again in silent.

"Hmm...a prosperous man...I'll find him...(if I'm lucky)...right?"


A/N:

They will meet. But when? And how? Time will tell. Choco is actually a character name from the KDRAMA 'Nice Guy.' Played by Lee Yoo Bi.