Attempt: Nothing Is Impossible (3)

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Villagers of Secret Busan continued standing still defending TS Motel. Their action was herioc. However it did not change GM Youngjae's decision. Rather he gave them his final warning. He clarifies that this project will be a win-win situation. The motel and village will not be tarnished. By doing so, Matoki is helping through creating more jobs open for the unemployed and even attract more visitors, especially targeting younger people. In conclusion, the villagers had no comment. They walked off with their heads hung low, while G.NA and Brian asked Zelo what exactly his sister told him.

"Hyosunggie-noona? No it was actually Wonbin-hyung. But I um can't seem to remember..."

"Aiigoooo... You have such poor memory son."

     They were flustered watching their home get smashed further until a girl cuts in the same way Zelo did awhile ago surprising everyone.

"HYOSUNG!"

     She unwraps the jacket in her hands, pulls out a polaroid picture, and held it against Youngjae's eye level.

"This flower you see here is found within Secret Busan Fishing Village's boundaries. Also known as the red star azalea. It is a protected plant facing extinction."

     He takes the photo from her hands and scoffs asking what is her justification. She explains their village is within the rights and protection of the government. Therefore the demolishment cannot be carried out. Despite making her point, Youngjae doesn't believe her either.

"Matoki decides the fate of this village now. And I, Yoo Youngjae, represent Matoki." he concluded and flung the photo away in her face.

      Her anxiety briefly rose till she recalled the words of confidence Daehyun spoke when confronting your enemy. She became poised and determined.

"Matoki isn't a one-stop restaurant. It is an international enterprise. With regards to the international laws, it should be deemed very important. This concerns its reputation after all."

Ju-Jung Daehyun? he thought and began fretting. That can't be possible?

     The more Hyosung talked and went on about natural resources conservation, the more Youngjae pictures Daehyun speaking instead. Her statement influenced him. He finally admits defeat and felt underestimated by them having someone with hidden talents. Before departing, he cautioned Brian that the loan amount must be repaid.

" Somehow. I won't give up and I have a feeling we will meet again. Roll out!"

     Every Secret Busan villager and TS employee applauded Matoki's GM and contractors retreat, excluding Ilwoo. He stayed behind and approached Hyosung, who said she was honestly terrified. But he responded saying her actions were quite impressive and radiated charms. Hearing that, she felt embarrassed.

"Keukeu. I give my thanks to Cousin Wonbin for teaching me."

"Wonbin? Your brother had mentioned him. Hmm. May I perhaps meet your cousin?"

"Definite...ly...eyaAAH! I almost forgot. He fell into the hole!"

"MWO!?! Why didn't you tell us earlier!?! Let's altogether go save him!" shouted G.NA, Brian, Zelo, Choco, and Himchan who overheard.

"STOP! Everyone please calm down. It's ok. I will bring our hero of Secret Busan Fishing Village back home. No worries. I got this!"

"Woot! Hyo-sweety! You can do it! Good luck!" everyone rooted for her.

     Later followed by Ilwoo, who volunteered on joining her, including Brian.

     Minutes after arriving SECRETTIME's Meadow, the three split and searched for Daehyun. Because the field is much too big it would've taken hours if they had stuck together. In all possible holes they looked, it was obvious; the first person finding Daehyun was no other than Brian Joo. He was afraid what would happen if Ilwoo does encounter Daehyun so he made sure they do not.

"Give me your hand, Wonbin."

     Daehyun extended his arm and does his best clutching firmly onto Brian's hand. Sadly Brian couldn't hold any longer and loses muscle power. Letting Daehyun slip to his fall, hitting his head hard onto the solid rocks, knocking him out at the bottom, ending a gush of his past memories flash through.

[sirens play eeeoooeeeooo]

>> • <<

In the hospital waiting room, Hyosung and Ilwoo met with a nervous Brian. She panicked asking him why did he not contact them immediately at the fields.

"Sorry for making you worry Hyo-dear. I just thought saving him was more important." he stammered. "Did Zinsuk tell you I am here?"

"Uhn. How is Wonbin?" she quivered his forearms.

"Wonbin hurt his head and lost some blood. As of now he is inside the operating theatre."

     Hyosung covers in shock, while Ilwoo felt horrible and apologized on behalf of Matoki's doing. He also wanted to give his apologies personally to Hyosung's cousin and offered support in anyway he could. His sincere apology was accepted, but Brian told him that it isn't a good idea to see Cousin Wonbin (since Ilwoo knows Daehyun's true identity), yet.

"He wouldn't be pleased and I don't want any misunderstandings if you continue staying here."

"Master Joo is right. I'm sorry Ilwoo. For today, I think it won't be convenient."

"...arrasso Hyosung. You have my number. If you need me, give me a call and I'll be there"

"Gaja. I'll walk you." replied Brian, who hurriedly escorted Ilwoo outside the hospital buildings.

 

Hyosung's POV

 

Oh gosh. Wonbin has a head injury and loss of blood. I hope it's not something serious. Heaven, please let him be fine.

"Excuse me Miss. Are you a family member of the wounded patient?"

"Ah yes I am."

"Regrettably our hospital has no Type AB in stock and he needs blood transfusion a-sap."

"I-I am Type AB nurse!"

"How fortunate. Come follow me then Miss. We will do a blood test beforehand."

"O-okay!"

     After the nurse took my blood sample, she brought me into the ward. I lied on one of those gatch beds. Holding tight onto my amulet, as my blood was being drawn completely into a pouch, I reminisced every single moment I had spent my time together with him. My oh my. Thinking back, Wonbin-ah, I am so sorry that I was the person who hit you, made you lose your memory, and even wanting to abandon you. I am such a cruel woman yet you are always there for me whenever I crossed danger. Jeongmal mianhae. This time I will be the one to save you.

"Nurse! Take as much blood as you want. I really don't mind even if it means transfusing all of my blood just as long as you can save him please!"

"Miss, that won't do. If you go above 1000cc, there is a chance of losing consciousness or worse die. Don't worry. We are doing everything we can to save him too."

[sniffles] Wonbin, please be alright. Stay strong.

     Hours afterwards, I had been patiently waiting for the nurse's update on Wonbin's status. I noticed the ER lights went off. Three nurses, including the girl who assisted me earlier, exited from the room. They were pushing a transporting bed.

"Nurse, how is he? Wonbin. The person I donated my blood to."

"I am truly sorry Miss. We tried our best."

"No...that can't be...but I transfused enough blood! Didn't I? Nurse! You promised me that you will save him! Why is he dead?"

"I understand. However the injured patient was sent here already in critical condition. Again, my condolensces for your loss Miss."

I-Impossible...I gazed towards the transporting bed. My tears poured on the white sheets covering him entirely head to toe. I placed my hands on his cold arms, shaking it lightly, nonstop.

"Wo...Wonbin-aaahahaaa! Don't die! Wonbin, it's me, Jun Hyosung. Don't leave me alone. Wonbin-aahahaaa!"

"M-miss, please relax."

"Wonbin, you told me that I am the only person that you knew in this world. If you leave me, you won't know where else to go. But now, you will have to go to a faraway land all by yourself! Hoogu hoogu. You won't be lonely would you? You won't be scared if you can't find me would you? Uwaaaahahaaaa! Don't die Wonbin! Jun Hyosung is here. Don't leave me behind! Wake up please!"

     Suddenly someone tapped me. I didn't bother looking because I know who it is judging by his tone of voice.

"H-Hyo-honey! What are you doing?"

"Ma-master Jooooo! Wonbin is, is deeeaaaad!"

"Aish! What are we gonna do with this girl?"

     I rubbed my eyes and turned to his direction.

"W-wonbin is, M-mast..."

     I paused and became speechless the second I removed my hands from my eyes. It was like the whole world crashed and ended right before my eyes. Hoping the person standing in front of me is a ghost.

"Wonbin? Y-you're not dead?"

     The boy nodded in response.

     Omona... My heart is literally on the verge of exploding. I started feeling lightheaded, my whole body strength weakened, making me collapse in an instant. HEOK!!!! Only to be caught in the hands of HIM.

"Ah! Hyo?"

"Y-you didn't hear every word I said, did you?"

     He smiled wide, nodding once more.

     FML. My life is over. I wanna dig a hole and crawl inside it. Better yet, kill me, n-o-w. Aiiiiyoooooo! My head is pounding. My vision has darkened. Everything became a huge blur. I have officially lost all senses in this world leading me into a faint sleep.

"Eo? Hyosung? Hyosung?" his sweet melodic voice called my name twice.

 

 

 

     Am I hallucinating? I can't seem to feel my feet on the ground. Am I levitating? No wait. Am I being carried? That must be it. Right? Cause the person carrying me feels really warm and secure. Especially the way he is holding me. It is as if he is protecting someone very precious. So delicate. Like a princess being held in the arms of her prince charming.

      Gradually opening my weary eyes I see a smirking boy carrying me down the hospital halls. His face was simply a few inches away from mine.

"Wonbin? Why are you here? Is your injury healed?"

     No answers came from him. He kept his grinning face on.

     Slowly then he begins leaning towards me, inching deeper, closing his eyes, gently placing his soft lips on top of mine.

[tokki -- tokki]

     Is this real? Or is this a dream?

     Once our lips parted, he pecked my forehead and whispers into my ears.

"Shhh. Don't worry about me. Right now you are weak. Just close your eyes and have a good rest."

     I complied and enveloped my arms around his neck, returning myself into a deep slumber, resting my head against his shoulder and chest, thinking how I can now recognize the difference between a kiss and a CPR.

Within that moment, I felt a unique spark. It was magical.

Within that moment, my heart beat unease. And it was rather a happy one.

Within that moment, I was floating on cloud nine. Glitter sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.

What we had shared between us is in fact a special kiss.

     Heehee. I do feel like a princess straight out from a storybook.

If this is a dream, then let me sleep longer.

If this is real, then oh so help me.