Identity: Pauper

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Hyosung’s POV

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

Did I hear things correctly?

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

 

Is that you my millionaire prince?

 

     *     T     0     K     K     I   -   T     0     K     K     I     *     

Wah! Popping my eyes open with excitement, I blurted out to my soulmate to please wait for me. But only to have realize that I am still stuck inside this horrid cave! No0Oo! [tokki tokki] Ah! There it goes again! I definitely heard it right! I wasn't fantasizing! Yes! It must be my millionaire prince! I turned immediately towards the direction where the sound generated from. Instead of feeling all giddy to see my special person, my jaws dropped to the floor, literally. To my disappointment it was actually none other than: him.

     WAIT! HIM!?! WHAT? MY LOVE AMULET!?! HOW? WHEN? HE? WHY? GAAAH!

"Yah! Weirdo! That's mine!" I snatched the amulet back.

     He then sat up straight next to me with his arms crossed resting over his bent knees.

"Why'd you steal my amulet? Go get your own! This is meant to find the one for me. You'll hold accountable if the power fades from your mere touch! But in your current state and condition, you have z-e-r-o. How else can you compensate me then, Mr. Pauper?"

     Aigoo! How can someone (you barely met and know) drive you this insane? "Hmm," was all that he could say in response. And why the long face? Am I the bad person? Grr! Seeing him being speechless, I guess I was a teeeeeny bit hard on him. Bah! I must be out of my mind because of the black hole. Speaking of which, what is he staring at? Trailing my eyes to look.

"Those azaleas, what are they doing in such a place?" he pondered, asking me.

"Eh? What are you talking about? They can be found everywhere. You're odd, gawking alone at wild flowers."

"I was just thinking of a way to help solve our problem on how to get us out of here while sightseeing some flowers."

"Uh huh." For a person that had lost his memories, he may not be incompetent as he seems.

     Without warning, I saw him stood on his feet, took the satchel, and went to where there was light shone through a crack area ample enough for a person, including a bear, to fit in. So I followed behind. Although my sprained ankle hasn't exactly healed, I limped and speedwalked to catch up with him. Once we successfully crawled outside of the cave, we found ourselves still trapped below! Sigh... Is it possible that we will make it out alive?

     In the meantime, I watched him pressed his hand against the jagged wall of rocks forming a steep hill. His dark brown eyes completely absorbed and focused on analyzing the sturdiness of the rocks trailing to the surface. Suddenly, he turned his whole body to face me.

"I can carry you."

"Heh. I'll pass." I made an X sign with my index fingers. "You might end up taking advantage of me a-gain."

"Alright then suit yourself."

     Kyaaah! He really wasn't kidding. He's actually planning to leave me behind. All by myself, in this creepy place, fending alone with no food, no water, no human contact, and already wounded as I am... This can't be happening, right?

"A-a-ah w-wait!" I tugged onto the corner of his shirt to prevent him from making another move. "Fine. I trust you. But give me your messenger bag."

     He blinked, "Mmm, here," wondering the reason why did I use the satchel to cover the upper part of my chest.

"I have to take precautionary step."

"For what?"

     Omona! This boy... Can he be that dense? It shouldn't be necessary for me to have to go as far as to explaining the purpose, right? Oh wells. Forget it, since he did willingly help me yesterday, I'll go easy on him this time. "Never mind. We should get going. It'll be dangerous if we continue to stay here." I answered and then gestured him to bend his knees lower to allow me to grasp hold of him for a piggyback ride. As soon as I was secured on his back, we began to move forward, together, rock climbing to the top.

Huh... Now that I do think about it, he listens and complies well to my requests, seems he is quite the obedient type. Hmm... Somehow I also can't help but think about his firm shoulders and his warmth. It reminds me of...him. Heehee. Before I knew it, my lips were curved, smiling like an idiotic little girl.

>> • <<

Daehyun’s POV

 

The minute I brought myself forth against the rocks, getting ready to climb, my tee was drawn aback by the squealing girl.

"A-a-ah w-wait! Fine. I trust you. But give me your messenger bag."

     Omo! This girl... Can she be suffering from her own emotional crisis? And why is she using my satchel to place it against herself? Oh wells. Of course I cannot leave a girl behind, stranded alone here, especially her with an injured ankle that has yet fully recovered. Yeah I won't let that happen, and besides, she is my savior.

     After she had locked her arms around my shoulders and neck, I double checked that she is in safe hands before proceeding, and then started climbing up the rocks. While rock climbing our way upward, Hyosung broke the short brief moment of silence.

"Hey."

"Yes?"

"You know..."

"Know what?"

"You have very broad and warm shoulders."

     Oho, a compliment?

"Compared to Zelo, total opposite: lean and thin."

     Where is she going with this?

"Compared to my father though, much similar: warm and broad...I'll always remember..."

     Does she have a for shoulders?

"However the feeling is somewhat different."

     And she calls me the weird one.

"Err...I can't put my fingers on it..."

"Have you fallen in love with my shoulders?"

"Wha?"

"You are fond of my shoulders, right?"

"Ha! W-weirdo! Who would!?! Dream on Mr. Pauper!"

"Uh huh," going along with the flow, keeping steady, shifting on one rock step to another.

     By this point, we have already reached three quarters to the top.

The next thing I knew, I felt a loud ba-thump coming from my back.

     *     d     u     g     u     e     n   -   d     u     g     u     e     n     *     

That abnormal rate of speed. Its peculiar beat and pace.

     *     d     u     g     u     e     n   -   d     u     g     u     e     n     *     

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Isn't it fascinating?"

"What is?"

"I mean, even though there is a thick bag separating us, I can still feel your heart beat thump strong."

"Eh?"

"It's beating enormousy fast and intense." I chuckled telling her.

"H-hey! T-that is because I am nervous!"

"Mhm." Silly girl, stating the obvious.

"A-ah! N-not because of you, but the height!"

"Deh, deh, deh." Silly dork, I didn't ask why either. On the other hand, we have offically made it out of the SECRETTIME'S Meadow black hole in one piece.

>> • <<

Returning successfully on grassland, Daehyun did not bother to stop or rest. He is determined to carry Hyosung until they arrive to the car safe and sound. Except when Hyosung gradually slips to the side of him, losing her place, during the piggyback. Being considerate as he is, he slows down to readjust her. As soon as he gripped onto her arms to adjust her back into place, Hyosung notices a deep cut on his hand and became worried. Daehyun, however, was not disturbed by his bleeding hand caused from climbing and scrapping against those rocks earlier.

"Ahem. You're strange."

"How so?"

"You could have just abandoned me and runoff elsewhere."

"True. But wae?"

"Well, I mean, you had that choice..."

"I know, and I made the right decision."

"But you didn't have to carry me..."

"You are an injured patient."

"You didn't have to lend me your jacket either..."

"You could have freezed and gotten sick."

"Um... Isn't it better that way to leave me be? Since I would be less of a hindrance on you..."

"Aniyo. Because to me, you are my only acquaintance and if I am not beside you, then I am afraid that I might not know where to go."

Hyosung's heart tweaked. [ba-thump] Her heart ached more when he unexpectedly glanced at her while walking forward. [ba-thump] She felt as if her heart was stabbed with a knife three times. Such a mess...I must stay cool, calm, and collected, she thought and tried to pull herself back together. "E-ehem. Easy for you to say. Maybe you have some motive—"

"Yah, I really meant it. I am serious."

"..."

"You know, when I open my eyes, the first person I see is you. The person that took care of me is also you. I cannot forget that sensational feeling. It is kindred to holding onto a rope tight when I am about to fall."

Hearing those kind and honest words, Hyosung giggled on the inside. She could not refrain herself from grinning, but no matter what, she did her best to mask what she felt. Brush it off, brush it off. "W-why tell me all this? Are you courting me, huh? Let me warn you. I am not least bit interested and you have no moola. Mr. Pauper, please don't dare try and spoil my market." She made clear to him. Yet in the end, her lips slightly curved upwards, creating a gentle smile she hid to herself, buried inside her heart within a box.

     Few minutes passed and Daehyun abruptly stopped in one spot. He stumbles upon an important question he wanted to ask. Although he may have already known what the answer would be, he wants to personally hear it from her still.

"About Granny Jun, she doesn't live around her, does she?"

     For a second, Hyosung froze. She was thoroughly thinking whether or not to tell him. After a long silent pause, Daehyun began to move onward.

"N-neh...Granny Jun does not live here..."

"Oh." He replied to her with a calm tone of voice.

"She resides at the back mountain of the village..."

"I see." Despite figuring out the truth, he treated her with ease.

"M-mm..." she stuttered, overwhelmed by guilt.

"Yes?" he said, awaiting patiently for her response.

"...m-mianhe," she sincerely apologized to him from the depths of her heart.

With that, Daehyun let a bright smile out and kept to himself, while carrying Hyosung, who could only see the backside of his head.


A/N: 

Been replaying SECRET & B.A.P's Crash performance on the 27th GDA. Major hotness & cuteness overflowing the stage!