Status: Shame

Tokki Prince Charming

 


Rooftop


 

Jung Daehyun, if this is what it takes to show yourself, so be it. "Innocent lives are at stake, and you, Jung Daehyun are to blame if they lose their homes! You hear me! But if you refuse to listen to my plea, I, Brian Joo, shall trade my life in on their behalf!" Those were his last words in the public eye.

Local people—mainly hotel guests and the employees—gathered and witnessed his crying despair from below. The commotions can be heard inside the building. It led Hyosung to become curious, thus she joined the crowd outside to see for herself. She trailed her eyes up and spotted a person standing at the edge on top of a building. Is that? She paused for a sec, squinted her eyes to confirm once more, and panicked. "Manager Joo!!! Wae!?! Please don't do anything rash! [hoogu hoogu] What to do!!? What to do!?!"

     Near the exit door to the rooftop, Daehyun and Jongup encountered Ilwoo and two security guards that will guide them on the way to meet Manager Joo.

"What did you do to make him attempt suicide?"

"Why did you shorten the deadline?"

"You have much to learn, Jung Ilwoo. One must act fast, if you want to accomplish great things. Consider that the Secret Busan project cannot be delayed and must be done forthwith." He aloofly answered, leaving Ilwoo feeling relatively discontent. Daehyun approached Manager Joo for negotiation. "Brian Joo!"

"You've come! Finally I have your full attention!"

"Excellent." He replied, standing next to Manager Joo, rocking his entire body back-and-forth on the tip of the ledge. "From the looks of it, death is certain."

"Mwo? What nonsense do you utter about?"

"I checked the height." He responded with a straight face. "For you."

Ilwoo frowned and tries to budge in their conversation, "Sir!" But fails.

"Was that supposed to be a threat!?!"

"Jongup!" ordered Daehyun.

"Ah. Yes, sir." Jongup handed a document to Daehyun.

"This form is a loan agreement that you signed under your name to Matoki in the amount of $4.1 million dollars."

"Precisely I accepted the loan. However you are neglecting the lives of the villagers with your tourism project! Disregarding their feelings means that I have no other choice except to fight you!"

     In an instant Manager Joo throws his fist at Daehyun's face, but misses. He loses his balance and slips off the ledge. Fortunately Daehyun caught his rightt arm in time. Everyone watching from the ground level screamed in worry, especially Hyosung and Soeun.

"Would you stop fidgeting!?! I can let go and have you fall to the bottom of your death you know!"

     Troubled with physical power, Manager Joo was slowly slipping away from Daehyun's grip, which caused a strain to Daehyun's wrist. Without a doubt, Ilwoo jumps in to help Daehyun pull Manager Joo back up to safety. Hyosung raced to the entrance door, only to be stopped by the security guards.

"Are you okay, Mr. Joo?" Ilwoo asked a motionless Manager Joo.

"Hmph. [fixes suit and sleeve] You are a shame to the society. Note this down Jongup and Jung Ilwoo, a press release will be ready before the reporters come. First point, it has been arranged four years ago that Matoki will have the rights to TS Motel and the fishing village. That will be less than a month. Second point, we, the CEO and Brian Joo, made a contract that cannot not be breached. Last point, he will apologize to the public for making a scene and for his negative behavior today." With that being said, Daehyun and Jongup left.

"Sir, you should get your wrist examined."

"This is nothing. It will heal in due time."


Leaving Matoki Hotel Time


Shocked and disheartened from the news, Ilwoo stayed behind to comfort Manager Joo, who had continuously begged him for a possible second chance, which was beyond his control. As they walked down the stairways to the first floor and exit the building, a crying Hyosung pushed through the security guards and threw herself onto Manager Joo for a tight hug.

"You are not hurt are you?"

"No, I am fine."

"Uwaaaa! I was scared if something really did happen to you!"

     *     h     o     o     g     u   -   h     o     o     g     u     *     

"I'm sorry..." He hugged her back tenderly.

After they finished sympathizing together, Hyosung broke into tears again when she met eyes with Ilwoo. She marched up to him and then shoved him. "You! This is your fault! You must be the reason to have drove Manager Joo into committing suicide! How dare you think that you can easily bully us!?!" Hitting him consistently on his chest until Manager Joo explained to her that Ilwoo was not the person responsible.

"Hyosung! You've mistaken. He has nothing to do with this." He clarified and then gave his final words of appreciation to Ilwoo before leaving with Hyosung. "Thank you for accompanying me on the way out. I can handle myself from here on."

"I understand. Take care." He smiled and bowed goodbye. Once inside Matoki, he glanced back with a concerned facial expression.

The minute Hyosung and Manager Joo turned to leave the area, the people around them whispered about how a person trying to end their own life is such a shame. Manager Joo felt humiliated and depressed, but Hyosung did not care and protected him by telling those people off that there is nothing to see plus it is none of their business as she held onto his arms to depart back home.


Daehyun's Office


 

Soeun conveyed to Daehyun on how worried she was about him. He also expressed to her his worriness on how he was not informed about her first day of work as a receptionist for Matoki. People may assume that his family and him are not treating her well enough he explained. Moving closer to her, he placed his hands on her shoulders to relax her muscle tension, saying that she should not be in a bad mood, and to take a break from work tomorrow. After calming her nerves, he headed back to his desk chair and continued that they will be on a trip to visit TS Motel and hoped to hear her suggestions knowing that she had majored in Hospitality Management. This created an uncomfortable atmosphere between the two.

     *     R     i     N     g     R     i     N     g     *     

Daehyun answered the phone and busied himself with work. Soeun, practicially displeased with his words and action, did her goodbye bow and took her leave from the office. He nodded and watched her walk away from the corner of his eyes. Despite being on call, he felt unease.


TS Motel


Hyosung does her best to encourage Manager Joo. "Even after TS Motel closes down, you still own a mass property!"

"That land would be the entire fishing village."

     *     c     r     i     c     k     e     t     *     

"Jun Hyosung!" G.NA shouted, scolding Hyosung for slacking off. "I knew you'd be here. You sure have the guts to not deliver that second cylinder and make our client wait for hours huh!"

"Omma! I have a rational excuse. The car stalled and Manager Joo crossed some issues that must be helped!"

"The diva has problems? Cheh. Didn't I tell you many times that TS Motel is exclusive for aliens. There won't be any guests because rather than wanting to stay here, they would simply want to hop away to neverland instead. Now stop lingering at this place. You have other important matters to attend to!"

Manager Joo gets fed up listening to G.NA yelling at Hyosung and criticizing TS Motel, especially him. So he pulls her to the side to teach her a lesson that eventually turned into a cold war. "You haven't changed a bit! You are the same as always! Raising your tone of voice and lecturing the children 24/7 with all your nags. Someone needs to give you a taste of your own medicine! And stop calling me a diva, ya diva queen!"

"Hmph! They are my children! What can you do about it? Get your own kid, DIVA!"

"The truth has been spoken! You knew that I could not give you a son so you left me for another man and gave birth to a boy that has trouble speaking proper Korean!"

"I have already told you that he is suffering from verbal dyspraxia! What more do you need me to say!?! You have been slandering me for sixteen years! Gah!"

"You dare say that! You were the one that walked out on me for Hyosung's dad! I should have known there was something suspicious between you guys when you stepped into his room!"

"Mwo!?! I went into his room because there was no one else that could help repair his broken fan except me! I am glad we are divorced and Zelo's surname is C-H-O-I~!"

"Ha! Ha! Don't you forget that your shop is on my land!"

"Augh! I funded that shop! Try taking it back if you can, DIVA JOO!" She ended the fight and grabbed Hyosung's wrist. "Let's go!"

     On the sideline, Hyosung had watched the two quarrel about their past various times. She was use to how they involve her dad in their argument too. In the end, everything was no big deal because the two often fight on the daily basis whenever they see each other. Hyosung told Manager Joo to take care and be well while being forcefully dragged away by G.NA.

As soon as they were gone, Manager Joo gazed at the TS Motel label sign. "What a shame..." He said, disappointed that he had ruined such a valuable antique place with his own hands. Finished reminiscing the good and bad memories, he made his way into the building with his whole body slumped...


A/N:

Daehyun will visit TS Motel so ya know what that means. Omo! Can't wait for Secret's "Talk That" to release! Goodness! Hotness & cuteness overload below! Daehyun & Hyosung both have dark hair! <3